Words & Sentences

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

What will he never do?

Give you up
3%
Let you down
No votes
Run around you
No votes
Desert you
7%
All of the above
90%

Total votes : 29

Re: Words & Sentences

Postby Breado » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:48 pm

The forest was quiet.
Holding back his breath, Gavin listened and watched for any noise or movement, but he saw or heard nothing.
His side ached. 'Maybe I shouldn't have pulled it out...' he thought, but it was too late already. When the hunter shot at him the young lycan wasn't quick enough and the arrow landed in his left side. Instinctively he pulled it out and bolted out of there. He didn't check if the man was following him or not, he just wanted to get away from him.
He didn't dare to stop until he found his current hiding spot: some hole under the thick roots of a tree. The roots were covering the entrance, making almost unnoticeable; the perfect hiding spot for a wounded animal.
He pushed himself through the roots. Transforming back into his human form, he waited.

Gavin let out a sigh.
[Something else happens? Now basically half asleep]

The noise of a branch breaking woke him up.
'Oh no...'
Fearing it was the hunter, Gavin held back his breath and listened.
Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:55 pm

"We made it... Holy mackerel, we're still alive!"

"Unhg... Wait, we are...?"

"Yes we are, Tico! Wooh! We got a... way... Wait, what?"

"What what?"

Zilag just stared at him with wide eyes. Atticus turned to look at him and followed his stare. He had legs again.
He was finally back to normal.
"I'm back to normal..."

"Back to normal...?"

Atticus stammered.
"Zil, I can explain..."

"You lied to me..."

"Well, technically, I didn't, but in a way, yeah, but-"

In a second the merman's expression turned from dumbfounded to enraged.
"You bloody liar!" he shouted.

His friend's raspy voice hit him like a whip.
"Look, I can explain, just let me-"

"You don't need to explain a thing! You, and everyone else for that matter, have lied to me!" croaked the merman.
Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:08 pm

"No no no, wait! Let me keep my memories, please!"

"Sorry pal, but you can't. Nobody can know about any of these creatures or magic. Just imagine the chaos that would-"

"But wait! Wait! Listen to this: even if I told anyone, no one would think it's true. And- and you see, I'm a writer so they'd just think it's another one of my stories!"

"Uh..."

"Just- look, i know, I'm the new guy in town, but i came here for inspiration and this was exactly what I was looking for! Albeit a bit more dangerous than I expected, but uh..."

He gave the kalon a sharp stare.

"Really, no one would believe a writer if he said 'Oh I saw magical creatures and almost died!' They'd just think it's another one of my fantasies!"
Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Tue May 26, 2020 2:49 pm

SH2 - Promise-

"Promise?"

X looked a bit uncertain, but eventually, he nodded.
"Yeah. I promise."

just for the little challenge with a fren~

"Look," she said, "I know we don't know each other that well, bit I'm still worried about you. No one deserves to be alone."

Demarion just scoffed. "Yeah, sure."
He paused, staring off into the distance.
"But why?" he added.
If he were to be honest with himself, he doubted Millie's worrying. He wasn't even a member of the Silver Light guild, let alone an innocent member of society. What the hell could the girl see in him that made her care about him? It just didn't make sense to him.

Millie played with her hair.
"I don't know. But you're not as bad as you always show yourself to be."

"And where in he|| are ya getting that from?"

"Well," an all-knowing smile appeared on her face, "for example, you're sitting here, on the roof, at night, talking about some extra mundane stuff, and just being chill and nice. Totally the opposite of what you usually are when we're down with the guys."
Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Thu May 28, 2020 3:13 pm

It was one of those rooms where it couldn't find him. For some reason, it stayed away from these rooms as much as it could, for a reason he never really bother to think of. He was safe, that's what mattered. He called these "safe havens".
Marcus took a deep breath, letting the dust-smelling air into his lungs.

Most of these safe havens looked really similar: the furniture was always arranged in the same positions, yet except for an old desk some furniture was either missing from the room or was switched out with something else. For example, the previous safe haven Marcus found had an old lamp in one corner. However, in the one he's standing in right now, where that same lamp should be there's now a beaten chest of drawers. Everything else was the same.

Marcus was leaning heavily on the door. He was still trying to catch his breath; his last encounter with his chaser almost ended in his demise. It was too close for his liking.
He hasn't been able to take a good look at it yet; the dark or dimly lit hallways of the building let him only see parts of it. When it was in front of him, that is. There were moments when Marcus failed to detect the thing in time and he only realized it's behind him when those long, sharp nails touched his chin or shoulder. The first time this happened, Marcus tirned around - and was how he learned two things: the creature had a tall, slender build, and that its chest looked like the center of its ribcage was missing. No blood or ripped flesh - it was like it's never even been there.

Finally feeling rested enough, Marcus started looking around the room; there wasn't much he could take, but in one of the drawers of a cupboard he found some batteries and a flashlight.
"Finally!" he said as he tested out his newfound lightsource before going back to examining what's different than the last one he was in.
There was a note on the desk - another thing that was always different in every safe haven.
Turning on the little desk lamp, he picked up the note and read it. It was the second part of another note he picked up before; both seemed to come from the same guy whose entries he kept finding on these desks. He figured the person has been longer in this place than him, but he was unsure if he was still alive. But he always came to the conclusion that 'With this thing roaming the halls, it's quite unlikely'.
These two notes were about the creature. 'Seems like my friend managed to get a better look at it than me...'
They described the thing as a "tall, grey, anorexic beast with long arms and long as hell nail - this thing looks like someone who's been going without sleep for at least a year", with "glow-in-the-dark beady eyes - like someone carved out its eyeballs and decided pop some fluorescent pearls in the sockets" and a mouth that "seemed like the void when it opens it".
Marcus pocketed this note too - it was his way of keeping track of which safe havens he discovered. The building's layout was almost like maze-like. Any room could lead to a safe place or a random elevator, but most of them were like empty hotel rooms. Some had a corpse or two in it, others were almost as like nobody has been inside for years, and there were occasionally rooms that had a strange red substance in then - it was all over the walls, almost looking like some come of fungus growing out of a body.

Time to go.
He had to get out. But not without her.
Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:52 pm

Dream quickie:

Freshly bought big notebook, me going thru it
Cuz like, it was Hunter's Woods themed n prompts??

Me finds little comic strip, two bunnies
"Why is your pelt always so shiny?" or something like that
Or like "Your pelt is always so shiny! Why do you take so much extra care about it?"
And the other's like
*Looks up at the stars*
(Idk what it said here but it was something like she wants to become one of those shiny things above)

Back to sleep now, why did i even dream of HW lol, it was nice tbh after all the gore show dreams i had recently pffhhfh

Byron Bunne the bread baron
Last edited by Breado on Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:39 pm

possum bbys
october prompts for themes for that species

Note: do something with the darkling's successful attack

Carus wrote:I haven't seen much of Millie lately. She says her healer classes take up all her time. Sure, that's totally possible, but what do I do when there's a darkling roaming the street and I have no healers in sight?!

I ran after the darkling that manage to avoid my blade. It was much smaller than those Mils and I usually encounter: this one hopped like a bunny and had big ears like one too, but it was the size of almost an average size cat. But fortunately, it wasn't as quick as one so I was able to keep up and eventually corner it in some alley.

{{6 || 5 + 2 = strong hit}}
Carus wrote:"There you are, lil bunny," I panted. "Phew, you gave me quite an exercise, I won't lie." I started slowly walking towards it, readying my sword. "But unfortunately, this is the end. For you, that is."

{{2 || 5 + 7 = miss}}
Carus wrote:I swung my sword as I jumped towards it. I tried to hit it, but the damn thing quickly moved out of the way! I almost hit the wall as I came to a halt. Turning around, I saw the darkling growling and readying an attack.

{{1 || 1 + 4 = miss}}
Carus wrote:The darkling was faster than it appeared to be while I was chasing it. Showing its white fangs it lunged at me, screeching. I didn't have time to dodge its attack - I felt its sharp teeth digging into my shoulder. I let out a yowl, trying to get it off of me before it did any more damage to me.

{{5 || 3 + 6 = weak hit}}
Carus wrote:I managed to get its fangs out of my shoulder. I knocked its head with the hilt of my sword, making it cry out in pain and stumble off of me.
I took a quick look at my shoulder: it didn't look that bad, but it was bleeding quite bad. I had to finish this guy off before I bled out, I thought.
Standing up, I readied an attack.

{{4 || 8 + 5 = miss}}
Carus wrote:Aiming for its head, I lunged at the darkling. Stepping to the side, it dodged my attack again!
"Oh come on!" I complained. "You're not gonna get away that easily-"
Using my momentum I spun around, swinging my blade in its direction.

{{5 || 3 + 8 = weak hit}}
Carus wrote:I felt my sword connecting with its flesh. The darkling let out a horrible shriek. I managed to hit it. It wasn't a terrific hit, but a hit nonetheless.

By this point, I could definitely feel the wound on my shoulder. It hurt like hell, as you would expect.
I watched the black creature shake its head. It growled at me. Then it got ready to jump at me again.

When it did, I held up my sword, ready to block its attack. But it couldn't reach me in time; instead of the darkling landing on me, I saw it getting knocked down mid-air by another cat!

"And that's where you stop, sir!" I heard him say as he held the creature down. "What are you waiting for?!" he told me, adjusting his grip to let part of the darkling's neck show, "Cut its throat while it's down! Hurry!"

So I did as he told.
The darkling let out one last shriek before it turned into smoke and dust. I let out a sigh. Finally it was dead.
Even though I wasn't really with the intervention, I said a quick "Thanks."
I put away my sword and pressed my hand against the wound on my right shoulder.

"No problem. Lucky for you I was just running by," the stranger said. "Man, who knew we'd meet again like this after such a long time!" he added as he stood up.
I took a good look at the tom. His face was covered by a hood, but I could see he was smiling. Suspiciously happy after such an encounter, I thought. By his tail and feet, I guessed him to be a fully black tom. From his posture, he seemed confident but easygoing.
What struck me as odd however, was what he said. Was he confusing me with someone else? I sure as heck don't know a tom who wears a hood and makes himself look like some sort of an assassin.

Noticing my staring, the stranger tilted his head. "What's up, kit'n? Rats got your tongue or something?" he joked.
"What did you mean by 'meeting again'?"
He seemed confused. "Don't you recognize-" he suddenly let out a long 'Oooh', like he's just realized something. "Of course you can't recognize me if you can't see my face, dearie me-"
He then took off his hood.
"How about now?"

As much as I tried, I still couldn't remember anyone like him. I didn't know any toms with a little goatee, a missing right eye and a chipped right ear. And it seems like my prediction was incorrect; the tom wasn't fully black. The tips of his ears were in fact white.
"I uh..." I answered uncertainly, "Sorry mate, you still don't ring a bell."

His expression said it all. He looked like he was both disappointed and not surprised at my answer.
"Ah darn..." He sighed. "Birdie was right, it seems. Still, I'm happy to finally have found you, little brother!"

I couldn't believe what he just said.
"Ig-Ignis?" I stammered, "Ignis?!"
"In the flesh, little spider!"

I wish I could describe the way I felt hearing those words. After so, so many years, my brother was finally standing before me again, smiling at me like we've never parted ways that night.

I must've stood there, jaw dropped, for enough time for Ignis to laugh and ask "What? Do I look more like a ghost now than a cat?"
"Wha-" I shook my head. "I mean no, I mean- It's you! It's really you! I- I thought you were dead, Ignis! How- what happened? And your eye-"
I had so many more questions I wanted - needed - to ask.

[They go to Old Dunwall, where Ignis lives.]
Carus wrote:I hissed.

"Stay still, spider, I'm almost done!"

Although it looking worse than it actually was, the darkling didn't manage to hit anything important. Basically, it was fortunately just a flesh wound.
"There you go. Nice and ready to start healing!" Ignis said as he finished bandaging my injury.
I thanked him.

After putting away the first aid kit, he made some tea and brought some biscuits.
"So," he started with a big smile, "how has my little brother been doing lately? Been a long time since we last saw each other."
"Ain't that an understatement," I laughed.
"Ahah, yeah! But really, tell me everything! What's happened since that night? I'm surprised to see you've started hunting too!"
I shot him a confused look. "What, you thought I'd be too scared to even look at a darkling?"
Ignis chuckled. "Well," he said, "you weren't exactly the bravest kitten out there, Carus!"

It's these times I'm glad I'm not a sphinx. Though I'm half sure my face was so red in that moment that he could see it through my fur.
"Maybe. But I changed, as you can see!" I declared with what pride I had left.
"Hah, I can see that, with how determined you were to chase that darkling there!" Ignis leaned on the table and smiled. " Come on now, out with it! What has my dear little brother been doing for all these years?"

So I told him. About everything - more like most of what - that happened since he disappeared that night. He listened with wide eyes; was I really that much of a scaredy kit' that even just me starting to train myself is surprising? It seemed like it was to him.
"And so you started hunting, huh?"
I nodded.
"Tell me, which guild do you belong to?"
"Huh?"
Ignis gave me a confused look. "Which hunting guild are you in, spider?"
"Uhm... My own?" I answered nervously. Even as a kit I heard of hunters, but not guilds of hunters.
"Wait. Wait, so you mean neither Ghostlights nor the Firebugs recruited you?"
"Uhm..."

A moment of silence followed. It was clear my brother was thinking hard, his brows were furrowed and his tail was swinging side to side.
"That's unusual," he finally said as he leaned on the table, still looking lost in his thoughts.
"How so?" I asked. "Should one of those have come after me or something?"
"Sort of, yes." He paused. "I thought you were a Ghostlight when we fought off that darkling."
"From what?"
"From the fact that I'm a Firebug! And since I didn't see you there anywhere, I figured-"

I cut him off, feeling some excitement rise in my chest. "Wait! Don't tell me you're- Are you really in one guild with White Rabbit?!" I blurted out.
"The White Rabbit? Well yes I am," he answered proudly. "The guy's ego is up in the clouds though," he laughed.
Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:32 am

i dunno how it started - as usual - but from what i can recall i was in our living room. it looked like before it became our living room, so it was basically set up like how it was when it was my room. wait, important points first:
  • my yellow and pink cabinet
  • a riddle/puzzle involving some demon or something
  • the 6. drawer needed a key that we couldn't find for a long time but when we did and opened it it released this dark entity
  • "Have you tried something red?" + some creepy face scratched into the bottom of the 6. drawer
  • some dark entity hunting us
  • me calling out for my dad who was working in our basement
  • (i did wake up but fell back asleep)
  • colors!! we were marked with colors? it was like this colored mist or smoke
  • hiding under a bed but the entity found us
  • i somehow realized that, like, basically i was the one who opened the drawer and basically set it free ("created it", as i said in the dream) so i switched into full parent mode; i gathered some courage and stood up, saying something like "[name starting with E + L]! What do you think you're doing?! How dare you! I created you, I'm your father, stop this at once!"
  • and... the thing - she... calmed down, in a way? and turned into this... beautiful deer that was like- it had a doe's face but the neck and height of a stag. it's colors were like a sunset's mixed with the browns of the doe and at one point i noticed it had stars shining on its neck - she was truly beautiful
  • i pet and hugged her, tho she still seemed to be on the edge - then she just... went to explore space, i think :/
  • she left us some gifts in those drawers and the scratched text in the bottom of drawer 6 also disappeared
  • later, i got into an argument with someone while i was with a friend and i called out to E.; and she actually came to defend me! it was great seeing her again
Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:46 am

mantis "The Cat" - stay still
aggression
singing

a crypt or something with the first encounter with a uh... what should i call them? 'mediums'? nah, that wouldn't be correct. ... 'seers' wouldn't be correct either because they can interact with each other/past n future others like them when they find those uh... 'orb' things
i hate how they were like those things from Genshin lol
same with the purple glows and the 'vision' thing
oh well, gotta work on these to forge them into a proper world and characters :3c

there were like 7 friends/siblings (i hate how this must've been an obvious reference to the Umbrella Academy) - i need to lower this to 5 because that i can still work with lol (i'll probably keep them as adopted siblings except for one pair)

It's like all of them but one had these monsters likeThe Cat as their... idk, not really 'fears' but like... a part of them? ish?
like think of it like:
- the aggression one highlighted anger issues
- the sing-to-control-or-something highlighted their problems with self-esteem?
- The Cat maybe highlighted the fear of being the center of attention or something with patience

the one having no monster, the 'medium/seer/something' (the 'link'?) despite not having a monster, his power drained him fast; the max times he could use it was like... 5? maybe 7 if i remember correctly? before becoming completely exhausted

let's name them now, shall we?
- Carlisle Strudwick/Rolland Brewster/Roxy Martell/Morley Weekes (come on.)/Rusty Fitzroy lol/Flannery Tatham??/
- okay, the siblings will def gonna be called Abner and Liz (Elizabeth)
- Arthur shall be the name of the 'link'/'seer/whatever
Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:20 am

yet another dream of this humble bread, hmm hmm hmmmm-

Notes to not forget:

the items they were after:
  • 8 ball from a billiard game
  • upper part of some prosthetic limb?
  • "Winter"

The train scene
Pastel brown flower
Rose disappears/turns into said flower and almost dies

why do i remember the hamster's name but not the main protag guy's? lol
the hammie was called Sebestyén btw

Gotta rename Rose to Eira and the guy to Denzel when i rewrite this to be a better-ish written story
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little note:

There were two parts to this dream: in one, the main story was just a game on mobile that basically full-screened itself when I opened it (as in I was basically sucked into it but like… like when in a game the camera zooms in on some screen and a cutscene starts, except I controlled the character), and the other was that the story was happening for real.
So the two basically got mixed a bit.

I’ll try my best to tell the “game”’s story because damn… it was so wholesome…

Also, bonus note: it was in first person pov but I'm gonna write this in third person.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it started with this girl who I’m gonna call “Rose” from now on, arriving at this hotel sort of place. It didn’t seem new but it did give off this cozy vibe. So she arrived there with her parents who basically just vanished from the dream after this one scene and they went to check in and find their room. The whole hotel had this pastel cyan theme and the room was no exception of this. It was as basic of a room as it gets; it only had what an ordinary bedroom had - two beds, a TV, a wardrobe, that sorta stuff. (footnote: the wardrobe was white, not that it matters, but hey, colors - and the sheet on the bed was a darker color, maybe brown)
wait, no, wait- that was actually part of the other part?? i was the one with my parents there; whenever we go anywhere for more than two days we usually go explore the place after we arrive akxkdkdk
BUT the place here, the interiors, were all the same as in the story part.
Khm
So
Let's try this one last time.

From what I can remember, the story
In Medias Res'd at when Rose was caught by this woman I'll call Grizel for now. According to her, Rose is the last part of this collection of 'ingredients'/things this organization she's in needs to achieve something. From the organization, there was her, a guy sorta the same age as Rose, and perhaps like 3 more ppl who i think gave off strong guard/fancy-ish bad guy vibes

wip
Last edited by Breado on Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me