VOK Katonda Pride Written Works (DNP)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

VOK Katonda Pride Written Works (DNP)

Postby -Isabella- » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:08 pm

Here I will store all written works for my Valley of Kings pride/characters. Please do not post!
Main Pride Post

~Store Prompts~

Level Ups/Prompts:
Current Level: 51
Current Lion Count: Founder + 72 // Founder + 102

Level Status: Founder, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 , 7, 8 9, 10-12, 13-14, 14-15, 16-17,18-26, 27-28, 29-34, 34-51

Newer Level up History: (older history can be found here)

Completed on level 52:
415 overflow exp

(Currently working on Rhea, Circe, Achilles, Nakia, Nazia, and Raja prompts for level ups)

The Royal Family Stories/Interactions:

(Currently these are listed in the order I wrote them, not in canon/their time chronological order)

The Birth of Heirs - Features King Chikondi, Airi, Princess Nthanda, Crown Prince Nadir, and Princess Khalida

The Cursed Cub - Features Khalida

Heirs & Spares - Features Nthanda, Khalida, and Nadir

Princess of Shadows- Features Khalida and her family

Nthanda and Airi Interaction Part 1 and Part 2 (Mentions Nthanda's marriage)

To Be a Queen / Cursed Gift - Features Air, King Chikondi, and Rani (Airi's sister), and Nthanda, Nadir, and Khalida

Queen's Keeper- Features Nthanda and Ravi

E5- Lost Cub - Features Nthanda, Nadir, and King Chikondi

The Legend of the Tribe - Features Airi, Nthanda, Khalida, and Nadir

Nthanda and Khalida Interaction- Features Nthanda and Khalida (Mentions Ravi and Champion King Dylan)

Politics (E5)- Features King Chikondi and Crown Prince Nadir

Dark Queen Rising - Features Khalida and King Chikondi (Mentions Crown Prince Nadir and EchoIre's Sangria)

A New Game - Features Khalida

Wards of the Crown - Features Khalida (Mentions EchoIre's Sangria)

The Fall of a King - Features King Chikondi and Khalida

Nadir's Betrayels- Features Nadir and Nthanda

Wives of the King - Features King Chikondi (Mentions Sangria (Echoire) and Hera (Firedancer77))

Dark Horizons - Features Nthanda and Nadir

New Beginnings - Features Khalida and Nthanda

New Heirs - Features Nadir and Nsia

Cast of Characters:

-The Leader -

King Chikondi - The harsh and unforgiving ruler of Katonda Pride who started out as a warrior king and slowly began to decline into madness. His reign has been a hard one for all of the pride, breeding mistrust, hate, and discord. The one thing that keeps his subjects united is probably their fear of him.

-Would Be Queens-

Hella - Hella was King Chikondi's first wife from before he even became king. She was a fierce, powerful lioness, a worthy match for any king. But during the fighting and chaos that reigned during Chikondi's takeover she disappeared and was presumed to be dead, killed by his enemies. Some say he truly loved her, and that her death pushed him further in the madness that had marked his father before him.

Airi - The king's first spouse after his takeover, a foreign lioness whose beauty and sweet temper won over some of the pride's nobility but didn't save her from the king's wrath and jealousy or allow her to be queen. Mother of Nadir, Nthanda, and Khalida. Secretly possessed elemental powers. They say something about her eased Chikondi's anger over losing his first wife, Hella.

Cassia - A lioness whom the king supposedly fell for as his relationship with Airi began to decline. He had no desire to make her queen or even consort so instead took in their son Noctus to raise but never reconnected with Cassia herself. The lioness does not appear to care that she will never be a queen, perhaps having never had such an ambition to begin with. It is unknown where she resides now.

Hera (Belonging to firedancer77) - A queen without a kingdom, Chikondi had true interest in this lioness, but when he found out she was a disgraced queen he knew that he could not name her his queen so offered her a place in his kingdom with no promises of her being anything more than a consort at best. She refused and they parted ways, but some time later he found out they had two daughters and ended up taking in Circe, raising her as a princess.

Sangria (Belonging to Echoire) - The lioness that the king marries later in his reign and makes his first and only official queen. She is with the pride just long enough to bear three cubs but leaves the pride and her cubs when the king is overthrown.

409 words^

-The Heirs -

Crown Prince Nadir - The king's eldest son and presumed heir, he has troubles in his marriage and love life that become public and he is often tired of the pressures involved with being a prince and future king.

Princess/Queen Nthanda - The king's favored daughter, married to a foreign king so that their pride might benefit from the alliance born of the marriage. She has learned the art of keeping secrets and being guarded well after living as a princess in her father's kingdom.

Princess Khalida - The king's 'disgraced' daughter, born with wings in a pride where no such phenomenon had been seen before, her father used her unusual appearance as a way to cast disfavor upon her mother and keep her from being treated as a true princess. But he will regret casting her aside and underestimating her.

(Prince) Noctus - Noctus joined the cub as a 'foundling' but from the beginning his true parentage was suspected due to his resemblance to the king's family, and when some were bold enough to state their observations the king did not deny it. So Noctus lives in an awkward state of in-between, not truly treated like a prince, but given the title out of formality. His father has made it clear he has no claim to the throne, but will he accept that? Or does he have bigger plans?

Princess Circe - The daughter of King Chikondi and Hera, she was taken in by her father when she was young. Perhaps because he favored her mother despite her disgrace, the king was not especially kind to Circe but did make sure she had the privileges any princess should. But when she defies his wishes and has cubs with a lion he has not met, let alone approved of as a potential husband, she finds herself removed from any hope of ever getting close to the throne.

(Princess) Eris (Belonging to Firedancer77) - The other daughter of the king and Hera, Chikondi never made much effort to go see her, but Circe has often tried to reconnect with her sister. She will never have a claim to Chikondi's throne but would be formally recognized as a princess of the pride nonetheless.

Prince Aniket - No one really expected King Chikondi to finally have a queen, but he did and Aniket and his siblings were the first and only cubs they had. For a long time everyone had recognized the king's eldest and only legitimate son Nadir as the heir to the throne, but some wondered if young Aniket or his siblings might have more claim to it as their mother was queen while Nadir's mother was barely a consort?

Princess Sarai - The only daughter of King Chikondi and Queen Sangria, being a princess is isn't likely she would achieve the throne before either of her brothers, but might her mother's position bring her more favor in the eyes of King Chikondi who has previously favored his daughters Nthanda and Circe above the rest?

Prince Gül (Belongs to Echoire) - The only other son of Chikondi and Sangria, some speculated as to whether he might become an heir to the throne above his older more established brother Nadir, but he left the pride young to find his mother so was assumed to be removed from the line of succession.

Aurea - Chikondi brought Aurea to the pride as a cub, saying he had made a promise to a relative to watch after her cub should anything happen to her. Aurea is somehow related to Chikondi, a niece, or cousin...It was never made clear and no one questioned him. She is a lady and really has no claim to the throne, but if the true heirs were to give it up or all die/disappear before the time came she might have some claim to it as Chikondi's only known relative outside of his offspring.

656^

-The Heirs' Families -

Princess Nsia - Nadir's bride, married to him out of political necessity, he never wanted the marriage to occur but went through with it out of duty and obligation. Later on her betrayed her when he fell in love with another lioness and the matter was much spoken of in the pride. Hurt and angry Nsia closed herself off from her husband and extracted a promise from him that ensured that she and her cubs would live a good life even if he was never able to (or unwilling to try to) love her.

Ravi - Despite not being an actual relative, Nthanda's personal guard has been her close friend and confidant since she was young. She has always protected him in any way she could and brought him with her when she married. He is also close to some of her cubs and has raised his own adopted daughter with some help from Nthanda.

Champion Princess Celestia - Nthanda's eldest daughter, she has only met her grandfather here and there and is preoccupied with making a life for herself, not all that interested in being royalty or the politics involved.

Champion Prince Dumisani (Dumi) - One of Nthanda's older sons, Dumisani is perhaps the one who shows his care for his mother the most, always trying to protect her and make her happy. He is also somewhat close to Ravi and though his grandfather attempted to get to know him better he got the sense something was off with the older male and his own mother didn't encourage the relationship.

Champion Prince Alexander - Another of the elder cubs, Nthanda was heartbroken to find that her son was born blind and deaf but never loved him less or treated him poorly in comparison to his siblings. If anything she was perhaps fiercely protective of him.

Champion Prince Tendai - The last of her oldest litter, Nthanda expects that Tendai, if not Dumisani, may be the next king after their father and has done her best to be a good influence in his life so if that does come to pass he will be the best king he can be. But she is careful not to pressure him, knowing all too well what damage that can do.

Champion Prince Rowan - From her second litter, Rowan was always an adventurer, much like his older sister Celestia, and at times can push the rules a little, but he has a good heart. He enjoys trying to perfect his fighting skills.

Champion Prince Silvanus - Rowan's littermate, Silvanus is perhaps the one of the cubs that tends to remind Nthanda most of their father. Perhaps because of his carrying more of his father's coloring?

Champion Princess Athena - One of Nthanda's youngest daughters, Athena is a scholarly lioness who is always looking for knowledge and enjoys hearing Nthanda's stories of magic and other lands despite not believing most of it. She has no desire to be a rule one day, and no desire to marry either really. She just wants to learn all she can.

Champion Princess Davina - Nthanda's other younger daughter, she named Davina for Divine, the older princess who helped her in adjusting to the new pride when she first married and was good to her in the years that followed as well.

Selene - Though Selene is not her daughter, with Ravi having a job to do his adopted daughter Selene needed some extra care and Nthanda was happy to have her around and did all she could to assure the young lioness had a good education. The two have a very good relationship and Selene regards her like she would her own mother really.

Fitzroy (Owned by MySpoons) - The half brother of Nthanda's cubs, Celestia never wants to see him and hates what he reminds her of while her younger sister Athena is curious of her half brother. They've not met him so far but his existence is impossible to forget and his half siblings seem to have varying thoughts and opinions about him.
As for Nthanda, she wouldn't treat him unkindly as he is not deserving of her anger or coldness.

700 words^
Last edited by -Isabella- on Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:30 am, edited 70 times in total.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Princess Subira Confronts the King - 662 Words

Postby -Isabella- » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:09 pm

Chikondi lounged comfortably over a fur covered rock in his cave, admiring the tribute he had just received from a neighboring pride. Though fairly useless the colorful feathers and stones would make lovely decorations for his mane, or perhaps one of the lionesses might appreciate a token or two.
A hesitant sort of grunt broke his train of thought and the king looked toward the cave entrance, his irritation apparent in his expression.
“What is it?” He asked sharply, staring at the guard who had interrupted his thoughts.
“Princess Subira is de-, well that is she is requesting your attention, my King.”
“Tell her she can wait,” Chikondi said, in no mood to deal with the outspoken princess. She had barely been in his pride three moons and already the lioness might have driven him crazy with her demands and questions. Were it not for the fact he wanted the alliance with her father, and that she was decent looking, he might have sent her away already.
“She is waiting just below me on-“ The guards words were cut off as a new voice rose over his.
“Stand aside.” The guard had barely moved before Princess Subira swept into the cave, breathtakingly beautiful as always except for the slight frown she wore and the sharpness of her emerald gaze.
“And what can I do for you?” Chikondi asked, his tail twitching with irritation and his tone dangerously low in a way Subira knew well. But still he made an effort to seem unruffled by her appearance.
“I’ve been told you’ve refused to allow me to come with you when you visit my father tomorrow,” Subira said, lifting her chin as if daring him to deny the rumor, as he sometimes did to try to appease her.
“It is too long a journey to be bringing you along. I will not have you holding me back,” Chikondi said, forcing his tone to be even. In truth he just didn’t want to have to put up with her presence, knowing very well that she could keep up just fine.
“I refuse to be left behind,” she replied stubbornly. “Already you refused to let me journey with you to meet one of your allies and you wouldn’t bring me to the trading grounds.”
“You would be no use there, Princess.” As he called her by her title the King’s tone was more than a little condescending.
“I am no useless princess and you know it,” she retorted. “If you will not allow me to go with you I will go by myself.”
At that Chikondi growled, leaping off of his perch and stalking over to the lioness, looking down at her through narrowed eyes. “You will do what I tell you, Princess. The way you talk one might think you weren’t truly loyal to your king.”
For a moment Subira just met his gaze, her own eyes narrowed. Chikondi had no idea what went through her mind but after a moment her expression seemed to soften slightly, the frown lessening until it was gone, leaving her expression perfectly serene.
“Well, we can’t have anyone thinking that. Any more than we can have the pride, or my father, thinking you do not value your princess or her company. I will see you tomorrow.” She turned then and left, brushing past the guard who seemed unsure what to do.
Chikondi watched her go then noticing the guard was still there dismissed him curtly before leaping back onto his perch. He had no doubt Princess Subira would not be letting him leave without her easily tomorrow, and to prove to her father things were well perhaps it would be better to just bring her. But he wanted no one thinking he was giving in to her demands. That simply would not do. So for now he just settled once more, the colorful tribute items forgotten as he tried to decide how best to handle the strong willed princess.

Word Count - 662
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Subira X Ketura Interaction - 631 words

Postby -Isabella- » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:08 am

With practiced ease Ketura threaded some flower stems together to form a crown which she then laid on Princess Subira's head.
The princess was going out today on a diplomatic trip with the king. As always she looked lovely and dignified, her green eyes glittering with anticipation and standing out against the gold and white colors of her fur.

As always Ketura didn't mind helping the princess prepare, enjoying the kind lioness's company. And Subira found Ketura's presence comforting and calming as always.

"You'll be the prettiest thing they've ever seen," Ketura commented as she beckoned one of the serving birds over to help her with the floral crown.

"I don't care much about that, but I hope the king gives me a chance to actually talk to them," Subira said. "I've heard of their customs and I can't help being curious."

"Well I imagine they'd be happy to talk to you if he allows it."

"I hope so. I fear I am going to seem very anti-social or awkward if he keeps trying to lock me away here like a prisoner."

Ketura nodded slightly, quiet at first. She knew such words were dangerous ones. The king didn't take kindly to criticism or any sign of lack of loyalty. And while she understood and even supported the princess's point of view she didn't want to see any harm come to her.

"I'm sorry," Subira said, turning her head to look at Ketura and unbalancing the crown a little. "I shouldn't say such things when you can hear. I'd hate for him to accuse you of encouraging me or conspiring or any such nonsense."

"It isn't myself I worry about," Ketura said honestly.

"Well you needn't worry about me. Really. I always manage fine."

"Up till now. But..he is not patient." She lowered her voice somewhat, not really even trusting the serving birds or the supposed quiet and seclusion here in the Princess's den.

"I know he isn't. But he needs me or the alliance falls through. I can get away with more than some."

"Just, please, take my advice and don't push it too far."

Subira smiled a little. "Thank you. And I will be careful. Truly. I don't know what I'd do without you some days."

"I am always happy to serve, your highness," Ketura replied humbly.

"I know, and I do appreciate all your hard work. But your friendship is what I value most."

At the princess's words Ketura felt a spark of warmth. She loved the princess almost like she might her own sister, and it was always good to hear that the princess valued her beyond her position as Attendant since she couldn't always stop doubt from creeping in.

"I will stand by you no matter what," Ketura told her, the words full of conviction.

"I know you would. But there may be a time I cannot ask it of you," Subira said, talking half to herself as she glanced out one of the holes that served as a sort of window in the den.

Her thoughtful, almost grave expression set Ketura on edge a little and she said almost hesitantly, "Princess?"

"What?" Subira looked back at Ketura then shook her head. "Of course, sorry. Silly me. Daydreaming when there is so much to do." She smiled, though it didn't quite reach her eyes. "Come, let's see what else I should wear."

Ketura dipped her head slightly, wondering what the sudden mood shift had been about but not feeling it was the right time to ask. Instead she just continued helping the princess in selecting what to wear. But her words stuck in Ketura's mind as she wondered what the princess might be thinking of that she didn't feel she could ask even her friend to support.

(631 words)
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The King's Request - Ketura/Chikondi - 453 words

Postby -Isabella- » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:24 am

Ketura waited quietly outside the king's den, nervous as to why he might have summoned her but refusing to let it show.
after what felt like an eternity the guard came outside and motioned that she could go in.

Once she entered the den Ketura saw the king immediately, sitting on his perch watching her with that icy stare of his. She didn't dare let her gaze wander, not wanting to seem nervous or like she had something to hide.

"Come in." His voice was pleasant as always but Ketura knew that his pleasant demeanor could change in an instant and didn't dare let herself feel comfortable as she approached his perch.

"Your majesty." She dipped her head low, making sure to seem humble as he would expect.

"I expect you are wondering why I called you here," he said.

"I am always pleased to help the king any way I can," she said, her heart racing as she hoped she said the right thing.

"Good. Because I have something to ask of you. I fear I haven't been able to visit the Princesses or Ladies like I should be. SO, I would like it if you would...keep an eye on them and report back to me as to how they are doing what they are doing, that kind of thing.'

"You mean spy, your highness?" The words slipped out before she could stop them.

"Spy?" The king growled, his eyes narrowing. "Hardly. They are under my care and it is only natural I should want to be aware of what they are like. After all, one of them may one day be your Queen."

"Of course ,your majesty." She dipped her head, relieved for a moment that his reaction to her fumble hadn't been worse.

"So, I expect you to report to me one every quarter moon. Oh, and Ketura? Don't tell them. Or anyone else for that matter. It will be our secret."

"Of course, your highness," she said, trying to ignore the panic she felt growing in her. When she heard the king dismiss her she couldn't have been more relieved and forced herself to walk calmly but not to slowly to the den entrance.

Once she was outside again away from the King's den, Ketura took a deep breath. She didn't know how she would manage this. There was no way she'd betray the lions she cared for, but the king would also expect her to be telling him something he wanted to hear.
She had to figure it out and fast, and whatever she did Ketura knew she couldn't let herself slip or she might inadvertently endanger someone else. And the king's anger was not to be taken lightly.

(453 words)
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Subira X Airi Interaction (After Cub's Birth) - 448 words

Postby -Isabella- » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:26 pm

Subira marched down the path to her cave, her pelt hot and eyes blazing.

Yet again the king had denied her a simple request to go on a small trip. His need to keep her here, no better than a prisoner, grated on her and made her more than a little angry.

As she swept back into the caves she nearly ran into Airi who was instructing some birds in how to place some feathers in her fur.

"No, not that way, to the right," she was saying before she caught sight of Subira. "Well, hello, Princess."

"Airi," Subira said, trying to be polite but her tone short despite her efforts.

"Had another argument with the king did we?" The light furred lioness asked in a calm tone.

"When am I ever not arguing with him?" She asked, shaking her head.

"Far be it from me to tell you what to do, but a little sweetness might get you your way quicker than temper."

"I wasn't showing temper! I was very calm and polite as I could manage. But sweetness is too much to ask."

"Very well, it was just a thought," she replied, shooing the birds away now.

"It seems to work well enough for you," Subira said. "He lets you go places."

"I am hardly sweet, not to him or anyone else. But I simply…don't show I care. He has nothing to gain by denying me or refusing me, so why bother refusing?"

"That...” Subira shook her head. "Either I'm tired or that doesn't make sense."

Airi chucked dryly. "Could be a combination of both, Princess. Maybe I'm not even right, it's just my perception of how this works. But then, I'm also no princess."

"Most times I wish I weren't one either," Subira said.

"Well, I suppose we can't always have our way, can we? But oh well, that's life."

"You're awfully accepting, just taking these things as how things are and not fighting them even a little," Subira said, more curious than judgmental.

"Not everyone can afford to fight, Princess. Not everyone has a title that means something or a family to be there if anything happens to them. And sometimes a show of compliance isn't truly acceptance. You should remember that."

For a moment Subira just stared at the other lioness, probably no older than her, or not older by much. And yet she almost seemed to carry a weight with her that Subira had only ever seen in lions twice their age.

"Well, this was a lovely chat, but I must be going," Airi said. Without another word the white lioness turned and walked outside, leaving Subira with more questions than answers.
Last edited by -Isabella- on Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Birth of Heirs - 1001 Words - (Airi & Cubs)

Postby -Isabella- » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:01 am

Airi heaved a soft sigh of relief as the healer set the small black cub down by her belly, having ascertained that despite her difficult birth there was nothing wrong with her. Nothing, that is, except the odd lumps near her shoulders.
At first glance it seemed as ifthe little lioness had a second shoulder, or perhaps a growth on her existing shoulder.
Airi feared what the pride, or the king, would say about it. But for now the den was dark and quiet, giving her a few moments peace to study all three of her newborn cubs without worrying what fate might have in store for them.

In the dark their colors were hard to tell for sure, but she guessed the eldest cub, the only male, was some shade of gray and white like his father. And the second born, his sister, seemed to share that coloring. Then there was the third cub, the one with the lumps. She was dark, even for being newborn and laying in the shadows. Airi guessed she'd be a dark gray if not black.
But their looks didn't really matter to her, just that they be good lions, all three of them. With better hearts than their father. A fault she hadn't fully realized in him until too late.
Even now she cursed her foolishness in thinking he might change for her, or that she might soften him.
He'd gotten what he wanted from her, an heir. And now she doubted he'd even feign caring for her ever again.
As she brushed her nose across each cub, taking in their scents she felt grief welling up in her. Odd though it was, because she had little to grieve in truth. It had all been a lie and she had no less now than before, she just saw what she had for what it truly was.

The pale lioness was still mulling over this when a small group of lions came in, announcing the arrival of the king and pushing back the leafy curtain to let light into the den. Airi blinked in surprise and the cubs cried softly, curled up tighter against her.
Then Chikondi walked in, with all his usual coolness and confidence.

"Greeting, Airi," he said calmly. "I have come to see my cubs."

Airi almost flinched at the possessive way he spoke of them but knew it was best for all their sakes to just go along with it so said, "Of course, your highness. Come in."

Before she had even finished speaking the king had walked over to her, his shadow falling over the cubs as he stood over her and scrutinized them, starting with the male.

"He'll make a fine, sturdy prince," he said approvingly, a gleam in his eyes their mother found unsettling. "Nadir, will be his name."

Airi just nodded, biting back her protest at having not been given any say in the choosing of her own cub's name. It wasn't worth having him taken from her, something she no longer doubted the king might do if she displeased him.

Looking over the second eldest cub he said, "She has fine features. That is good. Perhaps we can form a new alliance, once she is older and trained properly as a princess. She will be called Nthanda"
As his gaze moved on to the next cub Airi held her breath, feeling her chest tighten. The moment the king's cold blue eyes fell on the cub something like disdain entered his gaze.

"What is this?" He growled. Without giving her a chance to answer he went on, "This cannot be. Such a...deformed cub." As he shook his head Airi didn't quite dark speak. And when his gaze came to rest on her face the look their froze her, nearly making her tremble.

"This is because of you," he growled, his voice ominously low. "You have brought this curse into the world. And for that one day you will pay."

"My king," she ventured, trying to remain calm. "Surely no daughter of yours could be a cu-"
"Enough," he interrupted with a harsh growl. "She is no daughter of mine. It is clear this..creature is the result of your unfaithfulness and thus will she be treated. Never will she be a true princess here and she will always understand her place, beneath her siblings. Beneath all good and whole lions."

Airi was so angered by his belittling of her daughter she spoke before she thought, "My king you cannot..!"
"Do not tell me what I can and cannot do," he roared. "I am the king and you, you are nothing! Nothing more than a simple lioness who cannot accept the penalty for her actions. May the ancestors judge you for this indiscretion. Because of your condition I will pardon your ill-chosen words. Today. But make no mistake, if you ever come against me again I will make you and that creature you call daughter pay for it ten times over."

By the time he was through Airi was so tense even the cubs noticed and had begun to whimper. But Chikondi didn't seem to care as he turned and left the den to announce the birth of the cubs to the pride.

Airi just looked down at the cubs, their colors now clear in the light coming into the den. "Oh little ones," she said softly. "What have I done?"

And as the king announced the birth of the healthy heirs, and the unfortunate deformed cub, the penalty for unfaithfulness, Airi cried for the cubs she had brought into the world and the fates that awaited them. But through her cries she also vowed to be their protector, and whatever the cost try to make the way easier for them all, even if she had to die trying.
Last edited by -Isabella- on Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Cursed Cub - 809 Words (Khalida-Adolescent)

Postby -Isabella- » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:02 am

Khalida growled in frustration as her paws skimmed over the jungle floor. Yet again the pride's young lions had taken to mocking her, and with such a group she had no chance of putting up a fight. Mud caked against her fur where they had thrown clumps of it at her.
A cut above her eye bled where a stone had hit her, hurled by a young lion who especially loved to taunt her.
She hated that she had run, and yet her sense of self-preservation demanded she live to fight another day. With her mother still confined to her den and her siblings gone, her sister learning how to be a 'proper princess' and her brother out with the Guard, she was all alone.

She was barely aware of where her paws took her, only stopping when she tripped over a rock and fell to the ground, breathing heavily. The stream was just a few pawsteps away and after she had laid there a moment, trying to catch her breath, she got to her paws slowly and approached the water's edge.
As Khalida looked down at the stream she was greeted by the same sight as always, one she could barely stand. From neck to above upper shoulder and mid back to tail she was a normal adolescent lioness. Dark furred, not especially pretty she thought and with blood hued eyes that her mother liked to call 'rosy'. But it was what lay beside her shoulders that she hated.
Two long, limp forms were attached there, tied back against the side of her body with a belt, by order of the king.
The growth had long been something she was mocked for. Every morning in the dark and every night an Attendant, by command of the king, came and tied back the growths so that no one, not even she, would ever see them.

As she thought of the indignities she had suffered over them Khalida growled, hitting with water with a paw. As the fury began to nearly choke her she tore at the belt with her teeth, not caring if they grazed her skin.
The thick sash fell to the ground, letting the growths fall down to hang awkwardly against her side, their tips dragging against the ground a little.
Both growths were approximately the same size, twisted lumps of flesh and fur that hung like a twisted cocoon off of her body.

"Ugly and worthless," she growled at her reflection. Her eyes were dark with hatred, but it was directed not at herself but the lions in her thoughts. Her father who kept her bound and refused to acknowledge her as his daughter. The young lions who made her life torture. The adults who eyed her with pity or suspicion, whispering behind their paws.

Her anger coming to new heights with those thoughts in mind she closed her eyes tightly and roared as loudly as she could manage, shaking herself and ignoring the sore feeling at her shoulders as she did.
As she opened her eyes again to gaze at her reflection something caught her gaze, making the anger fade from her eyes. One of the growths had fallen off of her side a little, seeming to take on a little more shape as it did. Somewhat awkwardly she reached back to push at it with her muzzle until it unfurled.
It was then that she realized it was beginning to take on a wing-like appearance. Just wanting to try she attempted moving it. Since they had been bound since she was a cub she'd never really tried to control them like she might a limb. But though it hurt she found she could manage and the growth moved a little with her efforts.
As Khalida sniffed at it she noticed that there were wings meeting the fur along the inner edge of the growth, and the more she began to explore she came to the realization that her 'deformity' was nothing of the kind.
They were wings, beautifully formed wings.

With this realization came excitement as she wondered whether she might be able to fly. Right now they were limp, almost like those of a newborn butterfly and perhaps due to lack of muscle development in those areas.
Khalida felt a new sense of purpose blossoming in her as she stared at her reflection, for the first time seeing something worth seeing.
She would come out here in secret and build up strength in her wings. And one day she would show them all what she was made of.
But for now, it was her secret.

The dark furred lioness awkwardly tied the sash back around her wings, securing the against her sides like before. Her weakness, the thing they all called her curse, punishment, and deformity...It was about to become her biggest strength.

I feel like since I have a clear picture of her wings at this stage but it's hard to explain an art piece would have showed better how much they've grown in at this point..XD
Last edited by -Isabella- on Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Heirs & Spares - 613 words (Incomplete)

Khalida lay outside the dens, her tail swishing over the ground.
Her father had come to visit her sister and brother so as always she was told to leave until he was gone, lest the sight of her angered him.
Right now she wasn't sure whether to feel sad or angry about it. She hadn't thought she was a bad cub, but perhaps she had been wrong, if her own father wanted nothing to do with her.

Before long heavy pawsteps sounded inside and she scrambled out of the way before the king appeared, never once looking in her direction as he headed back to his own den.
Khalida watched him go but was distracted as her siblings came outside and approached her. As she watched them coming she wondered not for the first time if her father liked them better only because they resembled him while she was a dark gray color, lacking the blue undertones they all shared and the white markings and blue eyes that popped out against their fur.
She didn't have long to dwell on it before her sister hugged her, unbothered as usual by the lumps by her shoulders.

Her brother, Nadira, was less physically affectionate but did smile a little at her.

"How was the visit?" She asked them.

"Well, it was okay," Nthanda said, glancing at her brother who shrugged indifferently.

"Oh. Fun?" Khalida wondered why they never seemed happy like she thought they should be to receive a visit from their father. But as usual she didn't question it.

"Not really," Nthanda said. "You really aren't missing much."

"I still wish they'd let me stay," she said, hating that she sounded a little petulant. But she really did wish she could stay, even once. Sometimes she convinced herself her father wanted her there, but the others were just too overly worried about it to let her stay. Deep down, she knew that wasn't true. No one said so, but she could tell from what they didn't say.

"Well, now we can play, if you want," Nthanda said cheerfully, as usual trying to make Khalida happy.

"Okay, sure," Khalida said, forcing a smile. Though she wasn't really in the mood she always hated disappointing her sister who always seemed to have good intentions.

"I bet I can still beat you," Nadir said lightly, growling playfully.

"Nope, never," Khalida said as she got to her paws and shook out her fur.

"Come on," Nthanda said, hopping down the path to flatter ground.

Before she could follow Nadir stopped Khalida a moment. "Hey, Kallie?"

"Yes?" She looked at him, wondering what he wanted that was important right now.

"You really aren't missing anything, trust me." There was something almost shadowed in his gaze as he spoke, and Khalida felt a kind of fear worming into her belly. Fear that all the worst things she had imagined were true, that everything she saw was what it seemed, and there was no good explanation. No excuse. That her father was just cruel, and not misunderstood. That he really didn't love her after all. The thoughts all went through her head in a minute, fast and painful.

"Thanks Nadir," she said, forcing another smile.

"You may be luckier than you realize," he said, serious a moment before his usual easy going smile returned. "Now come on, Nthanda is waiting and you know how impatient she gets."

"Yeah, we better get going." Khalida trotted down the path beside her brother, ready for the moment to leave her fears and doubts behind. But they lingered somewhere in the back of her mind and she knew she'd be visiting them again before long.

(More coming later on this post...)
Last edited by -Isabella- on Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Princess of Shadows - 1388 (Khalida's big reveal)

Khalida stared at her reflection in the stream, a proud glint in her eyes.
She was full grown now and a red sash lay on the ground by her paws, the same one that only moments before had bound her wings to her side.
Ever since she was young and she had discovered that her deformities were not lumps or growths, but wings, Khalida had kept them a closely guarded secret.
Since lions mostly ignored her except to taunt her it hadn't been hard.

While the king, had been suspicious at first of her frequent trips to the jungle in the end he had just been glad to have her out of sight. So she came here frequently to strengthen her wings until she got to this point with both her body and wings seeming full grown. And today, she would try to fly. Not a short flight like her usual practice flights but a long one higher in the sky.

Feeling anticipation building up inside her Khalida stood there a moment, then she began to slowly move her wings. And while it wasn't surprising she still felt a thrill rush through her as she felt herself lifting off the ground.
At first she was hesitant and flew low to the ground in a shaky pattern. But as her confidence and strength grew it was like all the things that had ever held her back, the shadows surroundings her life and birth, faded away and it felt like nothing would ever hold her back again.
No father would put her down and no lion would jeer as she walked by. She was strong and beautiful in a terrible kind of way. Now they would all know that truth about her in a way they couldn't deny. The cursed cub would take her rightful place and no one would deny her anything again.
Now she changed course in the sky to fly back to the pride, leaving her red sash forgotten on the ground behind her.

~

As she flew back to the pride Khalida had to contain herself and landed just beyond the trees and brush that hid the pride's resting place from view. Folding her wings neatly against her side she strode along the main path, her head held high.

The king was on his perch and narrowed his eyes dangerously when he saw her coming. Her sister and brother were out by the dens and their eyes were trained on her as she approached.

"Stop," the king growled as she walked by, heading toward her siblings.

Khalida paused, turning her gaze to him slowly. "Yes?" She said, her tone cool.

"What are you doing here, and where is your sash?"

"Why should I not be here?" She knew it was a daring thing to say but with the confidence from before still welling in her she didn't care.

"Your presence here is an offense," he growled.

"I am visiting my sister and brother and should have the right to do so." As she spoke she saw her mother slipping outside of her den, her worried gaze falling on her daughter.

"You may share the same lowly mother but as my heirs they are still above you."

Khalida's gaze hardened and she longed to expose him, to tell the pride of his lies and avenge herself and her mother. But she knew she'd likely not get to speak long before being silenced in one way or another so said, "If they can bear to condescend to speak with me I see no issue."

"Remember your place," he warned her, his gaze raking over her in a calculating manner. "Now.. I ask again. Where is your sash?"

"It's gone. And I do not intend to ever wear it again."

"It is for your own good and the protection of the pride," he said, his tone deceivingly calm.

"Protection?" She snorted. "Why would you need protection? I am no more cursed than any of you! Nor am I deformed." As she spoke she slowly unfurled her wings, head lifted high and eyes glinting as she heard the gasps of those around her.

The king's eyes narrowed and his gaze hardened as the sun caught on her wings, the muscles rippling as she lifted them and flapped them once. For a moment it was as if time stopped, each lion caught up in their own thoughts.

Airi could only stare at her daughter, her gaze somehow scared and proud all at once. Somewhere in the back of her mind she knew she was ready to step in any moment if necessary to protect her daughter. But right now all she could do was stare, and wonder how no one seemed to be able to see the beauty in the young lioness that she did.

Not far from her Nthanda was staring wide eyed at her sister. Though she had known of her secret, somehow seeing the wings, seeing that they were real and beautiful was entirely different from hearing about them and she felt secretly proud of her sister for standing up to the king like this. At the same time she worried what he might do next and looked over at her brother, wondering how he felt.
But he seemed no less transfixed than Nthanda as he stared at his sister, standing there with a confidence he had never really seen in her before. Part of him admired her for it, and part of him couldn't help thinking it was a foolish move and that she might pay for it before the day was out.

But Khalida wasn't worried about any of that. She felt true confidence before the king for the first time in her life, and like she was in control of her own destiny. Without waiting for dismissal or a response she walked by them all and into the dens, this time turning down the path to the Ladys' quarters rather than the Attendants' quarters.
When she heard the king's voice outside she paused just a moment.

Someone has asked him what was to be done and his only response, short and low was, "Nothing. You will do, nothing."

And though she knew it was probably a temporary victory that she would pay for later, Khalida didn't care.
She was still reveling in that when she heard pawsteps behind her and her mother's scent washed over her.

"Khalida," the white lioness said softly as she came up beside her.

"Yes mother?" Khalida looked over at her, an uncharacteristic trace of warmth in her gaze.

"Your father won't let this go, are you sure this is what you want to do?"

Khalida winced a little at her use of the word 'father', but she knew her mother didn't say it to hurt her so let it go. "I cannot live under his paw all my life. All I want is to live with you and Nthanda like a family. And maybe not to be the subject of everyone's gossip for once."

"You know how he doesn't take well to being undermined, or his pride being hurt."

"He'll live. He'll just have to find someone else to make miserable. It won't be me any more."

"He may try to get back at you for this. And no one would stop him."

"Let him try!" Her eyes flashed in the darkness. "I am stronger than he ever imagined and I will not back down any longer!"

"If you defy him he will kill you!" There was something almost pleading in her mother's tone.

"Let him try!"

"If he kills you it will kill me," her mother said softly, her gaze sorrowful as it rested on Khalida's face.

For a moment Khalida felt something like pity, or maybe guilt. She hadn't fully thought of how it would hurt her mother or siblings, if something did happen to her. In a softer tone she said, "I'll be careful mother. Maybe I'll even try to...make it up somehow. I just want to be with all of you."

"Promise me you'll try to stay safe?"

"I promise," Khalida said, and for her mother's sake she did mean it. But inwardly she made herself a promise, that one day she would have a proper revenge. For now though, she would lay low and plan.
Last edited by -Isabella- on Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Older level up history

Postby -Isabella- » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:03 am

Prompts:
Completed on level 1:
B1: Founder Personality // 100 xp
B2: 3 Positive/negative Traits // 50 xp
B3: What made my founder want to start his own pride? // 100 xp
A2: Where the pride rests/calls home // 150 exp
A4: Pride Allegiances // 150 exp

Completed on level 2:
Carried over from previous prompts>>>> 50 exp
A6 - Pride Faith/Lore // 100 exp
D1 - Write 150 words of personality for a new pride member // 100 exp
D2 - Scene/Story involving pride members // 300 exp

Completed on level 3:
D2 - 400 Word Scene or Story // 300 exp

Completed on level 4:
Carried over from previous prompts>>>> 150 exp

Completed on level 5:
A1 - Create Pride Map // 100 exp
A5 - Where Did the Pride Name Come From? // 50 exp
A3 -What Does Your Pride Value Above All Else? // 150 exp
A7 - What sort of hunting style does your pride employ to survive in their territory’s environment? // 150 exp

Completed on level 6:
A10 - What is your pride’s greatest strength, and greatest weakness? // 100 exp
A11 - How does your pride band together in the face of danger? // 150 exp
A12 - Your pride discovers something new and foreign, how do they respond? // 150 exp
A13 - How does your pride regard the dead/their ancestors? Do they watch over them, are they angry spirits, or gone forever? // 100 exp

Completed on level 7:
A14 - What does your pride expect of their cubs? Do they expect them to grow up quickly? Become warriors? // 100 exp
A15 - What sort of prey populates your pride’s territory? What sort of predators/threats? // 100 exp
A16 - What sort of climate does your pride’s territory have? Do they have well defined seasons? Dry seasons? Rainy seasons?? // 100 exp
A17 - What is your pride’s greatest taboo?// 150 exp
A18 - What is your pride’s “coming of age” tradition? // 150 exp
500 + 100

Completed on level 8:
Carried over from previous prompts>>>> 100 exp
150 exp ticket! // 150 exp
Ticket for 50 exp!! // 50 exp

Completed on level 9:
Ticket for 100 exp!! // 100 exp
B6 - Explain your founder's dreams and end goals //100 exp
B7 - Short Story About How Founder Found Territory (Improvised) // 300 exp

Completed on level 10:
B9 - Founders Biggest Fear - 100 exp
B10 - Was your founder a born leader, or did they grow into it? Were they forced into it? - 100 exp
B11 - How does your founder handle disrespect? - 100 exp
B13 - What was your founder’s greatest battle? (Can be literal, internal, illness,etc) - 100 exp
B15 - How does your founder feel now about their previous pride (if they had one), or the lions they grew up around? - 100 exp

Completed on level 11:
Ticket for 50 exp!! // 50 exp
B16 - How does your founder feel about their pride members? Are they friends, family, subjects? - 100 exp
B17- Does your founder know how to take criticism/listen to their pride, or do they hate being told they’re wrong? - 100 exp
B18 - Does your founder know how to put their foot down and assert control, or do they back down under their pride’s wishes at inopportune moments? - 100 exp
B19 - What is your founder’s greatest skill? Fighting? Negotiation? Observation? What has helped them maintain their territory? - 100 exp

Completed on level 12:
D8 - Write a description of two pride member’s relationship (can be your lions, or relationship with another user’s lion) (150 word minimum) // 100 exp (Khalida with Chikondi)
D8 - Write a description of two pride member’s relationship (can be your lions, or relationship with another user’s lion) (150 word minimum) // 100 exp (Khalida with Airi)
B12 - Draw or write about your founder’s relationship with their (NPC) Parent(s) (one or both) - 200 exp
B14 - What is your founder’s greatest regret? -100 exp

Completed on level 13:
B21 - What makes your founder happy, or proud? 153/150 word minimum - 100 exp
B22- Are they more optimistic, pessimistic, neutral, or realist? Why have they come to see the world this way? - 100 exp
B23- Is your founder impulsive? Do they make quick decisions or wait for the response of the pride? - 100 exp
B24- How does your founder respond to criticism? As a leader or just personally? 178/150 word minimum - 100 exp

B25 - Which of their senses is most valuable to them? Their sight? Hearing? Smell? 106/100 word minimum - 75 exp

Completed on level 14:
Carried over from previous prompts>>>> 25 exp
B26 - Has your founder ever found love? How did it turn out for them? 158/150 word minimum - 100 exp

Completed on level 15:
Carried over from previous prompts>>>> 225 exp

Completed on level 16:

Completed on level 17:
Carried over from previous prompts>>>> 100 exp
100 exp ticket from Winter Event Raffle

Completed on level 18:
C1, C2, C3, C4

Completed on level 19:
C5,C6,C7,C8

Completed on level 20:
C9,C10,C11,C12
50 exp ticket from Winter Event Raffle

Completed on level 21:
C13,,C14,C15,C16

Completed on level 22:
C17,C18,C19,C20
P2 - negative and positive trais - Nadir - 50 exp

Completed on level 23:
P1 - Charna - 100 exp
P2 - Charna - 50 exp

P1 - Shirin - 100 exp
P2 - Shirin - 50 exp

P2 - Ravi- 50 exp
P1 - Dhalia - 100 exp
P2 - Dahlia - 50 exp

Completed on level 24:
P3 - Ravi-s Backstory - 150 exp
C21, C22, C23, C24

Completed on level 25:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>carried over from previous prompts - 50 exp
C25, C26, C27 ,C28

Completed on level 26:

Completed on level 27:
C29 - 100 exp, C30 - 100 exp,
B27 & B28 - 200 exp
B29 - 75 exp
B30 - 75 exp
B31 - 100 exp
Last edited by -Isabella- on Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me