── ✦ π‚π‡π„π‘π‘π˜ π–πˆππ„

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

── ✦ π‚π‡π„π‘π‘π˜ π–πˆππ„

Postby ethium » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:46 pm

─────────────────────────────────────
𝐓𝐇𝐄 π–π€π˜ 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐒 πŒπ„ 𝐈'𝐌 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒 πŒπˆππ„
πŽππ„π 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 πŽπ‘ π‚π‹πŽπ’π„πƒ π…πˆπ’π“ π–πŽπ”π‹πƒ 𝐁𝐄 π…πˆππ„
── ✦ hey all! this is mostly just for random things, there
isn't really a full theme I just enjoy writing things as they
come. please feel free to ask me whatever something m
ay mean! i'm always down to explaining things. thank you
𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππ‹πŽπŽπƒ πˆπ’ 𝐑𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐀𝐒 π‚π‡π„π‘π‘π˜ π–πˆππ„
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlyrics: cherry wine - hozier
Last edited by ethium on Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 10 times in total.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ethium » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:48 pm

π˜žπ˜π˜›π˜ 𝘌𝘈𝘊𝘏 π˜“π˜–π˜π˜Œ 𝘐 π˜Šπ˜œπ˜› π˜“π˜–π˜–π˜šπ˜Œ, 𝘐 𝘞𝘈𝘚 π˜•π˜Œπ˜π˜Œπ˜™ π˜›π˜π˜Œ π˜šπ˜ˆπ˜”π˜Œ
π˜žπ˜ˆπ˜›π˜Šπ˜π˜π˜•π˜Ž π˜šπ˜›π˜π˜“π˜“-π˜“π˜π˜π˜π˜•π˜Ž π˜™π˜–π˜–π˜›π˜š π˜‰π˜Œ π˜Šπ˜–π˜•π˜šπ˜œπ˜”π˜Œπ˜‹ π˜‰π˜  π˜›π˜π˜Œ π˜π˜“π˜ˆπ˜”π˜Œ
        𝘐 𝘞𝘈𝘚 π˜π˜π˜Ÿπ˜Œπ˜‹ π˜–π˜• π˜ π˜–π˜œπ˜™ π˜π˜ˆπ˜•π˜‹ π˜–π˜ π˜Žπ˜–π˜“π˜‹
        π˜“π˜ˆπ˜ π˜π˜•' π˜žπ˜ˆπ˜šπ˜›π˜Œ π˜›π˜– π˜”π˜  π˜“π˜–π˜π˜π˜•' π˜“π˜–π˜•π˜Ž π˜ˆπ˜Žπ˜–
Last edited by ethium on Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:52 am, edited 9 times in total.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ethium » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:26 pm

it was the first waning gibbus of the goddess maifet.
      and her heart was set on the moon,
      for the gifts of a goddess during waning were frequently quite grand,
      a gorgeous ball was thrown, with the theme being the soft moon,
      all who entered were full of awe and wonder
      all, except the loon.

the creature was much too ugly, lovesick and filled with craze.
      it desired to be invited, for at least one of the days.
      however the goddess declined, every request, every letter, every moon.
      and so to please the goddess, the creature sought out a boon.

long ago had the loon made a deal, with a scrap of a witch from the east.
      the witch had come to him for his once auspicious mind,
      in exchange for a favor at least.

the hag was quite the spectacle, with stories of her wit.
      a scraggly old thing, garnered by age and calloused paws.
      she had many a fateful story about her untimely prices
      when she strung a man by his toes, as he requested a multitude of devices.

however the witch was wise, and dipped her head to the loon.
      who requested one simple thing,
      that he be made into the moon.

"the price?" she cooed, all curiosity but warning.
      "i'll take it." replied the creature, despite her heavy mourning.
      the deal was done, the two shook hands.
      and lights took about the room.
      the creature was enveloped in heavenly light,
      as he transformed into the moon.

a gift for the goddess, a moon for her collection.
      the one who had always desired,
      was given a chance to be sought after.

the goddess accept the gift of the moon, with eyes as round as pies.
      she wept and praised the glorious gift,
      and cried even to the magpies.

though the sender had never been found,
      the goddess treasured the ancient moon.
      for this story of ancient old,
      is about the goddess and her loon.
Last edited by ethium on Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ethium » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:58 pm

troublesome quarrels that end with fickle resolutions,
      they drive my quaint mind up the nearest wall.

such quarrels bring about unnecessary distrust in friendship
      not to mention loyalty and trust are fairly bothersome to mend.
      sometimes trust cannot be mended at all, and as such must be severed in order to avoid an exclusionary friendship.

a regretful thing, severing those ties but alas it's the product of growth.
      sometimes that regret may attempt to herd you back to that severed tie, it is up to you to deny it's cacophony of temptation.
      there is always a reason for going to such an extreme length as to remove a person from your life entirely,
      do not fall for it's tricky schemes at dragging you back into the mess of that broken relationship.
      it's not worth it, never has been worth it.
      and it never will be worth it.

once you've learned to move on, creating new bonds is fairly easy depending on your social capabilities.
      for the anti-social it may prove a challenge, but nonetheless if I can succeed at making a few decent buds then you can too.
      be certain to avoid those who prowl for your attention, and those who leech off of your happiness.
      lest you desire to be thrown back into the vipers nest of regrets and severed ties.

be wise with your social choices, for they will often define the human in the end.
Last edited by ethium on Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ethium » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:50 am

the dew of early morning rain has set in, lathering the sweet grasses and poppy stems in moisture that's delicate to the touch.

every flutter of a breeze threatens to topple the swaying creature, though it bobs back up just at the last minute. perhaps it's goal is to taunt the wind, exclaiming that the wind is a foolish thing, meant only for destruction and spreading the seeds of a sycamore to the sky. regardless of the graceful thing's intentions, it continues on through the blissful woods, the forest and it's shadows concealing it from any predators that may lurk. Slowly, having long decided that it's chosen spot was safe it dips it's head to the forest floor. Nipping at the grass stems below it's cloven feet, it's large ears appearing to swish frivolously. It glances around, with it's head dipped to the forest floor, for any danger lurking about. When it's satisfied, it pulls up another few chunks of grass in it's velvet mouth before lifting it's head. Tail flicking like a white flag in surrender. The creature then prods on, bushing aside the soft, dew coated vegetation to make room for it's lean form.

it disappears without so much as a word, and as silently as it came. it is gone.
Last edited by ethium on Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ethium » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:01 am

she charges down the hillside, the night sky glittering with stars.

Laughter springs from her lips as she runs those calloused palms through the tall grass. She practically glides down the hill, her smile shining like the stars above her, hair buffeted by the soft breeze and now slightly tangled as she brushes it gingerly from her freckled complexion. She beams once more as the stars come to life around her, floating from the plants she disturbed like bumbling bee's looking for a flower to land upon. They twinkle, and talk to one another. She holds her breath as they come to life all around her, it's as if she's been crowned in fireflies as they spark about her head. Landing upon her brow, her shoulder, her nose. She suppresses a surprised giggle as it tickles her with it's limbs. Her nose lights up as the creature does and she cannot contain her laughter then. Surprised at the outburst the lights scatter away, back towards the safety of the undisturbed reeds. Her smile is genuine as she watches them go silently, a moment of peace with the fireflies fluttering away. As the last of their light twinkles out and disappears entirely, the girl shifts and trudges back up the slope.

Having found peace deep in the countryside, with the fireflies to guide her way home.
Last edited by ethium on Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ethium » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:06 pm

you probably don't remember, but I would never blame you.

i was the quiet one, your back always faced me, since you were seated in the front.
      your hair, always curly, often I compared your hair color to wet sand. it wasn't the prettiest color, but i enjoyed it.
      your eyes were like the ocean, they churned like it too. they always caught me in their swirling tides.
      i liked the way you squinted slightly when you laughed, and how when you were nervous you tended to fiddle with your earlobe.

you weren't the best dancer but you were far better than me,
      I'll always remember the day you pulled me from the sidelines and swung me around in front of everyone.
      I could have sworn a few girls might have gotten jealous despite my frequent offense of stepping on your shoes.
      your freckles were what many were drawn to,
      they dotted your nose and cheeks lightly. like the first snowflakes to hit the ground
      however I saw far more appeal in your hands, they held stories in those creases and showed dedication in the callouses.
      my hands were far smaller, and I always noted the delight you had when you could fold the tops of your fingers over mine without difficulty.
      i lived for the evening calls and the nights when we were together, blissfully unaware of the damage we could do to one another.

rocky, like thundering waves cracking the shore.
      that is all i can think of when i think of our arguments.
      as a sensitive person there is only so much I could take of our bickering, and often I would give in.
      I don't know if you took advantage of me, nor do I really care.
      nothing happened.
      and now nothing will happen.
      thanks to you.

your creased smile and laughing eyes have found another girl to bless.
      and I was left to pick up the pieces of my shattered heart.

a broken heart.
      a regretful soul.
      a sorrowful mind.

it's time for me to let you go
      there will be better people out there.

but for now. i'm sorry.
      but I thank you for letting me go, so that I didn't have to.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ethium » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:48 am

the brunette fidgeted with the strings across his wrists. useless and oblivious to the world he twiddled the lines between his thumbs and tangled them further. he grinned with satisfaction as the glowing lines he had twiddled grew dark, like a snuffed candle. he knew in the morning there would be outrage, and sorrow, maybe even a bit of joy. for those who were a bit crueler. however he didn't care much, for he would feed off of those raw emotions, he would clean them of every drop of sorrow like a vulture to a carcass. nothing would be left to waste.

that was all he did really, he purged mortals of their decaying desires and sorrow. a soul vulture, if you will. however there was far more menace to the man who claimed he kept mortals happy, far more deceit lay in the wake of such careless actions. mortal lives weren't taken frequently, without consequence the resulting cacophony would be numerous. but those words had never brought reason to pause before, so it wouldn't matter now. the brunette hummed, an almost demonic sounding song, ancient and as old as time itself. often it was the song that the mortals would hear fill their ears and head before he took their souls as his own. forever they would scream for it to stop- he would never grant them that wish.

a chuckle came from his lips as his hum came to an abrupt ending, another line went dark upon his wrist and fell into the abyss around him. the more souls he claimed, the more freedom he gained, and that was enough for the soul vulture. he continued to hum and pick at the strings.

so that the vulture may once again fly free.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ethium » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:34 pm

it began as any other day began. until it became something that was far from a normal day to day experience.

now felicity had never been the type to fiddle with strands of thought, or really think at all. she was more of a do type of person. the type of person you would avoid for fear you might mention something offhand and she'd go off doing it thinking you were too cowardly to do it instead. she often told things to peoples faces, and was quite brash while doing so. felicity was talented in the fact that she could finish work twice as fast, and complete twice the load without batting an eye. she wasn't a complainer, but that didn't mean she wasn't a fighter. should she be given an unfair load, or feel she was being taken advantage of she wasn't hesitant to let it be known. often times she'd march straight up to the administrative offices and demand she see her superiors. no one dared stop her, not even her superiors really.

this particular morning it was rather foggy, and the eighth floor of kit kitchens's supervising agency was feeling rather draft. even felicity was out in a funk, her expression fogged and a vast contrast to her typical goggling grin. her bummed mood caught the attention of multiple in the office, but as usual none truly had the guts to speak about it. nor did anyone speak at all, as the air conditioner whizzed nosily through the office. the occasional clicking or pen tapping could be heard from at least eight cubicles away. It was almost infuriating the silence, and the pensive tension was palpable as the office goers continued their work in stiff silence. finally, felicity threw her hands up and gave a noise akin to a donkey bray. heads snapped in her direction and many grew stiff as they anticipated her next crazed reaction to whatever had summoned that demon noise.

"Carmen!" she snapped, her sharp olive gaze flashing hot over the cubicles to her left, searching for her raven haired, hazel eyed assistant. Finally carmen's shy head popped up from a cubicle further down, clutched within her now trembling hands was felicity's coffee and bagel. The usual when it came to the fiery lass. It took only a sharp exhale through felicity's nose for carmen to be fumbling down the isle, pure, unaltered panic and fear pasted upon her brow. felicity had never been a violent woman, but her mood changes always brought suspense to the office scene. She was as unpredictable as a hurricane, and the only one who could typically tame that storm was Irene Umbers. Secretary to felicity's superiors and felicity's stepmother. However secretary umbers had neglected coming in this morning, and a substitute had been placed in the front office, clearly she had given enough notice to have a sub step in so it wasn't an unplanned absence. Nonetheless the lack of a figure who could control the fiery girl had many shuffling as far away as possible.

finally the poor assistant, the subject of every office-goer's gaze on the eigth floor got to felicity. A cautious, practiced expression cracked across her lips. "Yes?" she breathed, the attempt to keep the horrified stutter from her voice eminent in her tone. Felicity merely cocked a brow, her lips pursed slightly as she examined her assistant before pointing gently to the stack of papers on her desk. "Those need to go to Tailor. See that they're delivered before eight because if they're late it effects me." she gave a soft shrug of her shoulders before striding away, fiery red heels clinking softly on the slick marble out of sight. A collective gasp shuddered through the office. It was as if all the tension had been a bubble, and that bubble had been popped the moment felicity had left the stuffy room. The office went back to work, though it was evident with the lack of felicity the mood began to relax more. When felicity left the room, she was typically gone on lunch. Which could take anywhere from thirty minutes to three hours. Today however, many assumed she'd be out most of the evening. As such they began to settle in, to finish their own work so that they could head off on lunch themselves.
Last edited by ethium on Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ethium » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:10 am

rain has weaseled it's way between the boards of the roof. It guzzles through the cracks, eager to enter and spread it's existence. The roof groans with the effort of keeping the water above it's home's inhabitants. It won't be long before the boards splinter, and the roof along with it. The inhabitants set pails and buckets about, in hopes of catching the water before the rain turns the fresh carpet sodden. Little do they realize the predicament it is slowly producing and a wet carpet is the least of their concerns. Heavy rains come every year, and every year it takes a toll on their weather beaten roof. It has been loyal and sturdy, keeping them protected from decades of heavy winds, rains and anything else mother nature may choose to throw at them. Now however, the roof is thinning with age, and a lack of refurbishment has finally gotten to the decaying boards. It will topple eventually, and send the flood it's keeping out inside.

the rain hasn't let up, it's been four days. the weight upon the roof grows thicker. the roof's integrity grows thinner. The weight hasn't been removed.

the roof topples.

assist someone in carrying the burden on their shoulders. however, you shouldn't take the entire load, as you have your own load to deal with as well. they must deal with their issues themselves, but a large weight burdening one person is surely going to topple them. assisting with that load, in subtle ways, or maybe even a smile. is enough to lighten it just so they can keep going one more day. a small thing from one, can often lighten the load of many.

be the one who lightens someone else's load, don't be the one who burdens it.
Last edited by ethium on Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me