utau’s writing corner πŸƒ

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

post-wonderland report

Postby dawnchu » Wed May 29, 2019 12:43 pm

Prompt #10: Write about your feelings a fourth time

A VERY LONG and detailed report of what happened today:
I woke up a few minutes earlier than usual. I remember being very hungry and excited, but a bit less when I saw the gloomy and misty weather. I ate breakfast with my parents (two white zhongzi with sugar) and then went upstairs to brush my teeth, get changed, do my hair and wash my face. I had debated a bit on wearing my "Peter Pan" shirt because I thought it looked weird on me, but in the end, my mom made me wear it with my waterproof pink jacket from China.
I went outside with my blue Toronto Water bag on my back. It was sprinkling a bit, cold and windy. My dad drove the car out of the garage and my mom and I got inside. I remember thinking that my back was cold from standing outside, and I was already beginning to regret my choice of not wearing more layers as my mom told me to. At around 7:45 AM, we made it to the intersection and we dropped my mom off at the bus stop. She stood there for a while and told my dad to roll down the window, and when he did she said that it was very cold and windy. After that my dad drove me to my school a bit early (around 7:59 AM when the deadline was 8:15 AM?) and I walked into the music room. B and D were already there, so I chatted a bit with them until RC and RR arrived. The whole group was there except for J, and she arrived later at around 8:25 AM. We asked J where her mom was seeing as she was a chaperone for our group, and we couldn't find her until everyone started to load onto the school bus.
I put my French horn in the storage space on the farther side of the bus and hurried back to where my group was in line waiting to get onto the school bus. I sat with J, RC sat with Ms. D, RR sat by himself and B sat with D. RC and RR were talking most of the time and B and D were playing games on her phone. J and I sang a few BEilis songs together and talked. I drew a stick figure on the window and J said it looked like Ava Max because of the hairstyle. Later she said that the drawing disturbed her so I "erased" it and she drew a turtle instead. Michael and Victor (who sat on the seat opposite us) said that we were copying them, so then Victor added devil horns and a devil tail to his turtle drawing so ours wouldn't be the same. Throughout the bus ride, RC asked me and J to mix up her 5x5 Rubix cube multiple times. I was about to mix it up again when RC suddenly took it back. When I asked why she did that, she announced that we were at Wonderland! I cleared up the foggy window and I and J screamed with excitement, and possibly fear.
Our group assembled with all our instruments and belongings in hand. M, (J's mom) introduced herself and held the group's tickets. We entered through the group entrance (not the regular one) and the security guards scanned our tickets. We had to put our instruments on the table with the cases open so that they could inspect them. Right beside the entrance was a small white building where we were performing. Ms. D lead us into the room where a group of older students were receiving advice on their music performances. After a wait of about 8 minutes or so, we were called up. Our band got onto the stage and we played Land of the Silver Birch and Highlights of Harry Potter. The judicator fixed a couple of things at the end and he told us that the French horn was the "favourite of the band" and that almost always, it plays movie trailers and theme songs. He also told us that the bass clarinet was the most "important instrument in the band" because it's the only bassist we have. After that, we went back to the bus to have a snack and put our instruments back. Then we went to the real entrance. There we took a couple of group photos while we were waiting in line. Once we got past the security, we were free to roam the park in our groups!
We went on many rides. First, we went on Thunder Run. I was sitting with Justine and the ride wasn't very scary. Then we went to Clockworks. Again I sat with Justine and we screamed our heads off, but I was just getting started. RC and Maria wanted to go on the Bat, but after a bit of debating, we decided to go on Shockwave instead. I went on Shockwave with RC and Maria because everyone else was too scared. It was actually really boring and a lot more plain than what it looked like. After that, we wanted to go on the Fly, but it was closed for the day so instead, we went to the bumper cars and Planet Snoopy. We took a couple of pictures at the entrance sign and then we rode the Ghoster Coaster and Silverstreak. J was a bit nervous about Silverstreak, and I told her that it was like a mini Vortex and Flight Deck. She ended up enjoying the ride and we left the Kidzville.
We went to eat lunch after that. J and I bought 2 six inch subs at Subway; I got a steak & cheese on white Italian bread with pickles, tomatoes, green peppers and light mayo and J got a plain ham sandwich. RC, B, RR, D, Max and Maria all got Pizza pizza. We met up in a booth in some random small burger restaurant. J got the wall seat and I was squished in between her and D. On the other side, B got the wall seat and Maria was in between him and RC. Max and RR got chairs to sit beside the table while M stood up and supervised us. It was very cozy. We talked about some random things and joked around about things like J liking B (she doesn't) and Maria randomly came out to us about being bi-sexual. After our nice lunch together, the real fun was going to start.
We hit some of the bigger rides in the area. First, me, RC, D and Maria went on Psyclone and BOY was it exciting. We went so high and so fast, it was a huge thrill! That one turned out to be my favourite ride in the park. Here's a video for context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhHhdG2RfXM
Then we went on the Canadian Minebuster. J was extremely nervous but she went on it anyways! I was so proud of her. B, RR and Max all bailed last minute. I thought the Canadian Minebuster was really bumpy and it hurt my head afterwards. I didn't like it that much, but D and RC were completely in love with the ride. We grouped together and decided to travel over to the Vortex. Once again J was terrified and I sat with her, but with her "training" on the Minebuster and Silverstreak, she handled the Vortex like a total pro. Unsurprisingly, she loved the Vortex after facing her fears. I didn't like it as much as when I went on the Vortex the first time (in grade 4), I found it even bumpier than the Minebuster and it was extremely painful and uncomfortable. After the Vortex, J, Maria, RC and I went on Soaring Timbers (which J was terrified to go on, but then she said that it was just like doing gymnastics). A bunch of others and I wanted to go on Flight Deck, but it started to rain harder so we took refuge by doing Thunder Run and bumper cars again.
The rain started to clear up so we found and went on the "swirly whirly ride" as J calls it (Swing of the Century). It was a pretty fun ride. We finally found Time Warp so RC , Maria and I decided to go on it together. It hurt my head like hell with all the banging turns. When it did the turns, my feet almost slipped off the ladder thing so I felt like I was weightless and going to fall off the ride. Since there was no lineup, we went on it a second time. At the exit, we turned towards Flight Deck, but it was the wrong way because our group was waiting for us at the entrance to Time Warp. RC decided to call her mom using Maria's phone to get M's number since we were lost, but eventually, we found them and M got RC's number so if we got lost again, she would know who to call.
After that, we went back to Kidzville and Snoopyland. We went on Boo Blasters, which was actually pretty scary at some parts. I got a score of 800 points. Then we went on Ghoster Coaster and Silverstreak again. By now, we only had about 30 minutes left so we had to hurry. RC really wanted to go on Flight Deck but B decided to go on Thunder Run again, which cost us a few boring minutes. Since Thunder Run was literally on the opposite side of where Flight Deck was, we had to really rush if we wanted to go on Flight Deck. Once we got there the group had decided that it was too late, but RC and I practically begged to go on it. M told us that RC and I could go on Flight Deck really quickly and the others could buy some food while we were on the ride. RC and I sprinted to Flight Deck and we went on it. It was pretty bumpy, but not as much as the Vortex. The drop was very big but not steep and I didn't get any butterflies in my stomach. We met up at the Height Measurement kiosk. M said that we had a bit more time so J and I went to Starbucks. I bought a chocolate cake pop and a mango dragonfruit refresher. J only bought the latter. We took some pictures and then left.
When we exited the park and got to the school bus, we were informed that we weren't allowed to bring drinks on the bus, so we practically chugged it all and got in. There weren't enough spots so Justine had to sit at the back of the bus separated from us. We played Double-o-seven and I talked with Michael, Bryce, D, B, RC, and RR most of the time. Once we got back to the school. I put my stuff in the music room and said goodbye to my friends. I got into the car with my dad and ate my cake pop on the way to Seasons. My dad bought a couple of things there and then we headed home. I took off my extremely wet socks. It was even stained in some parts, which was pretty gross. I immediately walked to the recliner and rested my head for a bit.

Today was awesome.
Last edited by dawnchu on Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
✼ i'd do anything for you, but would you do that for me too? ✼

i own a couple threads, and some are linked down there. click the stars!
feel free to send me a trade or pm! i hope i can make your day a bit better.
✼✼✼✼
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

miracle beings

Postby dawnchu » Fri May 31, 2019 7:39 am

Prompt #11: Write about a character who needs a miracle, and they meet one too! Who knew miracles were actually beings and not just something that happens? Your character makes a bad first impression when their miracle shows up to help them out.

As a lower-class aspiring author, I have learned two things. One: I am very bad at focusing and two: don't give up. I am very close to not doing the latter. I have been in cooped up inside my small apartment for a long time; I just have to make it big with my writing. If I don't, my life is going to go to waste. I spend all my time thinking about new storylines and plots for books, but I haven't connected with anything yet. I'm going to be kicked out of my apartment soon because the rent prices are going up, and I won't be able to afford it. I rest my head on my desk overflowing with papers and close my eyes. I need a miracle, I think. I stay like that for a while because of my pounding headache. I open my eyes, and there is a massive purple cat staring back at me.
"Oh my god!" I scream. "What are you? Who are you? Why are you here?" I bombard the spirit-like cat with questions.
"Nice to meet you too." The purple creature stands up - it talks and acts like a human! - and holds its hand out for me to shake. "I'm Devo," it says casually.
"Hi... Devo." I reach out to shake its large paw but my hand passes right through it. I almost pass out from shock.
"Hahaha!" Devo barks out. "Always gets them. The look on your face! That's a real knee-slapper!" it exclaims, holding onto my desk for support while it rumbles with laughter.
We talk for a while and surprisingly, get along well. Devo tells me more about himself (yes, even spirits can be boys) and it turns out that he's my miracle. Only some people get miracle beings, and I'm one of the lucky ones. I tell Devo about my situation and he tries to "help me out" like this:
"So my idea is that the main character finds this really ugly creature-"
"They find you?" He interrupts, laughing and doubling over on my bed. He pretends to wipe a tear of laughter from his eye.
"No! Just let me tell you okay?" I say, frustrated but trying to hold in my laughter.
"Okay." Devo disappears with a *poof* and reappears upside down, hanging from his tail on one of my floating shelves.
I stare in astonishment for a moment and then shake my head. "And then finds out that it can do magic."
"The person could ask the government to take its magic away," he offers.
"I-" I sigh. "It doesn't work like that."
"Who knows?" Devo asks mischievously. "I'm here, aren't I?"
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™

✼✼✼✼
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rain

Postby dawnchu » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:03 pm

Prompt #12: Write about your feelings a fifth time

He loves me
he loves me not.
He is as beautiful as a picked flower
in a vibrant blue pot.

He is the rain
singing soft lullabies
He is ascertain
And when I’m with him,
time flies.

I’ve spoken my thoughts
And comfort he has brought.
He loves me
He loves me not

He loves me.
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™

✼✼✼✼
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

dear people of the future: sorry

Postby dawnchu » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:10 am

Prompt #13: Write a poem that is a response to something. Source: https://www.digitalpoet.net/11-really-g ... lam-poetry

(To be read out loud)

Dear people of the future,
I think I can speak for all of us when I say: Sorry.
Sorry for cutting down all the trees. Wait, you probably don't even know what trees are. Well, let me tell you: they are the most magnificent things. They come in all different shapes, sizes and colours. You can do all sorts of things with them. They produce the oxygen we breathe. And why did we cut down these precious beings, you ask? For one thing: money. We were so ignorant, cutting down over 15 billion trees every year. There were too many people who thought only for their future and not for the worlds'. But there is light at the end of every tunnel, and our light was the sun, the wind, the water... The solution was right in our faces. 20 percent of us smoked, and for what? Recreation. We didn't even think of the millions of people who need to wear smoke masks all the time to breathe properly. And I'm sorry that we didn't change, that we didn't realize earlier that once air runs out, we cannot live off money. I'm sorry that we called this destruction of trees as progress. We labelled it as progress in new technology, rather than progress in killing our world faster. We hope that you can forgive us. We hope that you will be there to forgive us. We're sorry.
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™

✼✼✼✼
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

water

Postby dawnchu » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:19 am

Prompt #14: Write a poem about being underwater
Source: https://www.creative-writing-now.com/poem-starters.html

One who does not know:
My body's falling under
noise in my head like thunder
It's hard to breathe
It's stinging me

One who does know:
The touch of the silky water
I'm as swift as an otter
A haven just for me
Nobody knows how truly beautiful it can be

One who is afraid:
I see them all having fun
but all I want to do is run
It is a monster
I will lie to them and myself
"These bags won't protect themselves"
I'm alone.
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™

✼✼✼✼
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

my talking Apollo

Postby dawnchu » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:25 am

Prompt #15: Every day when you get home, you rant to your pet about how awful your day was. One day they start talking back - to give you a dose of tough love. Source: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/page/5

My dog is my confidant. I can talk to his huge fluffy face about anything I want, and he'll just absorb the information and comfort me. Or so I thought until he started talking. Yes, you heard me right: talking. I had just come home from another crappy day at work, ready to release all the feelings that I had bottled up during the day to Apollo. Here's what went down:
"Okay, so I sort of think Jacob likes me but he's been sending mixed signals, I hope he likes me because I like him, but maybe I'm just overthinking it. Aren't I, Apollo?" I said, petting his back. I sighed.
"Yeah. You're definitely overthinking it. Now could you please get your hand off me? I've been cleaning it for a while." he said, in a strangely deep voice. I was about to nod and agree with him when I realized holy HECK MY DOG IS SPEAKING. I shot up like a rocket in surprise.
"You're... Y-You're talking! Apollo! You're not supposed to understand what I say. Oh god..." I said, thinking about everything I've told him. I flushed beet red with embarrassment.
He chuckled- chuckled! "Yeah, I realized. Remember when you accidentally sent your boss THAT email last year? I got a kick out of that."
"How do you even understand me?" I asked, bewildered.
"I dunno." He said, totally CASUALLY. "I just started to understand you bit by bit, and then I started talking to you in response in my head. Couldn't actually say the words though, until now."
"Okay. This is fine. I have a talking dog now." I paced around the room, feeling like I was going to explode out of confusion.
"Yeah... It's going to be awesome."
Last edited by dawnchu on Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™

✼✼✼✼
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

a wonderful dreamland of a life

Postby dawnchu » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:37 am

Prompt #16: Write about your feelings a sixth time

Everything is going right
I'm able to enjoy what I do
No more fights
I'm getting closer to my goal
More than I could've ever dreamed of
Speaking of dreams,
the rain is beautiful tonight.
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™

✼✼✼✼
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

xoxo

Postby dawnchu » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:04 am

Prompt #16: You wake up today with the superpower of your choosing. Source: https://getfreewrite.com/blogs/writing- ... -use-today

I can feel myself waking up. I don't want to wake up. Ugh. I strain my eyelids open and I am immediately blasted by the bright sunlight filtering into my room. I groan and throw my blanket over my head and roll over, so I am cocooned. I hear an unfamiliar voice yell out.
"Hey! You there." The voice says. It is the voice of a male, higher-pitched than average but not so much that it's annoying. In fact, it's sort of... cute?
"Hf-wello." I say, muffled by my blanket. I know for sure that whoever this boy is, he's non-threatening. In fact, I'm almost tempted to toy with him.
The owner of the voice tugs off my blanket, and I shriek. I'm immediately blasted cold air. "Rise and shine!" he says gleefully. "Today's your lucky day!"
My jaw practically drops. He is the cutest person I've ever met, hands-down. He has the most adorable face, all innocent and happy. He radiates Tom Holland energy, who, in fact, has been my celebrity crush for a couple of years. I feel embarrassed for falling in love with a stranger so quickly, who probably isn't even interested in me because I'm a guy.
The boy gives me a weird look, but quickly shakes it off. "Hi! I'm Blake." He introduces himself.
"I'm Julian," I say.
Blake nods and continues on. "I come from a company that'll remain unnamed for now. We have granted you a power of your choosing. Just one, though. So you have to choose wisely."
I almost bark out in laughter at the absolute ridiculousness of what he's saying. But then I look at his dead serious face, and he doesn't seem to be lying about it. "You're serious?" I ask.
"One hundred percent. You should probably think about it for a while, I've made some dumb mistakes before and now here I am... a 'magic power' marketer." He laughs and rubs his neck in embarrassment.
I giggle extremely stupidly. Wow, this guy is totally perfect. I mean, what? Just think of a power, I think and scold myself. "Well, I guess being able to teleport wouldn't hurt." I decide.
"Are you sure about that?" Blake asks, seeming to be genuinely concerned. "You can't take it back after."
"One hundred percent." I say, mocking him lightheartedly. Blake notices and flushes as red as a tomato.
"Yeah, yeah. Your power will set in effect in a couple of hours, maybe around noon," he informs me.
"Alright."
"Yeah." An awkward silence passes between us, and we look at each other.
"So... I have to go now. Nice meeting you." Blake says. He makes the tiniest step back, with his eyes still locked with mine.
"Hey! Um, would it be okay if I had your number? You seem like, a really nice guy, a good person to be friends with." I blurt out. "Unless you're like, too cool with your secret organization stuff to associate with people like me. The regulars," I half joke.
"Well... sure thing." Blake puts his hands in front of him and a pen and paper magically appear. He bends over and writes down his contact information in a hurry on my bedside table. When he's done, he leaves the paper there and he makes the pen disappear. I gape at him in awe, and he smiles at me. "I'll talk to you sometime, hopefully. I really have to leave now, I can't be here overtime." Blake himself starts to disappear, waving at me. I wave at him back, and then he's gone. I look at my bedside table and read the paper. In his scribbly writing, I see his phone number and a tiny "xoxo" at the bottom, so small it's almost invisible. I hug the god-send of a paper and fall onto my bed, smiling like a fool. This summer is going to be absolutely crazy.
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™

✼✼✼✼
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

xoxo

Postby dawnchu » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:10 am

To pass the hours before my teleportation power sets in, I surf the Internet, study, and drool over Blake. I'm like a lovesick puppy, and I can't wait until "sometime." All too slowly, 12pm rolls around. As I'm watching an ASMR video on YouTube (don't ask), feel a tingling sensation in my brain. At first I enjoy it, thinking that it's the tingles that I'm supposed to get when I watch ASMR. But after a couple of minutes, it starts to get overpowering. My brain starts to hurt and throb, and then I start to scream because of the pain. Right when I feel like I can't handle it anymore and I want to smash my head on my table, it stops abruptly. I feel like I'm submerged in water; everything is fuzzy and I can hear a slight ringing in my ears. Soon, it hits me: Maybe I can teleport now! I feel giddy, like a child opening their Christmas presents. I stand up from my chair and walk to the middle of my room. I'll try to appear on my bed, I think. I stare at my bed and will for me to disappear and re-appear on my bed. Nothing happens. I feel disappointed, but I try to go at it again. This time I close my eyes and imagine the spot on my bed, with me on it. I concentrate hard for a while, open my eyes and find myself around the spot where I wanted to go. I gasp.
"I did it!" I yell out. "This is so so so so freaky. I have to tell Bla-" a knock from the door cuts me off. I walk to the entrance of my house and open the door. Sure enough, it's Blake. He's wearing a collared blue plaid shirt with dark gray sweatpants. The sleeves of his shirt are rolled up to his elbows, and his brown hair seems to have just been combed. Immediately I feel happy and improper.
"Hi!" I greet him, motioning for him to come inside. "I was just going to call you."
"Oh, yeah?" He smiles, sitting down on the couch. "What's the grand news?"
"I can teleport now! Not that accurately, but it's a start. Here, I'll try to sit next to you." I close the door and think of where I want to sit. I appear with a pop right beside him. I accidentally push him over and he falls on his side on the couch. I stand up and hold his hand, helping him up.
"Are you alright?" I ask, shaking a lock of black hair out of my face.
"Yep, I'm good." Blake chuckles. "That was pretty cool. A bit off with the aim, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon! I don't suggest that you do it actively in public though.
β€œWell, that’s a given.” We laugh together. We talk for a bit, a bit turns into some minutes, and some minutes turns into a couple of hours. We have fun, laugh, and get to know each other. Turns out Blake is 20 years old, likes to play soccer, and has two sisters. He lives about 3 minutes away from me, so we decide that if we’re ever bored, we can call each other up and go to the park or something like that. The day turns into night, and too soon Blake has to leave.
β€œI should probably go now. It was really, really fun talking to you today.” He sighs.
I nod in agreement. β€œWe should hang out often, if that’s cool with you,” I suggest.
β€œThat’d be really awesome.” Blake smiles at me wholeheartedly and starts to make his way to the door. He puts on his black sneakers and opens the door.
β€œSee you tomorrow?” he says, like a question.
β€œSure! I’ll call you.” I say excitedly.
β€œOkay, can’t wait! Bye.”
β€œBye.” I wave, and he leaves the house.
I walk upstairs and into my room. I find a piece of paper on my bed. I pick it up, and it reads: β€œcan’t wait. xoxo” in Blakes signature scribbly writing. Me neither, I think, falling in love with him all over again.
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™

✼✼✼✼
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

a party

Postby dawnchu » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:29 am

Prompt #17: Eye Contact: Write about two people seeing each other for the first time. Source: https://thinkwritten.com/365-creative-writing-prompts/

Don't vomit. Don't vomit. I think. Ugh, I hate going to college parties. Why did I come here in the first place? I rack my woozy brain, stumbling to where my best friend is talking to a bunch of strangers.
"I don't feel so good, Jessica," I say, tapping her shoulder. Jessica turns around and spills her drink on me by accident. She is a clumsy person in general, and the drinks aren't helping much.
"Ohhh, are you okay?" She says, her voice slurring. As she wobbles to my side and hugs me, I see a man on the other side of the room that Jessica had been blocking before. We look at each other and I feel something click in my brain. I feel like something's off and special about him, and that he feels it too. The man opens his mouth and tells something to the guy standing beside him. He starts to walk in my direction- to me? Maybe it's just my drunk brain jumping to conclusions.
"Yeah- I have to go, I'll be outside," I tell her, running to and out the front door. I sit on the lawn, my glass in hand. The mysterious man that I had seen before jogs over to me, a roll of wet paper towels in hand.
"Are you alright?" he asks, handing me some of the roll. I pat my shirt awkwardly with it and it seems to have no effect on the red stain.
"Yeah, I'm fineeeeeeeeeee." I say.
"Would you like me to get someone to drive you home?" he inquires, seeming genuinely concerned about my well-being.
"Yep." I see his brown eyes locked with mine, a blinding flash of a gritty picture of a handsome man, and a woman in a dress screaming and crying before I pass out.
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™

✼✼✼✼
Β©

βˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™xxxxβˆ™
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ