✦ S prouts

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Favorite FFXV character (out of the main 4)

Prompto
100%
Noctis
No votes
Gladiolus
No votes
Ignis
No votes

Total votes : 1

✦ S prouts

Postby Winstalgia » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:26 am

Welcome.

A lot the works here now are old, and I don't like them.
But I've decided to keep them up because why not.
These are random pieces, but many are derived from
my dreams, others just small scenes with my oc's.

T of C

G r e y
Q u e e r [pt one]
Last edited by Winstalgia on Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✦ Grey

Postby Winstalgia » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:08 am

The scene opens on a small, grey beach. The sand does not appear smooth and in fact very dull, filled with only shards of glass and trash. Yet people walk around barefoot, not even flinching when the glass pierces their feet.
Now, people have different definitions of many words. These words include but are not limited to love, hate, and even small.
In this case, this particular setting, the beach is the size of six large tents together. So yes, this is a small beach.
One large blue tent sits in the corner of it, with two picnic tables, scattered with food and random junk. A man sits in it cleaning a paddleboard, a woman sits beside him, eyes on a small toddler with a duck float around her waist. She picks up whatever shells can be managed to find amongst the glass.

A girl stand in the middle of the beach, examining her surroundings, camera in hand. It's a nice camera. She glances to her left at a large rock wall. A child climbs on it, trying to reach the top. He gets hurt though and while struggling to continue his Father yells at him to come down. He doesn't though. The girl's sister is up there as well-the child must've been following her. The girl with the camera watches her sister continue climbing up. It ends as a failure though. For some reason you're not allowed beyond the rock wall border. It surrounds the entire beach and shapes it like a square. Looking out to the water once more, the girl can't see any buildings. No bridges go out.
The water itself is grey and gloomy looking, it's waves gently splashing up against the shore. In the distance it fades into the white horizon. Not a single cloud floats by; and none will ever float by. That's just how it is down on the beach.

The girl with the camera spots something in front of her. It seemed to have appeared out of nowhere; it wasn't there before. It's a cow skull. It's large, at least three times the size of the average cow skull. She glances around and stoops over, camera on while she adjusts the settings. Finally, just as she's about to snap the picture, the camera falls. An inaudible word escapes her mouth as it hits the ground, shattering. Just like that. She picks it up and brings it to the man cleaning the paddleboard underneath the tent. He's been doing the same motions over and over, in the same spot on the board for a while now. His gaze is distant yet he is fully there. The girl passes him the camera and he immediately begins to fix it, piece by piece, just like a puzzle.

She returns to the cow skull. Something odd yet normal happens then: it sprouts four miniature hooves and stand up. Then, it runs into the water and swims away to the distant horizon. You'd think it'd be slow but it was quite fast, miraculously. The girl stands there for a moment but then curiosity sets in and she goes out on the paddleboard, looking for it. Surely it couldn't have gone far?

She then goes back to the man underneath the blue tent. The camera was now in a fine condition; fixed and new. It's a shame she missed what was, in her eyes, the perfect shot.
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ Queer | pt. 1.

Postby Winstalgia » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:18 am

"Hey, Kait," A boy around the age of 17 runs up to a girl wearing a tank top and shorts, a jacket tied around her waist. She looks at him, expecting him to say something.
"Marco and I are going fishing, wanna join? We're going down to the shore," he asked her.
"Sure thing, Jay," Kaitlyn says. Jay was her best friend, and Marco was his friend. She and Marco never really talked, he was quiet, but in the intimidating way. She agreed anyway though. It'd be nice to fish while they were down here. Her family, Marco's family, and Jay's family and even more people came down here to camp. The annual camping trip. Arranged by Kaitlyn's Mom.

The sun looked duller than usual as Kaitlyn arrived at the beach Jay said they'd be at. It was about 6 pm, and the sun was beginning to set. It looked pretty though, she had to admit. Marco and Jay stood at the shore, poles cast out. The beach was dirty though. Not with glass or plastic but large cargo bins and wooden crates were spread all over it. Still, it gave off a daunting yet peaceful look.

"Glad you could join us, Kaitlyn," Jay greeted her. Kaitlyn gave an awkward glance at Marco, who didn't say anything, but continued staring at the horizon.
"Me too," Kait mumbled.

After about half an hour Jay said he had to go get something; who knows what it was though. Kaitlyn and Marco stood next to each other, the silence was deafening though. She just wanted to talk, get to know him, but she was too shy to say anything first.

After standing around for a couple more minutes, the waters began to bubble and shift. It was odd, for sure. Kaitlyn swuinted her eyes and walked to the water more. With a sudden realization that a gigantic creature was swimming toward them though, she screamed and ran up to the cargo bins. It took Marco a second as well after she screamed but he too quickly scrambled after her, abandoning the fishing materials at shore. The creature resembled that of an angler fish, but bigger. Way bigger. It crashed into the rocks near them. Kaitlyn let out another scream.
"Let's go, get back to camp!" Marco shouted. He and Kaitlyn began sprinting down the shore, the large creature, despite the extremely shallow water, right on their tails. They ran and ran, and finally entered the forest, and the creature was long gone.

"What the... That...That thing,"
Kaitlyn gasped. Marco shot a glance at her but didn't respond. He did look shaken though, it definitely wasn't something that happened to people everyday. Or ever.

The camp was busy when they returned, everyone milling around the bonfire, roasting smores, and talking loudly. Kaitlyn and Marco went to Jay, who looked like he was on his way out to meet up with them again.
"Oh, hey guys," He grinned. "Um, are you guys done? Did you leave the poles and stuff on the beach?" He asked, a frown replacing his grin as he realized that they didn't have anything with them.
"Don't go back to the beach, Jay. Really. We saw this... This creature of some sort started chasing us!" Kaitlyn blurt out. Jay looked at Marco questioningly. He nodded. Jay shrugged though.
"Whatever, I'm going back to get my stuff," He said. "But help's needed on the docks! Mr. Greenwell is having trouble tying his boat to it. So, if you could while I go retrieve my belongings...?" Jay said and quickly withdrew from the campsite. Kaitlyn wouldn't change his mind about going down there though, he was extremely stubborn.

Down by the docks was a sailboat and Mr. Greenwell, an older man, was having difficulty tying it up. He had lost his glasses while out on it apparently, and he was blind without them. Drunk women and men were laughing and acting well, drunk, on the grass nearby. Kaitlyn rolled her eyes at them and continued walking to Mr. Greenwell, Marco following her closely behind.
"We'll come help you, Mr. Greenwell!" Kaitlyn yelled from across the water. The docks weren't that wide though and only one could one at a time. Marco volunteered to go first and Kaitlyn stepped back to give him space to go through. He walked down it. Right when Kaitlyn was about to step on though, Mr. Greenwell's voice rung out across the water.
"It's alright, Kaitlyn, Marco has it but thank you!" Kaitlyn shrugged.

Out of nowhere though the ropes tied to the sides of the docks began to move. At first Kaitlyn thought it was a snake of some sort, swimming on the side of it but then realized that that was very unlikely. She stepped onto the docks and bent down closer when the docks themselves began to shrink. They didn't get shorter, but they got thinner instead. Panic rose in her and she turned around to walk away when something wrapped around her foot and she almost fell into the water. The dock was the size of a beam now, in width and not wanting to fall into the ocean, tried to balance on what was left of it. She then spotted what was holding onto her ankle. A muffled scream escaped Kaitlyn as ropes tied themselves around her mouth and arms, holding her in place. But she wasn't going to die here. From her panic rose extreme determination and desperation to live so she fought back twice as hard. Out of the corner of her eye she spotted Marco and Mr. Greenwell fighting off ropes as well. They were flying. In the air! Well, the ropes were at least.

Kaitlyn managed to free herself and got up. The dock was oh so thin as she ran across, screaming and dodging the incoming ropes that were trying to strangle her. She made it the grass safely and fell down, her breathing ragged and heart racing. She stood up and frantically looked around for help. But what was weird-besides the killer ropes-was that all the adults have disappeared from the scene. She couldn't see anyone besides Marco, who was recovering himself on the docks, and Mr. Greenwell who was acting as if nothing happened as he went into his sailboat with a book.
Kaitlyn looked around once more and spotted a figure on the docks. Marco saw it as well. They both remained where they were though. The figure stepped forward. It was a man. He was tall and wore a brown suit, meant for colder weather by the looks of the fabric. He held a polished wooden cane in his right hand. He had grey hair but it was thin and falling out, Kaitlyn could spot bald patches around his head. His eyes were dark beneath his rectangular glasses, but above his goatee he held a small grin.

"Didn't mean to startle you," He said smoothing out his clothing. He took out a pocket watch and sighed. "Well, we better hurry up now, shouldn't we, Marco? Kaitlyn?" Kaitlyn stood there, dumbfounded and creeped out. She had never seen this man once in her whole lifetime, so what was he doing here and how did he know her name?
"Woah, Woah," Marco stepped forward to address the man, a confused expression crossing over his face. "Who the heck even are you?"
"You know, I'm not really sure," The man replied. He stared at the ground, head tilted as he thought about it. "I don't think I have a name, actually. At least, I can't recall at this exact time," he said. "But name or no name, we got to go," He added quickly. A swirling vortex of sorts appeared beside him. Kaitlyn jumped back in surprise. What the heck was going on? She started to back up. This day so far had been full of weird events. Perhaps she was dreaming? It seemed to be the only logical explanation at this point. Marco seemed tense as well, and unsure about what he should do.
"Everything will make sense later, I promise you!" The man shouted. The vortex-portal thing had begun to make a screeching noise.
"Then again, you don't have a choice, really..." He added.

Reluctantly, Marco and Kaitlyn walked through it, and for a moment it was pitch black.
Last edited by Winstalgia on Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✦ Queer | pt. 2.

Postby Winstalgia » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:52 pm

What Kaitlyn and Marco saw was odd yet amazing.
Through the portal, they walked onto pavement. Around them were boxes and shipment crates, water surrounded every side of them. Nothing could be seen on the horizon. In fact, unknown to them, the horizon was just an illusion. You couldn't reach the horizon. There really was an edge of the world and if you went out on a boat you'd fall, continuously.

The man with no name appeared in front of them within the blink of an eye.
"Welcome!" He shouted with glee, and jazz hands. Behind him a large building sat. It looked like a rainbow threw up on it though. It was every color you could imagine, some Kaitlyn was positive hadn't even been invented yet. The building was small and run down, the windows cloudy and falling out of the frames.
"Uh, where exactly are we, though?" Marco said, his nervousness peeking through.
"Good question, really. Unfortunately I don't know. Well, I know where I am, though," he said. Confusion spread over Kaitlyn's face. what in the world was happening?
"But come, come! We must go inside if you are to begin the trials," He said, pushing the two toward the large front doors of the colorful building. It kind of resembled a hotel of sorts.

Inside color was everywhere too, but the inside was humongous. It was set up like a hotel, too. A woman sat at the desk on the computer but just stared at it, as if she had forgotten how to do her job. There was a glass room in the corner, although it was empty. The man with no name continued along at a fast pace down the hall. He led Kaitlyn and Marco into an elevator. Slow music played as they went up.
It opened to a very long hallway. The rooms were all locked and only two could be seen wide open.
"This is where you'll be staying. Choose whichever room you want, although it probably won't matter all too much," he said with a soft chuckle. Kaitlyn and Marco stood still, obviously still in shock and confused. But she didn't say anything and they both walked into the rooms closest to them.
"Oh, come upstairs to my office in two hours, please!" The man shouted as he disappeared into the elevator.

Inside her room, Kaitlyn stared outside the window. The view wasn't much though. Just the water, eventually sending her eyes to the horizon. After what felt like 5 minutes, a knock sounded at the door. Kaitlyn walked to it, on the way examining the items in the room she had overlooked when she walked in. A small bed, a nightstand with a lamp, a dusty book that appeared to be in some odd, ancient symbols, and a dusty rug. The whole room was dusty in fact. Kaitlyn opened the door. The man with no name stood before her.
"I said two hours, it's been 2 hours and I was beginning to get impatient with being patient. Please do hurry," he said as another vortex appeared beside him. Kaitlyn shook her head.
"Please tell me what's going on," She said. It was obvious she was still in partial shock. It had been 5 minutes, not 2 hours!
"I'll explain everything once we're at my office," He said. "Time moves differently down here, that's all I'll say for now," He said, stepping through the vortex. Kaitlyn followed after a second.

The man's office was colorful. Each wall was a different color. A couch sat against the wall across from a wooden desk. Little odd random trinkets of many shapes and sizes were decorating it. Including a nameplate that read The Gamemaster. Kaitlyn hesitated before taking a seat on the couch. It was rather comfy, she'd admit that. The man clapped his hands together before setting them neatly onto the desk.
"All your questions will be answered within a matter of time, do not worry," He said as he moved a hand to his glasses, making them more crooked than they already were.
"Okay, go ahead and ask away," He said with a sigh. He did not seem very jolly now. Kaitlyn shifted around on the couch uneasily before clearing her throat and speaking.

"Okay... Where are we?"
"I do not know where we are. I am of course inside my realm. Queer, as the locals call it,"
he said. "As for we, what is we? I know only me, I, you, and you," He shrugged.
"Locals? People live here?"
"I wouldn't call them people, but sure,"
"What's your name?"
"Ah, glad you asked, I remember now. It's the gamemaster to you. But don't get me confused with Thee gamemaster, she's more stubborn than me,"

"She? Who's she?"
"Oh, there's another gamemaster who's with your friend - Marco, was it? Each gamemaster has a different prefix. I am the, she is thee,"
"How many gamemasters are there?"
"There used to be 5. But one by one they traded their immortality for mortality, so they could live normal lives alongside you er, people,"
"Oh."
"Oh?"
"Why did you uh, take us here?"
The gamemaster's face grew serious, and he straightened his glasses back out upon Kaitlyn's question.
"Us gamemasters' participate in games. Hence the name, obviously. We would each seek out a 'piece'. Someone from your realm who looked weak or dumb. Once we found our pieces we would alter memories and then bring them here to participate in the games," He said.
"I'm...I'm sorry, but you said alter memories?"
"Of course. Me and thee gamemaster can alter memories. We can see past memories, implant fake ones, and take ones away. When I took you and your friend away I altered the memories of everyone who saw anything happen at the docks that night and so that your relatives and friends still believe you are with them. It will last forever, until I call it off or the games end." He finished.

splitting this into three parts so I can have something up,, it's been a while. c: I swear the dream felt shorter when I had it though,,
Last edited by Winstalgia on Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✦ S prouts

Postby Winstalgia » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:16 am

Kaitlyn sat back into her room, panic beginning to set in. She felt worried and fearful; what if she never saw her family again? Or she died during the games? The Gamemaster had explained to her that during the games the pawns - the informal name being the contestants - would have to get through a series of fights, puzzles, or even duels against each other. Of course since it was only Kaitlyn and Marco this upcoming game, the duel would probably be one of the last of many events.

Sigh.

If only she could leave. Kaitlyn had never been an anxious person. Aside from a first job and speaking on stage to the public, that is. But those were common to feel anxious about. Now she was beyond fearful. She'd have to live and just get through it. The Gamemaster was very generous though it seemed and he really didn't want her to die. Then again, Thee Gamemaster probably felt the same way about Marco.

Kaitlyn got up and walked into the hall. The decor in the hallway was lopsided and slightly bothering her but it was pointless to try to fix all. One was on the ceiling! Well, four actually. Rounding the corner she walked right into Marco. His face turned red and he quickly stepped back.
"Sorry..." Kaitlyn muttered. Marco remained silent, poking the carpet with his feet.
"Um... ok," Kaitlyn said, eyes on the ground. She quickly withdrew from him and walked down the hall.

wip.
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ Spilt in the road

Postby Winstalgia » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:04 am

A peaceful silence washed over the dead forest. The dead forest was a lesser known area, but as well as one of the most known areas. It lies in between the firmament and the abyss. Just as a strong wind rushed through the trees, the silence was broken by the quick, muffled thuds of horse hooves. Across the grey dirt road a carriage rolls into view, a large white draft horse pulling it with a strong amount of force. No one sat upon the coachman's seat but still, the reins moved to and fro and up and down to guide the horse.
A man stood a little ways off, his bright blue eyes watching the carriage, which began to pick up speed before decelerating to a stop once the man held up his hand. His other hand clenched a blue flamed lantern. He limped through the mist to a large, towering gate. It was odd though, why use a gate if you could simply wander around it? As he continued limping, passing through a small pool of moonlight, it was easier to make out his appearance. He wore a thick coat which was tearing at the seams, and patches of varying fabric could be spotted at random. He wore a newsboy hat and thick grey hair peeked out.
Still though, he continued as if in a trance - like he'd been doing this for one hundred years or more. His movement was slow yet quick, and his eyes didn't stay on thing longer than a half second. As soon as the last latch on the gate was broken they swung open, revealing a split in the road. He walked up to the carriage and went to the side, rapping on the door. It opened and inside sat the most beautiful woman the man had ever seen pass through. Her eyes were green as grasshoppers and her long wavy hair as golden as the sun. A woman this beautiful surely would have no sins? The man's eyes drifted to the ground and he removed his cap as he addressed her.
    "Welcome to the Dead Forest, miss," he said in a rough voice.
    "The pathway is a ways 'head. Don't fret about goin' the wrong way, though, miss. The driver knows where you belong, and I'm sure you have a feast a'waiting for you, miss," He said with an idiotic grin.
    The man nodded as he finished speaking, and shut the door. Despite how extraordinary she was, she was a odd, remaining calm and silent like that the entire time. It made the man uneasy.
He stepped back from the carriage as it began to move once more, and it picked up an impressive amount of speed. The man watched it as it slowed down at the split in the road. The horse neighed and pawed the ground, as if unsure as to which way to go. It remained still for a moment, and the man, who was unsure of whether or not he should go down there, forced himself to stay put.
Finally it rolled onto the left pathway, the still heavy thuds of the horse decreasing as it moved further out. The man felt his heart drop at what had happened. Why the left pathway? As fast as his injured leg would carry him, he made it to the split in the road and examined the signs. His eyes fell onto the left sign with disappointment as flurry of sadness and anger came over him. The sign bore the following words:
    Let those who fall, fall here,
    fall into the inferno depths,
    oblivion, the starless land,
    or, as it's better known,
    the abyss. Please proceed with
    caution, beware of slick roads.
The man fell to his knees. He cursed at himself, for his eyes had deceived him. Never would he have thought that someone so lovely, magnificent even, would go to the abyss, the forbidden land of darkness, the starless land, the inferno depths, oblivion.
He let out a cry of disgust at his own judgment. He swore he would never do that and yet...he had, unbeknownst to him.
After a second longer of mourning he stood up and walked back through the gates as another carriage came rolling through and his eyes glazed over as he repeated this process. He did this every day for the past 500 years. One day he too would be guided through the split in the road. Until then he watched the good and bad souls be escorted to either the firmament or the abyss.
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ random thing I did at 4 am

Postby Winstalgia » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:17 pm

she was told to be patient,
Kind,
And loyal.
To always be honest, and faithful;
To those who struck her down,
She would always try.

But as the sun struck the horizon,
Fear gripped her,
Feelings consumed her like tidal waves,
Rage and guilt; the feelings paralyzed her.

Yet that night,
A fire raged.
The wind howled, and she fell to her knees.
Crying out with agony: "save me! Save me!"

And right then...
The fire was distinguished.
The wind: silenced.
She stood, a gentle whisper caressing her ear.
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ S t a r s

Postby Winstalgia » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:07 pm

She would delight in everything, even the sorrow and grief
Last edited by Winstalgia on Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✦ 2019

Postby Winstalgia » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:56 pm

false feelings
Last edited by Winstalgia on Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me