twelve days of dogmas - cak prompts

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

twelve days of dogmas - cak prompts

Postby eagle, » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:44 am

████████████████████████████████

i. the pupils find an ice skating rink
    ii. alcides gets a present from ganymede
    iii. the one where it snows on mt. olympus
    iv. andromache just really likes winter
    v. but proteus does not like the cold at all
    vi. cadmus wishes that brontes was back
    vii. alcides gives everyone the day off
    viii. the pupils explore the city while it snows
    ix. only sarpedon believes hermione
    x. mt. olympus gives thanks for the gods
    xi. asterion flirts with andromache and it gets cuter
    xii. perseus always thinks proteus is cute
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

i.

Postby eagle, » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:46 am

prompt: one of your pack mates finds a pond frozen over, perfect for an ice skating rink. What do they do?
      characters: chione, carya, nestor, aion, glaucus, notus
      wc: 993

indentchione discovered it when she was chasing a rabbit through the woods. behind her, her other siblings gave chase and notus' bark sounded clearly through the trees. the ground was hard to the touch after a cold night, and chione felt relieved that their mentors took them out to hunt, where she would be able to work her muscles and run to warm up.
      indentthe rabbit's white fur disappeared over a dip in the earth, but chione followed after it. already, she imagined the taste that would fill her mouth when she caught it, and, even better, andromache's praise that she was able to catch it before her siblings. lately, aion had taken all of the best catches, and chione was determined to do her best, to show their mentors that she was equally capable as her brother. she would be a good hunter too, and no one would be able to deny that.
      indentwith renewed confidence and desire to outrun the rabbit, chione pressed on, digging her back paws harder into the frozen ground to pick up speed. her chest ached from the effort of breathing so heavily, but she ignored the acidic taste burning the back of her tongue. this is mine, she thought to herself. within moments, she was nearly on top of the rabbit, so hyper-focused on outrunning her siblings and the rabbit alike that she didn't hear carya's yell until it was too late. "chione! watch your step, you're getting close to the pond!" indeed, the rabbit tore through the icy undergrowth and, to chione's astonishment, across the surface of the pond.
      indentthe pond on the edge of their territory was normally a place to fish and hunt for any larger prey that passed by for a drink of water. however, in a series of bounds, the rabbit darted right across the clear surface and chione followed suit, forced to stop only when she found that the pond had turned to ice under her paws, causing her entire weight to shift. her four paws slid in opposite directions, right out from under her, and chione fell awkwardly on her side. across the pond, a rustle of leaves said that the rabbit got away, though chione noted aion's lean form bypass the pond in pursuit. "i got it!" he shouted, and chione dropped her head against the cold surface of the pond with a sigh.
      indent"are you okay?" that was nestor, the larger pupil daring to lean over the edge of the frozen pond. his own sides heaved from their sprint through the woods. "you didn't hurt anything, did you?"
      indent"no, the ice just feels nice," chione answered, allowing her eyes to fall shut while she fought to regain her breath. further into the trees, she heard aion's joyful bark and she knew that he made the catch she'd failed. she looked up only when she heard claws scrape against the icy surface.
      indentthere, glaucus stood, looking uneasy on his paws but trying to stand up straight. nestor gasped when glaucus' paws slipped, but chione's brother regained his footing and inched closer to chione. "i think it's frozen all the way through," he breathed out, amazed. "this is so cool, chione, you gotta stand up," he urged. with a huff, chione rolled over onto her belly and shivered to the touch, her short fur offering little protection against the chill. carefully, she managed to rise onto her paws just in time for notus to crash through the trees towards them. carya and nestor sat on the edge of the pond, both watching glaucus and chione fight to stand and inch their way back towards the edge.
      indent"scared of falling?" notus joked when glaucus' paw slipped and his brother yipped softly in surprise.
      indent"no!" glaucus defended, ears flattening back against his head. "at least i'm brave enough to try it," he challenged. from there, less than a second passed before notus launched himself onto the ice and at glaucus. glaucus shouted again when notus barreled into him and sent both of their bodies sprawling. chione, nestor, and carya laughed, and burst into another fit when aion emerged from the other side, rabbit in his jaws. aion's brow raised at his brothers wrestling on the ice, before he trotted over to rest the rabbit down beside carya. from there, jumped onto the ice and slid forward, knocking into glaucus, who just managed to find his paws. glaucus shouted in exasperation when he wsa again knocked sideways and off of his paws.
      indent"come on, you boring lot," aion called across the pond. he, too, had fallen onto the ice, though his tail wagged and joy sparkled in his eyes. behind him, notus and glaucus batted at one another, trying to get to their paws faster and knock each other down at the same time. "come on, have a little fun for once in your life!" before chione could move, she saw carya's form lower to the ground to keep her balance when she moved forward to meet her brothers. nestor's ears perked up, and chione exchanged a glance with him before nestor shrugged and smiled widely.
      indent"i guess our mentors can wait a bit longer," he said before he, too, strode forward onto the ice, more carefully than the others. for a long moment, chione looked over her shoulder, back to where their mentors were likely beginning to wonder what was taking so long. then she looked back when she heard a sharp bark to see aion and carya wrestle, reared back on their hind legs and paws locked on their shoulders to push the other down. nearby, nestor laughed when notus pushed glaucus down, the latter sighing heavily and rolling onto his back.
      indenttheir excitement was infectious, and nestor's smile widened when chione was able to reach him. carya managed to push aion to the ice, though he found his paws and challenged her again, and notus helped glaucus steady himself.
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me