Kit Readoption Entry: The Philosopher's Stone

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Kit Readoption Entry: The Philosopher's Stone

Postby LivingLethal » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:24 pm

A D&D Campaign by Lucy and Anameme
__________________________________________________________________________________________

…...Left Kit: Lucy; Female; LivingLethal
Right Kit: Anameme; Female; 22tabby….....

Navigation:
Personalities and Histories
Lucy's D&D Sheet
Anameme's D&D Sheet
The Philosopher's Stone: A Campaign
End Credits

Return to the competition
Last edited by LivingLethal on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:49 am, edited 9 times in total.
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Personalities and Histories

Postby LivingLethal » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:24 pm

Lucy

Personality
Lucy is one to ignore laws and societal rules to follow her own sense of morality. She believes in kindness, and she wishes to be a loyal friend and companion to anyone in need. It isn’t difficult to become friends with her in the least; she leans more toward the extroverted side of the scale and is often found entertaining those around her. With her extroverted ways comes an outspoken soul with issues relating to her beliefs and feelings. Lucy does not stand for nonsense—even when it is someone close to her—but can forgive. On the other hand, friendly competition and rivalry is something Lucy accepts with open arms. Sometimes, Lucy rushes into things (a shared trait with her sister), but a decent dose of common sense often solves her problems for her. When it doesn’t, things don’t typically go her way. Lucy, although not completely hopeless in this department, is not known to be the smarter twin.

The half-elf Lucia, owing to her creator's lack of forethought, is essentially a self-insert. When playing Lucia, Lucy merely considers the course of action she would take.

History
Luck is a hallmark of Lucy’s life thus far. She does average in school, has caring friends, and has a decent idea of her future. Her only hardship comes in the form of her twin sister, who has struggled in one way or another throughout her life. Lucy’s sheltered youth makes her unaware of the events that may cause a person to fall down the wrong paths in life, and due to this, she is often uninformed in dealing with more troubled people.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anameme

Personality
Anameme, or Ana, epitomizes the concept of chaotic evil both in and out of her D&D character. She is selfish, sneaky, and rude. She lacks a moral compass, instead governing her own actions by the likelihood of personal gain. That is, when she can be bothered to think of the long-term at all. She is one to rush into issues, causing those around her trouble. Despite her inability to think before she acts, Ana generally can guess what will result in the most favorable ending for her, and she behaves accordingly. One such exception to this rule is her relationship with her twin, Lucy, as she considers Lucy to be a separate part of her own being. Her interactions with Lucy center around the wish to benefit her sister as she does herself.

Anameme, the tiefling, is similar to Lucia in that she is based heavily off of her creator’s own traits. She has been through several campaigns alongside the half-elf Lucia, so the two are familiar with each other. Despite this, Anameme does not have the same allegiance to the half-elf as her creator does to her twin. She keeps her around mainly due to the benefit of numbers and a humorous traveling partner. However, time has given the rogue comfort with the fighter, so there is a small part of her that wishes to be able to adventure with the other for as long as time allows…

History
Ana never had a strong moral compass, but her malevolence only emerged in full force during her middle school years. She struggled to find her method of expression. For a time, she put on the façade of a tomboy. Many gave her hardships for her bizarre expressions of self, through which only Lucy’s support got her through. She began hanging out with a group that fit into this specific attitude—people who were rough around the edges. From these people, she learned the art of truly not caring; she became apathetic toward the motives and wants of others and began living for her own benefit. A few years later, she is a radical at heart. Ana wishes that structures, whether these be societal, moral, political, or economic, could be broken down for anarchy to take hold and the strong to survive. In recent months, Ana has taken up a hobby in joining political rallies: a way to get her voice heard while she is still unable to vote for change herself.
Last edited by LivingLethal on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lucy's D&D Form: Lucia, Half-Elf Fighter

Postby LivingLethal » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:31 pm

Lucia

Fighter Class – Level 1 - Adventurer Background - Lucy
Half-Elf - Chaotic Good - 0EXP

Strength: 18
+4
Dexterity: 16
+3
Constitution: 14
+2
Intelligence: 12
+1
Wisdom: 16
+3
Charisma: 13
+1
Passive Wisdom: 16

Proficiency Bonus: +2
Acrobatics: 3
Animal Handling: 3
Arcana: 1
Athletics: 6
Deception: 1
History: 1
Insight: 3
Intimidation: 3
Investigation: 1
Medicine: 3
Nature: 1
Perception: 5
Performance: 1
Persuasion: 1
Religion: 1
Sleight of Hand: 3
Stealth: 3
Survival: 5

Armor Class: 16 Initiative: 3 Speed: 30

Hit Point Maximum: 1D10/lvl
Current Hit Points: 12/12

Attacks — Type — Damage
*Longsword – Slashing – 1D8
*Flail – Bludgeoning – 1D8

Equipment
* Chain mail
* Light crossbow and 20 bolts
* Explorer’s Pack
* Foldable knife
* Traveler’s clothes
* Shovel
* Crowbar
* Cloak
* Weird-looking rock

CP: 0 SP: 0 EP: 0 GP: 15 PP: 0

Proficiencies and Languages
*Light armor, medium armor, heavy armor, shields
*Simple weapons, martial weapons.
*Languages: Common, Elvish, Sylvan, Draconic

Features and Traits
*Darkvision – 60ft in dark
*Fey Ancestry – charm resistance
*Dueling Weapon Style
*Second Wind – stamina well

Personality Traits: I am more accustomed to life on the road or underground than in a settlement or my actual "home".
Ideals: I am the sword of virtue for those in need!
Bonds: The people who raised me made me into an adventurer.
Flaws: I egregiously underestimate or overestimate the risks a job represents.
Last edited by LivingLethal on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Anameme's D&D Form: Anameme, Tiefling Rogue

Postby LivingLethal » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Anameme

Rogue Class – Level 1 - Feral Child Background - Anameme "Ana"
Tiefling - Chaotic Evil - 0EXP

Strength: 20
+5
Dexterity: 18
+4
Constitution: 14
+2
Intelligence: 11
+0
Wisdom: 20
+5
Charisma: 15
+2
Passive Wisdom: 20

Proficiency Bonus: +2
Acrobatics: 4
Animal Handling: 5
Arcana: 0
Athletics: 5
Deception: 2
History: 0
Insight: 5
Intimidation: 4
Investigation: 0
Medicine: 5
Nature: 2
Perception: 5
Performance: 2
Persuasion: 2
Religion: 0
Slight of Hand: 4
Stealth: 6
Survival: 2

Armor Class: 15 Initiative: 4 Speed: 30ft

Hit Point Maximum: 1D8/lvl
Current Hit Points: 10/10

Attacks — Type — Damage
*Rapier — Piercing — 1D8
*Shortsword — Piercing — 1D6

Equipment
*Explorer Pack
*Leather Armor
*2 Daggers
*Thieves Tools
*Herbalism kit
*Patch of tiger fur
*2 gallon waterskin
CP: 0 SP: 0 EP: 0 GP: 0 PP: 0

Proficiencies and Languages
*Light Armor
*Simple weapons, shortsword, longswords,
rapiers, crossbows
*Herbalism kit, poisoner kit
*Languages: Common, Infernal

Features and Traits
*Thaumaturgy Cantrip
*Darkvision - 60ft in dark
*Hellish Resistance - Resistance to fire damage
*Thieves Cant
*Sneak Attack
*Scent of the Wild

Personality Traits: I don’t much stock in money. I’d rather have things that are useful or beautiful than valuable. I don’t need material possessions to keep me happy.
Ideals: I never fit into society and I have found the only way to be content is to express myself without regard for rules.
Bonds: Somebody hurt my animal family and they will pay for it.
Flaws: I am impulsive. I often follow my whims even when it’s inappropriate.
Last edited by LivingLethal on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:59 am, edited 6 times in total.
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Campaign

Postby LivingLethal » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:33 pm

Coal, the sisters' DM, breathes inward, satisfied and ready. On this day, preparation comes to a close, welcoming in its stead a new beginning. He looks toward his two disciples, the teens to which he is teaching his craft—D&D.

“Ready to start the campaign, Ana and Lucy?” He asks.

The girls glance down at their character sheets, checking them for any missing details they may have accidentally foregone. Neither notice anything out of the ordinary; Lucy gives Coal thumbs-up, and Ana nods her head. With that, Coal begins the campaign:

“The wind catches word of a Philosopher’s stone—a stone capable of granting immortality to the moral—hidden in a crypt far below the mountains of the east. Your two adventurers are informed of its existence and asked to recover it for a powerful king. The journey will be treacherous, passing both furious heat and unforgiving chill, facing monsters of lore and beings of greed. The informant begs of the two: will you take the quest and return the stone?”

Both agree to honorably take the quest, but neither plans to uphold their promise. One explorer’s thoughts are darkened with destruction, while the other dreams of freedom from pain and suffering. The two hasten to begin their journey; it will be treacherous and difficult. By sundown, the town only exists in their memories.

The night is the explorer’s greatest friend or greatest foe. For the half-elf and the tiefling, it is the former. Nodding to their ancestry, both see well in the veil of night. Few other groups can claim such proficiency in night vision, so the two make quick time in their journey. As the sun rises again, they rest in the shade of the mild forests that they will quickly be leaving. Once the blessing of sleep reaches the two, they are off again. The trees soon succumb to the burning heat of the desert; the explorers strip from their armor to survive the blazing sun’s rays. They are left vulnerable, and soon, are attacked by a band of dragonborn wizards. Lucia is robbed of her small sum of money. Anameme owns nothing of value to the dragonborns. They are left defeated, robbed of their pride, but they maintain their luck. Onwards they go, through the desert until sand is exchanged for snow. The tundra welcomes the explorers now.

Quick time is made of the tundra. Only two cycles of the sun were noticed by the fighter, and peaceful rest rejuvenates the duo’s will to continue. Foes are more plentiful in this area, and the rogue is on alert to avoid conflict. Few conflicts were evoked; the fighter ends any issues quickly with the support of her partner.

Soon, the land rises far above the horizon. The mountains of the east are in view, and the explorers will cease their travels soon. Enemies become more numerous. The explorers are more cautious than ever, although neither shies away from a fight. It may be proper to mention that both have initiated one by this point in their journey…

In two more nights, base of the mountains greets the two girls. They wander for little time before the caves’ entrance is sighted. In they go, marking each fork in the system with a crossbow’s bolt. The explorers are weary in the underground, as enemies are found in every corner. The fighter is poisoned and spends a day incapacitated. The rogue is dealt a vicious wound. The Philosopher’s Stone begins to seem a silly joke until one day, the explorers are met with a brilliant light in an ancient miner’s cavern. It is a stone, and it captivates the two. It shimmers a magnificent light from a hollow interior; they know it must be the Philosopher's Stone. In harmony, they declare:

Lucia insists: “It must be destroyed!”

Anameme cries: “We must reap its benefits for ourselves!”

Coal lets out a sigh of relief; finally, the weeks’ worth of late-night tabletop gaming came to fruition. The explorers gazed upon the mystical Philosopher’s Stone, and neither will willingly let the other achieve her goals. For getting this far, he felt pride in them. “So: Ana, Lucy, what’s your course of action?”

Ana, blinded by her character’s greed, shoots up to her knees. “I’m going to take it! Anameme will run forward, trying to beat Lucia to it.” She smiled at Lucy.

Coal nods in acknowledgement. He wasn’t surprised—Ana would do anything to persevere above another. “And you, Lucy? Will Lucia stand for such a bold move?”

Lucy giddily grins in excitement. She, for one, had been anticipating this very ending from the start of the game. "Hell no--I won't stand for this! Lucia tries to tackle Anameme before she reaches the stone!"

Coal chuckles. “Well, it seems neither of you want to give up peacefully. Both of you, roll your 20-sided die and add the acrobatics score. Let’s see who will be the more successful twin tonight…”

Ana furiously shakes the D20 within her palms and catapults it onto the table. With vigor in her heart, she looks down upon the die. “Three!?” She shrieks, exasperated. “So only seven?! No way, Anameme can do better.”

She reaches for the die to roll again, but Coal interrupts: “Ah ah ah, it’s a seven. Let Lucia roll.”

Lucia tosses the die; it settles on number 13. "Haha!" Lucia cackles. "13 plus three, so 16!"

Coal affirms the dice’s rolls. “Anameme is tackled to the ground effortlessly. What’s your move?”

Ana frowns, upset for her character and herself. “Uhhmm… Anameme... Anameme grabs her shortsword and tries to attack Lucia to get her off, screaming ‘I’m not scared of you! You’re nothing but a feather. Get off before I do something I regret!’”

Coal raises his brow. “Ana, I meant Lucy; you’re incapacitated. Lucy, you have the advantage. While Anameme is down, you get two rolls and take the higher of the two. How will you respond?”

"I'm going to..." Lucy trails off, unsure of her next move. For a few moments she sits still, thinking vigorously. As soon as an idea pops into her head, she announces, "Lucia will try to disarm Anameme!" With that, she tosses two D20s. The first lands on five and settles there. The second rolls across the table, and just before it tumbles off, stops at five. She lets out a long sigh of disappointment, then groans: "Soooo… five plus four for her strength modifier. Nine."

Coal looks at Ana expectantly. “I need you to roll your strength too, just to see if you can hold onto that damn blade you’re waving around”

Ana snickers at her die. “14 plus five! 19! I win!”

Coal chuckles. “Not quite,” he says, “But that blade is definitely yours. So, Lucy, you can’t tackle Anameme forever. What’s your next move?”

Lucy furls her eyebrows in thought. She glances at her character sheet and recalls that Lucia is wearing chainmail; the realization makes her grin. "Lucia can beat Anameme in any close-combat fight," she boasts. "Lucia unsheathes her longsword and stands up, asking Anameme if she really wants a fight."

Ana smirks—this was a change of pace. “Anameme brushes off her armor and climbs to her feet, drawing her rapier. ‘A fight? Hah, more like target practice!’”

This is it, Coal thinks, glancing at his protegees. The end of the campaign. “Okay you two, roll for initiative—who gets the first move. Remember, D20 plus your dexterity modifier.”

Lucy shakes the die around in between her palms, hoping to infuse lucky energy within it. With a mighty flick of the wrist, her die rolls across the table. "...15. Plus 3, so that means an 18. Beat that, Ana!" Lucia sticks out her tongue, mocking playfully.

Ana brushes off her shoulders. She rises to her feet, the die in her hands, and slams the die down on the table. Coal and Lucy snicker, but when Ana sees the number, she’s anything but happy: “Seven?! So 11 with the modifier?! God, give me a break. You’re lucky your my twin Lucy, or I’d be done.”

Coal nods. “That’s just how it is, Ana. Lucy, you’re up.”

Lucy cracks her knuckles; the finish line is in sight for her. She announces: "Lucia twirls around Anameme, trying to get within sword's reach of the stone to break it into pieces." Lucy quickly throws the die. "Seven, with my acrobatics modifier is 10. Which means...?" She sends a questioning look to Coal, waiting for his discretion.

Coal glances at his Player’s Manual. He says, “Unexpected move from you, Lucy. Lucia can’t destroy the stone on this turn, but unless Anameme can do anything, there’s nothing stopping you.”

Ana takes a deep breath. She needed to win this! Err—Anameme did. “Anameme will run forward and throw one of her daggers, trying to injure Lucia enough to halt her. She remarks, ‘You can’t win without a fight!’”
    Coal sighs. “Okay... give me a dexterity roll. See if you can throw at all.”

Ana rolls—finally, a decent number. “Nine plus four—13!

“Good,” Coal says. “What’s your armor class, Lucy?”

Lucia gives her fellow players a smug grin. "Lucia has chainmail... and an armor class of 16!"

Ana groans, but Coal interrupts her with a shrug. “That’s it. Anameme’s daggers bounce off harmlessly. Lucy, it’s your move. Destroy the stone or rise to Anameme’s calls to duel.”

Lucy eloquently finishes her sequence: "Lucia sprints towards the stone, leaving Anameme trailing in her dust. With a magnificent swing of her sword, she slashes at the stone, shattering it into pieces. The light within the hollow stone fizzles away, and the glassy outer shell crumbles to the ground. Lucia feels sorrow for her partner, but she knows one thing: it was good that had won today. The light that dissipates from the stone seems to reignite in her heart as contentment."

Coal takes a deep breath to speak, but Ana cuts him off, fuming: “Anameme would be furious! She’d use all her might to slash Lucia, and then she’d recover the stone and use dark forces to bring it back to life! Then, Anameme would be all powerful!”

Coal glances toward Ana in surprise. “You think she’d try to hurt Lucia?”

Ana’s eyes go wide; she gasps. “No!” She gives her sister a look of regret and speaks again: “But she’d try to fix the stone… and make sure Lucia knew it.”

“I suppose she can do whatever she wants," Coal remarks. "Campaign’s over after all. Good job, you two—perhaps we’ll revisit Anameme and Lucia in our next go.”

“I’d like that,” Lucy affirms. “After all, it seems these two explorers aren’t quite done with each other yet…” Ana and Lucy share an enthusiastic glance; their characters aren’t done with each other yet. With that, the two begin gathering up their dice, ready to start brainstorming for their next adventure together.
Last edited by LivingLethal on Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Credits

Postby LivingLethal » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:57 pm

Credits:
22tabby for art, writing input, and being a saint while teaching Lethal D&D
LivingLethal for writing
Sword image from HusseinHorack on dA
Dragon image is from dragcave.net
Fancy title font by fontmeme.com
D20 rolls in the final battle were courtesy of Random.org

Notes
3/3 art pieces
3000/3000 words (barring the title and credits page)

Thank you for reading! <:
Last edited by LivingLethal on Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me