. // THE INSOMNIAC'S CALENDAR. )

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

perhaps

not
14%
in this era
39%
it is unseen
47%

Total votes : 36

. // 000.220

Postby sinensys » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:07 pm

the unsettled serpent
    never truly lies
    with its wily gaze
    cast down or within ---
    the suspicious ripples
    continuously churn
    in the serpent's
    monocular vision.

on some days,
    i envy them,
    and on others,
    i mourn
    the lack of eyelids,
    keeping me from
    unwinding.
sinensys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

. // 000.221

Postby sinensys » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:18 pm

guilt, grief, and shame ---
    the three sisters
    weaving the lives
    of those unsettled
    by the crooked depth
    of rational reasoning.
    the external world
    can only do so much
    to smoothen the
    outwardly-reaching wrinkles.
    the ripples extend
    their stunted arms
    in search of some thought
    on which to cling.
sinensys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

. // 000.222

Postby sinensys » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:39 pm

how inept i am at perceiving my own self --- i acknowledge my aphantasia and respect that i will never "see" myself as many other do, but do not even recognize myself in abstract form as i do to everyone else. why am i left without an icon in my catalogue of people? that catalogue isn't even that obscenely full to argue that i am out of storage space. i hold countless pieces of data, spun in a woven cloth of mental links and connections, but not memories outside of my inner world. those are lost to the unrelenting maw of the nothing. i get meaningless snapshot memories and some bits of experiences where i made a link to the database --- but even those are not personal. i struggle to chart down even basic facts about myself as an abstracted entity; it feels made up when i try to.

why have i lost myself to the long naught? and why do i have to fish pieces of myself out from that voidal lake and assemble them as one does with a puzzle?

sinensys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

. // 000.223

Postby sinensys » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:31 pm

even with that benevolent deathgrip pried wide, the jaw still aches. the immaterial projection of a future envisioned pulled me by the teeth down a beckoning path of promise. and that path has brought me great bounties, even if i chipped teeth in my attempt to clamp down on that prophetic glimpse. and i will continue down this path, but not before releasing the foreign spirit i latched onto. no, i must forcibly unclench my maw and realign the crooked misconceptions i have held onto so dearly for momentum. already i have released several, but not all of them. some, wrought by my own self, still remain hidden to me, even still today.

even with that benevolent deathgrip pried wide, the jaw still aches --- but not as much as the self. it burns to have been let down by such simple means, the hammer suddenly refusing to obey the carpenter and instead choosing to aim for stray fingers. it should not hurt as much as it does. a few expectations crack and yet i am the one to collapse. it's so stupid. it feels so stupid to be so drastically disarmed by seemingly simple and easily resolved complications.

the complications were, truly, my own fault --- and also not. the blunder was initially mine, by virtue of missing deadlines. bit ot is arguable that the pain was necessary: otherwise, i might have been compelled to dream. historically, dreaming has been the direct cause of pain and the birth forge of misconceptions. it is entirely possible i have woken up a fractal of myself from a trance i was unaware of. the jaw still aches and i feel betrayed, even if it will ultimately benefit me.

sinensys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

. // 000.224

Postby sinensys » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:52 pm

the banality of it all is not lost on me --- and yet still i am surprised at my own emotional reactions. the unseen mechanism recoils and threatens to unwind, rusting springs i so carefully polished in the last few years. i am simultaneously eager to let this play out while also bargaining with the tensed coils within my stomach. i am enthralled by the fear of disconnection yet ready to unplug from a select few i never imagined removing myself from --- the snake-wrought self is more sensitive than i had hoped. how often i had prided myself on my emotional stability, how i ached when understanding that i would never be the machine i aspired to be. and now, how i yearn for a lifetime i do not recognize as my own.

some lilted serpent has wormed its way between us, and i do not know if removing it will do any good. some days, i think it is entirely possible that it must resolve without intervention, or that it may even require resolution. other days, i fear you may be their origin. i have my faults --- many, in fact --- but this which you blame me for is not mine. in my deficits i have stumbled, but you tread intentionally, and recall past excursions with a spiteful eagerness. i wish i understood why i have always seemed a threat to you; it has only ever been you who put yourself into my shadow.

i cast this out in the case we never speak: i have not tried hard enough in some ways, and you have the right to be upset about that. but you still hold an additional, petty grudge which i will not settle for. for years i have welded my words to construct aluminum behemoths on which to stand --- i will not burn energy needlessly only for you to decide i hate you.

sinensys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

. // 000.225

Postby sinensys » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:07 am

the serpent within
    my lower midsection
    writhes more than usual,
    as of late.
    i have not heard
    from that slanted muscle
    in the last few months
    so much as i have heard
    from that crooked strength
    in the last week.
    i wish i knew how to
    quell the beast,
    and remind it that i
    have no reason to
    revert to old ways.

sinensys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

// 000.226

Postby sinensys » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:50 pm

i writhe beneath my own skin, a wyrm entombed in its own egg. the shell resists my persistent push and continues to bind me, a nauseating gauze for a wound improperly healed --- before, i might have preferred the safe calcium walls, but now they imprison me. how suddenly the once-benign structures of support can sour into malignant towers of self-repression --- or maybe i had just never tasted the acidic nature of the beams i had built. the energy expenditure of new supports frightens me, but the consequences of not doing so irks me more. one would think the two balance each other out, resulting in some small net displacement to propel me, but instead i am left paralyzed, currents pulled both down- and upstream. ultimately the opposing flows will churn me into a riptide, pulled from beneath my own self. my incessant coiling brings me ever nearer to the riptide, but it cannot be stopped. i fear it and impatiently await that moment's arrival.

sinensys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me