✧ ▬▬ to learn how to love [viscet tryout dnp]

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

✧ ▬▬ to learn how to love [viscet tryout dnp]

Postby ShimmerSolarPets » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:21 pm

████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ the beast from the heart of the cosmos ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

┌──────────────────────────────────┐

((xxname // yggharla na'hubxxxxgender // non-binary (he/him)xxxxgender for breeding // malexx))
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

└──────────────────────────────────┘

████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
Last edited by ShimmerSolarPets on Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ShimmerSolarPets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✧ ▬▬ to learn how to love [viscet tryout dnp]

Postby ShimmerSolarPets » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:36 pm

Res for something
ShimmerSolarPets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ ▬▬ ” the one who has everything, yet has nothing

Postby ShimmerSolarPets » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:59 pm

Despite being an immortal being of immeasurable power, Yggharla Na'hub acts very much like an oblivious child. He has unfathomable knowledge, but a great curiosity about the world, especially things related to mortal lives. Yggharla is often inquisitive, with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. However, his methods to learn and obtain this knowledge can border on extremes, sometimes to the extent of being destructive. Yggharla is not innately a callous being- he just does not comprehend mortal emotions very well, which is why he strives to learn. He has harmed many in his pursuit of knowledge, even if he initially feels no remorse over that. Like a child who is given power to traverse across the Multiverse and alter reality to some extent, he is merely using his cosmic abilities to satisfy his desires. Yet over time, the once hollow being with a one-track mind began to change.

The longer he spent with mortals, the more he began to develop emotions. It initially began as imitation. He imitated various mortal concepts, such as celebrating victories. Over time, the real emotions within those concepts implanted themselves within his hollow self, instilling a sense of true joy whenever he celebrated. He shared in their struggles and began to root for them, showing more compassion and restraining his methods of gaining knowledge after realizing how horrible h had been towards them in the past. The memory of his past deeds still haunts him with every passing second he spends up in Yagharr, hammering into his mind over and over again that he was just an alien monster towards these mortals. Despite his desire to live and learn among them, he could not truly be one of them. When he first developed the emotion known as guilt, it completely broke him. The only solace he could get from these new and troubling thoughts were the full moons, in which he could spend time with mortals and forget his worries for a night.

Unfathomable and vast, yes. However, Yggharla is far from perfect. He still does not comprehend a lot of mortal emotions. While striving to be polite and kind most of the time, he can still be quite blunt and accidentally hurts mortals' feelings with his words. He has a habit of speaking the truth as it is, knowing that "lying is bad", yet expects mortals to do the same. He is also quite the optimist, seeing the good in every mortal and the beauty in every aspect of their lives, even the bad ones. Overall, Yggharla is just very naive and innocent, yet also very wise and experienced. He is like a wise old advisor and a curious child all at once. Yggharla is extremely oblivious to social cues, sometimes to comical extents. He often takes things much too literally, thus unable to pick up on sarcasm. Despite his generally dense nature, having seen a lot of mortals and the mistakes that led to their ruin, Yggharla is sensitive enough to pick up on signs that might lead to history repeating itself and would advise his mortal friends accordingly to prevent them from making the same mistakes.

Yggharla Na'hub yearns to be able to love. He tries to imitate mortals when they were "loving" someone- be it romantic, platonic, or familial love- yet he does not truly understand what loving and being loved meant. He grieves over the deaths of mortals around him, yet he is not able to truly love them as a normal mortal would. As such, despite all the emotions he has grown to feel, love was still a truly alien concept to him. It is the one dilemma he has that makes up most of his inner demons- the realization that he was completely and utterly different from the mortals he is so fascinated with, the revelation of his inner hollowness, and the guilt over mercilessly killing so many mortals and taking away the wonderful thing called "love" from their lives. His days on Yagharr are often spent with a pressing sense of loneliness, since he has learnt about companionship.

Yggharla Na'hub is truly a being who has everything, yet at the same time, has nothing.
ShimmerSolarPets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

chapter one ✧ curiosity

Postby ShimmerSolarPets » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:51 pm

CURIOSITY
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Mortals. Insignificant specks in the infinite Multiverse.

For the longest time, ▇▇▇▇▇▇ did not care. They were just tiny creatures scuttling over the various worlds in the Multiverse, wandering aimlessly as the seconds ticked away and their lives would fade. ▇▇▇▇▇▇ was not bound to those limitations. The prospect of death was alien to him, a timeless cosmic being floating around in the void between time and space. He knew there were others like him, he paid them no mind. Why should he, when their existence did not concern him in the slightest? There were also the Celestial Warriors- lesser beings who could travel through the Multiverse. Their job was to hunt down creatures like himself. The Multiverse was a big place, and he had always managed to avoid them for the most part. The Celestial Warriors hardly cared for a being like him anyways- not unless he wreaked havoc within the worlds. Eons passed by for ▇▇▇▇▇▇ like mere years did for mortals. The worlds were ever-shifting, and new connections between worlds were ever-changing. It was most fascinating to watch, seeing as the orbs of lights floated around the cosmic system and created new links to each other. Yet, one fateful moment, ▇▇▇▇▇▇ decided to peek into one of those worlds. It had all first started with curiosity. If the worlds could shift so much in one time, what about the interior of those worlds? What about the mortals residing in those worlds?

When the ancient being peeked into one of the worlds he was so fascinated with, there was a spark of realization that shot through the being, like a current of electricity. The outside of the worlds were fun to witness, but the inside... It was nothing like ▇▇▇▇▇▇ had ever seen before. It made the constant shifting of worlds around him seem slow and static and dull. These mortals were capable of changing in remarkable speeds. Stars were born and died in mere milliseconds. Planets were formed and destroyed in mere microseconds. "Civilizations" rose and fell in mere nanoseconds. Mortals... Their lives were like vapor. One blink of ▇▇▇▇▇▇'s eye, and suddenly they were gone. It soon became a hobby for ▇▇▇▇▇▇. He would peek into worlds, following the stars and the planets and the adorable little mortals. When the things he were following were destroyed, he would move on to other things. Over time, the hobby turned to fixation, and fixation turned to obsession.

When he had to return to the void to pick another world, the enchantment bled away from his consciousness, putting him into a state of what the mortals would call "boredom". All of a sudden, watching the shifting of the worlds as he had previously enjoyed to do became a mundane activity. What only felt like hours for him for them to shift became like years. The pulsing of energy emanating from the worlds, which had been a palette of colors to him prior to his new hobby, had become so drearily monochrome. The cosmic being became addicted to watching the inside of the worlds. Obsessed with the activity of mortals, even though he did not understand them himself. Despite being high above them, ▇▇▇▇▇▇ found himself invested in both the good and bad parts of mortals.

That was when he realized: watching them was simply not enough. ▇▇▇▇▇▇, eternal being of power, wanted to become part of their quaint little worlds. Then, he figured, why not? A being such as himself could traverse into any world he wanted. Excitement filled him as he began to fantasize about becoming one of them- playing their little games, eating their good food, laughing and crying together with them... It all sounded so pleasant, so different from the mundane world of the void. So, ▇▇▇▇▇▇ began to search for a world. A suitable realm where he could join the mortal world. A bright pulsing energy caught the monster's eyes. He had taken interest in this world a few hundred years ago, and wondered how much had changed since he last saw it. This one world was home to a multitude of strange species, with the dominant one being Viscets. ▇▇▇▇▇▇ stretched out a hand towards the world. He let the energy of the world suck him in, transporting him to its universe.
Word count: 710 words
ShimmerSolarPets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

chapter two ✧ discovery

Postby ShimmerSolarPets » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:59 pm

DISCOVERY

▇▇▇▇▇▇ found himself looking at a planet, with two satellites revolving around it. Planet Xagdaron. A small smile crossed the cosmic being's face. What sort of beauty shall he bear witness to in this place? ▇▇▇▇▇▇ gave a quick glance towards the two moons. One of them was pale and gray in color, and the other had a reddish hue. Their names, as ▇▇▇▇▇▇ recalled, were Yagharr and Aegherr respectively. However, he paid them no mind. The only thing the eldritch monster was concerned with was the mortals living in Xagdaron. So far, the planet and satellites didn't seem to have changed. He knew better than to expect the mortals to stay the same. Most of the mortals he had watched over the last time he'd watched this world would have long passed on. This time he wasn't going to merely watch. He was going to join them, and live among them. The thought of partaking in their struggles was an exciting one. As he was, in his vast and incomprehensible form, ▇▇▇▇▇▇ descended upon the planet. To be able to fit underneath the planet's atmosphere, he shrunk himself slightly.

When he arrived, he was instantly greeted by the fresh scent of leaves. The deformed beast's feet touched upon the earthy, fertile soil. Tiny blades of grass tickled his feet as he walked. The wild, unruly fur that covered his entire body swept across the ground, turning brown at the edges from the dirt. However, ▇▇▇▇▇▇ did not mind. He stared at the planet in awe, his huge stature causing him to almost graze the sky. So, this is how the mortals view their planet, he thought, with an almost-childlike excitement. The cosmic beast heard a pleasant trill coming from one of the small, leafy plants below him. As he walked to satiate his curiosity, the earth shook and trembled with every step his giant feet took. Yet ▇▇▇▇▇▇ wasn't aware of that. As he bent down to examine the tree, part of his great body grazed against it, toppling it over like a mere toy. The pleasant chirps immediately stopped. "Oh dear," he remarked, his voice a garbled cacophony of hisses and rattles. He bent down so close to the ground that he almost looked like a furry mountain, his eye looking on at the dead red bird on the ground with a bit of disappointment. There went another mortal life. Still, there was no guilt or anything of the sort within the beast. He knew mortals were often upset at another mortal's death, but simply watching them caused him to fail to understand why death was such a significant and impactful thing towards them.

Ah well, wasn't that the reason he came to the surface of this planet in the first place?

The cosmic being lumbered through forests, felling trees with every step he took. Birds took the skies, screeching in terror, yet ▇▇▇▇▇▇ had no idea. He thought it was quite cute, seeing the feathered creatures take to the skies in swarms. He trudged up cliffs, causing rocks to break off and fall to the raging ocean. For several days he walked, marveling at all the colors that he had never seen before. That was when one day, he suddenly saw a spire of stones in the distance. What was that called again? A castle. A surge of excitement compelled him forwards. Where there were castles, there were civilizations. Where there were civilizations, there were people.

He was greeted by screams of terror.

"Monster!!"
    "Go away from here, horrible beast!!"
    A barrage of fire pelted against his humongous body, though he felt nothing aside from a slight tickling. Arrows, missiles, everything came at him. Even lighted gunpowder only felt like a small flick against his skin. ▇▇▇▇▇▇ was puzzled. Weren't people supposed to greet newcomers with hospitality and not hostility? Still, this hostility intrigued him, and he walked straight into the kingdom without thinking about the consequences. Buildings were leveled, mortals ran in terror, bodies of the dead were scattered everywhere... Yet ▇▇▇▇▇▇ merely found all this quite intriguing. The tears of the women and the cries of the children... The despair within everyone's faces... He could see each and every one of them up close. And it was all beautiful and interesting. None of the blows they directed towards him made even a single scratch against his otherworldly hide. The weight of his immense body slammed against the castle, crumbling its spires and sending it into the sea. The foundation of the cliff the city was built upon suddenly caved with their battle, sending the buildings of the city sliding down into the raging seas below, ▇▇▇▇▇▇ along with it.

▇▇▇▇▇▇ landed into the water with a humongous splash, sending a wave that engulfed the city. The water was cold and pleasant and smelled of salt. ▇▇▇▇▇▇ decided that he liked the sea. Though when he regained his footing and scrambled out of the water, he observed the destruction of the city. The lifeless bodies of mortals were strewn about, and the unfortunate survivors wept in grief. He then realized that it was a terrible display of sheer despair. No mortal was left here to show him the good parts of their lives, so he decided to move on to seek out other civilization.

Yet the same thing happened again with every civilization he came across. They screamed, they attacked, and another civilization was leveled to the ground. Everywhere he went, he left dead bodies in his wake. This wasn't what he wanted. He wanted to live among them. When they were dead, there was no more beauty to be found. They were merely silent and static, only waiting to be broken down and returned back to nature. The last civilization he visited was the last straw. Having had enough of the the hate and fear thrown at him, ▇▇▇▇▇▇ fled to the moon of Yagharr, leaving behind stories of destruction and mayhem.
Word count: 985 words
ShimmerSolarPets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

chapter three ✧ life

Postby ShimmerSolarPets » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:49 pm

LIFE

Upon reaching Yagharr, he sank into a state of contemplation. He so badly wanted to be among them, yet he could not without causing them to strike against him. There was so much mortal blood on his hands already. He had cut them all short in mere seconds. Still, there was a burning determination to live among them. The question then became, how? For a few hundred years, ▇▇▇▇▇▇ spent his life holed up in Yagharr, unwilling to leave this world to go back to his usual routine of watching mortals. His time watching mortals had left him to develop a longing of his own, and the more he thought about it, the more he felt that he was a lonely being. Was he that far different from the mortals? Then, one day, it came to him. The arrival of the Celestial Guardians upon Xagdaron caught his attention. They would certainly be hostile towards him if they knew he had been residing in Yagharr. Yet, they merely passed by him, going into the planet to solve a conflict that was going on. He noticed that they held the form of Viscets as they did so, and were hailed heroes once the conflict had passed.

A bolt of inspiration struck him. What if the reason the mortals had been hostile to him was his appearance?

To do what he wanted to do, a sacrifice was needed. However, ▇▇▇▇▇▇'s desire outweighed everything else. The beast tore away part of his life energy and sealed it within the moon, Yagharr, binding his essence to this world. It came with a reward- he could finally visit the mortal realm every full moon of Yagharr.

In his first full moon, ▇▇▇▇▇▇ descended upon a forest in Xagdaron, with green fur that shimmered in the moonlight and long, silky locks of pale hair. Two horns curved upwards from his head. The world seemed so much bigger as a Viscet, with trees that had been as small as toy blocks towering over him. He got up to his feet and staggered, slightly. These small, frail limbs needed some time to get adjusted to. "Hello?" a voice suddenly called out behind him. The cosmic-being-turned-viscet spun around, his tail flapping unsteadily behind him as if he wasn't sure how to walk. A troupe of Viscets had emerged from the trees, and were now looking at him with concern on their faces. "Are you alright?" one of them asked. It was the same voice he'd heard earlier, and it was a female Viscet. She quickly rushed towards him when it looked like he was going to topple over, and supported him with her paws. Her fur held a strange, comforting warmth. "Who are you? Where did you come from?" she asked.

That was the first mortal concept he ever learned personally: identity. Wondering what "name" he should give these mortals, he thought back to the way the Celestial Warriors often referred him to. Knowing that his "name" would be beyond the comprehension of mortals, he tried his best to translate it to the mortal tongue. "Yggharla... Na'hub..." he spoke, carefully pronouncing each syllable. The words felt foreign.

The others went on to introduce themselves, then invited Yggharla to join them. In his concealed excitement, he accepted. Thus, he learned of another mortal concept: companionship. They spent the night around the campfire, talking and doing introductions. Yggharla kept information about himself confidential, but enjoyed his time regardless. It upset him to have to sneak out of their camp when the moon was about to set. He returned to Yagharr, this time with an excitement within his heart.

The next full moon, he located the troupe once more, rejoining his friends, who recognized him and were happy to see him. New concepts were learnt: celebration, bargaining, work, traveling... All of this was beautiful to Yggharla. Every night he had to return to Yagharr, only to find them in the next full moon. The troupe soon became close to him, treating him like a good friend despite only meeting each other monthly. Among them, he was closest to the female who had helped him first- the only one he truly confided to.

One night, she confessed her love towards him.

Yggharla knew love was an important concept in mortal lives, yet he had no idea what it was. Not even after the eons he had spent watching mortals. So, as eager to learn as always, he accepted. Thus, his life changed. He started a family, owning a son named Jorvandor. His time in a mortal form had instilled new emotions within him- things that he had never felt before. Attachment, anger, joy... Every time he had to go back to the moon, these feelings vanished, leaving a black hole within himself. It was the birth of Jorvandor that made him realize how hollow and empty he was. Mortals weren't the ones purposelessly wandering the world; it was cosmic beings like himself. Though only being able to visit Xagdaron every full moon, he fondly watched as Jorvandor grew into a fine young man under the nurturing paw of his mate.

Still, Yggharla did not understand what love was. Was it giving his "loved ones" what they wanted?

With his vast power, he supplied his family with everything they might need. He even led Jorvandor onto a path of greatness- being the king of a nation named after himself. Jorvandor- the first nation to float in the skies. Yet all of this did not prevent the grief that was to come. One day, his mate died, and Yggharla learnt what it meant to suffer loss. Jorvandor took it even worse.

Ever since his mother's death, Jorvandor became obsessed with ascending to Yggharla's plane of existence. He tried every way, and even Yggharla began to worry about his health. His words fell on deaf ears. So, when things went too far, Yggharla decided to reveal his true form to Jorvandor one day to dissuade him from his attempts. It did not go well.

Jorvandor, traumatized by what he saw, fell into a catatonic state. He refused to eat nor drink, and Yggharla was forced to watch as his son withered away into nothing. A surge of guilt hit the cosmic being hard. He must have not loved them enough. Love was supposed to be a powerful force, able to transcend anything. So, why did his family have to die?

It was a while before Yggharla visited Xagdaron once more, but he finally decided to try again. Another family was created, and Yggharla did his best to love them according to what he understood about the concept. Yet once again, he could not prevent their deaths. More and more families were created. Each one of them had to die, and Yggharla, being the immortal being he was, lived on to see the world change. Jorvandor stood as a nation as scholars, ever-thriving in the skies as the floating kingdom it was despite the tragic fate that befell its founder. In his time living among various mortals, he had learned of many things.

However, perhaps the most jarring thing he had learned was his own hollowness.

Yggharla Na'hub was an eternal being, vast in power and incomprehensible in nature. Yet for all his power, he realized that he was merely a purposeless monster without substance. He outlived the friends he made, the families he had built. He was even a creature of destruction for a time, unfairly ending the lives of mortals and stealing their futures away from them. Yggharla knew he was unforgivable for this, yet time and time again he tried. To this day, every full moon, he's still trying to atone. To fight against the demon that was himself.

Most importantly, Yggharla wanted more than anything to love.
Word count: 1305 words
ShimmerSolarPets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me