~={ Black Flag Rising -- Story for Viscet #1643 }=~

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

~={ Black Flag Rising -- Story for Viscet #1643 }=~

Postby corrosive_limes » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:35 am

~{ Adoption Thread || Main Form || My Post }~
~{ Of Bandits & Pirates || Black Flag Rising || Saint Bernard || An Interview with the Captain }~

~{ Table of Contents wrote:~{ Chapter I ; Razing a Child
~{ Chapter II ; Titanic Plans
~{ Chapter III ; The Enemy of My Enemy
Last edited by corrosive_limes on Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~={ Chapter I -- Razing a Child }=~

Postby corrosive_limes » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:10 am

----- I heard the screams. I heard the shouting. I saw the blood. I saw the cold steel flash in the light of the fire.
    -----But I was frozen in time.
    -----It wasn't real. This couldn't be happening.
    -----They said they'd never leave me.
    ----------They promised.
    -----The spell was broken as a crash sounded from outside. Coming to my sense at last, I ran.
    -----I bolted to the back of the house where the bottom story window was always open and climbed out as fast as I could. When I landed, I didn't look back. I just kept running. I ran until the shouting was only distant thunder. Then I stopped and turned around.
    ----------To this day, it doesn't matter what I do, that will still have been the greatest mistake of my life.
    -----The image of the smoke and flames and bloody snow and bodies sprawled on the ground will forever haunt me for as long as I live.
    -----I didn't pause for long. A minute later I was running again. I had to warn the others. I had to get out.

----------I had to make them pay.
Last edited by corrosive_limes on Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~={ Chapter II -- Titanic Plans }=~

Postby corrosive_limes » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:11 am

-----The five Viscets advanced on me slowly and threateningly. Their toothy grins told me they clearly had no interest in anything I said. I stammered but could no longer find my voice.
    -----I'd never felt fear that intense before.
    -----Was this the end?
    ----------Would I die here?
    -----The answer to both of those questions was apparently "No," as signaled by a vicious growling coming from behind me.
    -----It all happened so fast it's a blur in my memory.
    -----The Viscet I'd been caring for the past two weeks woke up and lunged toward the five Viscets approaching me. He grabbed a knife right out from one of their hands and immediately turned it upon it's previous owner.
    -----I couldn't see all that happened next, but all I remember was it ended when one was stabbed in the chest and two others had deep cuts across their faces and shoulders.
    ----------I've never had friends before, but I think I just found my best one.

~={ === }=~

-----Blade looked at me like I was crazy when I told I wanted to steal a boat, and probably rightfully so.
    -----"Felix, that's insane!" he retorted. "Neither of us have ever even been on a boat before, much less piloted one!"
    -----"Yes, but we can learn," I answered. "And besides, I'd rather go out trying to steal a ship than die a humiliating death at the paws of those traitors."
    -----He sighed and seemed to relent. He still looked skeptical for a moment before busting out into a grin.
    ----------"Y'know what Felix? Fine. Why not? Let's steal a damn boat."
Last edited by corrosive_limes on Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~={ Chapter III -- The Enemy of My Enemy }=~

Postby corrosive_limes » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:20 am

-----"Felix!"
    -----A familiar voice called to me and I looked down to see Blade approaching me.
    -----"Look at the harbor! Hawk-Eye just told me there's a caravan down there of about six or seven wagons."
    -----I looked in the direction he pointed me, and sure enough there it was. In the distance, I could just barely make out the outline of a ring of wagons. Viscets were crawling all over, but I'd been to this port before and knew there were no guards to be seen within a good three mile radius.
    -----"Oh, lucky day!" I exclaimed. "It must be Christmas."
    -----"Felix, it's the middle of summer. Why do you say that?"
    -----I just rolled my eyes. He never gets my jokes.
    ----------"Blade, you silly goose. It's because those wagons are gonna get unwrapped!"
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me