((-- reminiscence | a warrior cat cyoa story...

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

((-- reminiscence | a warrior cat cyoa story...

Postby ossa di cervo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:59 am

XXXXImage
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Something happened a long time ago... but what? Your mind is fogging and the answer is right on the tip of your tongue.
      You must go there, where ever it is your paws are pulling you. Maybe you'll find more like you - seeking answers, confused
      by what your dreams are telling you.. maybe you won't. This journey will be long, tiresome and most of all dangerous.
      Are you willing to take part in this journey that will entail quite a bit of... reminiscence.

Rules !!
        i. all of tess' rules apply here, let's follow 'em y'all.
        ii. this is a first come, first serve. please don't complain if you don't get to choose first.
        iii. respect all the users that may come here as well as the writer, aka, me, please.
        iv. feel free to discuss the story and any ideas you may have to contribute!
note: I own none of the images featured in this thread they're all © by their owners!
I do, however, own the writing and ideas you see here, please do not steal them.
Last edited by ossa di cervo on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

((-- the cats of our story...

Postby ossa di cervo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:13 am

alive !
    caroline ♦ twenty-two moons
      torbie oriental with bright green eyes. previously a kittypet. generally disgusted by this "mission", hates getting her paws dirty, hates meat and feathers.
    sparrow's bones ♦ thirthy-seven moons
      long-furred calico she-cat with dull green eyes. formerly a member of a rouge group. stubborn, opinionated, vain.
    sandpelt ♦ forty moons
      bright ginger tabby she-cat. a warrior of a clan who's joined the journey because of a visit from Starclan. gentle, shy, empathetic
    pebblepaw ♦ eight moons
      jet black she-cat. a medicine cat's apprentice of the same clan as Sandpelt. feisty, eager, loud

deceased...
    cricketmask ♦ eighty-nine moons
      very small brown tabby tom with pale green eyes. previously a medicine cat of an unknown clan. very ominous, gentle, casual and easy-going.
Last edited by ossa di cervo on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

↪ 001: where am I?

Postby ossa di cervo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:03 pm

The long legged she-cat felt like her pelt was about to fall off. For five nights she'd been moving with no more then what would be considered momentary stops to eat or rest her paws. Her previous life as a pampered pet had been left behind and her bleeding, cracked paw pads told the story. Her biggest concern, however, was why she felt this urge to go... somewhere. One day she'd been sitting atop her rickety fence, viewing the pathetic world and the next thing she knew her heart was telling her to run into that world. That world which she'd despised and feared for so long. But why? That question itched in her mind like fleas burrowed into her ears - unrelenting, ruthless and aggravating. She'd wanted to give up so many times and return to her wonderful bed but she couldn't.

It was as the sun rose that morning that she began to feel as if she was surrounded by things she knew. Now that ever present question of why morphed into how. How did she recognize that rock she'd just passed? How was the grass underpaw so comforting and familiar?

The she-cat arrived at a - oh what was it called? "Thunderpath..." she muttered to herself, shocked at her own words. What was a thunderpath? This was a sidewalk. This was the thing that the pinkskin's kit played on all the time, the thing that kept it close to home.

Green eyes scrunched lightly in her confusion but she simply shook her head to clear her thoughts. Maybe all she needed was sleep? The she-cat sighed lightly as she peeled her baffled gaze away from the "thunderpath" and moved back the way she came, into the underbrush. She found a large bush and pushed her way between the branches before settling down on the twigs and dirt. This was nothing like her bed back home. Half resenting herself for taking this mission she sighed yet again as she closed her exhausted eyes and fell asleep.

The female woke to find a presence in front of her. A tiny tom with a brown striped pelt. Wait.. she could see through him? Her heart began to pound in her throat as panic settled in. The brown tabby smiled at her, eyes holding a deep sense of compassion and warmth, "My dear friend... Hello." he spoke toward her.

The elegant she-cat drew her head back, face contorted more in confusion now as opposed to panic, "Friend? I don't know you!" she said.

The tom's green eyes held their warmth and his smile stayed, "No, you wouldn't remember." the pain in his eyes evolved as he muttered, choking on his own words, "Wait for the others and you'll find out who you really are. You'll remember. You must."

"What?" the she-cat asked urgently, "Others? Why am I here? Why are you speaking to me?"

A smile grew back to his face as the pain dissolved, "Caroline. Patience." he bowed his head toward her, "My name is Cricketmask, trust me, you haven't seen the last of me."

A shocked gasp came from Caroline's mouth as she stood up, fur along her spine pointed to the sky. It was daylight once more and the "thunderpath" was alive with cars that zoomed back and forth. It didn't take long for her to hear rustling behind her, "Who's there!?" she demanded.

Who is about to approach Caroline?
      a. Crowpath - a black she-cat. feisty, playful, jokster.
      b. Geyser - a tabby tom kitten. timid, skittish, clumsy
      c. Sparrow's Bones - calico she-cat. stubborn, opinionated, vain.
      d. Talon - brown tabby she-cat. one eye. defensive, motherly, slightly confused
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ((-- reminiscence | a warrior cat cyoa story...

Postby hazilnut » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:20 pm

c.
hazilnut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Katrione » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:37 pm

c.
Katrione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

↪ 002: and you are?

Postby ossa di cervo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:58 am

A calico strode from the underbrush, nose pointed skyward. She carried an air of arrogance that rivaled that of Caroline's and the other female's spine fur instantly ruffled. A spark flew between the two she-cats as the calico's eyes locked with Caroline's and for a moment the air stood still.

"He said I'd find you here." the calico said as she sat on her haunches and began to groom her face.

Caroline's defensive stance dropped immediately, "He?" she questioned, anger growing to curiosity, "Who told you? And who are you?"

An annoyed sigh came from the calico and she rolled her eyes and spoke rather rudely, "Cricketmask. My name is Sparrow's Bones."

Caroline couldn't help herself from swallowing nervously - Sparrow's Bones? What a name. Eventually she managed to speak again after she swallowed her mild fear, "Do you know Cricketmask? Why did he send you here?"

Several long seconds passed as Sparrow's Bones groomed herself, seeming to ignore Caroline. Right as the torbie female opened her jaws the calico locked eyes with her again and the wind was drawn from her lungs, "Of course I don't know Cricketmask, how could I? He was dead." Sparrow's Bones again rolled her eyes, obviously agitated.

Caroline's heart dropped into her stomach... dead? Her stomach dropped down her paws... dead? The world was frozen again as her vision blurred. She could hear her heartbeat in her ears and she had to flex her claws to keep herself from falling over. "Easy there, princess." Sparrow's Bones' voice pipped up causing Caroline to gaze at her with eyes as wide as the moon.

"How could he be dead?" she began to sputter, "He was talking to me last night! He was there, next to me! He can't be dead." she continued, seemingly without taking a single breath, "He isn't de-"

Sparrow's Bones leaped onto Caroline, pinning her thin shoulders under her paws, "Shut. Up." she hissed through her teeth, "He is dead, he was made of stars, you trash-eater."

Slowly Sparrow's Bones released Caroline but only once seemed to be in control of her sense again. The calico made quick work of catching a measly mouse that Caroline quickly scarfed down. Silence settled on them for a long time as Sparrow's Bones began to groom herself yet again and Caroline sat in a semi-pathetic panic.

"So.." she looked back at Sparrow's Bones, "What should we do next?"

What is Sparrow's Bones' response?
      a. "Cross the thunderpath and see where our paws take us."
      b. "Wait here - Cricketmask said we'd find more, maybe he meant we'd find more here."
      c. "Eat. Rest."
      d. "Search this area for scents - maybe we'll find another cat nearby."
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Katrione » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:30 am

a.
Katrione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

↪ 003: don't do it!

Postby ossa di cervo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:41 am

Stay here! the voice in Sparrow's Bones' head screeched in response to Caroline's question. Don't move a muscle, they'll find you here, you must wait for them! Please! Sparrow's Bones bit down on her tongue, staying silent for a moment as she listened to the tom's voice wailing in her mind. Caroline began to approach her, a concerned look on her face when Sparrow's Bones blurted out, "Cross the thunderpath and see where our paws take us." Her dull eyes turned toward the sounds of the road and the roaring beasts thundering back and forth. Her heart pounded at the thought but a member of Sewer's crew didn't back down to a monster. Her claws slid into the dirt and she nodded, "Yeah. We cross." Mouse brain! Do you listen to no one!? the voice wailed again, an agonizing sound that caused Sparrow's Bones to flinch.

"The thunderpath.. are you sure?" Caroline muttered, obviously nervous, "I'll get my paws all dirty and we might even die." she half whispered.

Sparrow's Bones glared at Caroline, "Your paws are bleeding and leaving a trail. I'd rather cross the thunderpath where your stench won't have us followed then sit here and wait."

The delicate she-cat flinched at Sparrow's Bones' intensity but nodded, "You know how to cross these things, right?"

Dull green eyes looked away from Caroline with a heavy sigh, "I wouldn't suggest it unless I could do it, mouse brain."

Without another word Sparrow's Bones moved from the underbrush toward the side of the hot thunderpath. The smell of smoke and gas smacked her in the face, causing her to scrunch up her nose in disgust. Caroline appeared next to her with a gasp, "Oh goodness, this is nasty." she muttered. The other she-cat ignored the comment and continued to focus. Together they watched several of the metal monsters whip past, turning their heads away each time to avoid the dust that stung their eyes. Without warning Sparrow's Bones stood, "Now!" she blurted and began to pelt across the thunderpath. A screech of shock came from Caroline as she dashed after the other cat, two tail lengths behind.

They burst through the underbrush on the other side and Caroline instantly hissed, "You left me behind!"

"Then keep u-" Sparrow's Bones cut herself off as she peered back at the thunderpath. Another cat was pelting across the hot thing a ways down but their gaze shot toward where she and Caroline had vanished, "Who was that?" she muttered. It's another one, you fox dung. I told you to wait. Who knows what they're harboring.

Who is trailing behind Caroline and Sparrow's Bones?
      a. Barktail & Antpaw - a warrior and an apprentice, both toms.
      b. Dawnfrost & Sunpatch - a deputy & warrior pair of siblings. one she-cat one tom.
      c. Sandpelt & Pebblepaw - a warrior and med. cat apprentice, both she-cats.
      d. Fogcloud & Swanfeather - a pair of warriors
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndjaw » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:47 am

C

|
|
|
|
|
╔═════════════════════╗
xx ѕhє/hєr | αdult
xxgo read hunter's unlucky
xxby abigail hilton and
xxmaybe you'll calm down

Imagexxx

╚═════════════════════╝
houndjaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Katrione » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:38 am

c.
Katrione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me