Bradshaw & Tharl - (tryout4NL#20) DNP

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Bradshaw & Tharl - (tryout4NL#20) DNP

Postby Breado » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:09 am

╔═════════════════╗
~Username: Breado
~Names: Bradshaw & Tharl
~Genders: male
~Orientations: straight & bi
~Ages: both young adult
╚═════════════════╝
Last edited by Breado on Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bradshaw

Postby Breado » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:10 am

Bradshaw

+ optimistic
+ caring
+ kind and polite
+ thinks before
he acts
+ understanding
+ "family don't end in blood"
- overprotective
- bottles up his anger
and sadness
- too trusting and
is quick to forgive
- overprotective
- sarcastic

Bradshaw is a kind, caring nagaline who even though is a gentleman, can be quite
awkward at times. He observes before acting and he would do anything to make his loved ones happy, though he can be quite overprotective. He's curious and calm, he rarely raises his voice when frustrated, but he bottles up his anger and sadness, and he's a bit of a clingy nagaline once he becomes friends with someone.
He enjoys long walks, especially if it's with his sweetheart and he likes to raise and care of his cacti at home.
As a hobby, he likes to go on a hike, especially at night and watch the stars while taking a break.
He dislikes others who don't care about one's feelings and
he's still unable to speak in front of a big crowd.

Bradshaw was an ordinary nagaline who was born under the rare Blood Moon, which made it's mark on his tail. As a child, he couldn't understand why others tried to stay away from him, until he heard that the other kids thought he was a demon from his looks. He was quite shy, he often hid his face, especially his eyes, under his long hair because he was afraid that others would think he was a demon like those kids thought.
One time, his mother brought her friend and her friend's daughter over. This was the moment he met his best friend who later became his lover. Soon they were inseparable and the girl stood up for him and helped him defend himself when he was being mocked.

Years later, his girlfriend went missing and was found dead. Brad was so devastated that he went out of his way to bring her back. He made a deal with the devil: the crossroads demon called Tharl brought back Bradshaw's lover but in exchange for this, after a year, Brad had to let Tharl possess him and take over.
Brad agreed and as the year went on, he was too happy with his lover being alive and well that he almost managed to forget the deal. Almost, because he would sometimes catch glimpses of the demon here and there.
When the day came for his part of the deal to be fulfilled, his girlfriend saw the demon take over.
With the demon in charge, Brad became sort of like a ghost, floating beside his own body, unable to feel anything his body feels, like touching something or feeling pain.

The demon and Brad made an agreement: two days a week, Brad gets
to be in control. Two, just so he'll
leave the demon alone about it.

Last edited by Breado on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Tharl

Postby Breado » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:10 am

Tharl

+ diligent
+ loyal
+ curious and energetic
+ patient
+ fun-loving and risk-taking
+ "family don't end in blood"
- rash and quick to judge
- carefree
- manipulative
- cynical
- stubborn
- straightforward and harsh

Tharl is a demon who values being a crossroads demon and other demons like him the most. He's quick to judge and when he has a goal to reach, no one can stand in his way or stop him from achieving it. He likes to joke around and mess with others or mock them for even the littlest things.
He considers collecting rocks his hobby as well as reading books, though he denies the latter because he thinks it'd make him look nerdy.
Tharl likes to sleep on a sofa more than in a bed, he thinks it's more comfortable. He also likes taking care of hellhounds and he loves the smell of old books.
He gets bored easily, dislikes being looked down upon or being ignored and he'd go after anyone who hurts or burns a book.

Before the deal, Tharl was doing his job as a crossroads demon, meaning making deals and thus collecting souls. The old ruler of the Underground was killed and his daughter, Tharl's old friend, took over. Even though they were really good friends, the heir never found Tharl's kind that important and even tried to get him to find a new job, because they're an easy target for demon hunters and their numbers became quite low.
Tharl stands up for what he does and fights for his kind and job. He's trying to get to the queen and either talk her out of her plan or forcefully get her to change her mind.

After hearing the queen's new orders that all crossroads demons shall be exiled or executed in fear of giving out information to hunters, Tharl tried to fight back and failed. He ran away, hiding in the world where nagalines live.
A day or two after he came up from Hell, he heard that someone wanted to make a deal. He got an idea and rushed to make the deal: instead of letting the nagaline, Bradshaw, set a period of time, Tharl gave him one year and then the nagaline had to let him get possessed by Tharl.
He continued hiding until Brad's part of the deal was fulfilled.

Tharl was seen possessing Brad by said nagaline's girlfriend and since he kind of just inserted himself into their lives, the girl is trying to change the demon and beat some kindness and manners into his head in every way she can.
Tharl is slowly learning about Brad's world and though he wouldn't admit it or want it at all, he's slowly starting to get fond of the world above his original home and even though he denies it, he's starting to care more and more about Brad, his lover and friends too.

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

----

Postby Breado » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:16 pm

Some facts:

While out of his body, Brad is basically a ghost: all white, he can
make himself be seen by others but Tharl always sees him.
Same goes for the demon,but he's more like a black shadowy creature who
can do the same thing and is always seen by Brad.

Brad's lover is a bookworm, while Brad himself
could not bring himself to read one. He says they're too time consuming.

Tharl's favorite book is Fahrenheit 451.

Tharl often says that Brad was "touched by the Blood Moon" or call him
"Moon-touched". This is because in the Underground, when the Blood Moon
rises, some baby nagas born under it get marked by the Moon and are
considered to be the possible next king or queen.

In the Underground there are always two rulers, whether a king and
queen, or two queens/kings. When there is only one, those who have
been marked by the Blood Moon get to participate in a competition
of sorts. Well, more like a "last one alive takes the throne" kind.

Tharl fights demons with iron talons, which he stole when he first came
up from the underground. He hid it in a bush at a playground.

Brad and Tharl both love spicy things.

To see see who's in charge, we just need to look at Brad's mouth and eyes:
Tharl likes to stick out his fangs and his pupils become really thin when he's possessed.

Holy smokes, these characters were fun to write!
The nagaline's looks are amazing, I especially love his hair and eyes! When I was making those drawings, I managed to finally learn how to draw hair (sort-of-)properly heheh
I'm just starting out with writing and I'm starting mostly with character descriptions first,
so that's why there are no plus stories ^^
I just hope I was able to get it down well enough! Heheh

The quote beside Brad is from one of the "A series of Unfortunate Events" books and the one beside
Tharl is from "Fahrenheit 451", though I cut off the end of that one so it fits his personality.
The gifs are not mine, but the drawings were made by me!

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me