❛ collect moments, not things. ❜

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

❛ collect moments, not things. ❜

Postby jouska. » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:16 pm

username. acatalepsy. name. si-u. name meaning. start and rain.
age. eighteen. gender. cis male. orientation. demiromantic bisexual.
jouska.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❛ what's in the bag? ❜

Postby jouska. » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:23 pm

short answer?
    • dvd of pulp fiction
    • broken coffee mug
    • vhs tape of twelve angry men
    • two pressed flower cards
    • taxonomy "kit"
      • magnifying glass
      • antivenom injections
      • other important tools
    • field guide
    • log journal
    • pencil case
      • quill and ink set
      • five mechanical pencils w/ stubby eraser ends
      • ten cases of lead (six untouched, three half filled, one empty)
      • brushes
      • water color paint set
    • disposable cutlery
    • prepackaged meals
    • dried apples
    • pouch of exotic herbs and spices
    • snow-proof tent
    • fancy fluffy sleeping bag
    • jar of abra fur
    • survival kit
      • flashlight and batteries
      • knives (seven, since you can never have too many)
      • pump filter and water purification tablets
      • rain poncho
      • ziploc bags of tinder (seven)
      • other important tools
    • extra fancy fluffy clothing
    • shoes (hiking, comfortable, water, lava, etc.)
    • homemade soap
    • portable hot shower
    • language translator
    • identification chip
    • database
    • random currencies/coins/bills

for starter's, si-u carries all of his belongings in a special bag given only to corporate students of his home planet. the fibers come from the ancingung plant, which although normally poisonous, can also be used to extend the longevity of clothing. from a glance, it appears to be a normal bag, however it was made specifically for taxonomy students. when travelling from start system to star system and exploring foreign planets, one must always be prepared for the unexpected. and yet, despite his profession as an aspiring taxonomist, in reality, si-u could not be more disorganized. starting first with the entertainment section would be a dvd of pulp fiction, which he may or may not have stolen from a merchant on cytog. being the only movie he's ever seen, he would like the chance to see it again; if only he can find a dvd player. second would be a cracked, somewhat faded coffee mug which he bought last week. it was most definitely an impulse buy, since he has never had coffee before, and most likely never will, but nonetheless, he continues to carry it around. next is a vhs tape of twelve angry men, which he did not steal. if he were unable to be a taxonomist, he would most certainly pursue a career in the history of human culture, due to his unusual interest in the past civilizations of earth. and while si-u enjoys collecting random junk, he carries with him very few personal items. the one exception would be a pressed flower card from his friend maram who died a few years back in an electrical wiring accident. the majority of his belongings are purely for scientific purposes. his taxonomy kit contains tools ranging from the simple magnifying glass to antivenom injections. thankfully, most of these objects are retractable and expandable, otherwise he would need over ten bags to carry all of his equipment. his most prized possessions, though, would have to be his field guide and log journal, consisting of over a thousand pages and more than a hundred unclassified organisms. si-u's family was quite influential in the development of their planet's space exploration program, and his older brother was one of the first taxonomists. however, that was many years ago and he hasn't been seen since. worst case scenario, and his brother really is dead, si-u would like to make him proud by following in his footsteps. to go with his field guide is a pencil case, containing several different writing and drawing instruments along with exotic inks and paints. the most abundant item in his bag, however, would hands-down have to be forks. you see, he ran out of the edible ones last month, so he's been having to rely on the plastic kind in the meantime. and as for what he eats, it's currently been a mix of prepackaged meals and dried apples. not exactly the most appetizing, so he also carries a small bag of exotic herbs to spice things up. and since he is currently exploring the cyndsworn mountains of naven, where temperatures drop to negative seventy (celsius) at night, he needs to be extra mindful of his sleeping habits. besides the obvious snow proof tent, he also sleeps in a sleeping bag made from the fur of abra. he found a small herd of them once when on vacation in aedux. their coats are extremely soft, not to mention priceless. he keeps a small jar around just in case of emergencies. his second most abundant item would be shoes; you see, you need a different pair of shoes for each type of situation. that means hiking shoes, comfortable shoes, water shoes, and even lava shoes! and in the wilderness, it can often be difficult to find trading posts, so when it comes to personal hygiene, si-u makes his own soap from the secretions of the lamenti, an amphibious-like creature. and while si-u is mostly self-sufficient, he is by no means capable of recreating his one favorite thing the world: a hot shower! when si-u does return to civilization, there are several things he must have on hand. the two must important, however, would be a language translator and method of identification. the former usually comes in the form of a small device which can be attached to the outer ear. there are other methods of communication, such as implantation or a robot guide, however, si-u would rather not go under the knife and he has had a few issues with robots in the past. as for identification, a chip will do just fine. now, there is another useful device known simply as the database, which allows one to find their way around a new planet. simply plug it into the nearest electric port, and voilà, a digital map of your surroundings. all in all, si-u's bag is mostly equipped for adventure and exploration, and while he attempts to prepare himself for every situation, usually one goes by unthought of.
jouska.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me