kalon #1413 {dnp}

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

kalon #1413 {dnp}

Postby Amplify » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:46 pm

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

M A L L O R Y

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

“oh, how unfortunate is she,
the one named m a l l o r y...

forseen, or perhaps cursed was she,
to be so ill fated at birth—n e v e r f r e e.

oh, to be such as she....
how painful a twisted r e a l i t y.”

[mallory - french “unfortunate/ill-fated”]
[female - she/her pronouns]

[ table of contents.]
[ original post.]
Last edited by Amplify on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amplify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

table of contents.

Postby Amplify » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:47 pm

table of contents
i. intro.
ii. table of contents. //you are here//
iii. t h e. b a s i c s.
iv. d i g g i n g. d e e p e r.
v. a t. t h e. h e a r t.
vi. f a v o r i t e s.
vii. prologue. destined for disaster.
viii. chapter one. a fate so cruel.
ix. chapter two. drowning in this cursed reality.
x. chapter three. revenge is a dish best served deadly, isn't it?
xi. chapter four. a light in the darkness.
xii. epilogue. may this joy never fade.
Last edited by Amplify on Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Amplify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

t h e. b a s i c s.

Postby Amplify » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:10 am

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ᴍᴀʟʟᴏʀʏ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

[ nicknames ] ≡ [ none ]
[ gender ] ≡ [ female ]
[ age ] ≡ [ time is relevant, age is inconsequential ]
[ sexuality ] ≡ [ loves based on the heart & mind, not the body ]

[ occupation ] ≡ [ witch ]
[ powers ] ≡ [ natural ]
[ type ] ≡ [ both light and dark arts; best at dark arts ]
[ tools ] ≡ [ power focusing crystal on a necklace ]
[ weapons ] ≡ [ her powers ]

[ accessories ] ≡ [ crystal pendant necklace; leather bracelet set ]
[ clothing ] ≡ [ witch’s hat; occasionally a robe ]
Last edited by Amplify on Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:11 am, edited 7 times in total.
Amplify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

d i g g i n g. d e e p e r.

Postby Amplify » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:01 pm

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █▐▐
█ █▐▐
█ █▐▐
█ █▐▐
█ █▐▐
█ █▐▐
█ █▐▐
█ █▐▐
█ █▐▐
█ █▐▐
█ █▐▐
█ █▐▐
█ █▐▐
█ █▐▐
█ █▐▐
█ █▐▐
█ █▐▐

xxx
xxx

[ likes ] ≡ [ gardening; learning new spells; creating spells; making potions; reading; writing; cooler weather; snow; rain ]
[ dislikes ] ≡ [ lying; unnecessary violence; bullies; pollution; extremely hot weather ]

[ strengths ] ≡ [ spell casting; potion making; healing; dark arts; learning new things; strategizing ]
[ weaknesses ] ≡ [ physical combat; handling her emotions (used to be); can be easily distracted if not interested in whatever she’s doing/in who she’s talking with; can be clumsy with everyday things (tripping over her own feet when simply walking to get some water, etc) ]

[ hobbies ] ≡ [ gardening; creating new potions and medicines; making jewelry/objects out of scrapped materials ]

xxx
xxx
xxx

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by Amplify on Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Amplify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

a t. t h e. h e a r t.

Postby Amplify » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:50 pm

▩ ════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════ ▩
┊‖⋮
┊‖⋮
┊‖⋮
┊‖⋮
┊‖⋮
┊‖⋮
┊‖⋮
┊‖⋮
┊‖⋮
┊‖⋮
┊‖⋮
┊‖⋮
┊‖⋮
┊‖⋮
⋮‖┊
⋮‖┊
⋮‖┊
⋮‖┊
⋮‖┊
⋮‖┊
⋮‖┊
⋮‖┊
⋮‖┊
⋮‖┊
⋮‖┊
⋮‖┊
⋮‖┊
⋮‖┊
⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

[ + personality ] ≡ [ intelligent; creative; adaptive; dedicated ]
[ = personality ] ≡ [ powerful; determined; respectful ]
[ - personality ] ≡ [ pessimistic; slow to anger but when she’s angry... watch out ]

[ fears ] ≡ [ being abandoned; fire ]
[ habits ] ≡ [ mumbling to herself; counting the individual flower buds in her garden when she’s worried ]
[ medical conditions ] ≡ [ anxiety ]

xxx
xxx
xxx

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
▩ ════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════ ▩
Last edited by Amplify on Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:17 am, edited 6 times in total.
Amplify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

f a v o r i t e s.

Postby Amplify » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:11 pm

❂ ☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷ ❂
⁞⁞⁞⁞
⁞⁞⁞⁞
⁞⁞⁞⁞
⁞⁞⁞⁞
⁞⁞⁞⁞
⁞⁞⁞⁞
⁞⁞⁞⁞
⁞⁞⁞⁞
⁞⁞⁞⁞
⁞⁞⁞⁞
⁞⁞⁞⁞
⁞⁞⁞⁞
⁞⁞⁞⁞
⁞⁞⁞⁞
⁞⁞⁞⁞
⁞⁞⁞⁞
⁞⁞⁞⁞
⁞⁞⁞⁞

[ favorite color ] ≡ [ golden yellow ]
[ favorite flower ] ≡ [ dahlia seattle ]
[ favorite season ] ≡ [ autumn/fall ]

[ favorite fruit ] ≡ [ mango ]
[ favorite snack ] ≡ [ fruit salad ]
[ favorite dessert ] ≡ [ fresh chocolate chip cookies ]

[ favorite sport ] ≡ [ none ]
[ favorite game ] ≡ [ matching games ]
[ favorite art mode/medium ] ≡ [ 3d; clay ]

[ favorite type of book ] ≡ [ mystery ]
[ favorite type of music ] ≡ [ anything calm/serene ]
[ favorite type of movie ] ≡ [ doesn't watch them often ]
Last edited by Amplify on Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amplify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

prologue. destined for disaster.

Postby Amplify » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:02 pm

“it was on a day not unlike most, just another summer afternoon truly, when it all began. I know that concept sounds cliché, but that's merely because there is no simpler nor better way to describe days like that day. completely normal, completely innocent... only not really. its funny really, honestly laughable, just how easily the greatest tragedies can occur right under people's noses. how people, walking from point a to point b, can be completely unaware of anything amiss. who honestly knows, perhaps it can even be described as incredible, how it can be perceived as just another tuesday... well, for me, on this particular tuesday, my life started and promptly took a wrong turn off a cliff.”

~~~~~~~~~~

gggaaaaahhhhhpush! push, you can do it!shut! up! I know what to, gggaaaahcongratulations on your baby girl, miss sinclaire! it was on an average summer day, tuesday to be precise, that mallory was born. it was also on that same tuesday that she was supposed to be abandoned in a dark alleyway, left to rot like a piece of trash. yes, wonderful. now you know what to do, get rid of it. I don't care where or how, I cannot stand to look at that abomination any longer. but- but miss sinclaire, she's your daughter?

unfortunately for her, fate was not feeling generous that day. perhaps it was that she resembled her father a bit too much, or that she was too much apart of him for miss sinclaire to bare look at. that- that thing is no daughter of mine! if I am to have any future, it needs to go. we've only just managed to cover this whole incident with the illness story. or maybe, just maybe, it was because the kit's poor excuse of father ran the moment he heard she was going to exist, leaving the sinclaire's family to deal with the aftermath.

at least give her a name miss; how terrible for her to go without even a name... it was at this moment the kit began to cry, seemingly knowing what was going on around her. at the very least she seemed to recognize the darkness hanging in the air as her life was being discussed. it was lucky she did. for it was because of this cry, this tug of emotions, which tipped the balance in her favor, though not in the way you'd expect.

you honestly think I- you know what, fine. you want a name, then call it mallory. a dreadful name for a dreadful thing. it's the most unfortunate thing to ever happen to me, and ought to have a fitting name. now go! I cannot bare to hear that incessant crying any longer. the hateful voice spurred the young maid to action, and she left the room with the kit in a rush. but she didn't stop at the garbage, nor any other dark and damp alleyway. instead she took the small, frail thing to an orphanage, leaving her with a note that merely said 'mallory' in a messy scrawl.
Amplify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

chapter one. a fate so cruel.

Postby Amplify » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:19 pm

luck truly never was in favor of little mallory. the orphanage she was dropped off at was both overfilled and under-funded, like too many unfortunately. there was no room, food, water, attention, or love to spare for the small thing, yet there she was. then again, there weren't any other options. every orphanage in the area was in much the same position, with more kits coming in than leaving, and often times those that left came back sooner or later.

but like they must, the caretakers and kits made do with what they could. mallory was just another kit, no more or less special than the others. another mouth to feed too little, another kit to cram into whatever corner they could find. they knew it would only get worse when she grew up, eventually requiring more food more space... more than what they were capable of offering. luckily kits were the easiest to get rid of, and often times they weren't returned. at least not to the same orphanage, and at this point that's the most the caretakers could ask for.

so, without looking to carefully at records or identification, they quickly gave the kit away to the first to ask for her, all before registering her into the system. so legally she's no longer their problem, and for that matter never was. it was a sad thing, and in the prime of the lives of those overseeing the orphanage that would never have happened. unfortunately they had lived long and withering lives, and they knew that they could only do so much. so, sometimes they had to turn the other way, and hope to survive another day.
Amplify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

chapter two. drowning in this cursed reality.

Postby Amplify » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:16 pm

mallory was falling. no, not in the physical sense like falling down the stairs. her falling was but a metaphor for how her mental health was plummeting. then again, it hadn't ever been that high in the first place. yet still, this was a low new even to her. everything in her life was abysmal. well, perhaps that wasn't entirely true. there were a few exceptions to this statement, and were the only things keeping her from crashing straight through rock bottom and disappearing into who knows what lies below.

one of those said exceptions was her magic, which she took admittedly long to recognize and come to terms with. it started with a few flickering lights and random things falling whenever her emotions got out of hand. in her defense, these such incidents were few and far between. thus, it took awhile to realize that it all wasn't just a coincidence. lucky for her no one was ever present for these times, or aren't intelligent enough to connect the dots.

upon realizing it though, she attempted to do it all intentionally, to no avail. so instead she took to searching in unlikely places for clues on how to use the power. she knew nothing on the matter would be found in traditional places by traditional means, thus she had to get creative. she searched high and low through weird trinket shops, the underground markets which toed the line of legal and illegal more than she liked, and small old bookstores. it just so happened that she struck gold one day while searching through such a bookstore; an old, leather bound spell book. looking back, the lady behind the counter had given her an awfully suspicious grin as she sold her the book, not to mention selling it for half the price she'd expected. it was unsettling to say the least, but appreciated. she had to work hard for every penny she had, and didn't really have much to spare for extra things like a potentially false spell book for witches.

at least she had a (relatively) permanent roof over her head which she didn't directly have to pay for. then again, this meant she was stuck under the supervision of her "mother" miss tanya and her "aunt" miss sophia, two sisters who couldn't care less about her unless she did something wrong. and by their standards wrong included walking too loud or being out of her room for anything more than food, bathroom, or traveling to either of said places. they preferred to pretend she didn't exist other than for the tax returns and monthly checks they got for caring for her; though she herself didn't mind this arrangement in the slightest. perhaps if they were nicer, or if she was a bit more extroverted, then it would bother her. but they weren't and she wasn't, and so she learned how to keep herself practically invisible.

and to be honest, she actually quite enjoyed the silence, independence, and alone time she received. it made studying magic far easier than it would've been otherwise. from the moment she got to her room on the day she bought the spell book, until now, she had dedicated next to all of her free time into studying magic. if it wasn't schoolwork, actual work, or the occasional reading, then it was training herself in the so called "dark arts". really a lot of it wasn't exactly illegal or dangerous, it just wasn't the goodie-two shoes solutions to problems. coddling and crying never really worked for Mallory, and these newfound answers to her problems weren't making them any more appealing than they were before she had other viable options.

in fact, the more she learned, the more she wanted to act. no more ignoring the taunts and jeers, no more sitting back while others unwelcomely made her decisions for her, and no more not knowing. she needed to find out what happened, who she was, why she had been abandoned. she knew she wasn't related to either of her caretakers from the start, and found out long ago which orphanage she came from. unfortunately, all she could get from there was that she was left by someone unknown with only a paper saying her name was mallory. each failure hastened her fall to despair, the sad emptiness tearing her apart and replacing everything outside of it with a steadily growing rage.

one day, she did find the answers she was looking for. who knew the very maid who had saved her would be alive and capable of recognizing her abnormal eyes, and be so willing to answer all of her questions. with each answer, the sorrow gained more and more control, fueling the rage to grow tenfold each passing moment. she stormed away from the maid before she could finish, not wanting to risk killing an innocent bystander in her growing anger. later, with a lot of self reflection, came many a thought, many an idea, and perhaps the beginnings of a plan. a plan to ensure those who had caused her life to come to this would feel the pain she felt and regret what they'd done. too bad she left before the maid could finish her tale, and maybe this story could've taken a different turn. but with every second, stones fell into place, sealing the future brick by brick.
Amplify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

chapterthree.revenge is a dish best served deadly, isn't it?

Postby Amplify » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:32 am

she had expected to have to track down each of her parents separately, only to find that they weren't as separated as she had been led to expect. which left her reeling and honestly unsure as to what was worse. had they been together all along, and just got rid of her because they didn't like her? or had they gotten back together at some point after the fallout, and forgot she even existed?

to top it off, she found out fairly quickly that she wasn't the only child that had come from them. figures that she'd have two younger siblings, those of which came from them but were never given up for adoption. they were kept, never abandoned. they never had to go through all of the things she did. no care in the world, all the money and toys and love they could imagine.

'why. why them. what did I do—no, why, why did I never get this? why did they give me up? why me why me w h y...'

all this did was act as fuel for her ever growing rage and sorrow. she felt it at every moment, with every breath, waiting. waiting to burst forth and burn everything and everyone that hurt her or tried to get in her way. for a moment the thought passed her mind: how could anyone be so cruel. and then she started to laugh. she knew exactly how cruel people could be, she herself had seen it time and time again first hand. they were no different, honestly what was she expecting? heck, they probably thought she was dead. a problem they didn't have to deal with. well well well, they couldn't be more wrong. fools they were; to have had no idea what was coming for them. then again, even if they did they still wouldn't stand a chance.

if life wasn't going to give her her happily ever after, she'd just have to take it by force.

~~~~~~~~~~

it was all working out splendidly so far, everything going according to plan. there they were, all waiting in the far corner the park. a park that which no one ever visited, with the only neighbors being people who wouldn't flinch at the sound of screaming. she almost laughed outright at how out of place they looked; so clean and refined compared to the unkept grass and weeds and trash that littered the area.

it was more funny really, just how easy it was. all it took was a message, sent through the maid, stating that she wanted to meet them. that she had met the maid by chance and had been recognized, and found out that they were alive. she told them that she wanted to 'get to know her family after all this time' and that 'they'd have to meet her at x location at x time or else her current guardians would get mad at her'. which, admittedly, was at least partially true; if her guardians had any idea of what she was doing that is. but they didn't and thus weren't a problem, and luckily it was enough to get this bunch of wealthy scumbags here, alone, and ripe for the pickings. it really was too easy.

unfortunately, what wasn't easy were the growing feelings of doubt and was.. was that guilt? she had nothing to feel guilty of, they were the ones in the wrong. still, she knew what she was doing in turn was just as wrong. just because they had hurt her doesn't mean she should hurt them. sure she was still sad and admittedly more than just a little angry at everything, but she was better than that, better than them...

'I hate them, I really really do.. but I can't do this. its not the kits fault what their parents did to me, they likely had no idea I even existed until now... why should I force unto them what was forced upon me? as terrible of parents I think they are, the kits don't seem to have want for anything. they are cared for; loved. I should never have come.'

with that, it was decided. wrapping her cloak around her tighter, she began to turn away, prepared to pretend as if she had never found them in the first place. it was time for her to let go; revenge would never make her feel any better. the only way to overcome the sadness was to do what she could to find her own happiness in the world. however, before she had managed a step away, a pair of eyes caught her own uniquely spiraled pair, and a single voice sounded out. all that was said was a single word, so foreign and yet...

mallory?
Amplify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me