♚Kalon #1413 Entry Form♚ (DNP)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

♚Kalon #1413 Entry Form♚ (DNP)

Postby kolyakun » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:12 am

┌─────────────────┐
username; Kolyakun
name; Morgan aka "Sinner"
gender; Male
Coping Mechanism; Blood Magic

Navigation:
Adopt Page
table of contents - You are here!
Aesthetics
What's in My Bag?
Part 1: Expulsion
Part 2: Training
Relationships
Map of Ridserra
art
thank you
└─────────────────┘
┌─────────────────┐
Playlist:
Bloody Mary - Lady Gaga
Sinner - Trevor Moran
Let it rock - Kevin rudolf
Diary of jane - breaking Benjamin
Worst in me - Unlike Pluto
Grace - You Don't Own Me (ft. G-Eazy) (Candyland Remix)
Control - Halsey
Breaking the habit- linkin park
MISSIO - I Don't Even Care About You
└─────────────────┘
Last edited by kolyakun on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:43 am, edited 11 times in total.
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♚General info + Aesthetics♚

Postby kolyakun » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:36 am

┌─────────────────┐
+ Likes & Dislikes -
+Magic
+Blood Magic
+Power
+forest/woodlands
+plants

-Family
-Ridserra School of Magic
-looking weak
-Small Spaces
-Crying
-Sweet Foods
└─────────────────┘
┌─────────────────┐
Name: Morgan
Nickname: Sinner
AU: Wizard/Magic
Class: Wizard/Mage
Title: Enchanter, Magister
Specialization: Theurgy/Blood Magic
Affiliation: Ridserra School of Magic (formerly)
└─────────────────┘

FULL MOODBOARD

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

[ COLORS ]
Green. black. white. silver. gold. grey. metallic. matte. charcoal grey. forest green. violet. navy cream. mint green. pale jade..

[ ELEMENTS ]

earth. moon. stars. moonlight. dusk. twilight. midnight. sunset.

[ WEAPONS ]
dagger. spear. poison. knives. traps. staffs. wands. powers. magical items. magic. claws. stealth. strategy. summoning an ally.

[ MATERIALS ]
gold. diamonds. emeralds. wood. fur. leather. charcoal. blood. dirt. smoke. ash. shadow.

[ NATURE ]
grass. leaves. trees. bark. meadow. forest. caves. clouds. mountains. pond.

[ ANIMALS ]
Wolves. owls. snakes. spiders.. cats. praying mantises. crows. ravens. mice. dragons. ladybugs.

[ FOODS / DRINKS ]
salt. wine. champagne. coffee. tea. spices. herbs. meat.

[ HOBBIES ]
gardening. smithing. sketching. fighting. cooking. baking. sewing. training. self-defense. war tactics. books. woodwinds. bells. sleeping. climbing. running. studying. people watching.

[ MISC ]
dark. candles. decay. war. money. power. journal. madness. sadness. realism. pessimism. loneliness. enemies. autumn. winter. countryside.
Last edited by kolyakun on Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♚What's in Morgan's Bag?♚

Postby kolyakun » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:56 am

What exactly is in Morgan's Bag?

Every Magister has items that mean something to them! In Morgan's case, he only carries the essentials!

•• ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ••

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
Blood Magic Spell Book

How are you gonna know what you're doing without a spell book! Blood magic has some seriously complicated spells. The book is tattered and old...doesn't look like its been touched in years! It's not everyday you see someone casting a blood magic spell, now is it?
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════╝
spacing
spacing
spacing

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Letters from Home

for someone who pretends he doesn't care and is above all others he does have a...sort of soft spot for him family despite what he says. If you ask about these letters he'll say he's been meaning to get rid of them but the truth is he can't let go just yet.
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════╝

spacing
spacing
spacing

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Ink and Quill

Ah the good old Ink and Quill, there was no texting in the middle ages so this was the way to communicate! You can never go wrong with a good ol' letter to your good friend! and the best part, no spell check!
╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
spacing
spacing
spacing
spacing
spacing
spacing
spacing

╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Vials of Blood

No need to fret! No one was intentionally hurt to harvest the blood! The blood within the vials is animal blood from carcasses left behind by predators. This is the key ingredient in blood magic of course!
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
spacing
spacing
spacing
spacing
spacing

spacing
spacing

spacing
spacing

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Empty Vials

Just a little something extra in case there are some rare herbs or ingredients to harvest for potion making and spell casting. you can never go wrong with a little extra!
╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
spacing
spacing

spacing
spacing

spacing
spacing

╔══════════════════════════╗
Knife

Ever lose your wand of staff in a battle and need to defend yourself another way? Need to cut some plant life out of the way? It's always handy to carry a knife on hand! especially as a blood mage, so many uses!
╚══════════════════════════╝
spacing

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Liquid Lyrium

Lyrium is an extremely dangerous yet valuable ore. It is only able to be harvested by Dwarves since they hold a resistance against it's dangerous power. Lyrium in it's raw state (Liquid) is used to enchant items and when diluted and ingested is thought to strengthen any mage, especially that of a blood mage.
╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
spacing
spacing

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Gold pieces

Things ain't free no matter the time period or universe you're in! Things are expensive so ya gotta have that good gold on ya! especially for magical and enchanted items!
╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Last edited by kolyakun on Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♚Part 1: Expulsion♚

Postby kolyakun » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:18 am

╒══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════ ⋙

Some people say I'm evil, but I say I'm just wired differently. Others look at a mouse and see something cute, but I see something I can use...nothing more than an extension of my magic. I am a visionary with a dream, a passion. But just because it's a little out of the ordinary people deem it wrong.

I don't care what you think of me as long as you obey. I acknowledge that I have odd methods, but they work. The best thing that ever happened to me was being expelled from Ridserra. It was obvious to me then that I was superior and better off without that pathetic school anyways. I feel pity for them, trapped in the classroom learning all the things everyone knows when they could all be so much more... I know if I don't save them with the wonders of death they will die in the horror of life.
⋘ ══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛

The sweet smell of decaying plant matter and rain mingled with the cool and gentle breeze as it blew gently through the open classroom window, staining the air as if warning them all, but of what? Ms Petrov stood before her class and clapped her hands together with excitement, catching the attention of her students as they all stood, chairs and desks had been pushed off to the sides of the room while a long deep green carpet split the centre.

“Ah, class! This is my favourite time of the semester, duels!” The excitement was clear on her face and she held back a small squeal, walking up and down the carpet with purpose, eyes falling to each and every one of her precious students. The room was filled with many emotions, some, such as Matthias were worried, the boy dressed in blue, quietly huddling behind another, the subtle tangling of their hands something she knew not to bring attention to... Others were excited and then there was one other...

There was something lingering in the air, it made her shudder, trying to gauge who was having such strong and vial emotions... Hesitating for a minute she considered the option of calling the duels off, but there were obviously people excited for what was to come, not to mention the ability to push those who needed it.

“We have many capable magisters in this room, is there anyone who would like to go first?” She asked cautiously, eyes waiting patiently for a volunteer, before watching as Morgan had stood up rather quickly, the aura of fear following after him, thick and black like tar, threatening to suffocate everyone around him.

“Ms Petrov, I think I am a worthy candidate.” He spoke, a smile gracing his face, hidden intentions behind his smile, pausing briefly as she considered her options, she merely nodded watching him walk up to stand beside her. It would be fine, this was only training, they'd have ground rules set in place.

“Alright, anyone willing to go up against Morgan here? Matthias?” Her gaze set on the smaller of two boys as he had tried his best to hide behind the large worn hat as well as the frightening glare of the boy whose hand he held, but it was no use. She had already decided. It would be good for him, she reasoned to herself, he needed to push himself and who else besides Morgan who was nothing but cocky. All he had to do was get one hit in.

“S-sure” He responded, a faux smile spreading over his face as he moved away from the crowd and over towards his teacher, standing on the opposite side to Morgan. Both briefly shaking hands before the two young wizards strode over to the opposite end of the classroom. They were both talented, she knew that. Mattias just needed a boost in confidence whereas Morgan needed to take a step down from the pedestal he had placed himself on.

The two students stood about 15 feet apart on opposite sides of the green carpet. Matthias drew his wand, obviously nervous about the duel that was about to take place. Everyone had heard rumours about Morgan and they weren't wrong, it was as if he were 15 feet tall, not 15 feet away, dark shadows loomed over him as the staff in his hand glowed and flickered, untapped power and potential slowly seeping into his body.

“You look a little tense there, Matthias. Don’t worry, I’ll try and go easy on you.” Morgan teased, eyes trailing over his staff, his magical item had been handcrafted with meticulous detail and skill, the staff itself was from a tree out of his backyard, fashioning it from a young age, upon the top was a glowing green orb, twigs from the tree keeping it in place. It was nothing special, a mere decoration until Morgan himself touched it. Spiralling down from the orb came plant growth, wrapping around the young wizards hand and arm, there was no fear about him as the staff physically clung to him.

“Ah, how wonderful! This is going to be great. Now I should set some rules so-”

Before Ms Petrov could finish her sentence, Morgan slammed his staff against the ground. The floor of the classroom rumbled. Large vines emerged quickly through the floor, knocking many of the students off their feet, others scattering as shrieks of shock and horror had them all rooted in place.

Morgan had ignored his professor, starting the duel with a commanding stance. He held himself confidently, gripping his glowing staff as the floor split and cracked. Chunks of marble flooring being shifted and the green carpet tearing as the plant life slithered its way over to Matthias, spiralling up his leg before he was able to comprehend what was going on. The fear in his eyes was everything Morgan dreamed for it to be.

“Morgan!” Matthias cried, his eyes becoming glassy with tears as he had knelt to claw at the vines in a pathetic attempt to get them off. “Please Morgan! You’re scaring me!” Matthias cried out again in agony as the vines gripped tighter. Morgan wore a sinful grin on his face, unable to stop what he was doing as he watched the vines, they'd leave marks for sure, with every protest against them they wrapped tighter, it would have been better for him to stay still... What a shame, really. He had quite an interesting ability.

“Morgan! Enough, you’ll hurt him!” Ms Petrov yelled as she carefully made her way across the floor, being certain of every placement, eyes trained on the power-hungry boy as he refused to back down, looking to Mattias she gasped, watching as the vines wrapped around the boy's throat, weak sobs shaking his entire body as his ability to defend himself was taken away from himself, breathing becoming shallow. Red lightning bursting from the crowd to pause the vines briefly, looking back to see that same boy from before as others had held him back.

“Enough.” She said in a stern tone, regaining her ability to move, a flick of her wrist sent blue flames from the tip of her wand, devouring the plant life as it shrivelled up, sending it back where it came from, relaxing as she watched it slowly pull away from around Matthias' being, the boys hands to his throat as deep breathing and nervous sobs filled the silence in the room, eyes all turning from the boy on the floor over to the other who had remained unmoved from his point in the room.

“How dare you! That was extremely unsafe and completely uncalled for, you could have killed him, Morgan! You could have injured everyone in this class with that little stunt you pulled” She exclaimed, tears threatening to escape, she knew it, in her heart that something was wrong, that allowing him to fight would result in something catastrophic, but she could never imagine this.

“I can’t look at you, go to the headmaster’s office, he’ll deal with you himself.” She sighed, walking over carefully through cracked floors and rotting plants towards Matthias and the crowd of students who had surrounded him almost instantly.

Morgan glared at his classmates, eyes burning with hatred as they cooed and coddled the weak, it was pathetic, he couldn't even fight back, what would he have done were it a real fight? Screwing up his face he turned, head held high as he left the classroom, after all, there was no shame in winning. That was what he had done in the end, he had won. 'Could have killed him.' she said... had it been a real fight he would have won, easily.
“It's fine, they obviously don’t know power when they see it, I should be being praised right now... I'm sure the headmaster will agree.”

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Morgan stepped into the headmaster’s office, holding himself in a proper manner, hands behind his back as he leant his staff against the wall next to him, holding eye contact with the man in front of him as he finished paperwork, letting his eyes wonder briefly before having his attention stolen as the headmaster had cleared his throat and stood up, his presence demanding respect which Morgan gave willingly. After all, not everyone could become a headmaster of such a school as Ridserra without power.

“I’m sure you know why you’re here, Mr Pentaghast.” The Headmaster furrowed his brows, word had spread quickly to his office, the visualisation of the duel that had happened, the damages to the room itself...

“I don’t know what I did wrong, sir,” Morgan responded, wearing a blank expression, remorseless for what he has done to Matthias, his head tipping. He had expected praise from the headmaster, instead, there was... anger, disappointment and fear lacing his words. He enjoyed the feeling of one of those...

“You seriously harmed a student, and you see nothing wrong with that?” The headmaster raised his thick eyebrows, focusing closer on Morgan as his facials remained unchanged, there was nothing there, no emotions, no empathy, no sympathy.

“No sir, I was demonstrating my power.” “You know, that’s not how we operate here, Morgan. You completely ignore your professor, you put everyone at risk, you acted irrationally and you haven't even considered the option of apologising to anyone in your class, have you? We don't need students like that in our school, Morgan.” “Wait, sir? What are you implying?”

Morgan began to worry, he was sure the headmaster would side with him, the weak needed to get stronger, the strong needed to push the weak to do better and yet here he was, the strongest one in the school, bending to the will of the weak without hesitation. It made him sick.

“I’m saying I don’t need madmen drunk on power attending my school.” “B-but sir! You’re making a mistake!” “I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong, this isn’t the first time I’ve had to deal with you on the topic of your magical abilities, Morgan. I think you understand what I’m getting at now.” “Headmaster, please...reconsider.” “Morgan, I’m not going to argue with you. Pack up your things, I want you out of here by tomorrow, understand?” “Sir!”

Morgan's voice raised, standing up from his chair, moving over to the desk, hands slamming down against the wood. This couldn't be happening and yet, here he was.

"The paperwork has been done, Morgan. I expect your room to be clear by this time tomorrow. That's final." The headmaster spoke, voice level and careful, hand briefly gazing the boy's shoulder before walking off, closing the door behind him and ultimately ending the conversation.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Morgan arrived home, slamming the door behind him as he dropped his bags, taking a few seconds to readjust to his surroundings. Balling his hands into fists as his face screwed up, this was the exact opposite of where he wanted to be. Tears pooled in his eyes, threatening to fall at any moment as his breathing quickened, static noise filled his ears and bright flashing colours blinded him. His world had flipped upside down, everything was foreign and strange. With each step, the world moved quicker, everything blurring around him as he mindlessly walked towards his room.

The smell, the feeling, the atmosphere, everything had disappeared. Pausing as he entered his room, squeezing his eyes shut as he walked back against the door, hearing it click behind him he slid down it, completely and utterly defeated. Swallowing hard his eyes stung, his stomach churning as everything finally processed, realisation hitting him like a brick, with one tear the floodgates had opened, looking to his hands as tears began to pool within them instead, his heart raced, moving his hands to pull at his hair as he sobbed, strangled noises escaped his lips as with each breath more tears fell, trying to calm down only made it harder. His breathing shallowed but raced, only letting small amounts of air into his body, the ringing in his ears grew more and more persistent and darkness clouded his vision. Everything was hurting. His chest, his head, his heart.

'How could they? ... How dare they?' He thought, eyes squeezing shut as he willed the tears to stop. Body wrapping in on itself as his head settled between his knees, glaring down at the floor as if it had done him wrong and yet the tears still persisted.

'I'll show them, I'll show them what they lost... I'll show them all... Starting with that rat, Matthias.'

[2274 Words]
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♚Part 2: Training♚

Postby kolyakun » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:29 am

During Morgan’s time away from school he spent a lot of it in his parents library. They had moved since he joined Ridserra which ultimately meant he had an entire estate to himself, them being off in their second home out in the country. He spent his time reading, studying multiple different kinds of magic and conjuring up ways to become stronger. Dust collected everywhere, as far as the eye could see, spider webs wove loosely around books, dirtied shelves, and stands. There were row after row of neatly lined up books with their spines facing outward, each section arranged in alphabetical order.

One book in particular had caught his eye. Hand running down the spine of the dusty old book, revealing the title, “Blood Magic”. Bound in red leather, cracked and dry with age, the thin volume smelt faintly of pipe tobacco, the kind his father smoked, and dust. The pages within were brittle and what remained of the book’s original stitching was barely holding it together. Delicately, Morgan opened the beaten cover of the leather book and flipped to the first page.

A faint scrawl on the inside of the cover declared that the book had originally belonged to his great, great grandfather, whom was a powerful mage. Morgan looked over to the next page, eyes scanning the slightly fading word as he devouver the information hungrily. He was starved for education and this, seemed like a good of place as any to start satisfying that hunger.

‘Blood magic, first and foremost, is the practice of using blood—life itself—as a potent fuel for casting spells.’

“Alright…” Morgan hummed, head tipping to the side as he processed it before nodding and continuing on, the first sentence itself had caught his attention, so there was no question that the rest of the book would also be just as intriguing. Morgan had only been told stories about
blood magic, it’s not a type that is taught in schools, for obvious reason, so he’d never had the chance to try it.

Morgan read further down the page: ‘This life may be supplied by either the mage or sacrifices, whether willing or unwilling. As such, the use of blood magic often allows a mage to cast spells that would otherwise be beyond the abilities of any mage.’

“Beyond the abilities of any mage, huh? We’ll have to see about that.” Morgan smirked and closed the book, tucking it away in his bag before heading out of the house. His mind was absent of the dark thoughts that had been running through his mind meer moments ago. He felt like he had another purpose, the purpose to study and get stronger, stronger than any wizard, stronger than any witch or mage known to man. He was going to become the most powerful blood mage and no one would be able to stop him.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

The next morning at the break of dawn Morgan packed a small satchell, fleeing into the woods in order to practice and collect the essential materials for his new found hobby. He read the book religiously, eagerly trying to learn new spells and how to masterfully wield this new found power.

Flipping through the pages, he stopped on the materials page. It listed the multiple materials he needed in order to properly control such a powerful magic.

Blood, of course. That was a given. Liquid Lyrium, that itself was going to be tricky. Lyrium in its raw state is only able to be handled by dwarves since they hold a natural resistance to the powerful product. In order to get his hands on the ore, he’ll have to head into the mining Capital of Ridserra, Shoofrora.

Heading back in the direction of his home to gather his things, his determination unwavering as he threw the front door open, walking straight to the kitchen to collect the necessary items that would allow him to comfortably travel to Shoofrora. He threw extra food, small jugs of water and extra gold pieces into his bag along with a few empty vials his father had stored, a faint red tinge around the base of them. Looking at the vials with a snicker before putting them into his bag, they were used once before, they’d probably be used again. His father wouldn’t miss them. Fastening his staff to his back he slung the bag over his shoulder, leaving the house.

Surly the hike would take at least three days by foot but could be cut in half if he took a mount with him.

Making his way over to the stables, he approached the stall door of a gentle clydesdale. She was his pride and joy. With soft eyes that he could stare into forever, falling, but at the same time so still, they reflected promise. A heart made of love, slender profile, and a gorgeous sleek black coat. Leaning forward he rested his forehead against her muzzle.

“C’mon, girl. Let’s go.” Morgan whispered, before pulling back, throwing a lead around the mare’s neck, leading her into the centre of the small stable to be tacked and ready for their long trek. She seemed excited, like she knew they were going on a grand adventure, it made him smile, just a little. Her excitement was infectious. Tying her to a post just outside the stable he strode back inside, returning with the appropriate tack.

Quickly, he threw the saddle and saddle bags over the large horse’s back and tightened the girth, fastening the saddle to her back. Morgan patted his steed’s hind quarters gently before hoisting himself up and into the saddle. Looking out over his home once more he smiled, soon he’d be back, back with new power, unimaginable power.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

DAY 1:

The thundering of hooves split the silence as Morgan and his horse galloped through the wooded landscape. The wind wisped his dark locks into the air like flames. The forest was an orchestra of the mind, playing one enchanting symphony after another. The leaves dance to an unheard beat, whispering the songs to the wind. In here, sheltered by the mighty trees, every kind of life, from the humble beetle to enchanting birds of every colour, existed. Fascinating really.

The sun peeking through the small openings from above, a brilliant white shaft illuminating the path that was before him. He could see the light getting brighter at the end of the tunnel as the sun began to set. Exiting the forest had seemingly transported him to a new plane of existence. Of course, he knew he wasn’t, but the night had swallowed the world around him, the darkness before them had a velvet quality, like the air had been thickened somehow. Without an upwards glance he knew that the sky was star speckled and cloudless. Allowing his horse to walk aimlessly he glanced around, trying to figure out where they could rest for the night before giving up.

Morgan dismounted and wandered over to a fallen tree, loosely tying the horse’s reins to it for the night.

“That’a girl.” Morgan spoke softly, reaching into the saddle bags he packed, he pulled out a jug containing water and a small container of bread. Sitting on the ground beneath the tree he settled down to eat, the mare grazing lazily by his side before calling it a night, making himself comfortable in the lush grass.

DAY 2:

Morgan shot awake suddenly, every thought in high definition. His eyes taking every ray of light as he slowly and carefully scanned his surroundings. The noises of the day were already in full swing, next to him, the mare gently pressed against his cheek with her nose, finding his wake up call he snorted, smiling gently once more as he sat up, body slightly damp with morning dew.

Pulling himself up, he walked over to the mare with a gentle smile, running his hand through her mane gently as he grounded himself. There were so many times he had found himself here, next to the gorgeous mare, in times of stress, in times of struggle. The mare held more of his secret than any book would be able to contain. Untying her from the tree, he once again pulled himself up to settle in the saddle to set off.

They’d make town by lunch if they were fast enough, and the mare was definitely fast enough when given her head. Urging her to move, she seemed just as excited if not more so than him to be moving. Wind rushing through his hair, determination laced over his face as the sun lit up their path. The thundering of hooves setting his heart at ease, soon, soon he’d be able to learn more than that school could ever offer him.

As the sun hit dead center in the sky, Morgan slowed the mare to a walk as they strode into a village, dwarves everywhere. Snickering he looked around at them all, it was rather amusing, their height, considering he would now be considered the tallest among them. And this was upon the mare, he was sure it would be more amusing once he stepped down.

Who knew looking down on people could be so much fun? He did, obviously, but it was even better in a literal sense.

“Excuse me, I need Lyrium. Do you know where I can obtain it?” He had called to no one in particular, annoyed when he had received no reply, dismounting the mare he looked to the dwarves with disgust, walking through the village slowly.

“I knew dwarves were small, I didn’t know they were uneducated too. Don’t you speak?” He huffed, watching as eyes turned and glared from all directions, a smirk on Morgan’s lips as he looked to the crowd that had gathered.

“We’ll now I know you can at least hear. But I still need to know, where can I find Lyrium, in it’s processed form of course.” He smirked, watching as hands had shot in a line, guiding him, hopefully to where he would be able to find what he came for.

“Much obliged.” He hummed, walking along happily, coaxing the mare to follow along with him. Reaching into the saddle bag once more he pulled out the book, flipping a few pages as he continued on with researching. Humming softly as he followed the trail of pointing hands in his peripheral vision.

“A pentagram... that’s a bit extreme. Oh, no, it just has to be a magical symbol, silly me. I should probably read the paragraphs in full shouldn’t I, my dear.” He cooed to the horse, stopping briefly as he looked to the store he had arrived at, tucking the book under his arm. “Wait here for me. I’ll be out shortly.”

Entering the shop, he looked around, listening the the bell above him jingle briefly, before the pattering of feet and gasp. Turning to see a small woman.

“Oh, sorry, you’re not who I thought you were.”
“And who did you mistake me for?”
“No one in particular.”

Morgan huffed and rolled his eyes, looking around the shop before over to the woman.

“I need Lyrium, in a processed state so I may be able to handle it.”
“Of course, may I ask what for.”
“Magic.”

He huffed, eyes rolling once again as he pulled the book from under his arm, flicking it open once more as his eyes scanned the page, listening to the dwarf retreat and then return. The first spell he would try written out neatly in front of him. Looking to the woman once more she had paused, a vial in her hands and eyes fixated on the book.

“Oh no, you can’t.” “Can’t, what?!”
“Where did you find that book?”
“In my father’s library.”
“Your fathers… oh, so… that’s why you looked familiar… I beg of you, please. Do not meddle with blood magic.” She pleaded, holding the lyrium to her chest as she backed up slowly.

“I do what I want.” He hissed, crossing the store quickly, eyebrows narrowing as he snatched the vial from her hands. “And I want Lyrium, so I can study because I want to be the strongest and there’s nothing in that puny little body of yours that can stop me.”

The woman cowered, if he was in fact the son of who she thought he was then there was something gravely wrong… The other had never been this aggressive.

“O..-okay… that’ll be… t-t-twe…-”
“You think I’m paying for this? Pfft, that’s your mistake for trying to screw me over. I’m taking this.” He spat once more, swirling the lyrium in the bottle watching it mix, turning on his heels he walked off slowly.

“You! You can’t!”
“I can and I will!” He growled, looking over his shoulder as he opened the door. There was something feral in the way he held himself, one wrong move and he’d bite. The woman swallowed hard before yelling.

“Thief!”

“Oh you little…-” He was cut off as the noise of arriving guards started in his direction. Running out the store, he quickly mounted the mare who had patiently waited outside, holding the vial in one hand as he urged her into a gallop as the mare ran through the village. Looking over his shoulder he watched as others gained on him, just because they were dwarves, didn’t mean they didn’t have their own mode of transport. Putting the vial into one of the saddlebags he haphazardly fumbled for his staff, he watched as the orb glowed at his touch. Aiming carefully, he slammed it against the ground without disturbing the mare’s gait, watching as vines erupted from the ground behind him, creating a large wall to separate him from the on coming mob.

Letting out a sigh of relief, he allowed the mare to continue to gallop out of the village, leaving it behind them in their literal and metaphorical dust.

The sun fell as they reached the woods once more, as much as resting sounded like a good idea, getting home by morning sounded better. His next stop would be returning home. With the lyrium safe in the saddle bag next to him, his plans were going better than before.

Though if he were to get more, he’d probably have to send someone else in his place. He knew he wouldn’t be let back in so easily next time.

DAY 3:

The moon guided him through the woods until he reached the familiar sights of town, face screwing up at the mere sight of it as he slowed the mare into a trot. Walking through the seemingly abandoned town, it was better at night, no staring, glaring, judging faces.

The way home was quiet and uninterrupted, the moon sitting high in the sky as he finally reached the estate, studying would have to wait. He would practice in the morning when he was fully awake and mentally prepared. Leading the mare back to her stables he smiled to her gently. Untacking her and brushing her down before disappearing and reappearing with small pail of oats as a thanks, leading her out to the paddocks for her own much needed rest. People could glare all they wanted, but nothing mattered more to him than the opinion of his horse. And with a playful nudge of approval, she had given him all the opinions he desired.

“Good girl, I don’t know what I’d do without you.” He cooed before leaving, carrying the saddle bags into the estate before tipping the contents onto the kitchen table, smiling as he lifted the vial of Lyrium, swirling it around with a gleeful grin on his lips.

Settling it back down, his attention turned towards the book, using the moonlight that filtered through the kitchen window to illuminate the pages, he could wait and do this in the morning, but how fun would that be?

“Let's see here,” he mumbled to himself as he flipped through the pages of the spell book.
“Looks like I've got everything I need, except...blood.” He pondered for a moment, thinking on the options of how to obtain the most vital of materials for the magic. He could use his own, but was unsure of how much he was willing to commit just yet. No point hurting himself if this doesn’t even work.

Fingers tapping on the wood of the table, he let his eyes wander around the kitchen, maybe he could find a mouse in the estate… or… his eyes stopped, looking out the window as a light bulb went off inside his head. He knew exactly where to go. Eyes trailing the dusted path that lead to a collection of trees, he could feel the excitement bubbling up inside his chest.

Quickly, Morgan threw most of the items back into his bag, grabbing his staff in one hand and the lyrium in the other he used the glowing orb as a source of light to illuminate his path. Fleeing into the woodlands behind his parents estate he slowed at the entrance, tipping the staff down towards the ground as he went searching.

He didn't have to go very far before he made a gruesome discovery. Finding exactly what he needed to.

Taking a step back from the carcass, he settled himself onto the ground just away from it, the smell alone was stinging his eyes and he wasn’t sure if he’d manage to stand the smell much longer than he needed to. Pulling the spell book from the bag, he noted the diagram, making extra notes of the writing that surrounded it, runes most likely.

Dragging his staff through the dirt, he drew the symbol within the dirt. Referring back to the diagram at any point he was unsure, he had to get this perfect, or atleast near perfect if he wanted it to work.

“There. That ought to do it.” He muttered to himself, resting his free hand on his hip as he looked down at the animal carcass and the symbol drawn around it. Returning to the bag he pulled out the vial of Lyrium, carefully diluting it with water. Tipping a small drop into the open chest of the animal on the ground he watched as it began to mix and mingle with the blood around it, pulsing softly, a gentle glow illuminating the ground. The air around him was heavy, pressing on his shoulders. Lifting his staff, he held it over the carcass, taking a deep breath in as he focused all his energy.

“Using blood, I do swear.
Fire, Earth, Water, Air.
Rewrite, undo, this being’s fate,
bring them back, reanimate.”

With each verse, the glowing spread, the carefully written symbols, too, pulsed as if mimicking a heart, as quickly as it had started, it also stopped. Fronwing, Morgan scoffed, looking at the still, seemingly lifeless body on the ground.

Turning around, he walked back to the saddle bag, putting everything away slowly. What a waste of time.

“You should really be careful. Maybe next time try a rabbit or something… not a predator?”

Looking up he noted the arrival of a boy, he couldn’t be much older than himself, maybe even younger. But there was something in his eyes that told Morgan he had seen a lot.

“Oh yea? And why so, it didn’t even work.” Morgan spat, acting all high and mighty.
“Turn around,” the other replied.

Skeptical, Morgan did as told, only to be faced with an unhinged jaw. Blood dripping over it’s broken lower jaw as it stood frozen in time mid-pounce. Stumbling backwards, he leant up against a nearby tree, focusing on his breathing as for once in his life, startled. Eyes trailing after the unknown boy he watched as slowly, the being was pushed backwards, not so much pushed as it was, rewound. As it settled back in its original position, dead once more, they boy sighed, hunching over as he caught his breath.

“What was that?” Morgan asked, stunned.
“What was what?” The other joked, playfully.
“That... rewindy thing.”
“Exactly that.”

Screwing up his face, Morgan picked up his bag and swung it over his shoulder, holding his staff close to himself as he examined the, strangely skinny wizard in front of him. He was small, petite even and yet, he held such a strong power. Maybe even more powerful than the headmaster, if he could beat this kid in a fight then...

“Fight me.”
“No thanks.”
“What do you mean no thanks?!”
“I mean, no. I’m tired. It takes a lot out of me… Doing that kind of stuff. Recoil.”

Morgan huffed, smacking his staff into the ground. Watching as the ground erupted as it had done in the classroom, watching it tangle around the boys ankle and then… untangle and pause, just away from him. Watching the boy walk off slowly, eyes on him the whole time, Morgan screwed up there face. He couldn’t just… Moving to follow after him proved just as difficult. Seeing as he too, was paused in place.

“How did you find me?”
“I like your horse. I watched you ride through town and followed.”
“Where are you going?”
“Home!”
“Where’s that.”
“Crimson Base…”
“Where?” Instead of an answer to the question he was hoping for, the boy called back an answer to the question he hadn’t.

“You drew one of the symbols wrong, by the way, that’s why it was delayed.”

Grumbling, Morgan waited until the boy had turned away, as soon as his eyes were no longer trained on him, he was free. Scrambling over to the book, he slowly looked over the diagram and the pattern in the dirt. He was right.

One of them had been drawn wrong. He was going to need a lot more practice.

[3632 words] (I'm sorry omg)
Last edited by kolyakun on Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♚Relationships♚

Postby kolyakun » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:02 pm

spacing
spacing
spacing

Imagespacing
╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Clydesdale Mare: Pet

She was gifted to Morgan as a filly, the two grew up together and have been through thick and thin. Morgan treats her with a gentle hand and knows that she trusts him. The two have bonded and formed an unbreakable trust.
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
spacing
spacing
spacing

Imagespacing
Nikolai: Friend

Morgan's partner in crime. They meet after the main story takes place. Nikolai helps Morgan fuel his obsession with getting revenge and practicing blood magic. He is often sent out on little missions to retrieve Lyrium for him when he's running low since he's very good at sweet talking and his pause and play magic definitely comes in handy when in need of a quick escape.
spacing
spacing
spacing

Imagespacing
Dominik: Former Professor, Enemy

He's really never been a fan of "Ms. Petrov". He's viewed her as being unfit for the position of a professor at Ridserra school of magic. He believes that she fills her student's heads with rubbish and after her "fueling" his expulsion, she's definitely on his hit list.
spacing
spacing
spacing

Imagespacing
Kovan: Acquaintance

Two have briefly spoken in passing since Kovan is close friends with Nikolai. To be quite honest, Kovan isn't the biggest fan on Morgan though the two are still friendly with each other.
spacing
spacing
spacing

Imagespacing
Matthias: Enemy

Matthias is a weakling in Morgan's eyes, putting on a show for attention. He's not worth anyone's time and sure as hell shouldn't have enrolled at Ridserra since he's apparently taking up a spot a more capable wizard could have. Since he is apparently the one to blame for his expulsion he's at the top of Morgan's hit list with Dominik and the Headmaster.
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♚Map of Ridserra♚

Postby kolyakun » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:53 am

there are more areas though I only included the ones relevant to the story c:
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♚Art♚

Postby kolyakun » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:25 am

**Winner may keep anthro art piece.

kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♚Overall, Thank You♚

Postby kolyakun » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:26 am

Thank you to Riddlestyx
I want to thank you for taking the time to read through my...super long entry and I'm sorry I couldn't condense it hnnn
I also want to thank you for designing such a gorgeous kal and giving me the opportunity to give it my all for this babe! I know whoever wins this will be super lucky to not only own a beautiful kal but a kal designed by you. You're a great person and don't deserve the messages you've been receiving. keep doing what you're doing!! c:

Thank you to Planiteri
Hey cutie cc; thanks for putting up with me and for editing all my stuff and helping me code because...tbh idk what I would do without you! Whether it's writing, coding or just talking. You're amazing and well...I can't thank you enough. I owe you <3

Thank you to AboveAspen
hey STINKY. Thanks for reading over my stuff as well and helping me come up with ideas and all that sweet jazz. Enjoy the art I made for you for the other unlim. impress me and I wishh you luck buddy boy!!

Thank you to Anyone who took the time to read my story cc':
ahhhh yes. I'm sorry for my story being so long but thank you to everyone who took the time to read it!! y'all deserve a good ol' pat on the back.
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me