RainClan Posts (DNP)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

RainClan Posts (DNP)

Postby frankie (dup) » Tue May 15, 2018 1:01 pm

I'll be putting all the posts for my Cac clan here, so you can follow along!
The format for these was lifted from Chamrosh's archive, with their permission.
Enjoy!
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frankie (dup) » Tue May 15, 2018 1:14 pm

With only the wind to keep her company, Sagestar made her way through the forest to the Moonpool. She knew she couldn't survive in the forest alone, and so she decided that she wanted an advisor, someone to aid her in leading her clan as it grew.
    xxxAfter a long trek, she reached the Moonpool and gently touched her nose to its glimmering surface.
    "StarClan bless me with a deputy to aid me. I have nothing to offer in return but my faith."

Commands wrote:[Moonpool: Sagestar requests a deputy]

clarke kom skaikru wrote:❅ [ sagestar's request is granted ! ]
Last edited by frankie (dup) on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:42 am, edited 7 times in total.
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frankie (dup) » Tue May 15, 2018 1:18 pm

Sagestar waited by the Moonpool for what felt like an eternity. Her paws started to ache by the time she heard pawsteps approaching her.
    She whipped around to see a fluffy white tomcat with pale blue eyes.
    xxx"StarClan has sent me a dream," the cat said, awfully loudly for the short distance between them.
    "I'll go ahead and assume my dream meant to go to you. Is that correct?"
    xxxSagestar winced briefly at his volume, but nodded.
    "I would think so. I requested a deputy. Do you believe you're qualified for that kind of position?"
    xxx"I would like to say so. My name is Mallow, but I know enough about Clans to know that you'll probably add something or change that. Who're you?"
    xxx"I'm Sagestar, leader of RainClan."
    xxxMallow paused for a few moments as if contemplating what he would say next.
    "You should know that I'm mostly deaf. I may speak loudly, and you may have to repeat yourself. Does that affect your decision?"
    xxxSagestar shook her head.
    "Not in the slightest."

🔴🔴🔴

xxxTime passed and Sagestar got to know her new deputy. Once she'd pinned down his most prominent trait, she gave him his suffix - cloud.
    He simply nodded and smiled quietly when she told him.
    xxxSagestar pondered the best choice for patrols for a few moments before deciding.
    "Could you check the borders? I'll go hunting."
    xxxHer deputy nodded and got up to go check the borders, while Sagestar headed to hunt in the forest.

Commands wrote:[Borders: Mallowcloud checks the borders]
[Hunt: Sagestar goes hunting in RainClan's forest]

clarke kom skaikru wrote:❅ [ mallowcloud comes across a mother and her apprentice-aged kit. ]
❅ [ sagestar catches a bird with the help of an eager, young cat.
they could be a fit apprentice, if taken in. ]
Last edited by frankie (dup) on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:42 am, edited 7 times in total.
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frankie (dup) » Wed May 16, 2018 2:08 pm

Mallowcloud paced around the border, his tail flicking rhythmically.
    The border was quiet, and the only sounds he heard was the snow falling and wind hissing.
    That was why he nearly jumped out of his fur when he heard a voice.
    xxx"Hello?"
    xxxMallowcloud slipped back and planted in the snow.
    He got up and shook off his fur, hoping that the voice hadn't watched his failure.
    "Yes, hello, hi. I'm Mallowcloud. Who're you?
    xxxThere was a chuckle and Mallowcloud averted his gaze from the ginger molly and her kit.
    xxx"I'm Wasp, and this is my son, Apple. My mate died, and we decided to find a clan. Judging by your name, I'd assume you're a part of a clan?"
    xxxMallowcloud nodded and flicked his tail, signaling for the pair to come with him.

☄️☄️☄️

xxxSagestar was a good tracker, but her skills in catching prey were sub-par.
    xxx"Here, let me help."
    xxxSagestar whipped around to see a small brown tabby.
    "Errr. alright."
    xxxThe pair discussed what do do, and eventually agreed that Sagestar would approach in a direction that would let the animal smell her and run away, right into the waiting paws of the other cat.
    xxxIt took awhile, but they eventually caught a decently sized bird.
    xxx"Thanks for your help! I'm Sagestar of RainClan, who are you?""
    xxx"A clan cat! I've been looking for one of those! I'm Linnet! Can I join, please?"
    xxxSagestar was shocked by the sudden spunk and enthusiasm.
    "Uh... sure?"
    xxxThe two cats walked back to camp, the bird dangling from Linnet's mouth.

☄️☄️☄️

xxxTo Sagestar's surprise, Mallowcloud was waiting for her at camp with not one, but two cats with him.
    She almost didn't notice the second - the little ginger tom was cowering behind his mother, and he jerked back behind her after sparing Sagestar a glance.
    xxx""Who are these two?"
    xxxMallowcloud opened his mouth to respond, but the mother answered instead.
    xxx"I'm Wasp, and this is my son-"
    xxx"Apple, my name is Apple."
    xxxSagestar nodded.
    "Mallowcloud and I will assign mentors. The kits will train, and then will be sent on patrols that relate to the skill they train in."
    She picked mentors, and decided to send herself and Linnet (now Linnetpaw) on a hunting patrol, and Mallowcloud, Apple(paw) and Wasp(pelt) on a border patrol. Those patrols would happen after Linnetpaw was trained for Hunting, and Applepaw for battle.

Commands wrote:[Train: Sagestar and Linnetpaw train for Hunting]
[Train: Mallowcloud and Applepaw train for Battle]
[Hunt: Sagestar and Linnetpaw hunt at the river]
[Patrol: Mallowcloud, Applepaw, and Wasppelt patrol]

clarke kom skaikru wrote:❅ [ applepaw learns the battle skill. starclan hopes he
doesn't have to use them anytime soon.
linnetpaw also learns the battle skill. ]
❅ [ sagestar and linnetpaw catch two rabbits. ]
❅ [ mallowcloud's patrol finds a young apprentice aged cat,
who is in need of shelter.]
Last edited by frankie (dup) on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frankie (dup) » Tue May 22, 2018 2:00 pm

When Sagestar told the two new apprentices who their mentors were, they reacted positively. However, when they were told what their mentors would be training them for, Linnetpaw seemed uneasy.
    xxx"What's the matter?" Sagestar asked, picking up on the apprentice's uneasiness.
    xxxLinnetpaw stopped in their tracks before speaking.
    "I guess it's just... I'm a good hunter already. I'm iffy in battle, wouldn't it be more sensible for me to train in a weaker skill, first? We could train for hunting next time!"
    xxxSagestar paused for a moment, considering what Linnetpaw had just said, before nodding.
    "Yes, that makes sense. Here, why don't I show you my favourite move?"
    Sagestar flicked her tail in a 'follow me' gesture, and Linnetpaw's eyes lit up as they bounded after the leader.

☄️☄️☄️

xxxMallowcloud arrived back at camp with Applepaw trailing a ways behind him. The quiet tom hadn't said much during their session, only nodding, shaking his head, or answering or asking questions. Mallowcloud had tried to make small talk multiple times, but the little cat had either given a non-vocal response - a shrug, head shake, or nod, or just ignored him entirely.
    xxxThat was alright, though. Training worked fine even if the apprentice didn't speak much. Frankly, Mallowcloud was glad they could train without much talking. He disliked talking since he was so often louder than necessary due to his almost-deafness, and his volume seemed to put Applepaw more off than other cats.
    xxxLinnetpaw and Sagestar were waiting for him when he got back to camp. Linnetpaw was smiling widely, their body almost vibrating with excitement.
    Their eyes lit up as soon as they saw the duo approaching, and they bounded over like a very odd grasshopper.
    xxx"I learned the best move!"
    Linnetpaw rolled onto their back and pretended to be pinned.
    "If a big cat pins me, I can just do this!"
    Linnetpaw raked their claws at the air then launched upwards.
    "That's really good, right?"
    xxxMallowcloud saw Applepaw nod quietly and smile quietly at Linnetpaw, before flashing Mallowcloud a look.
    xxxEven though Applepaw hadn't said anything, Mallowcloud knew what it meant.
    Could I learn that move?
    xxxMallowcloud nodded, silently scolding himself for not teaching Applepaw that move first. Linnetpaw was small yes, so that move would be of use to them. However, they were still young and would likely grow in size so that move wouldn't become as necessary. Applepaw, however, was small even for his age, and Mallowcloud doubted he'd grow out of that.
    xxxInstead, he'd taught the small tom how to cling onto an opponent's extremity and not let go, and how to keep your grip if they tried to shake you off.
    Was that useful? Of course! Were there better things he could've taught the small tom, either how to make up for his small size or utilize it? Yes!
    xxxAs his emotions started to take hold of him, Mallowcloud reminded himself.
    You learn from failure.
    xxxLinnetpaw bounded over and started talking rapid-fire to Applepaw, about battle and hunting and wasn't this all so exciting!
    xxxMallowcloud smiled and made eye contact with Sagestar, who was also smiling.
    xxxSomething occurred to Mallowcloud, and he padded a bit away from the two apprentices, then gestured for Sagestar to come over.
    xxx"I thought you were training Linnetpaw in hunting?"
    xxx"I was, but they brought up that they were already a skilled hunter, and that it'd be a better idea to train a weaker skill."
    xxx"That makes sense."
    xxxSagestar nodded, and the two exchanged another glance, and carefully observed Linnetpaw and Applepaw, making sure that Linnetpaw wasn't overwhelming the quieter cat.
    xxxThey didn't seem to be, and Applepaw even spoke a bit.
    xxxSatisfied with what they were seeing, Sagestar and Mallowcloud let the (still mostly one-sided) conversation wind to a close before they started the patrols.

☄️☄️☄️

xxxSagestar was unsurprised when, as she and Linnetpaw were walking down the length of the river, the little cat spotted something and darted after it.
    Sagestar followed them, and they both caught a rabbit after a long tiring chase.
    xxxThey glanced at each other out of the corner of their eyes and smiled quietly as they walked back to camp.

☄️☄️☄️

xxxWasppelt stuck close to her kit the entire patrol, which Mallowcloud didn't mind. He seemed to be calmer that way.
    xxxStill, Applepaw's hackles raised when a voice that was so dripping with sweetness that it almost seemed saccharine greeted them.
    xxx"Ooooooh, hello! I've never seen anybody else here. Who are you guys?"
    The black and white cat's eyes were glinting with excitement and naivety.
    xxx"Hello, I'm Mallowcloud, the deputy of RainClan. This is one of our warriors, Wasppelt, and her son, my apprentice, Applepaw."
    xxxThe cat barely let him finish before they started speaking again.
    "Ooooooh, a clan! And you're the deputy! Do I bow?"
    They didn't even wait for an answer before speaking again.
    "Could I please join?"
    xxxMallowcloud, smiled, amused before gesturing for the cat to follow him.
    xxx"I'm Swift! What'll my clan name be?"
    xxx"Swiftpaw will work just fine."

☄️☄️☄️

xxxSagestar flicked her tail in slight irritation. She was going to go to the Moonpool, and she didn't want to go too late, but now she had to sort all this out.
    "Alright, Wasppelt, are you up to mentoring Swiftpaw?"
    xxx"Yes."
    xxx"Excellent. Thank you. I'll go to the Moonpool for a medicine cat, then I'll come back, send the medicine cat to hunt for some herbs, do some training, and then some patrols. There, I think that's everything?
    xxxThe others nodded, and Sagestar took a deep breath.
    "Alright then. I'm headed to the Moonpool, and we'll do the other things when I come back. No sooner. Is that clear?"
    xxxMore nods.
    xxxSagestar smiled politely as a goodbye, and headed off to the Moonpool.

☄️☄️☄️

xxx"StarClan, my clan has prospered under your watchful eyes, and I offer RainClan's allegiance to you, if you would give me a medicine cat to heal my clan of their wounds and calm them in times of sorrow, anger, or fear."
    Having decided that was enough, Sagestar pulled back and waited.

Commands wrote:[Moonpool: Sagestar requests a medicine cat]
[Training: Sagestar, Mallowcloud, Linnetpaw, and Applepaw train for hunting. Wasppelt and Swiftpaw train for Battle]
[Hunt: Mallowcloud, Linnetpaw, and Applepaw hunt at the forest]
[Patrol: Sagestar, Swiftpaw, and Wasppelt patrol the Northern border]
[OOC: I was originally planning for Linnetpaw to be trained for hunting as well, but you wrote battle in your post. It actually makes sense for their character, so that was a happy accident!]

clarke kom skaikru wrote:❅ [ sagestar's request is granted. ]

❅ [ linnetpaw and applepaw learn hunting! ]

❅ [ swiftpaw learns how to fight! ]
↪ swiftpaw is wounded in his training
session. he needs x1 cobweb.

❅ [ sagestar's patrol comes across a warrior. ]
Last edited by frankie (dup) on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frankie (dup) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:06 pm

The wind hissed as Sagestar waited for the medicine cat to arrive. Her ears were flattened against her head, and she shivered as the wind rustled through her fur in the same fashion as it would stir up leaves.
    Please let them arrive quickly...
    xxx"Ah, so there you are. I was looking for you."
    xxxThe fur on Sagestar's neck rose and she turned around with her ears flattened back against her head, this time not because of the wind, but because of fear.
    She relaxed once she noted that the cat who had scared her so much was just a light brown tabby. Judging by the bundle of herbs in their mouth, they were the medicine cat Sagestar had requested.
    "Hello. I'm grateful that you've arrived. I would think that you're the medicine cat that I requested, correct? What's your name?"
    xxx"I'm Briarleaf. Who are you?"
    xxxSagestar blinked wildly.
    "A clan cat...?
    xxx"Yes..." Briarleaf sounded more than a little bit peeved as if she'd heard that more than once.
    xxx"Anyway, I'm Sagestar, leader of RainClan. What's that purple herb you're carrying? I've seen the others, they're cobwebs and catmint, but what's the other one?"
    xxx"Rosemary."
    xxx"Oh. What's that used for?"
    xxxBriarleaf looked aside.
    xxx"It's used to mask the scent of bodies."
    xxx"Why do you have that herb?"
    xxx"Why don't you connect the dots yourself? I'm a clan cat, and I'm alone. My last herb stores are two herbs used for healing, and one used for preparing dead bodies.
    Realization dawned on Sagestar like a storm cloud rolling over the sun.
    xxx"Save your breath. Where's your camp?"
    xxx"Follow me."
    xxxBriarleaf followed behind Sagestar, rather than beside her. While Sagestar wished she could read the expression on the face of her new medicine cat, she was glad that Briarleaf couldn't see the stunned expression on her new leader's face.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxSagestar returned to camp and introduced Briarleaf to the others before leading her into the medicine cat's den that she'd picked out.
    xxxThe entrance was a large hole in a thicket of bushes. The inside was large and damp, the floor made of dirt and broken chunks of stone. There was some sort of two-leg object in the den, but it didn't worry Sagestar, as it had long been swallowed up by nature.
    xxx"Well, this is your den. Set it up however you like, I'm going to train my apprentice with my deputy."
    xxxBriarleaf nodded and started setting her herbs out.
    xxxSatisfied, Sagestar turned and left.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxMallowcloud smiled fondly, watching Applepaw practice his pouncing.
    "Excellent! I doubt even the fastest of prey wouldn't be able to escape that!"
    xxxApplepaw sagged.
    "You're just saying that."
    xxx"What? No!"
    Mallowcloud followed Applepaw's gaze over to Linnetpaw, who seemed to be a natural at everything involving hunting.
    "Every cat has a different set of skills. You might just not know your skill set, yet."
    xxx"What if I don't have any skills? What if I'm just horrible at anything? Or just average at best?"
    xxxMallowcloud flinched. Applepaw said average as if it were some sort of severe insult.
    xxx"I'm a -cloud cat. Do you know what that means?"
    xxxNo...? What does it mean?"
    xxx"Somebody who is calm and kind. The only way a cat can get the -cloud suffix is if they're average or below average in everything that warrants a skill suffix. Even if you are 'average' you could still be a -cloud cat."
    xxxApplepaw's eyes lit up.
    "I could be like you?"
    xxxMallowcloud nodded cheerfully, and Applepaw beamed.
    xxx"Hey, Applepaw?"
    xxxApplepaw turned around to face Linnetpaw. He tilted his head to one side. What?
    xxx"I've pretty much finished my training. Do you want some help from a master?"
    Linnetpaw grinned and flicked their head jokingly.
    xxxApplepaw laughed softly.
    "Sure."
    xxxThe two raced off to train together, and Mallowcloud and Sagestar exchanged a small smile. Sagestar padded off, while Mallowcloud stayed to supervise his apprentice.
    xxxThings were going well.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxSwiftpaw dodged a blow from his mentor.
    "Isn't this a little... intense for a first training session?"
    xxx"In battle, your enemies won't go easy just because you're new. Learn the important moves first."
    xxx"I suppose that makes sense..."
    xxxWasppelt slammed into Swiftpaw and he stumbled back, crashing into a shallow ditch.
    Pain flared in his paw, and he yelped.
    xxx"Swiftpaw, are you alright! I think you were right, this was a little intense..."
    xxxSwiftpaw glanced at his paw. A long gash was sliced into his paw pad, and he shuddered. He really didn't like the sight of blood.
    "No, I'm alright.
    Swiftpaw scrambled up the ditch and followed behind his mentor, hoping that she didn't notice his limp.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxAfter getting help from both Mallowcloud and Linnetpaw, Applepaw considered himself ready for the hunting patrol. The small hunting party consisted of Applepaw, Linnetpaw, and Mallowcloud.
    xxxFor the first while, there wasn't a single prey-animal around. Even though the leaves were starting to return to the trees and the snow was melting into the grass and dirt, the prey was still a little scarce. Finally, Applepaw spotted a small, pale brown, spotted bird.
    xxxApplepaw nudged Linnetpaw.
    "Hey, bird."
    xxxCommunicating through gestures and a few whispered words, Linnetpaw and Applepaw agreed with Mallowcloud that they would chase the bird towards her.
    xxxIt wasn't long before the bird dangled from Mallowcloud's mouth.
    xxxThey headed back to camp, Applepaw's eyes bright.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxSwiftpaw limped along behind Sagestar and Wasppelt. A few times, the two glanced back and asked if he was alright, but he managed to keep his injury hidden for the most part.
    xxxIt was not long before suddenly, Swiftpaw was knocked over, his paws skidding on the dirt, grass, and stones.
    The various things sliced along his already cut pawpad, and he yowled in pain, thrashing around beneath the cat pinning him to the ground.
    xxxHeart pounding, he kicked up several times, tossing the cat off him before scampering a few meters away and hissing, his hackles raised and ears pulled back.
    xxx"I uh, I'm so sorry!"
    xxxSwiftpaw's ears raised and he twitched his tail in confusion.
    "You're sorry for attacking me?"
    xxx"I didn't realise you were so young. I mean, I'm not so old myself, but... I've just been running for a long time and I freak out when I see anybody else. Everything just feels so threatening..."
    The cat said all of that as if it were one, very long sentence, not taking many breaths as they spoke.
    xxx"What's your name?"
    xxx"I... don't have one."
    xxxSagestar sighed, smiled softly, and gestured for the new cat to come along with them.
    xxxThe cat lurched back and looked around as if they thought Sagestar was gesturing for somebody else to come along. Once the cat deduced that they were indeed the one being invited along, they returned Sagestar's smile and started falling along behind them.
    xxxSwiftpaw barely took one step before he yowled in pain.
    xxx"Swiftpaw? What's wrong?"
    xxx"Uhhhhh... my paw. I, um, think I cut it when I got attacked."
    xxxWasppelt walked beside him, acting as support so that he could move with less pain.
    xxxIt felt like forever, with Swiftpaw limping along so slowly, but they did reach the camp, where they were greeted by Applepaw, Linnetpaw, Mallowcloud, and their new medicine cat, Briarleaf.
    xxx"Swiftpaw hurt his paw. Could you get some cobwebs for him?"
    xxxBriarleaf nodded and padded off, and the new cat spotted Mallowcloud, and the bird hanging from his jaws.
    xxx"What kind of bird is that?"
    xxx"Oh, uhhhhhhhhhhh, it's a Dunnock?"
    xxx"Could that be my name?"
    xxxSagestar nodded cheerfully.
    "How about Dunnockpelt?"
    xxxDunnockpelt nodded and smiled, matching Sagestar's happiness.
    xxxBriarleaf came back after a brief wait, and with a bit of protesting from Swiftpaw's end, she got the cobweb around his paw.
    xxxWhile Briarleaf did that, Sagestar divided up the prey in the pile, and the clan ate together while Sagestar organized the patrols that would go out after Sagestar returned from the moonpool.
    xxx"Briarleaf, you look for herbs. Mallowcloud, Dunnockpelt, and Applepaw will patrol the borders. Linnetpaw, Wasppelt and I will hunt. Swiftpaw you'll be staying back. I don't want you to stress your paw. You'll learn leadership skills with Wasppelt, and Linnetpaw and Applepaw will learn climbing. I'll take the bird to the moonpool, I think StarClan might be getting a little tired of non-physical offerings.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxSagestar flicked her tail from side to side, in an almost rythamic way. The walk to the moonpool was starting to get tedious, but she was eager to meet the new cat.
    xxxShe arrived at the pool, and dropped the bird within its waters.
    "StarClan, I offer this bird. I don't mind who you send me, whether they be young or old, or what rank they will fill. Thank you."
    Sagestar pulled back, and waited.

Commands wrote:[x1 cobweb has been consumed]
[Four servings have been consumed]
[Sagestar requests a cat]
[Briarleaf goes herb hunting]
[Mallowcloud, Dunnockpelt, and Applepaw patrol]
[Sagestar, Wasppelt, and Linnetpaw go hunting]

clarke kom skaikru wrote:↳ sagestar's request is granted!
- they give her a queen who
is due in two moons.
↳ briarleaf finds x2 comfrey.
↳ mallowcloud's patrol scents a
milky-aroma.
- do they follow the trail?
↳ sagestar's hunting patrol catches
x2 birds and x1 big fish.
Last edited by frankie (dup) on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frankie (dup) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:44 pm

It wasn't long before Sagestar heard somebody coming up behind her.
    She turned around to see a fluffy white cat with pale green eyes approaching her, stumbling lightly over the ground before slipping onto the ground.
    xxxSagestar's stomach twisted and her mouth went dry.
    xxxIs she dead?
    xxxSagestar ran over to the body of the white cat, who was shaking slightly on the ground where she'd fallen.
    "Are you alright?"
    xxx"D-dead. He's dead, no, he can't be..."
    xxx"Who's dead?"
    xxxThe cat on the ground didn't respond, just continued shaking and repeating those words.
    xxxSagestar repeated her question several times before finally trying to rouse the poor cat from her loop.
    After she gently shook the cat, they went from repeated strings of words to utter silence.
    xxxIt was nearly a minute before the cat finally spoke, her voice thick and warbling.
    "My mate..."
    xxx"I'm so sorry. What's your name?"
    Sagestar averted her gaze.
    I'm so bad at this...
    xxx"Campion. Yours?"
    xxxSagestar flinched in surprise. The white cat had gone from whimpering on the ground to steely and closed off in a matter of seconds.
    xxx"Errrrrr... I'm Sagestar, leader of RainClan."
    xxx"Huh. Clan cat. Mind if I join?"
    xxxSagestar shook her head.
    xxx"Great. Which way?"
    xxxSagestar flicked her tail in the direction of camp.
    "Uh... follow me?"
    xxxThe two cats walked side by side in silence for a few minutes before Sagestar spoke.
    "Do you want to talk about-"
    xxx"Nope. don't wanna talk. Walk faster."
    xxxSagestar sighed and sped up.
    Luckily, she was able to keep her mouth shut for the rest of the trip.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxBriarleaf tracked her way through the long, damp grass until she found a small patch of comfrey roots.
    Her face lit up and she dug up the two roots and carried them carefully in her mouth. the root wasn't meant to be ingested and she didn't want to harm herself or the root by eating any portion.
    xxxShe spotted a white cat as she re-entered camp, and her shoulders sagged.
    She's in shock, and I don't have any poppy seeds or thyme.
    xxxThe cat's fur bristled once she spotted Briarleaf, but Sagestar said something and the cat relaxed, giving Briarleaf a curt, formal nod.
    xxxBriarlef returned the nod. She'd find the poppy seeds or thyme later.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxMallowcloud's patrol was an uneventful as all the patrols he'd been on up to this point, and his patrol-mates trailed behind him absent-mindedly, occaisonally stopping to investigate a strange smell that would nearly always turn out to be old or a false alarm.
    xxxBut this time was apparently different, as Mallowcloud picked up on the scent of milk.
    He raised his head in alarm, and turned to face Applepaw, the youngest of their small group, and therefor most likely to easily verify the freshness of the scent.
    xxx"Applepaw, could you come over here and investigate this scent? It's definetly the scent of milk, but I'm not so sure how fresh it is."
    xxxThe ginger-furred apprentice whirled around to see if there was some other Applepaw the deputy could have been referencing, but upon realizing that he was the focus of Mallowcloud's request, he came forward to check the scent.
    xxx"Yes, that's a fresh scent. Really fresh, actually. Should we follow it?"
    xxxMallowcloud turned to face Dunnockpelt, who titled their head to one side and smiled softly.
    "Well, I don't see why not."
    xxxMallowcloud followed the trail of the scent, he and the rest of the patrol anxious as to what they would find at the end.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxThe small group of hunters walked in silence to the forest, where Sagestar flicked her tail, silently indicating that the group pay attention.
    "Prey is plentiful right now and we're all competent hunters. I suggest that we split up. Wasppelt, you've said that you've fished for prey before?"
    xxx"I have. I'm not excellent at it, but I'm competent enough."
    xxx"Good. You know where the river is? Fish there. It's alright if you don't get anything, it's good to train as well. Linnetpaw and I will hunt around the river, and we'll all be far enough away from eachother to not disturb eachother's catches, but close enough to help the others if something goes wrong. Is that clear?"
    xxxSagestar's group nodded enthusiastically, and they continued walking to the river area.
    xxxUpon reaching that area, Sagestar climbed a tree and waited patiently on the branch, hiding so that her scent was masked.
    xxxA small, black and white bird landed on the branch across from Sagestar, and it wasn't long before she had the little thing in her mouth.
    xxxSatisfied with her catch, she climbed down the tree to see Wasppelt with a large fish and Linnetpaw with another bird.
    xxxGreatly pleased with that day's turnout, the group headed back to camp.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxLinnetpaw stood by the tree patiently as their mentor, Sagestar, ran over the process of how to climb a tree without falling and nastily snapping your neck. Applepaw, Mallowcloud, and Dunnockpelt weren't back from their patrol yet, and Linnetpaw shifted on their feet worriedly, silently pleading that nothing bad had happened to them.
    xxx"Linnetpaw, are you listening to me? This is very important."
    xxxLinnetpaw jerked upwards, blinking wildly.
    "Sorry, sorry, I'm sorry! I must've zoned out."
    xxxIt took a few tries, but eventually, Linnetpaw was able to get a decent way up the tree. Sagestar told them to come down after a few failed attempts to go higher.
    xxxEmbarrassment heated Linnetpaw's fur. They had only done okay today. Usually, things went their way, but today...
    xxx"Linnetpaw, are you worried about the patrol? I'm sure they'll be fine, they'll be back soon!"
    xxx"Of course."
    xxx"You didn't seem to be at your most focused today. I'd be happy to train you some more later, if that's what you'd want?""
    xxxLinnetpaw smiled warmly.
    "I'd like that."
    Linnetpaw felt just a little bit calmer as they headed back into camp.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxSwiftpaw's head dipped as Wasppelt drilled him on leadership skills. It was soooooooooooooo boring and all he wanted to do was go out and play, but he couldn't because of his dumb paw and dumb Wasppelt and dumb him for not saying anything! Now he was holed up in the apprentice's den for a while until he could walk without pain. It hurt so bad, and he was so bored.
    xxxWasppelt tapped him on the shoulder, and with a groan, he looked back up, trying his best to focus as the molly tried to teach the bored apprentice.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxLinnetpaw shifted uncomfortably as Sagestar called the clan back into camp to arrange the next patrols. Mallowcloud, Applepaw, and Dunnockpelt weren't back yet, and Linnetpaw was terrified that something terrible had happened.
    xxxAfter the few minutes that it took for the entire clan of eight to gather, worry grew deep in Linnetpaw's chest.
    xxxSagestar finally spoke, rouing them from their worry.
    "Our patrol isn't back yet, but once they return, they and I will go hunting. Wasppelt, Linnetpaw, and Swiftpaw will be going on patrol, provided that Swiftpaw feels better."
    xxxThe black and white apprentice nodded cheerfully, and Sagestar continued.
    "I will be teaching Linnetpaw how to fish, and I'll request that Mallowcloud do the same for Applepaw once they return. Wasppelt, could you train Swiftpaw to hunt?"
    xxxThe ginger molly nodded, and Sagestar smiled.
    "Good. Then that concludes this meeting. We'll eat right now, and the patrol eats whenever they return. After you eat, Briarleaf, would you mind finding some more herbs?
    xxxLinnetpaw headed to the fresh-kill pile with the other cats, trying their hardest to relax.

Commands wrote:[New Member: The queen joins the clan as Campionclaw]
[Patrol: Mallowcloud's patrol follows the milk-scent]
[Hunting: Birds and fish added to pile]
[Herbs: x2 comfrey added to pile]
[Training: Linnetpaw and Applepaw have learned Climbing. Swiftpaw has learned leadership]
[The clan eats x1 bird. [3/3 servings needed)
[New Hunting Patrol: Sagestar, Mallowcloud, Dunnockpelt, and Applepaw]
[New Patrol: Swiftpaw, Wasppelt, and Linnetpaw]
[New Herbs: Briarleaf searches for herbs]
[New Training: Linnetpaw and Applepaw train for fishing. Swiftpaw trains for Hunting.]
[OOC: Sorry if I screwed up anywhere here]

clarke kom skaikru wrote:
    ↳ mallowcloud's patrol comes across
    a fox's nest, with three baby fox
    pups in the den. what do they
    decide to do? kill the pups or
    let them live?
    ↳ sagestar's patrol catches x2
    big fish. and a minnow!
    ↳ wasppelt's patrol finds a warrior.
    ↳ briarleaf finds x3 dock.
    ↳ linnetpaw and applepaw learn
    to fish! swiftpaw can now hunt!
Last edited by frankie (dup) on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:43 am, edited 6 times in total.
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frankie (dup) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:13 am

Mallowcloud's patrol trudged on, hoping that they would find somebody on the other end of the trail.
    I hope they'll be alright, Mallowcloud thought grimly. He didn't want to traumatize Applepaw, who walked listlessly behind him.
    xxxAfter following the scent for a while, the group came across a fox den.
    xxxMallowcloud cursed under his breath as Dunnockpelt and Applepaw shrunk back, probably recognizing the den from their loner days.
    The white furred deputy took a few cautious steps towards the den and peeked inside.
    xxxThere were three fox kits sleeping in the den, and Mallowcloud's blood ran cold.
    He pulled back from the den and turned to his patrol-mates.
    "There are three fox kits in there."
    xxxThe rest of his patrol relaxed a bit before Mallowcloud spoke again.
    "So, do we kill them or keep them alive?"
    xxxDunnockpelt and Applepaw froze up at the dilemma Mallowcloud had just presented them with.
    Applepaw, who had been speaking more and in longer sentences over the moons, returned to his stuttering and short words.
    I-I don't know. I don't know... could the mother track us if-if you know, we kill h-her kits?"
    xxx"Uh... I dunno. I don't think anybody has ever wanted to get close enough to one of them to study them."
    Dunnockpelt's words were intended to be humourous, but the tremble in their voice and legs betrayed their true nervousness.
    xxx"Maybe, Mallowcloud suggested, after it became clear that his patrol-mates didn't know what to do,
    "We could leave the den be for now. We don't want the mother taking revenge on us after all. Then, we'll send out routine patrols - no apprentices to investigate the den. If it's clear that the mother won't be there anymore, the warriors will cave in the den. We'll go wade in the river right now. It should throw their mother off our scent."
    xxxDunnockpelt and Applepaw didn't respond, but they nodded.
    xxxAnd so, the group left the fox den be for the time, and waded through the shallow, scarcely moving river, Dunnockpelt and Mallowcloud keeping a watchful eye on Applepaw as the small tom waded through the water.
    Satisfied with their choice and precautions, the group left to go back to camp.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxLinnetpaw's eyes lit up when they spotted Applepaw, Mallowcloud, and Dunnockpelt returning to camp.
    They're okay!
    They raced forward to greet their friend, and the ginger tom grinned.
    "Why were you gone so long? That was like... hours!"
    xxx"We-"
    The ginger-furred apprentice was cut off by Mallowcloud,
    xxx"You can talk to Linnetpaw after you catch up with me on your training. I'm going to tell the clan what happened, now, but you can tell Linnetpaw your side of the story later."
    The deputy smiled and motioned for Dunnockpelt and Applepaw to join the clan that had gathered to hear why Mallowcloud's patrol had taken so long.
    "We found a fox den. However, only the mother's three kits were there. We decided to leave their den be for now, as we feared the mother would find and kill us if we hurt her kits. However, I recommend sending out patrols of out more powerful and experienced warriors to investigate the milk-scent we found leading to the den as well as perhaps the den itself."
    xxxThere was a brief, stunned silence for Sagestar spoke.
    "It's troublesome to hear that there is a family of foxes on our territory. We'll have to keep a vigilant eye out at all times. I think you did the right thing, though. A fox is dangerous by itself, but an angry fox is a death sentence. My hunting patrol and the regular scheduled patrols will go out now. Since you weren't here to hear the patrol schedules, Mallowcloud, Applepaw, and Dunnockpelt, you will all be on my hunting patrol. Mallowcloud, where was this fox den?"
    xxx"At the very end of the western part of the territory."
    xxxThe leader dipped her head.
    "Patrol, please steer clear of the Western part of the territory. It's too dangerous to go anywere in that area until we're sure that the danger has passed. Meeting dismissed. We'll be safe so long as we're vigilant."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxSagestar was more on edge about her hunting patrol than she had let on. She supposed that she could've reorganized the patrols, but Wasppelt had already shared her patrol plan with her. It was on the Eastern most side of the territory - they'd be fine!
    She tried to convince herself that that was indeed the case, that Wasppelt's patrol would be just fine.
    As she was lost in thought, she slipped and the front half of her body slid into the river.
    Embarrassed, she picked herself up and clambered back onto the shore.
    "So... we're going to all be fishing today. Stay close enough by each other to help if something goes wrong, but far enough away to not disturb their catch. Is that clear?"
    xxxHer group nodded seriously, and Sagestar smiled.
    "Glad to hear it. We have a lot of prey, so don't be too upset if you don't catch anything."
    xxxWith that, they separated along the river. Mallowcloud was within shouting distance of her, as was Applepaw. Sagestar figured it'd be most important to have the most experienced cat closest to the youngest.
    xxx"I caught one! I caught one!"
    Applepaw's head peeked out of the water, his ginger fur wet and sticking to his face. In his jaws was a large fish.
    Applepaw pulled the fish away from the shore and admired his catch while also trying to shake the water from his fur.
    xxxWith a bright smile, Sagestar searched the water again, eventually spotting a tiny fish - a minnow, swimming in the water.
    With a quick strike, Sagestar had the tiny fish in her jaws, carefully trying not to swallow the little thing.
    She and Applepaw searched the water around them for more fish, but none swam by. Eventually, Sagestar pulled back and looked around her. Mallowcloud had a large fish beside him, but Dunnockpelt hadn't caught anything yet.
    Normally, Sagestar would wait until everybody had caught something, but unfortunately, there wasn't any time for that today.
    She padded over to the other cat.
    "Hey, Dunnockpelt? We're done for today."
    xxxThe young warrior sagged, and Sagestar told her other two hunting-mates that the hunt was over.
    xxxSatisfied with their catches, the group headed back to camp.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxIt wasn't long before Wasppelt's patrol encountered something... interesting.
    xxxSitting at the edge of Eastern RainClan territory was a tabby, his green eyes calm and serious.
    "Hello. I'm Dust. Who are you? Is this your territory?"
    xxxWasppelt blinked in surprise. Usually, cats they met on the border weren't so polite and usually didn't care about the scent markers.
    "Errr... I'm Wasppelt. Yes, this is RainClan territory. What are you doing here?"
    xxx"Huh. You're not the leader then, pity. I really should've known. You don't look like a Sage."
    xxx"Wait, you know-"
    xxxThe cat - Dust - sighed.
    "Yes, of course I know Sagestar! Every cat outside of your borders knows Sagestar. Now, can I join you lot or not?"
    xxxWasppelt froze. This cat was.... upfront? Pushy? Rude? Polite?
    He was an enigma, Wasppelt decided.
    "Errr... yes. I suppose you may join."
    xxxDust dipped his head in thanks and stepped over the borderline, following the group back to camp.
    xxxSagestar seemed surprised at the contained enthusiasm that the new cat held, who noted his agility and was then named Dusttail.
    xxxWasppelt smiled warmly. Dusttail would be a welcome - if odd addition to the clan.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxBriarleaf twitched her tail, annoyed. The threat of foxes had barred anybody who was not a part of one of the routine patrols to the den to stay far away from the Western part of the territory - where all the best herbs were!
    xxxIt took hours upon hours of walking through thornbushes, wading through mud, and tripping over roots for Briarleaf to finally find a bundle of herbs.
    xxxDock was good, she supposed. Versatile, although not much of anything in a crisis. She would've much rather collected herbs that would work for bigger wounds, with the fox around.
    She pulled up the plant, and not wanting to go through everything that she'd done to get there, when she had to be t ground level to properly search, Briarleaf scrambled up a tree and went back to camp that way.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxApplepaw shifted his paws as Mallowcloud drilled him on how to properly fish. He'd caught a fish earlier that same day, so Mallowcloud skimmed through the basics, but all the fish currently swimming around in the water evaded his jaws.
    Finally Applepaw clamped his jaws onto a fish - it wasn't big, but it wasn't small either.
    xxxMallowcloud's eyes lit up.
    "Good job Applepaw! Our prey pile is already a good size, maybe Sagestar will take it to the moonpool when she goes tonight?""
    xxxApplepaw's eyes lit up. His catch? Given to StarClan? That would be wonderful!
    xxxMallowcloud snapped him out of his fantasy of StarClan taking his catch from the waters of the pool.
    "Well, I think I've covered everything. It seems that Sagestar and Linnetpaw are wrapping up as well. You've progressed excellently, Applepaw. Your warrior assessment is coming up in just two moons, you know. Are you excited?"
    xxxA wave of emotions rushed over the apprentice - dread, anticipation, even a little bit of remorse at the thought of transitioning from apprentice to warrior. He'd have so many more duties! More would be expected from him, he'd have more freedom... and he had no idea what to do with any of it.
    But, when it all came together, he was excited.
    "Of course I am! What do you think my warrior name will be?"
    xxxThe deputy grinned.
    "That's anybody's guess. But, I'm a big part of deciding what your name will be, since I'm your mentor. What do you think you'll be, and what do you want to be?"
    xxxApplepaw thought for a moment about what to say next.
    "I want to be a -cloud. Like you."
    xxxThere was a pause, a pleased purr, and then...
    "You know what, I think that suits you. Come on, let's go back to camp. I can't guarentee that'll be your suffix, but I'll bring up your patience and compusure with Sagestar. I would have done that anyways, though -
    I really think you're a -cloud."

xxxAs they headed back to camp, Applepaw spotted Linnetpaw, talking excitedly with their mentor. Applepaw had picked up his fish before they left, but Linnetpaw didn't have anything. Nevertheless, Applepaw figured that his friend would wind up being a -whisker.
    With a warm purr in his throat, Applepaw sped up to catch up with mentor.
    Two moons couldn't go by fast enough.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxWasppelt stared intently at the black-and-white apprentice she was mentorng. Swiftpaw was currently pouncing on leaves, stones, insects, everything he could see using the tips Wasppelt had given him.
    Her eyes flitted from object to object, pleading silently that Swiftpaw wouldn't hurt himself somehow. She was almost positive that Swiftpaw had cut his paw pad during their training session together. He hadn't told her, but it did really seem like he'd just been too embarassed - or scared to tell her that he was in pain.
    It was her fault for being too rough with him. But still... she feared that the world he lived in would crush the naivety and innocence out of him. To put it simply, she had no idea what to do.
    xxx"Waspelt? Wasppelt!"
    xxx"Hmm?"
    xxx"You've gotta watch me! You're my mentor, you're supposed to pay attention so you can actually mentor me!"
    xxxEmbarassed, Wasppelt pulled herself away from her thoughts and watched her apprentice.
    xxx"Okay, okay, now, how is... this!"
    The little cat lept onto the little bug in front of him, with zipped away before he could catch it.
    "That was just a warm up! Keep watching!"
    xxxWith a little chuckle, Wasppelt continued to watch her apprentice try to catch little objects.
    It would take a lot to crush his spirit.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxSagestar padded into the center of the camp as the rest of the clan gathered around her to hear the patrol schedules.
    "Alright now. You may all eat while I speak."
    xxxThe clan took their shares from the prey pile, and Sagestar took her own for after she was done and began talking.
    "Okay. there will be a hunting patrol that keeps to the Eastern part of the territory. Dusttail, Applepaw, Linnetpaw, and Swiftpaw. Be careful. Mallowcloud, Dunnockpelt, Wasppelt and I will patrol near the fox den, and keep a careful eye out for the mother. Briarleaf, could you hunt for herbs and steer clear of the West? Mallowcloud and I already agreed to train both Linnetpaw and Applepaw in Stealth, and Wasppelt told me that she'll be teaching Swiftpaw how to climb. Anyway, I'll be taking the fish that Applepaw caught during his training session to the moonpool. I'll be asking for a warrior to help apprentice Campionclaw's kits. Meeting over."
    With that, Sagestar ate her share, picked up the offering, and headed to the moonpool.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxSagestar had walked the path to the moonpool enough that by now, she had it almost memorised. The time it took for her to reach the glittering pool was shortened upon each visit, and this was the shortest yet, although she did often check her surroundings out of fear of the fox.
    She sat in front of the pool and dropped the fish into it.
    "StarClan, Campionclaw's kits are due soon. Please send me a warrior in the case that we need a lot of warriors to mentor them, and so that we have more warriors to hunt and defend for us."
    And with that, she pulled back and waited.

Commands wrote:[OOC: Campionclaw (my queen) gives birth on the third moon, correct? Not the second? So the post after my next?]
[Ending the Patrol: Mallowcloud's patrol leaves the den be for now, worrying that the fox kits' mother would attack the clan if she was able to track down who killed her kits. They wade in the shallow river to throw the mother off their scent, and then go back to camp and report the fox den - patrols will be sent out to investigate the den, and if it's clear that the mother won't be back, they'll cave it in.]
[Hunting: x2 big fish and x1 minnow are added to the prey pile]
[New Member: The cat Wasppelt's patrol discovered has joined the clan]
[Herbs: x3 Dock have been added to the herb store]
[Skills: The Fishing skill has been added to Applepaw and Linnetpaw's skill list. Hunting has been added to Swiftpaw's skill list.]
[New Hunting: Dusttail, Applepaw, Linnetpaw, and Swiftpaw hunt at the opposite part of the territory where the fox den was discovered, to avoid running into the fox]
[New Patrol: Mallowcloud, Sagestar, Dunnockpelt, and Wasppelt patrol near the fox den, keeping a careful eye out for the mother.]
[New Herbs: Briarleaf hunts for herbs on the opposite end of the territory from the fox den]
[New Training: Linnetpaw and Applepaw are learning Stealth. Swiftpaw is learning Climbing]
[Food: The clan consumes x3 servings]
[Moonpool: Sagestar requests a warrior to help apprentice Campionclaw's kits once they are born, offering some prey]

• I've always done it this way: post one: try for kits. mod reply: pregnant/moon one. post two: moon two. mod reply: moon three. post three: labor. so on your second post after trying from kits, your queen goes into labor. hope that helped!
• When returning, Mallowcloud's patrol does not scent the mother or the fox kits; it seems the den was abandoned.
• Dusttail's patrol catches x3 minnows and x1 bird.
• Briarleaf finds nothing at first, but on her way back to camp, she comes across coltsfoot.
• Linnetpaw, Applepaw, and Swiftpaw all learn the appropriate skills.
• Starclan kindly returns Sagestar's offering, explaining no bribes are needed. They send Rainclan a strong, but young warrior.

Last edited by frankie (dup) on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frankie (dup) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:31 pm

It took hours upon hours for the cat to arrive, and Sagestar figured that it was by far the longest time she'd ever waited. Her eyelids drooped, her head dipped to her chest repeatedly, and finally, she fell asleep.
    xxxWhen she finally woke up, it was not by her own volition, but by a paw nudging her. Instead of the sky being a lovely painting of purples and pinks as it normally was when the cat arrived, it was pale blue and the sun was shining down. Sagestar turned her head to see a grey tabby with a white chest and muzzle.
    xxxThe cat jumped back and beamed.
    "Oh! Hey, who're you?"
    xxxSagestar blinked wildly and slowly rose to her feet.
    "Oh, well... hello. I'm Sagestar, leader of RainClan. I assume you're the cat StarClan sent?"
    xxxThe tabby nodded.
    "Yuh-huh! I had a dream thing and there were cats in it. They were normal cats, but I could kinda see through them? It was weird but cool. My name is Ash, by the way!"
    xxxSagestar chuckled.
    "Well, in clans, we have two parts to our names. What's your best skill?"
    xxx"Oh, I'm really good at tracking!"
    xxx"Okay. How does Ashnose sound?"
    xxxThe other cat's pale green eyes lit up.
    "I like that a lot!"
    Ashnose bounded over to the path, turning around and smiling eagerly at Sagestar.
    xxxSagestar smiled warmly and glanced behind her at the pool, to see if StarClan had taken her offering. The fish was gone.
    She turned to face Ashnose and came up the path beside her.
    She smelt of fish.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxMallowcloud and the rest of his patrol sniffed all along the ground for the milk and fox scent. There was nothing.
    He raised his head to face the rest of his patrol mates and spoke clearly and seriously, but cheerfully.
    "There's no scent, and we didn't see anybody in the den. I think it's been abandoned."
    xxxThe rest of the patrol relaxed, their shoulders dropping in relief.
    xxxIt took a few more hours to cave in the den, but once they were done, the previously foreboding structure laid in a heap on the ground.
    xxxWith a flick of his tail, Mallowcloud beckoned for his patrol to follow him back to camp.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxThe group strode into camp with smiles wide on their faces. There was a new cat amongst their clanmates - a grey tabby who was talking excitedly to Dunnockpelt. Mallowcloud cleared his throat.
    "The fox den appears to have been abandoned. We've caved it in, but I think that we should still send out strong warriors on both hunting and regular patrols."
    He turned to face Sagestar for confirmation, who nodded.
    xxx"Mallowcloud is right. A powerful warrior will be sent out on any patrol for the next while, at least until it's clear that the foxes have left. Dusttail, your patrol may leave now."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxDusttail turned around repeatedly as he and the rest of his patrol headed back to camp. All of the clan's apprentices were nearly warriors, and he wasn't quite sure how to treat them. He was a chaperone, the only warrior there, but at the same time, they were almost old enough to be somebody else's chaperone.
    xxxIt was odd, to say the least.
    xxxHe'd spent the majority of the patrol sidelined from the rest of the group, who talked amongst themselves, fishing within shouting distance of each other while Dusttail scrambled into the space he was most comfortable with - the trees. It was difficult to keep his balance, hunt, and keep an eye on the apprentices simultaneously, but somehow, he managed to climb down with a bird hanging from his jaws.
    xxxThe apprentices all held small, silver, fish - minnows, and looked more than a little sheepish.
    xxxApplepaw set his small catch onto the forest floor and smiled sheepishly
    "We uh, talked a lot," he explained, shuffling awkwardly, "it's just that our warrior assessments are coming up super soon and we're super excited."
    xxxDusttail shook his head.
    "It's alright. It's reasonable to be excited."
    xxxThere was a brief, awkward silence as the four cats stood there, waiting for somebody else to speak.
    Without a word, Dusttail picked his catch back up and began walking back to camp.
    And that was where he stood now, silent and unsure of his place with the rest of the clan.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxBriarleaf grumbled as she made her way through the thick undergrowth of Eastern RainClan territory. The foxes were very likely gone, but Sagestar had still ordered her to search on the Eastern part of the territory, which was a pain to get through.
    xxxAnd she found nothing. Not a cobweb, not a single medicinal leaf, not a single, simple, herb.
    xxxWith a low grumble building in her throat, she started walking to the tree she'd climbed up last time when a bright yellow flower caught her eye.
    xxxColtsfoot!
    It wasn't one of the more useful herbs, but at least the search hadn't been a waste.
    xxxA rare smile spread on her face, and she pulled the flower up before scrambling up the tree and back to camp.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxTraining was not going so well, at least for Sagestar and Linnetpaw.
    xxxThe way they were currently training was either Linnetpaw or Applepaw would sneak up on the other and then pounce at the right time (claws sheathed, of course.) The two were expected to be honest and only turn if they heard a noise. Linnetpaw wasn't very good at judging the right time to leap or where to step, but Applepaw moved slowly and deliberately, only pouncing when he was sure it was the right time. Sometimes it was little too slow for actual battle or hunting, but on the bright side, he was good at being stealthy.
    xxxEventually, though, Linnetpaw did improve and was able to successfully tackle Applepaw multiple times. They were still mediocre at best after training concluded, but mediocre was better than terrible, and so Sagestar decided that Linnetpaw had passed.
    xxxThe two cats spoke excitedly about their training next moon as they headed back to camp, and Sagestar and Mallowcloud smiled softly at the two excited young cats.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxSwiftpaw growled as once again his mentor shouted for him to come down when he was barely up the tree. Begrudgingly, he obliged but walked over the ginger molly.
    xxx"Why do you keep telling me to climb down? I'm doing fine! Are the branches weak up high or something? I could just switch trees!"
    xxxWasppelt was silent for a few moments before speaking.
    "I... I know I was the one who hurt your paw."
    xxxSwiftpaw jerked back in shock.
    "Oh! But... that was a few moons ago. Why is it still bothering you?"
    xxxWasppelt glanced down.
    "Before we came here, I had a mate. He was the leader of a group of rogues - far off from RainClan territory, don't worry. He hated Applepaw because he was the only kit that survived out of my litter. The... other kittens in my litter looked more like him, and he didn't want a kit who looked nothing like him to be his heir. One day... I decided I had to keep my kit safe, so I invited my mate on a walk. There was a river in our little piece of territory, and..." she swallowed. "I pushed him in and held him under. I couldn't let him hurt my kit, not anymore. When word got out that I'd killed the leader, the rest of the rogues turned on me and I took my son and fled. I couldn't stand the thought that I had caused the very thing to happen to one kit that I protected another from."
    xxxSwiftpaw blinked wildly, unsure how to respond to the molly's story.
    xxxWasppelt beat him to the next word.
    "Go on. I want to see how high you can climb."
    Her voice was cheerful, but her amber eyes betrayed her true emotions.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxBriarleaf watched as the clan all gathered together in the main camp, her tail flicking back and forth as Sagestar spoke.
    xxx"Alright, you may all eat while I speak. There will be a hunting patrol consisting of Mallowcloud, Linnetpaw, Applepaw, Wasppelt, and Ashnose. There will also be a regular patrol of myself, Dusttail, Dunnockpelt, and Swiftpaw. Mallowcloud and I discussed it, and for their final lesson, Applepaw and Linnetpaw will be learning how to properly swim. Wasppelt, I trust your judgment in training Swiftpaw. The choice is yours. Briarleaf, could you hunt for herbs? You may search anywhere this time."
    xxxBriarleaf grinned. She'd be searching off from the river this time. There was a herb used for kitting somewhere there, and Campionclaw's kits would be coming any time now.
    xxxAs if on queue, there was a yowl from the nursery, and then a shout for Briarleaf.
    xxxThe RainClan medicine cat raced into the nursery in a panic.
    "Herb hunting can wait!"

Commands wrote:[New Member: Ashnose has joined!]
[Fox Problem: Mallowcloud's patrol caves in the den and heads back to camp. A powerful warrior will be sent out on every patrol until it's clear that the foxes are gone]
[Fresh-Kill: x3 minnows and x1 bird have been added to the pile]
[Medicine: x1 coltsfoot is added to the herb store]
[Skills: Linnetpaw and Applepaw have Stealth added to their list. Swiftpaw learns Climbing.
[Food: 3 servings are eaten. (-1 big fish)]
[Kitting: Campionclaw is having her kits! Briarleaf races in to help her, grabbing x1 coltsfoot along the way in case Campionclaw have difficulties breathing afterward. -1 Coltsfoot from the herb store if it's needed after the kitting]
[Hunting: Mallowcloud, Linnetpaw, Applepaw, Waspelt, and Ashnose hunt]
[Patrol: Sagestar, Dunnockpelt, Dusttail, and Swiftpaw patrol]
[Training: Applepaw and Linnetpaw train for Swimming as their final skill. Swiftpaw trains for Fishing.]
[Herbs: Briarleaf hunts for herbs]

Starclan wonders if Mallowcloud will hear the panicked screeches of the fox cubs in his dreams. After all, they were innocents, barely old enough to eat meat. However, it seems the foxes have left the territory upon discovering their den collasped.
Campionclaw gives birth to three kits. The coltsfoot is not needed.
Mallowcloud's patrol catches x2 big fish.
Sagestar's patrol finds a warrior.
All apprentices learn the appropriate skills!
Briarleaf finds x1 dock leaves.

Last edited by frankie (dup) on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frankie (dup) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:38 pm

Campionclaw's birth was long, but it didn't harm the white-furred queen, to Briarleaf's relief. The brown tabby slunk, exhausted after helping Campionclaw with the birth, into the medicine den to put the coltsfoot back, which, to her shock, Campionclaw hadn't needed. If she was being honest, Briarleaf suspected that the safe, although tiring birth was the work of RainClan's deity of new life, Snowflower. Returning to the nursery, Briarleaf muttered a quick "thank you" to the stars above.
    xxxBriarleaf smiled as she walked into the nursery to see Campionclaw lovingly grooming her new kits, who mewled and squirmed around, as their eyes hadn't yet opened and their ears still folded against their heads.
    xxxThe oldest kit was a solid white molly who squirmed around and mewled more actively than her siblings. Born second was a white tom with a brown tabby tail-tip, back, and most of his head. The last kit born was a solid white tom, quieter than the rest, and not moving around as vigorously.
    xxx"What will you be naming them?" Briafleaf asked, her usually stoic demeanour melting as she watched the tiny kits mewl at their mother.
    xxxThis one's Cloudkit," Campionclaw said, nuzzling the sole molly of her litter.
    She turned her attention towards the white and brown tom.
    "I was torn between Daisykit and Brightkit for this little one, but I picked Daisykit."
    Finally, she nuzzled the little white tom.
    "And his name is Palekit!"
    xxxBriarleaf smiled softly at the small, peaceful little family. It reminded her of the time she'd spent in her previous clan, watching families grow and kits be born. She'd consoled queens who had stillborn kits, she'd try her hardest to pull queens having difficult births from the brink of death, and in the times she'd failed, she'd console their mates.
    xxxAnd now her clan was gone.
    xxxBriarleaf turned and ducked out of the nursery before Campionclaw could see the emotion building up in her chest and on her face.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxAs Mallowcloud laid in his nest, thinking of the fox kits he'd left without a home and the kits Campionclaw was giving birth to right now, his mind drew some... unfortunate parallels.
    xxxIt was the only option. If you hadn't caved the den in, the foxes wouldn't have left.
    xxxHe curled into himself, grinding his teeth in frustration as he fought with himself.
    But those fox kits were innocent! What if they were the kits of dangerous cats, would you have left them without a home, too?
    xxxHe didn't want to deal with those thoughts right now and instead tried to think of anything else.
    xxxIt didn't work.
    xxxHe didn't sleep that night.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxIt had become routine for RainCln cats to find loners lingering at their borders, waiting for an audience with Sagestar. Sometimes their claws were unsheathed, their fangs bared, or sometimes they wanted a place to sleep for the night, or had hungry kits that needed food, which RainClan could provide.
    xxxAnd sometimes they wanted to join.
    xxxThat was the case for the dark grey tabby currently sitting on the edge of their borders.
    "Ah, hello RainClan. I'm interested in joining you."
    xxxSagestar blinked it surprise - this was the second time that a cat on their borders had been so interested in joining them.
    "Oh! Well, uh, who are you?"
    xxx"I'm Smoke. Although, clan customs take on another part? Seems unnecessary to me, but do what you must."
    xxxSagestar flicked her tail.
    "It's clan custom. What's your greatest skill?"
    xxx"I'm an excellent leader."
    The grey tabby flashed a bright smile in Sdidn'tr's direction, but Sagestar didn't spot the thinly veiled threat.
    xxxSagestar dipped her head.
    "We don't have a suffix for that. How about..."
    She thought for a minute - the cat was fairly attractive.
    "Smokeface?"
    xxx"Hmm... alright. Still seems unnecesary.""
    With that, Smokeface stepped over the border and followed the group back to camp.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxBriarleaf glanced from spot to spot as she made her way through the territory. So far, she hadn't spotted an herbs.
    With a huff, she continued on through the territory.
    xxxIt took some time, but she eventually spotted some large green leaves.
    Dock? Again?
    xxxWith a frustrated growl, Briarleaf picked the dock from the ground and started heading back to camp with the green leaf between her teeth.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxApplepaw gasped as he lurched forwards yet again, his small body slipping deeper into the water.
    xxxWater filled his lungs, and his paws flailed awkwardly as he tried to right himself.
    It only took a few seconds for Mallowcloud's teeth to clamp around his scruff, but those few seconds were terrifying.
    xxxHe flailed uselessly as his mentor pulled him out from the center of the lake and onto dry land, where the small ginger tom flopped onto the dirt and rolled around, trying to lose the water that had clung to his fur.
    xxx"I told you not to go too far in," his mentor grumbled, although he sounded more exasperated than angry.
    xxx"I'm sorry. Swimming is scary."
    xxxMallowcloud nodded solemnly, but let the little ginger tom slip back into the water, provided he didn't go out too far for a while yet.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxLinnetpaw's heart beat rapidly as they waited in front of Sagestar. Their assessment and Applepaw's assessment were both happening today, and all they wanted to do was get up and go get it over with.
    xxx"So, Applepaw and Linnetpaw will be performing their assessments. Good luck to both of you! Due to this, they're excused from training and patrols. Wasppelt says that she'll be teaching Swiftpaw Stealth, and there will be a hunting patrol consisting of myself, Wasppelt, Smokeface, and Dunnockpelt. There will be a border patrol with Mallowcloud, Dusttail, and Ashnose. Briarleaf, you may hunt for herbs wherever you please. Again, good luck to Applepaw and Linnetpaw, and regardless of whether you pass or fail, I hope you have fun."
    xxxWith that, Linnetpaw and Applepaw padded off, side by side, ready to take on their assesments and hopefully become warriors.

Commands wrote:[Cats: Aphidmask, formerly of RavenClan, may be found at any time, and will be renamed Pearfoot upon joining]
[Kits: Campionclaw names her kits Cloudkit (F), Daisykit (M), and Palekit (M)]
[Fresh Kill: x2 big fish are added to the prey pile]
[Cats: The new cat joins the clan as Smokeface]
[Medicine: x1 dock added to medicine store]
[Skills: Swimming has been added to Applepaw and Linnetpaw's lists. Fishing has been added to Swiftpaw's]
[Assesments: Applepaw and Linnetpaw begin their assesments! Should they pass, they will be named Applecloud and Linnetwhisker respecitvely]
[Training: Swiftpaw trains for Stealth]
[Hunting: Sagestar, Wasppelt, Smokeface, and Dunnockpelt hunt]
[Patrolling: Mallowcloud, Ashnose, Dusttail, and and Swiftpaw patrol]
[Herbs: Briarleaf goes herb hunting by the river]
[Food: The clan consumes x4 servings (-Two rabbits)]

winter solstice. wrote:
      [ Applepaw and Linnetpaw both pass their assessments with flying colors! StarClan welcomes the two as new warriors: Applecloud and Linnetwhisker! ]
      [ Swiftpaw successfully learns the Stealth skill! ]
      [ Sagestar's hunting patrol fails to catch any prey this time around. There was neither scent nor track of any prey animal, anywhere. ]
      [ Mallowcloud's patrol does not find anything of interest. ]
      [ Briarleaf finds Rush x1 and Lovage x1 while herb hunting. ]
Last edited by frankie (dup) on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me