| ✰ | Burn This Home | A Short Novel

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

View Count --

+ 1
63%
+ ✰
37%

Total votes : 19

Re: | ✰ | Burn This Home | A Short Novel

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:22 pm

yay. No one important died.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

| 17 | Noah's Journal

Postby woes » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:31 pm

Burn This Home has been taken down so I can continue
    to work on it in my spare time without fear of someone
    claiming my work as their own. Thank you for your
    continued support and interest. <3
Last edited by woes on Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
woes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

| ✰ | ...

Postby woes » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:37 pm

Thank you for sticking with me as I wrote this story! This is my first time taking on a project like this, as well as my first time ending a story. It's been tough and it took a lot longer than I would have liked, but I'm happy to see it all finished. c:

I really appreciate every comment and the support I received for this story. Thank you so much! <3

Sorry if I didn't conclude the story very well! I tried, but endings are harder to write than I expected. At the very least, I hope you enjoyed reading!

Since this is my first time working on a story like this, I'm sure I missed something somewhere. So,,
    Please feel free to ask any questions you may have or ask about anything you aren't sure about.

What's next? I'm rewriting a few chapters before archiving the entire thing. I also promised my friend a shipfic so uh,, i might post that.

Last but not least, if you like my writing style keep an eye out for a new story called "Tolling Bell." c;
Last edited by woes on Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:49 pm

Aww, that was a very nice ending. Wrapped everything up quickly without dragging on.
And I'll definitely keep an eye out! Your style is lovely

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:25 pm

Ah, bravo! Well done, and congratulations! :D :clap:

So Ode truly is 100% dead, then? Good XD I was mildly concerned that gods couldn't actually die; that because of their connection, her power/consciousness wells into existence like a spring, never stopping, and "flows" into Noah; so as soon as he (the tap/stopper/call him what you will) dies, she'd coMe baCk. Glad you took better care of them than I might have :lol:
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woes » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:57 pm

@TheSongOfTheStars
    Ahh thank you! I'm glad I could end it okay. ^^

@Ranger of the North
    Thank you ranger,, your comments have given me life while writing this tbh.

Ode is completely dead. The only part of her that is still around is her magic and power, which Noah can now use.
    Usually, gods can't die completely. They go "dormant" to store energy and magic, then resurrect themselves. When Ode was killed, her magic should have attached to her soul, storing energy until she could come back. But Noah's soul was still alive and capable of using Ode's magic, so instead of going to Ode, all of the magic and energy went to Noah because he was better able to store it.
    Starved of magic, Ode's soul will never be able to form a physical being again and will slowly fade away into nothing, all of her magic "draining" into Noah.

That's my convoluted explanation, anyways! I have no idea if that made any sense aha.

Noah can die, but he would just come back like any other god. Koda is immortal because his soul is basically stuck to Noah's, but if Noah is killed their bond will break, leaving Koda dead. :/

Thank you both,, your comments have been a+ motivation to finish this story and I'm really glad I was able to complete it. <3
woes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:16 pm

Rest in pieces, Ode c:<

Hopefully Noah can keep himself intact, then! XD

And you're more than welcome; it's been a pleasure following along :D
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BTH Updates and Info

Postby woes » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:47 am

Hey guys! I'm still endlessly grateful for your support while writing this story, and I appreciate all of your comments and kind words. <3 That being said, it's been a few months, and I have a few updates and random tidbits for you guys! This post might be kind of long, so feel free to skip over parts you don't care about.

Art / Media
    I have some art of Noah and Koda to share! Sadly, I'm horrible at drawing humans, so you'll have to bear with some anthro designs.
    References ( Noah + Koda )
    Cover Art ( Noah + Koda )
    See their TH Profiles for more! ( Noah // Koda )
    Are fluffy, gay one-shots more your style? I wrote this for a friend and regret it daily, and now you can too.
    I wrote a poem about Koda dying. Fun!
    Lastly, I finally put together BTH's playlist.

What Happens After the Story?
    A lot, to put it simply.
    Noah and Koda end up in a relationship and get married in the 1800s. Koda takes Noah's last name (Redemere).
    They live together for most of their history, moving house every once in a while. Koda usually works, and Noah teleports them to and from places. Neither of them can drive because of course they can't.
    Koda dies a few times. He's reckless and doesn't seem to have common sense (probably because he hasn't needed it for over 600 years) but Noah always gets him out of trouble. They stay the same for the most part, just enjoying life and always staying close to nature and forests. Noah has a few scary run-ins with other gods, but he's good at deescalating the situation and usually comes out fine.

What Comes Next?
    Welp! Here comes the though part.
    I'm not sure what I plan to do with Burn This Home. An animated series would be great, or maybe just a full-length novel. Either way, Burn This Home will be taken off of CS shortly so that I can re-work it. A lot will be changed, and a lot will stay the same. If, for whatever reason, you just want to re-read the series, you can always pm me and I'll send you the latest updated story. I'm not sure when it will be removed, so if you were wanting to finish reading it or wanted to get in some last-minute criticism, please do that soon. Thanks again for all of your support. It's been awesome seeing my story do well on CS, and I hope that one day I can see it do well on TV or on store shelves!

And finally... Trivia
    Did you know Burn This Home has gone by several different names over the years I've been working on it? These include Voices (edgy wow), Glass Forest, and Burn this Forest.
    Noah and Koda being a couple has been planned from the very beginning of this story's creation (2-3ish years ago). I decided not to completely include it, but there are a few nods here and there to the idea that they like each other. c:
    According to the average life span of the time, Noah should die any day now. Good thing he can't anymore! Ha ha... ha...
    Noah and Ode aren't my only godly characters! I have maybe 15 actually drawn out, but in their universe there are upwards of 100.
    Noah's official godly title is "The Vicious Lesser God of Fire." Vicious meaning his abilities are destructive, lesser god meaning he isn't incredibly powerful, and fire being his element/magical ability.

I think that's all! As always, if you have any questions, criticisms, or anything else feel free to pm me. <3
    I love and appreciate you all and thank you for sticking with me and my sub-par novel!

Edit: Everything has been removed and I feel empty yet excited!
woes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me