Floodclan Stories & Legends || Rise Leveling Reqs and Misc

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Floodclan Stories & Legends || Rise Leveling Reqs and Misc

Postby Placebo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:35 pm

Floodclan Hub

This is where a majority of the writing associated with Floodclan will reside, including any worldbuilding text, stories, legends, scenes, or specific leveling requirements. History summaries, personalities, and other miscellaneous information about clan members' characters will not be here permanently.

Table of Contents
---
---
---

Template

Code: Select all
[center][quote]► Write about or draw a scene of your choice.
---
[b]Characters:[/b] [url=xxx]---[/url], [url=xxx]---[/url], and [url=xxx]---[/url], with ---.
---
[i]Short preview and explanation.[/i][/quote][/center]

[quote][center]--story goes here--

[b]{000}[/b][/center][/quote]
Last edited by Placebo on Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level 2 Requirement || Camp Scene

Postby Placebo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:09 pm

► Write about or draw a scene about your clan's camp.
---
Characters: Daystar and Canarypaw (@ 12 moons old), with a Lightningsong cameo.
---
Within the story, Canarypaw refers to Daystar by his nickname (Damien) and Daystar refers to Canarypaw and Lightningsong by their nicknames as well (Cain and Ramesh respectively).

Daystar muttered under his breath as he worked to sort through the bundles of herbs he had knocked over in his haste to get everything situated. The process of getting all of the herbs waterproofed and the most perishable ones moved to the wetleaf camp was always a hassle, but undeniably a necessary evil.

But, Daystar thought with an amused huff, thankfully he had another pair of paws this year to help him with the grunt work. And just as he lifted his head, the soft scent of dandelions met his nose. Speak of the devil.

Canarypaw trudged his way into the darker confines of the medicine den. The noticeable drop in temperature and sweet scent of his leader was a welcome balm, but his pelt still smarted with anger as he thought back to Lightningsong’s cutting tone. The tom always got like this whenever he thought the borders weren’t marked just so. Honestly, there was nothing pleasing him, was it…

“Ramesh sent you back to camp again?” Canarypaw perked up a bit at Daystar’s voice, but then groaned and slumped his head as he shuffled forward in the most exaggerated way he could muster in his current foul mood. He mushed his forehead into the warm confines of Daystar’s backfur. Canarypaw felt his leader’s form shift as he laughed. Laughed at his misfortune.

“You’ll have to give him some time to cool off, Cain.” Canarypaw nearly tipped forward when Daystar turned around to face him, but one light brown paw shot out to catch his descent. “What did he send you to do this time?”

“Help you out for the day,” Canarypaw grumbled, but seeing Daystar’s sympathetic visage served to cool him down even further as Daystar moved to wrap up the last of the herbs. Daystar then frowned abruptly and tsked. “He needs to stop sending you away when you annoy him. Honestly, that tom…”

“I don’t even know what I did this time.”

“I’ll talk to him later this evening about it, don’t worry Cain.” Daystar nudged the medicinal packet into one of the natural shelves made by the branches in the tree, and then turned to face his young apprentice. But, since you’re here now, you’re still gonna help me reinforce these dens.”

Canarypaw groaned again.

---&&&---

Canarypaw lifted one paw to wipe at his nose, and wrinkled it as he got the rough clay on his muzzle. He patted on the last of the mixture to the outside of the hillside den, and jumped down to four paws to assess his work. Still scrutinizing the smoothed lining of the entrance to Daystar’s den, Canarypaw called out, “How does this look, Damien?”

While Canarypaw waited for Daystar to emerge from the confines of the future queen’s den, another hillside den dug by a long-gone rabbit family and repurposed, the dark-furred apprentice took the moment to admire the quick work he and his leader made of the dens. At the far entrance to the camp, the future apprentice den’s opening was noticeably sturdier, and not far from that the rock and root overhang making up the barely-used warrior’s den was patched up with the same clay mixture caking between his toes. Closer to the center, the near-pristine elder’s den, made of large stacked logs reinforced by boulders and elevated by the hilly landscape, looked as good as ever. At his back Daystar’s den, tucked into another hillside right next to the medicine cat den, was finally done in its repairs.

Canarypaw welcomed the ache of the hard work. Now looking at the final repairs to the dryleaf camp, the apprentice flicked his tail in satisfaction. Just wait ‘til Lightningsong saw this.

“Ah, that’s perfect!” Dusty fur flooded his vision as Daystar jumped up to the mouth of the entrance. He nodded approvingly and leaned back on his back paws to flick off the remaining mud from his front paws. “Well, looks like we’re done for now. And judging by the sky, just in time as well.”

Canarypaw followed his leader’s line of site to the sky. The earlier cheery blue and white sky was awash with dark gray clouds as the sun set. Looked like it was nearly time to move west.

Their wary appraisal was abruptly cut off by a low growl. Canarypaw flushed at his loud stomach, while Daystar chuckled. “Here, the evening’s still young. If you’re willing to walk a few ways, I can see about catching us some crawdads.”

Canarypaw didn’t feel so tired anymore. He jumped up to nudge at Daystar and exclaimed, “The evening won’t stay young forever!”

Daystar’s mirth morphed into a laugh. “Alright, haha, alright! I’m sure Lightninsong can handle getting his own food tonight. Let’s get going.”
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level 4 Requirement || Clan Tradition

Postby Placebo » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:01 am

► Describe a clan tradition. (100+ words)
---
Characters: Daystar and any leaders that come after him.

Clan Tradition || The Leader's Odyssey

Before Daystar could even think about gaining his nine lives and essentially rule over the floodplains surrounding the Great River, he first had to demonstrate that he had the strength and resolve to hold and maintain such a vast territory. Once he did, his ancestors connected him to the territory spiritually with the aid of other local spiritual beings that previously inhabited the region. It is only after the connection ceremony (done while a leader is asleep) that the leader gains their nine lives. The connection doesn’t give Floodclan leaders any advantage in battle nor gain them any special physical skills. The most it does is ensure that their essence will remain in the floodplains long after they're gone, but it also gives them ties to the land that lets them be aware of the state of the territory in small ways, like, little impressions or feelings when something’s awry. In order to gain this essential connection, a leader must first pass nine trials either before they become a leader or while they are a deputy.

Daystar, in particular, had to demonstrate nine ways that he’d be able to secure the territory— one way for every life. This “Odyssey” so to speak was all done before he met his deputy and mate, Ramesh/Lightningsong. The journey and nine trials is unique for each new leader. All newly appointed deputies have to go through the same song and dance throughout their tenure as a deputy, whether or not they live long enough to replace the current leader. However, in the future, it won't be unheard of for a deputy to be unable to complete their trials before their time as a deputy is over. The ancestors believe that the completion of all nine trials, while a leader is still deputy in particular, is a sign of prosperity for the next leader and that the deputy will ultimately succeed their leader.

Daystar’s Odyssey:

1st Life: Established a mutual alliance with the otter tribe (technically already fulfilled when he was really young since he befriended the otter matriarch at a really young age)
2nd Life: Defended the territory against eagles at Eagle Rock (used his ingenuity to run off a young eagle who attacked their parents; the parents weren’t super grateful, but there was a stalemate between the eagles and Daystar)
3rd Life: Gain an ally with a bordering clan and seek counsel (Sunclan)
4th Life: Built his home (he worked tirelessly to build the two camps on his territory and created a way keep them secure when the clan wasn’t around for the season)
5th Life: Defended his borders (fought off rogues)
6th Life: Established another mutual alliance with beavers at the far end of the river, who he routinely trades with for access to large logs for his camps
7th Life: Kept and upkeeps borders absolute (upkept his borders and figured out that maintaining scent markers wasn’t the way to go— he had to secure a reputation and stay in prime shape to ward off any usurpers)
8th Life: Maintained connection with Starclan (Establish the Crescent Lake as sacred ground for Starclan)
9th Life: Gained his first clan member (In the Form of Ramesh/Lightningsong)
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level 4 Requirement || Clan Meeting Scene

Postby Placebo » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:00 am

► Write about or draw a scene of a clan meeting.
---
Characters: Daystar and Cybermask/Elias, with a Jaggedcreek, Ottersplash, Ghostmire, Weblight, and otter bevy member cameos.
---
Within the story, the clan cats are referred to by their nicknames, as in with Damien (Daystar), Cybermask (Elias) and Jaggedcreek (Jaeger).

“All creatures currently within camp, please join me at the meeting circle!”

Daystar’s clear ringing voice was quick to turn the heads of his clanmates. Though they stood in the bushes at the entrance of the camp, all eyes immediately zeroed in on the newcomer. Elias shrunk back even further behind the small leader. Under such heavy scrutiny, the bobtail felt his chest constrict.

The hustle and bustle within slowly petered off, and an almost uncomfortable lull permeated the air. Elias took in the sight of the creatures in front of him. And it wasn’t just clan cats, either.

Daystar (or, Damien as the golden tabby insisted Elias call him) did tell Elias briefly about the presence of other allied creatures in his territory, and how today was a busy day for the clan. But it was one thing to hear about it, and a completely different thing to actually see it.

The camp itself was gorgeous in its own right. The workmanship inside seemed intentional in how it blended in yet stood out with the rest of the forest and floodplains, and high ledges and fallen trees only added more defense to the camp. Cats of all different shapes were dozing, conversing, and playing on the springy grass within the camp, but extra sleek, dark figures were, at second glance, not cats. They were otters. Was that even a fox and beaver talking at the far end of the clearing?!

And they were so… familiar with each other. Not a tang of hostility rose in the air (at least, not until Elias showed up) and all creatures in the camp were totally and utterly relaxed around each other. Elias couldn’t stop his jaw from dragging on the forest floor at the sight.

“Don’t leave your mouth open for too long, unless you’re looking to catch a fly or two in there,” Daystar’s amused voice drifted over Elias in the almost-quiet, and Elias abruptly snapped his maw shut.

Still, it seemed to break the tension hanging in the air. A massive mottled tom chuckled and shared an amused glance with a handsome point cat beside him. A sleek, light brown otter chattered their agreement as they lay sprawled out against the mottled tom’s form, and the creatures relaxed stiff shoulders. But, Elias was still on edge as the creatures slowly filed further into camp and under a low hanging tree. Under the tree rested a specifically-placed boulder, and Daystar led Elias to it with purpose. Elias swallowed around a dry throat, and followed.

As they passed, he was assessed by a gray tabby that had their eyes narrowed at him. Elias shifted closer to Daystar in reply, and the tabby immediately laughed with mirth at the reaction.

In the opposite direction, another voice rose up, this one just a little bit jeering. “Damien, Damien. Taking in another stray, I see.”

Elias whipped his head over to a smiling muscular brown tabby already sitting poised under the tree. Daystar snorted. “And what would you call yourself when you first joined the clan then, Jaeger?”

Obviously a blessing to this entire forest,” The tabby sniffed, and Daystar rolled his eyes at the comment. Elias almost stumbled at the stark familiarity between the leader and subordinate. Elias would sooner get killed by his old leader had he talked back to her like that.

Elias wasn’t given too much time to dwell on the phenomenon. Daystar quickly approached the circle, and turned around to regard the creatures gathered around the rock. “Everyone, I know this is a bit sudden for some of you, especially since the last adult cat to enter the floodplains was well over a season ago.”

A low murmur undulated amongst the gathered crowd. Though, Elias noted in relief, the expressions ranged merely from neutrality to wary concern. Not a hateful look in sight.

Daystar continued, and the crowd hushed. “I’m proposing we allow him a trial run and give him a taste of what it’s like to be a Floodclan cat, as I did with you all. Our groups continue to grow with each new season, and should you all decide to accept him, I hope to offer Elias a home here. In turn, he will swear loyalty to us so we may grow stronger in our own right.” Daystar’s kind, yet stern gaze trained on Elias, and the seal point tom abruptly found himself without words.

“So. What do you say, Elias?”

Last edited by Placebo on Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level 4 Requirement || Freeform | Lilyfrost History Drabble

Postby Placebo » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:08 am

► Write about or draw a scene of your choice.
---
Characters: Lilypaw/Lilyfrost and Lightningsong, with a Daystar cameo.
---
This scene is a snapshot into Lilyfrost's past, during her first few moons in Floodclan. At the time, the clan was a small, budding thing with barely three members in total; it had a long, long way to go. With a difficult and mysterious burden plaguing her, Lilyfrost had unfortunate reservations about her new co-leader, Lightningsong.

Lilypaw isn't quite sure what woke her at first. The quiet sounds of rain outside were brutally efficient in knocking her out, but in the next heartbeat she blinked awake to the near pitch black recesses of the den. Though she wasn't touching either, the warmth naturally emanating from the two toms and the soft humidity beckoned her back to sleep, but not before the mouth of the den lit up in a cold wash of blue light. Lightningsong's form illuminated before flickering out, and Lilypaw's breath stilled.

His large form took a bit of time to come into focus in the low light. The tom who was almost bubbly in his playful nature in the daytime was absent. In his place sat a rigid sentry. A guardian.

The stripes cutting across his pelt broke up his silhouette and greedily devoured the surrounding shadows until the tom seemed to swell with each breath he took. Only his pale eyes reflected any true light, but the gaze pierced through the sheet of rain as if it alone could destroy any darkness in its path. The mist that clung to his pelt highlighted every dip and curve in his slightly hunched form.

In the darkness, Lightningsong’s form seemed to ripple with the power present in every muscle in his body. Though his gaze was unreadable, Lilypaw had felt the echo of a strange, foreign feeling of protection from the solemn tom, and it was near suffocating in its intensity. The sensation squeezed her heart in its vice-like grip, and anchored her where she lay prone. Thunder rumbled in the distance, and the cloud of contentment rising up reminded her keenly of memories of burying her nose in her mother’s flank. In that moment, she knew with startling certainty that nothing would make it past this tom’s claws tonight. Especially not to the two he was watching over.

A silent shudder of relief blanketed Lilypaw, and for once, she felt the warm waves of safety wash over her like a balm, and for once, she eagerly awaited the boneless, relaxed sleep of someone who knew for a fact they were safe from harm. Lightningsong could easily take care of any—

Oh.

Oh no.

Any false sense of security drained from her. Reality shocked her back into reason like a blast of frigid water.

Though the air around her was warm, Lilypaw suddenly felt very, very cold.

This was Lightningsong.

This was the cat her father sent her to kill in a desperate power grab of the territory he so coveted and wanted to control, even from beyond the grave.

And this was the tom standing in her father’s way. How could she even hope to catch the tabby off guard long enough to secure power? Broad shoulders and piercing claws ripping into her pelt ran through her mind. She stood no chance against him.

Lightningsong would rip her to shreds.

Last edited by Placebo on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Summer of Thorns || Writing Prompts

Postby Placebo » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:25 am

Summer of Thorns

Rise Summer Event 2018
Prompts Completed: 5/5
---
Characters: Multiple
---
These writing drabbles are all writing prompts from the 2018 storyline-based summer event.

Writing Prompt 1 wrote:
“We need to attack them.”

“I second that! Better yet, we should do it right now, actually.” Alderfang was quick to put in his two cents, and Canaryleap who sat beside him smacked the brown tom with his tail.

“We aren’t attacking any thing or any cat anytime soon,” Daystar shot Alderfang a withering look from his slightly raised position on the natural dais, and chuckles started up from Ghostmire and Ottersplash from the circle of ten individuals that made up their small clan. His former apprentice Alderfang, on the other hand, looked wholly unrepentant at his outburst, and writing it off as a lost cause, Daystar turned to his mate who spoke the first comment.

Like everyone else in the circle, Lightningsong lay prone on the springy grass of their meeting clearing, but Daystar could still see the tension coiled in his form despite how his face remained neutrally pensive. Daystar could definitely relate-- though the two as leader and deputy tried to keep a calm head, the underlying strain was palpable. And from the pinched faces of the youngest members of the clan, Daystar could tell the others could feel it too.

Lightningsong frowned almost imperceptibly, but the storm behind his eyes seemed to energize the air. “We can’t just take this slight sitting down, Damien. They know we’re here, and they know what they’re doing.”

“I know, Ramesh. But I saw the numbers they had, clear as day. No matter what advantage we have in skill and terrain, they still outmatch us in terms of sheer numbers. No matter the outcome, no benefit outweighs the potential cost, and I’m not willing to jump into a fight and risk any harm coming to my clan,” Daystar paused to look around the circle of the cats he’s come to love so dearly. “To any of you.”

Lightningsong’s eyes softened at the admission, and so he sighed in resignation, willing to accept defeat, at least for the moment. “Fair enough, Damien. My pledge is always to you and the clan first, and the territory second. But you know for a fact I won’t just stand idly by and watch anyone be attacked.”

Daystar smirked at that. “Trust me, I don’t expect you to. I’d like to see them try and go on the true offensive against Floodclan.” Low growls of assent echoed within the circle.

Ghostmire, ever the mediator, turned his sharp blue eyes up to his leader. “What do you propose we do then, Damien?”

Daystar paused for a small second to peer up into the branches and check one last thing. Their more feathered clanmate watched from the shadow of the leaves, and beady, raven eyes shown in an expectant light. With silent communication from Arek, the raven, Daystar decided. He stretched out his paws until claws popped from their sheaths in a faux show of nonchalance, and his maw stretched into a deceptively small grin. “Well, let’s do what we do best first-- kindly negotiate them off our turf. And if they don’t listen to words... we’ll feed them to the snakes.

The raucous yowls, and caws, of his clanmates were like music to his ears.

{529}

Writing Prompt 2 wrote:
“Oh Starclan, this is too good!”

Lightningsong’s raucous laugh sounded through the undergrowth as Daystar padded back to camp with his mate. The smaller tom tried not to laugh himself, but he couldn’t help but be tickled. The cats in the invading group could barely swim, and they were looking to take territory from Floodclan! In Wetleaf, of all seasons! Daystar couldn’t stop the giggle that bubbled through at the thought. The invaders would sooner drown than get far enough into their borders to be much of a problem. That is, if the otters didn’t get to them first. “Looks like we didn’t have much to worry about in the first place, huh Ramesh?” Daystar inquired to the handsome tabby, and his mate flashed him a smirk filled to the brim with mirth.

“This works even better in our favor, Damien! Maybe now we can actually start up that betting pool Cain was looking to make.” At the mention of their young warrior, Canaryleap, Lightningsong nudged Daystar conspiratorially. His brow wiggled expectantly. “And maybe we can even get him to catch us that duck you’ve been eyeing for the past quarter moon.”

Daystar flicked his tail in faux annoyance and rolled his eyes at Lightningsong’s antics. Still, the classic tabby’s grin was unmistakable. “Maybe so.”

Daystar peered off into the trees thoughtfully as they approached the temporary camp that the clan set up for the emergency of the invading cats. It seemed like less and less of a crisis with every paw step, and the new information made Daystar confident of the clan’s advantage over the rogues. “We’ll need to tell the clan this new tidbit of info... For now, what do you think we should do, Ramesh? Stage an ambush on our soil?”

Lightningsong turned his warm golden gaze onto the lovely tom, a bit surprised. The larger tom was content with Daystar taking the lead with this situation, but seeing the careful leader defer to him made Lightningsong pause to consider his own thoughts. “You know... I think we should wait it out, just for now. I’d suggest a more aggressive stance if I knew the whole group could possibly navigate this territory, but seeing that they’re not able to, there’s a good chance they might simply leave the floodplains as a lost cause. Sometimes the passive aggressive means is the only aggressive way you need.”

“Oh, really, now?” Daystar raised a brow at his mate wryly.

Lightningsong grinned cheekily, and pointedly looked at Daystar. “I learned from the best, after all.”

"Oh shove off, you," Daystar growled playfully, and Lightningsong laughed and bounced a bit of a ways away to escape his mate’s faux wrath.

Daystar’s attention drifted from his mate once more as he became softly pensive, and thought to his medicine cat’s, Lilyfrost’s, words earlier that day. “You do bring up a fair point, though. Best to see if they’ll simply leave... though I do know Lily had requested that I speak to her today, even though she told me it wasn’t urgent enough to derail our patrols of scouting out the invaders.”

Lightningsong hummed in reply. “Very true... let’s see what she has to say, then. And if they do manage to get far, we can always just drown them.” At that, Daystar sighed at Lightningsong. There's the violent response he was waiting for.

{560}

Writing Prompt 3 wrote:
Daystar settled into his nest with a frown. The news was... troubling. “So two cats are meant to come, then?”

“To sum it up, yeah. The vague nature of the message was a bit odd, if I’m being honest. The ancestors and spirits within the floodplains usually make such an effort to keep things succinct concerning signs we need to prepare for.... it makes me a bit concerned, Damien. They did tell me they were working with limited information.”

The cinnamon leader turned an assessing eye onto his medicine cat. “So, at least in regards to how much we know about the rouges, it looks as if we’re all a little bit in the dark.”

Lilyfrost flashed her leader a wry smile. “I guess so. But you were right about them having barely any water experience. The ancestors definitely stressed our advantage in the water. If blows come to blows...”

“We hit them at their weakest,” Lightningsong finished her statement and bared a fang menacingly, a not-grin at the thought of an imminent fight. Daystar turned a wary gaze onto his mate, but then his own deep green eyes hardened as he thought about protecting his own. When push came to shove, Floodclan never truly backed down. Not for anything.

“Well then. We need to be ready for when these two cats actually come. You said one of the ancestors approached you personally, too?” Daystar turned to his medicine cat.

Lilyfrost nodded, but her gaze became troubled and she hesitated, obviously conflicted, before speaking. “...Stonerunner approached me.” Daystar felt his throat dry up around his tongue in shock. Stonerunner? “He wasn’t frightened, per say, but he was... vexed, in a sense. Stonerunner told me personally that there seemed to be something blocking the ancestors’ sight, another starry presence that partially shrouded the rival group. The land and water spirits of the floodplains aren’t willing to interfere with the spiritual disputes that only affect one species, so the ancestors have to operate on knowledge based on observation.”

Daystar tried to brush off the vertigo of having Stonerunner be mentioned and focus on the matter at hand. He absorbed Lilyfrost’s words and looked up in surprise. “That... doesn’t sound very good.”

Lightningsong raised his brow at his mate. “How so?”

“It implies they have spiritual protection of a sort. Spiritual protection isn’t given to just a rag-tag group of rogues or any random city colony that pops up. They’re organized.”

Lightningsong’s face dawned in realization. “Which means...”

“They can be actually bargained with,” Daystar hummed under his breath in thought. “Looks like taking the most straightforward way won't reward us anymore... Well, seems as if we’re going to have to prepare to negotiate with a couple of cats. They’re bound to show up sooner rather than later.”

{465}

Writing Prompt 4 wrote:
“He’s quite the character. Not necessarily what I was expecting from the vision you received, Lily,” Daystar flicked his tail thoughtfully as the scents of the two toms at the border faded as the group walked back to camp.

He looked over his shoulder to gauge his clanmates’ reactions. Lilyfrost and Lightningsong looked equally thoughtful from the results of the brief meeting, and the siblings, Mistdawn and Dawnmist, looked suspiciously dazzled. But, Daystar had to hold back a grin at Alderfang’s obvious glower. There was a slight rumble in his voice as the chocolate tom spoke. “Seemed like a whole lotta bluster from where I was standing.”

“Well... Apollo seemed pretty nice to me,” Mistdawn looked away bashfully as his tail curled in slight embarrassment.

“Yeah, he seemed pretty cool, Alder. Plus, he's willing to help,” Dawnmist followed. She did a better job than her brother of disguising her infatuation, but her ear tips were pink with a flattering blush.

Alderfang scoffed and rolled his eyes. “Oh please. Both of you would sooner twine your tail with his than see the threat he’s posing to the clan.”

That definitely got the twins hot. Dawnmist was quick to hiss at the older tom. Excuse you? Just ‘cause you hate the tom doesn’t give you the right to bring into question our loyalties. We know he’s a possible threat, ‘cause, guess what, we know he’s part of the invading group.

Mistdawn rolled his eyes after shooting Alderfang a glare. “Honestly, Dawn, Alder’s probably just mad that Apollo’s prettier than he’ll ever be able to accomplish. Can’t have his delicate tomhood come into question.”

Alderfang’s gasp and affronted look was almost laughable in its exaggerated nature. But, knowing Alderfang, it was probably completely genuine. Excuse me?! I’m not intimidated by some pretty boy posing as leader! You both saw him, clear as day! No one that gives looks like he does is ever genuine.”

Dawnmist raised a brow dubiously at the admission, but then abruptly narrowed her eyes in glee. Ohhh, I see what it is now,” Dawnmist turned to her brother, “Mikey, it looks like Alder’s trying to disguise the crush he has on Apollo.”

“What the-- I don’t have a crush on him!” Alderfang’s voice was shrill in his denial, and the twins’ laughter echoed up around the larger tom.

Daystar turned back around to navigate the patrol back to camp, and grinned in amusement where the young warriors couldn’t see. Judging from the low chuckles from both Lightningsong and Lilyfrost, the two shared his quiet mirth. Still though, Daystar couldn’t deny that Alderfang had a point. The only thing they were operating on now was Apollo’s word to do what he says he’d do, which was uncertain at best.

...But, if his hunch was right, and the group was suitiably organized regardless of the inexperience in leadership, maybe the invaders would listen to reason.

The continued bickering behind him pulled Daystar from his thoughts, and he finally put his paw down. “Knock it off, you three,” He commanded, though not unkindly, and continued, “Your crushes on the tom are all well and sweet, (“I don’t have a crush on him, Daystar!”) but we need to focus on the matter at hand. If what Apollo says is true, we’ll be seeing a meeting with their leader in the near future. We’ll need to be prepared.”

{564}

Writing Prompt 5 wrote:
“Thank Starclan that ended well,” Daystar sighed as his patrol, consisting of himself, Lightningsong, Alderfang, and Canaryleap, made their way back to camp. Once the meeting was shown to be calm, Canaryleap, the only hidden cat of the patrol and the fastest cat in the clan, slunk back to camp unseen ahead of Daystar and his two warriors. He was stationed as a scout in case anything went awry, and Daystar was beyond relieved that Canaryleap would return to camp with the good news. The rogue situation ended peacefully, and now the clan could rest easy knowing that there was one less threat lurking on the edges of the territory.

Daystar hoped the peace would last longer than a few moons. With the clan’s biannual move back into the much-loved floodplains scheduled at the beginning of dryleaf, he wanted assurance that the borders would stay secure once the flood waters receded enough for hunting to be viable. Since Hecate seemed willing to listen to reason, Daystar allowed himself to be hesitantly optimistic.

“It would’ve ended better had Alderfang not insulted Hecate like he did,” Lightningsong glared over his shoulder at the chocolate silver warrior.

Alderfang, trailing after his leader and deputy, only succeeded in looking a little bit contrite before blurting, “But just look at her! She was so short!

Lightningsong scoffed. “Honestly, you deserved the slap she gave you. We’re trying to uphold the impasse longer than a sun-cycle, Alder.” Daystar laughed under his breath. But... no matter how insensitive, it was still kind of funny. Daystar could still see the surprised confusion on Hecate’s face before it morphed into comical disbelief and then settled on deadpan anger. And that hit came out of nowhere.

Alderfang, alternatively, merely flicked his gaze at the smarting scratch on his cheek. Hecate’s belated attempt to keep her claws in only resulted in her giving him a noticeable slash across his cheek. Obviously still not seeing the problem with the situation, he then tried to stick out his tongue to lick the scratch, but it was too far. Alderfang then huffed. “ 'S not my fault she can’t take a joke. All of those rogues need to lighten up, if you ask me. But to be honest with you both, I’m just glad to see the last of that Apollo tom.”

Lightningsong rolled his eyes at the action and turned back around to track Daystar’s plush tail through the undergrowth. “Can you believe this kit, Damien?” Daystar laughed vocally at that.

{418}
Last edited by Placebo on Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding Scene || Jaggedcreek and Diamondglint

Postby Placebo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:33 am

Breeding Scene:

Ticket (Accepted 12/1/18)

Sigh… What a perfect day. Bright skies, the sweet burbling of the stream just a few tail-lengths away, and…

“Aaahgh! This should not be this hard!”

Jaeger giggled under his breath as he rolled in the drier grass away from the banks. And the hilarious sounds of Diamond flubbing up her fishing yet again. He should probably help her, but…

Jaeger looked over his shoulder at the smaller she-cat, and had to stifle another laugh at her wet, bedraggled form. Nah, the sight was too good to pass up. “You’re doin’ great, hun!” He silently promised to come to her aid in a couple minutes. Maybe.

Her golden-eyed glare met his eyes, but his amusement overshadowed any preservation instinct he would’ve had otherwise. “Get over here and help me,” She hissed.

Jaeger stretched out a paw as his lips curled into a pout. “But you’re so far away…”

Now!”

“Hah, alright! Don’t let that pretty long fur of yours tie you into a knot.” His voice rung in obvious mirth, but the dark tom could tell that Diamond probably wasn’t that mad. But, unbeknownst to him, he missed the unmistakable glint in her eyes as he padded over, easy going like always.

Her maw twitched into a smile as Jaeger plopped down and mirrored her crouch next to the brook’s edge but then went a step further to lay down on his side to get comfortable. He took a moment to bat at the jingling kittypet bell around her neck before quickly pulling his paw away as the pretty she-cat’s face morphed into a larger frown. He peered into the moving water, and tapped a paw against the surface as tiny silver fish flitted about. “You gotta remember that the water distorts where the fish really are underwater, so you’ll have to adjust your strike to compensate. Plus, they can see you as well as you can see them. And what they see is a blob of darkness coming at them,” He raised a brow at her thoughtful look. “You have been careful about not casting your shadow onto the river, right?”

Her gaze flitted over to his own, and then she rolled her eyes. “Of course, Jaeger. I can remember a few simple steps.”

“Then what’s the issue?”

“Well…”

Jaeger sputtered as multiple deliberate splashes rained on his face, and he yowled as he tried to scramble back from the stream’s edge. “What the!--”

Diamond laughed. “Alas, these fish are too smart for your tactics, Jaeger. Get too close, and they splash back.”

Jaeger shook out his fur as he tried to regain some composure. He pointedly ignored Diamond’s smug look as he peered into the stream’s cheerfully blue water, now determined to catch one of the little demon spawn. “Well, I don’t know about you, but I’ve never seen a fish that could withstand a cat’s claws. A bit of a challenge, sure, but watch and learn…” He leaned over to peer into the stream again…

“Mhmm…”

And spluttered as he was splashed. Yet again. Diamond’s laugh turned into a gleeful giggle. “I can’t believe you fell for that again! Don’t put your face so close to the stream,” She purred.

Jaeger whipped around to turn his own frown onto the pretty she-cat. “And who’s the teacher here?” His frown deeped as even more water splashed onto his face. He wanted to pull his head away, but he didn’t want to give Diamond the satisfaction.

Diamond’s smirk turned triumphant even though her mottled pelt was as wet as he was. It seemed as if she got all of the satisfaction she was looking for. She playfully nudged his shoulder with her paw. “I dunno, Wetpelt. You tell me.”

{620}
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level 5 Requirement || Patrol Scene

Postby Placebo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:09 pm

► Write about or draw a patrol.
---
Characters: Weblight, Seapearl, and Alderfang, with a Lilyfrost and Jaggedcreek cameo.
---
Within the story, Weblight expresses a little bit of difficulty in getting her friend Seapearl up for morning patrol. Alderfang's not much help, either.

The clan members are referred to by their nicknames, like with Seapearl (Ana and Anahita), Weblight (Winny and Winona) and Alderfang (Andean).

“Psst, Anahita. Are you up?”

“Hngnn… what? Winona?” Seapearl shook to awakeness in time with how the gray she-cat shook her shoulder. Blearily, she turned foggy eyes to the mouth of the warrior’s den. The golden tabby let out a soft whine. “Winny, the sun’s not even up yet.”

“Sorry, Ana. But, Andy’s leading the patrol this morning.” Seapearl’s groan increased a tick in volume at the response, and she got a dark foot smacked against her shoulder for her efforts. Jaggedcreek low, sleep-heavy voice rumbled as he spoke. “If you’re gonna talk, do it outside.

Still too groggy to bother retaliating like she normally would’ve, Seapearl merely rolled over onto her side and followed the cobby she-cat outside.

Seapearl’s mood immediately soured as she took in Alderfang’s form, fresh as a morning flower. The camp was dark and near silent around them. She barely registered Lilyfrost’s form walking through the camp entrance and knew she’d forget about seeing her in the morning.

She forced herself not to get angry as the larger tom visibly smirked at their fatigue. “You girls ready to go?”

“Well, aren’t we chipper today,” Seapearl grumbled under her breath, and Weblight merely talked over Seapearl to spare her of Alderfang’s mischievous nature. “Yup! When are we not?”

Alderfang thankfully decided to let Seapearl’s comment slide as he turned tail and trotted out of camp. “That’s the spirit! We’ll be patrolling near the coast today. Feel free to eat whatever you catch, the otters are coming later this evening to help train the apprentices.”

Weblight brightened at the promise of fat fish later on in the day. What a motivator.

Not so much for Seapearl, though. She remained as unresponsive as when Weblight rolled her out of bed. The gray tabby felt a twinge of guilt, cause she knew how much of a morning cat Seapearl was definitely not.

Weblight curled her tail around Seapearl’s in apology. When Weblight felt the golden she-cat’s tail squeeze back, she knew there were no hard feelings.

Alderfang was just insufferable.

{341}
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level 5 Requirement || Starclan Scene

Postby Placebo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:18 pm

► Write about or draw a meeting between your leader or medicine cat with Starclan.
---
Characters: Daystar and his late mother, Moon.
---
Day's mother, Moon, pays him a little visit.

The clan members (former and current) are referred to by their nicknames, like with Daystar (Damien, Day) and Moon (Nana).

It felt a little bit like a memory.

Daystar also felt like Damien, in that moment. No Dayrunner, or Daystar as a title… Just, Damien. He felt so tired, and yet…

A tongue rasped against his pelt, sweet as can be. He was enveloped in the softest, warmest fur he had ever come across in his lifetime. Damien mumbled under his breath, trying to get more comfortable in this cloud of contentment.

Her soft voice soothed him. “Peace, Damien. All is well, my dear. If only for right now.”

“Nana, my clan… they need me. I can’t keep sleeping,” Damien replied under his breath, but he was reluctant to leave her side.

A purr vibrated under Damien’s chin. “Your clan always comes first for you, don’t they?”

Damien’s own chest rumbled to match her’s. “Mhmm,” He sighed as she methodically worked her way to clean between his shoulders, like she always used to. “I think you’d like them, Moon…”

Moon rubbed her cheek against his forehead. “I think I’d like them to, Day.”

She kept up her gentle grooming, right up until she couldn’t. She nosed her kitten’s cheek. “Time to wake up, Day. I’ll see you soon.”

Damien felt a pang in his chest. Deep down, he was so sure he wanted to stay, but the thought of his clan pooled wakefulness into his limbs. The light gray tones of the forest around him faded away as he slipped into sleep.

Daystar blinked open his dark eyes to light filtering through the branches of the warrior’s den. He had decided to take last night to bond with his clan, and fell asleep alongside them. His mate, Lightningsong, was curled up around him, breaths deep and easy. The warm scents of his clanmates pervaded his nose. The scent of Moon slipped away from him like water down a stream, as distant as his memory of her. Though he was so sure he went to sleep half-wet with his mate, his fur was curiously pristine.

An even more curious feeling bloomed in his chest in the aftermath of the dream.

It told him today would be a good day.

{358}
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level 5 Requirement || Freeform | Redsand's First Day

Postby Placebo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:27 pm

► Write about or draw a scene of your choice.
---
Characters: Daystar, Mallowpaw, and Redsand, with a cameo from an npc named Tulane (Redsand's father).
---
Remus formally joins Floodclan, but not without some unintended consequences.

The clan members (former and pending) are referred to by their nicknames, like with Remus (soon to be Redsand).

Remus initially kept a straight face as a painfully familiar form popped into view amongst the foliage. Deep copper eyes widened before abruptly narrowing in outrage. The thin female rounded on her small leader, who stood beside Remus, serene as can be.

“Daystar, you can’t be seriously considering bringing this kittypet peddler into the clan!”

Remus regarded the loud she-kitten not unlike a nasty smear he just happened to step in. The look barely fazed her as thin fur puffed up indignantly.

Daystar’s mouth curled into the first smile Remus had seen on the smaller tom all day. Though, Remus guessed he shouldn’t read too much into it. Why would the leader be sweet to Remus when he’d barely met the ginger tabby?

“Well good afternoon to you too, Mallowpaw. Did the patrol go well?” Daystar asked the she-cat, amusement coloring his voice.

Mallowpaw walked over to Daystar on stiff legs, and in the most petulant show of immaturity Remus had ever seen, she hissed at Remus as she walked closer to bury her snout into her leader’s plush fur. After a moment of huffy silence, she muttered into his fur. “It went fine.”

Remus had to stop himself from rolling his eyes as the lilac she-cat blatantly moved her maw closer to her leader’s ear and loudly whispered, “Daystar, he’s part of Tulane’s gang! He’s chased me in the twoleg town like- like a bajillion times! He’s bad news!”

Daystar sighed and rasped his tongue against the apprentice’s head in a sort of I-indulge-your-antics-because-I-think-you’re-endearing kind of way. “I’m well aware, Mallowpaw. But, as a former member who no longer wishes to live under Tulane, he’s willing to work with us since he finds Tulane’s methods as suspect as we do. Please don’t antagonize our guest.”

The she-cat groaned loudly, but a shout from across the camp caught her attention. Daystar motioned to dismiss the young cat, but Mallowpaw made sure to leave Remus a departing hiss and a jeering Slowpoke,” As she left. Oh how Remus longed to sink his teeth into the little whelp’s tail. If Remus wasn’t so completely in Daystar’s line of sight, he would have bared his teeth at the she-kitten.

But, Remus had to keep his cool. No use blowing his cover now that he had gotten so far. Tulane would just have to be patient, no matter how much the fat old tom wanted to rush the operation. Though, unlike his father, Remus knew the importance of finesse.

And yet, almost like he could read Remus’s thoughts, Daystar’s voice drifted over to the red tabby. “I know exactly who your father is, Remus.”

Remus abruptly felt the skin under his fur grow cold as he turned wide eyes toward Daystar.

The tom remained unflappable as he looked out into his bustling camp like he hadn’t just dropped that bomb. Remus wished he could recede into his fur in that moment as Daystar’s cold, heavy gaze slowly slid over to him. “You try anything, and I’ll send you back to Tulane in pieces.”

{509}
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me