✦ | Chocolate + Vanilla || A recipe for...

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

✦ | Chocolate + Vanilla || A recipe for...

Postby khvoxtic » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:17 pm

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ✦ [𝓒𝓱𝓸𝓬𝓸𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓮 + 𝓥𝓪𝓷𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓪] ✦ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┌─────────────────┐
Username: khvoxtic +323740
Kalon Name: Keyton
Kalon: Vanilla

Username: justamindset +695530
Kalon Name: Hemlocke
Kalon: Chocolate
└─────────────────┘

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Last edited by khvoxtic on Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:04 pm, edited 52 times in total.
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ | Keyton || Success!

Postby khvoxtic » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:53 pm

𝓘𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓪 𝓼𝓾𝓬𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Everything went perfectly and according to plan. Just as it should, it was his job after all. Being an events co-ordinator really helped in the long run to make birthdays for loved ones so much easier, venues knew him already and contractors would give discounts if he ensured further recommendations for their businesses.

Watching Hemlocke be fawned over by friends and family alike as they bid goodbye left him with a warmth settling in his heart. He really couldn’t have hoped for a better day. Hemlock joined him shortly after, hand slipping into his own as they let out a small sign of relief, finally leaving the cafe in the backdrop as they made their way home and the attention of being the birthday boy would officially take a back seat for the remainder of the day. Allow for Hemlocke to recharge his battery and for himself to grind out the next hours of work.

Turning the handle to enter their apartment, he could physically feel his significant other settle into the comfort of their own home. As much as a birthday party was wonderful, he was sure it took a lot out of the other to be the center of everyone's gaze.

“Happy birthday my Locke.” Keyton hummed, putting a couple of presents down on the coffee table to be sorted out later. As if that was the indication he was home and free, a shrill tune rang out, snapping him instantly into work mode as he collected the phone from his pocket, Keyton checked the caller ID before turning back.

“Work calls my dear, as soon as I’m done I’ll be back out” He promised, leaning up to press a soft kiss to Hemlocke’s cheek, answering with a swift flick. “Hello, Keystone Events, you’re speaking with Keyton! Please hold” He rattled off on autopilot, looking up to Hemlocke with a soft tip of his head, watching as he fidgeted with the bag in his hand.

“Aren’t you forgetting something?” Hemlocke muttered, Keyton stood for a second before grinning.

“Oh! I love you!”
      “I love you too, but I mean..- nevermind.”
      “Are you sure sweets?”
      “Yea, yea… I’ll tell you later.”

Beaming up to him, Keyton nodded.

“Ok, ok.. If you’re sure!” He hurried, smushing the phone between his cheek and shoulder as he turned to pick up a notebook and pen lying nearby. “Thank you for holding. How can I help you today? Ah! Penny! I’ve been waiting for you…” He rattled off, making his way to his office, voice slowly fading away from Hemlocke’s ears.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆[432]
Last edited by khvoxtic on Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:04 pm, edited 28 times in total.
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ | Hemlocke || Disaster?

Postby khvoxtic » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:08 pm

𝓘𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓪 𝓭𝓲𝓼𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻...

Everything went wrong, everything had fallen through.

Locke stared at the bowl of leftover batter on the counter, smoke furling up from the crisped cake resting on the bench as he leaned on the space beside it, head falling into his hands before pulling away suddenly as flour coated his face. His boyfriend had been tense all day making sure his own party had been a success, to the point he had managed to forget his very own. How was he supposed to fix this? No one had been able to squeeze in extra time to visit, all the restaurants had been booked out and now this? He couldn’t even make a cake correctly.

A soft click echoed down the hall making Hemlocke straighten, looking worriedly at the entrance as he waited for the inevitable.

“Locke, darling? Why do I smell smoke? Are you all…-” Key’s face poked around the doorframe, finally taking in the mess as he stopped mid sentence.

“Oh, darling, you’re a mess! What’s all this?” He cooed, walking over and dusting flour from his face gently. Hemlocke let out a shaky sigh as he leaned into Keyton’s hands.
      “You forgot.”
      “Forgot what my love?”
      “It’s your birthday too and we didn’t do anything for you today. It was all me, and now everythings gone wrong; I just wanted to make you something special, and I tried to bake a cake for you but I guess I didn’t time it right and…”
      “Woah, my dear.” He cut in, “It’s okay. Breathe. Let’s see what we can do.”

With a gentle smile, Key teasingly knocked Locke’s hip with his own to gently bump him out of the way as he surveyed the kitchen. With smooth efficiency that Locke could only wish to have, he took out the cupcake tin from beneath the oven, chatting away about an event coming up as he did so. It felt so natural.

Four cupcakes, the remaining batter made four, simple, little cupcakes. Sliding them into the oven while Key put a timer on his phone “There! That should do it! Do we have icing?”

“Yep. I made some earlier!” Locke beamed at Key. He was so proud of himself; it was the one thing he hadn’t managed to mess up! Key’s returning smile lit up his face. “I can follow the recipe for lemon glaze icing! Oh, and I got chocolate shavings. I bought those though.”

“You and your chocolate addiction.” Keyton laughed, a small part of him settled with the noise.
      “Hey! It’s not an addiction!” Hemlocke protested
      “That’s what an addict would say!” Keyton rebutted, moving to sit on the counter with a grin on his lips. Maybe this wasn’t as much of a disaster as he had originally thought. Flicking some flour at his boyfriend, watching as he spluttered in protest of it, Hemlocke moved over to press a kiss to his nose.

“And Happy Birthday to you too, my Key.”

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ [496]
Last edited by khvoxtic on Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:04 pm, edited 18 times in total.
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ | Together || A wish

Postby khvoxtic » Tue May 29, 2018 6:25 pm

“I can’t believe you forgot your own birthday, we literally share the date. My birthday should also equal your birthday in that mess of a brain of yours…”

Keyton laughed gently, taking the cupcake from Hemlocke’s hand, watching the candle wave around.

“Doesn’t matter, this is the best birthday ever. I got you, I got cupcakes, what else could I ask for?”
      “Well... make a wish and we’ll see”

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ [69]

Last edited by khvoxtic on Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:05 pm, edited 18 times in total.
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ | Credits || Thank you!

Postby khvoxtic » Tue May 29, 2018 6:26 pm

Writing Totals:
      Keyton - 432 words
      Hemlocke - 496 words
      Together - 96 words

Total: 997 / 1000

Art Breakdown:
      Sketch + Lineart - khvoxtic
      Colour + Render - justamindset

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ [to the top]
Last edited by khvoxtic on Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:08 pm, edited 20 times in total.
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me