Chamrosh's Chattel Conglomeration

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Gustclan post 28

Postby Chamrosh » Wed May 16, 2018 9:40 am

Gustclan

xxxxI’ll write a proper post at some point later
Commands wrote:
[ Harrierpelt goes out to look for herbs ]
[ Pearstone and Sparrowpaw, Boulderdash and Nettlepaw, Osierfang and Merlinpaw, Chubtail and Firepaw, Shellcloud and Langoustinepaw and Droseratail and Vendacepaw go training ]
[ Bugleclaw, Lobeliafur and Moraine go hunting]
[ Heronstar and Myrtleclaw go on patrol ]
[ Argusheart, Barnfish, Ploverkit and Cicelykit stay in camp ]
[ Gustclan consumes 1 big fish and 1 squirrel – 5 servings ]

Katrione wrote:
[ Harrierpelt found thyme and alder bark while herb hunting ]
[ Sparrowpaw and Nettlepaw learned the Agility skill while training ]
[ Merlinpaw, Firepaw, Langoustinepaw and Vendacepaw learned the Hunting skill while training ]
[ Bugleclaw, Lobeliafur and Moraine caught two big fish and a mouse while hunting ]
[ Heronstar and Myrtleclaw found a warrior while on patrol ]

Last edited by Chamrosh on Thu May 17, 2018 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Gustclan post 29

Postby Chamrosh » Wed May 16, 2018 9:44 am

Gustclan

xxxxI’ll write a proper post at some point later
Commands wrote:
[ Martinwhisker joins Gustclan ]
[ Sparrowpaw has grown into a fast and agile warrior; Sparrowfoot ]
[ Ploverkit and Cicelykit have become apprenticed to Myrtleclaw and Heronstar ]
[ Argusheart has been gestating for 1 moon ]
[ Boulderdash and Nettlepaw, Osierfang and Merlinpaw, Chubtail and Firepaw, Shellcloud and Langoustinepaw, Droseratail and Vendacepaw, Myrtleclaw and Ploverpaw and Heronstar and Cicelypaw go training ]
[ Bugleclaw, Lobeliafur, Martinwhisker and Sparrowfoot go hunting ]
[ Argusheart, Pearstone, Moraine and Barnfish stay in camp ]
[ Gustclan consumes 1 big fish and 2 mice – 5 servings ]

Katrione wrote:
[ Sparrowpaw is now a warrior: Sparrowfoot! ]
[ Ploverkit and Cicelykit are now apprentices: Ploverpaw and Cicelypaw! ]
[ Harrierpelt found burnet and goatweed while herb hunting ]
[ Nettlepaw, Ploverpaw and Cicelypaw learned the Stalking skill while training ]
[ Firepaw, Merlinpaw, Langoustinepaw, Vendacepaw learned the Tracking skill while training ]
[ Bugleclaw, Lobeliafur, Martinwhisker and Sparrowfoot caught four mice while hunting ]
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Gustclan post 30

Postby Chamrosh » Wed May 16, 2018 10:00 am

Gustclan

xxxx"Those are awesome scars." Langoustinepaw helpfully announced as she saw Shellcloud for the first time after the gathering.
    xxxxHe'd come back with a set of scars right across his nose. Harrierpelt had clearly done some improvised first aid on the way back, as they weren't bleeding and didn't look too painful, but they were still glaringly obvious, cutting right across both nostrils and barely missing an eye.
    xxxxDroseratail scowled, overhearing the comment, but Langoustinepaw's brother clearly agreed too, as he muttered a hushed "Woah," at the same sight.
    xxxxShellcloud didn't really react too much to the comments, at least on his face. But then, he responded calmly to most comments about him. "I don't like how wonky they are." Shellcloud said, like the fact his scars weren't perfectly vertical was almost as noteworthy as the scars themselves, and wrinkling his nose slightly to show just how wonky they could get. And it was really cool, in Langoustinepaw's head at least, that her mentor didn't seem to care at all about the pain. Though Drosertail clearly did, judging from the rather rude things he was muttering to himself.
    -----

xxxxBarnfish didn't feel so good as he used to. Not just in the sense that he was becoming fairly old now, for a loner, or that his joints were beginning to feel slightly less supple thanks to his many moons of fishing as his primary sense of hunting (because pouncing after prey when you're half blind with little depth perception is extremely hard and unreliable, but the light upon a fish can be used to judge depth, making it more reliable).
    xxxxHe was sure he was getting something.
    xxxxBarnfish was getting thirsty all the time now, and he couldn't help but notice he was beginning to lose weight. He seemed to be losing energy a lot, and it was exhausting just to do basic tasks.
    xxxxHeronstar had frowned and said that he wasn't expected to do more than a bare minimum, being an elder and all. Harrierpelt seemed busy with Argusheart, so Barnfish was still waiting to get the medicine cat's attention to what he was sure was an issue.
    xxxxHe had no idea what it could be, but he was completely sure there was something wrong with his health at the moment. He just felt so exhausted all the time. At least he had a good spot in the elders' (elder's) den, in a soft raised platform where the sun could hit his stomach squarely and keep him warm. If he had to wait for medical attention, there were worse ways to do it.
    -----

xxxxHeronstar had taken a long while working out how she was going to apprentice her own blind kit, and she felt like she had a reasonable solution now. It was probably best to start with something that she was sure the method she had devised could indeed work for. Ploverpaw and Cicelypaw had started together, for a brief introduction of how important paying attention during training was, before they separated for the actual learning.
    xxxxHeronstar lead the way, keeping herself close to Cicelypaw, so the blind apprentice could follow easily by the feeling of her fur. Heronstar was acutely aware of each time Cicelypaw entirely stopped, to investigate anything in front of her, just to be sure it wouldn't hurt her. Heronstar would stop too, humouring her daughter (knowing the behaviour would probably end sooner if Cicelypaw knew what was around her, and knew it was fine), and explain what everything was. "That's some sedge. It's green with dangling grey bits." or "That's an aqualegia or columbine flower. That one's purple, but some are blue, pink or white." or "That's a dandelion. The flower's yellow, but it will turn grey and the leaves are green." became very typical statements during their walk. Heronstar decided to add the information on colours so Cicelypaw would have some idea about the appearance of various cats she might meet as a warrior, and not be so lost in duties when she was older. If- and therefore when- Cicelypaw had kits of her own, she would need to know all these colours so that she could actually participate in naming them.
    xxxxHeronstar lead them to a spot with quite a lot of cover. "This area has a lot of vegetation in it. It's good to have a lot of cover available when stalking, to help hide you well. It's also good to be acquainted with various plants so you know the best cover for you."
    xxxxCicelypaw had already started investigating another plant, and she quite proudly announced that it was a hop plant immediately after Heronstar had stopped speaking. "Yes. If you're going to insist on investigating everything that thoroughly,
    xxxxI suggest getting that done." Heronstar settled on a patch of grass as Cicelypaw investigated all around them. Her excitement and nervousness were clearly around equal. Cicelypaw loved actually being able to get out of the nursery, to be beginning her warrior training, and everything else, but she was blind, and aware of how dangerous the outside world could be to a young cat.
    xxxxHaving waited patiently for Cicelypaw to return to focus, and hoping that that wouldn't be needing repeats, Heronstar moved on to teaching. A visual demonstration would never work, so Heronstar explained while gently using a paw to tap Cicelypaw into the right position for stalking. A little while later, when Heronstar was satisfied that Cicelypaw had the basics down, and was actually doing pretty well at the skill, even without her blindness as almost compensation, Heronstar rested down on a patch of ground in the center of the area again. "You seem to be doing pretty well, so I'm going to test you on this now. I want you to see if you can ambush me."
    xxxx"So I've got to try to surprise you even though I can't see where you're looking?" Cicelypaw asked, a little sceptical.
    xxxx"If you head from the wrong way, I can still see how well you're doing. You can get as many points for effort as success."
    xxxx"...Alright." The scepticism hadn't left the apprentice's voice.
    xxxxCicelypaw bolted for cover, and found a spot in a large, dense bush. There was a strange smell in the air, very faintly, though, not knowing every plant in the area, Cicelypaw couldn't say for certain whether it would be just a plant, or something else. With slow, gentle footsteps, Cicelypaw started working her way through the vegetation around Heronstar, searching for another good spot. The smell was intensifying, but it was still pretty weak.
    xxxxCicelypaw stopped under a ferny plant, whose fronds came down and tickled her nose (making the spot a very poor choice for more than a few seconds), before starting out, stomach flat to the ground, with carefully placed paws.
    xxxxIt came as an enormous shock when she heard movement- two sets of movement- and then "Cicelypaw, run here!" from Heronstar. In shock, Cicelypaw froze, unable to move, though completely exposed on the grass with her fur she was told was white, whatever that meant, and standing out like... well, something that stood out a lot. She really had no idea how to describe anything that stood out a lot.
    xxxxSuddenly, Cicelypaw felt jaws close around her neck, and pick her up. She would have panicked, slicing claws wildly through the air, but she caught the strong scent of her mother before that- and anyway, she was still frozen in fear. Heronstar was running, bobbing Cicelypaw painfully up and down by her neck skin, and suddenly stopped. Cicelypaw felt herself swinging outwards as Heronstar turned her head backwards to look at whatever it was behind them.
    xxxxHeronstar made a noise that would have been a shriek if it weren't muffled by Cicelypaw's fur, and a deafening "Ouff!" came from behind them. Cicelypaw was sure she was soaring through air- screaming herself- and then there was scrabbling and scratching underneath her. Only a moment later, Cicelypaw was placed on a thin platform and Heronstar hissed, "Don't move." It was easy to see why not to move, the platform barely large enough for her even laying flat on her belly with her tail hanging below her. Heronstar was left hanging onto bark with her claws, unmoving. Cicelypaw couldn't think why Heronstar wouldn't move; Heronstar was clearly good at climbing and could obviously get higher if she wanted but... didn't trees get narrower higher up? And they, Cicelypaw was sure, hadn't climbed up very high... and yet Cicelypaw was on a narrow branch. Ah. There were no wider branches. There must have not been many options for trees.
    xxxxThere was a frantic scrabbling below, furious and deadly. Cicelypaw quivered on her branch, her tail twitch-
    xxxx"Aaah!" Cicelypaw yelled as the monster grabbed her tail between its teeth and pulled. Her claws found soft bark, and dug in as hard as they could, but with not nearly enough force.
    xxxxHeronstar scratched the tree once, and leaped down at the monster. The leader was normally highly reserved, and very cautious, never taking on an opponent if she could resolve a situation peacefully, but clearly her daughter being the one being threatened snapped that within her. She didn't bother yelling, and a loud yelp and a sudden release of Cicelypaw's tail (allowing Cicelypaw to get more squarely back on the branch after how the force had been pulling her down) supplied that Heronstar had attacked. There were furious yells and howls and screeches- from both sides. Cicelypaw whimpered, but knew for her safety to try to avoid getting bitten again. Her tail was in excruciating agony, and she could feel something warm and wet pouring over her tail's fur; up to a point. She couldn't feel the tip at all. She could feel a dead weight where the end of her tail was meant to be, though. Cicelypaw did her best to shuffle backwards along the branch, trying to get higher, and wincing at the noises that seemed to indicate her mother being hurt, along with the pain in her tail.
    xxxxAfter a while that felt like a moon, filled with enough noises of pain to match that perception, Cicelypaw could hear something moving in the undergrowth. Something tall and ungainly with a scratchy noise over the top. "Betty! Come here, Betty!" It called, though Cicelypaw couldn't understand it.
    xxxxSuddenly the sounds of battle ended, and Cicelypaw could hear the monster bounding off into the undergrowth.
    xxxxCicelypaw waited only a second before starting to shuffle forward along the branch, moving to the tree trunk. She'd not been taught how to climb yet, but she was sure she could at least try. Points for effort, or something. Something that seemed very insignificant now.
    xxxxCicelypaw put her weight onto her claws against the bark very gingerly, and tentatively added another paw and another and another. She moved slowly, as if she was stalking down the tree, doing her best to not fall, or crash into a branch or anything like that. Each paw move took too long, and after an eternity, Cicelypaw returned to the ground. Her head whipped around, locating the noise of heavy breathing and the smell of blood, and moving forwards. There was blood in the grass, its pungent aroma almost like a wall around Heronstar. Still Cicelypaw continued. "Make sure I get to Harrierpelt, Cicelypaw." Heronstar choked out, as her head collapsed against the ground.
    xxxxBut Cicelypaw couldn't.
    xxxxShe couldn't do anything. Not just because of emotion, although that was a factor. But she had no idea how to get back to camp on her own without Heronstar. She'd just have to wait there until her mother roused. Luckily the monster's smell was faint again. Cicelypaw found a sheltered spot in the densely packed bush and waited impatiently for her mother to wake again while doing her best to care for her aching tail.
Commands wrote:
[ Nettlepaw has grown into a gentle and motherly warrior; Nettleflower ]
[ Cicelypaw is injured by a dog, and Heronstar loses a life (or two) due to shock ]
[ Argusheart has been gestating for 2 moons ]
[ Harrierpelt stays in camp in case of kitting ]
[ Osierfang and Merlinpaw, Chubtail and Firepaw, Shellcloud and Langoustinepaw, Droseratail and Vendacepaw, Myrtleclaw and Ploverpaw and Heronstar and Cicelypaw go training ]
[ Pearstone, Moraine, Lobeliafur, Martinwhisker, Sparrowfoot and Nettleflower go hunting ]
[ Argusheart, Bugleclaw, and Barnfish stay in camp ]

[Gustclan consumes 1 hare and 2 mice – 5 servings ]

Katrione wrote:
[ Nettlepaw is now a warrior: Nettleflower! ]
[ Cicelypaw will need x1 horsetail for her bleeding and to stop infection ]
[ Heronstar lost two lives from the dog attack ]
[ Heronstar will need x1 cobweb for her bleeding and x1 thyme to soothe her shock ]
[ Argusheart went into labor early. She gave birth to four kits ]
[ Merlinpaw, Langoustinepaw, Vendacepaw, Cicelypaw and Ploverpaw learned the Climbing skill while training ]
[ Firepaw learned the Agility skill while training ]
[ Pearstone, Moraine, Lobeliafur, Martinwhisker, Sparrowfoot and Nettleflower caught three frogs while hunting ]
Last edited by Chamrosh on Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Gustclan post 31

Postby Chamrosh » Wed May 16, 2018 10:33 am

Gustclan

xxxxArgusheart was not the sort to instantly make emotional decisions. It was almost ironic, with how her suffix was often seen that she could be so cold. But no, -heart was not about being full of emotion, it was about following your heart, which are two very different things. And she had seen enough kits die. Okay, granted, only one had died immediately after birth yet within Gustclan, but that was still enough to be weary with so few litters having been yet born.
    xxxEven then, it was probably the blessing of Starclan that had kept their deaths so low.
    xxxWhich was why Argusheart was sure that she would face a death in her litter. Blessings only ever seemed to last so long; otherwise the force that sent them would be taken for granted. It only made sense. Their blessing had lasted a long time; it would make sense for it to run to a close soon. She was sure Cicelypaw’s blindness was an omen of those worse things to come, and sure, too, that her litter would be too, although she would be very grateful to be proved wrong.
    xxxShe was immensely grateful that the only defect she could see between them was that her last- and smallest- who seemed to have been star-touched somehow with white in his fur- had far too many toes between his paws, but Harrierpelt had doubted they would be a constraint on his abilities as a warrior, though him becoming a medicine-cat was ill-advised. But Argusheart having spotted one thing at once hadn’t put her mind at ease.
    xxxHarrierpelt had looked at her expectantly, waiting for her to start thinking on names. And she had pulled her coldest look at him, a look as solid as the grip to hold a mouse in place in its final seconds, and spoke; “I’ll name them when I’m sure they’ll all last the first few nights.”
    xxxHarrierpelt had squinted, hesitated, and finally nodded. “Possibly a good plan for all litters. It’s very easy to lose a kit early on, and there’s no use forming an attachment to a kit bound to die. It’ll only make it harder. Waiting- briefly- is probably quite astute.”
    ---

xxxThe rest of the clan were shocked at Argusheart’s decision not to name the kits immediately. Understandably, as all the other litters that Gustclan had yet faced had been promptly named. But it was hard to argue with her, even without the steely look to her eyes.
    ---

xxxIt was two days before Argusheart sought to name them. Bugleclaw excused himself from warrior duties as Argusheart asked. He walked with calm confidence into the nursery, and perched himself on a ledge jutting from the human wall, resting above a hollow, that overlooked the nest from a directly adjacent spot. He hadn’t seen his kits yet, as Heronstar and Harrierpelt had instructed him not to enter the nursery if it could be avoided, even if only his mate were in there, so as not to worry Argusheart.
    xxxBugleclaw wasn’t the emotional sort, but a throb of pride hit his heart as he saw his kits- two tortoiseshells, and two mostly black toms. They all seemed healthy and strong… or they did, at least until he paid closer attention to the white-bellied tom. Firstly, he was sure something was wrong for him to look so different, but even more careful attention brought his eyes to the extra toes on his paws. That could be an issue, potentially; the kit wouldn’t have the dexterity to be a medicine cat, for instance- but he wouldn’t be stopped from being a competent warrior if he wanted to be.
    xxx“They’re all beautiful, aren’t they?”
    xxx“Indeed. They are the strongest kits this clan has yet had.”
    xxxArgusheart nodded calmly. “They’ll all make fine warriors. And now we know that...” Bugleclaw considered names, but before he could speak, Argusheart started. “I’ve always liked the name Pheasant-. I’d like one of the girls to be called that. And this tom-“ she nudged the white-bellied kit “probably wants a little thinking to his name.”
    xxx“Pheasant- is a good name. I’ve always liked Lobster-, which could suit the other tom, the fur-ball. The appearances matches, as well as them being pretty lethal opponents. And as for the other- you mean a reassurance of himself? Something beautiful that matches him.” Argusheart purred very lightly as Bugleclaw spoke, confirming her agreement.
    xxx“Exactly. Something black and white as well.”
    xxx“Perhaps a moth? They’re often those sorts of colours.”
    xxx“No. Moths aren’t normally thought of as beautiful, but as drab. I could only think of one suitable thing- the Camberwell Beauty butterfly. But we can’t use Camberwell-beauty- as a kit name! It wouldn’t be able to form a proper name.”
    xxx“So we just do the same as you. Beauty- would be too vague. Camberwell- would be too long, so let’s use Camber-.”
    xxxArgusheart stared for a few seconds, unbelieving that she missed something that should have been so obvious to her. “Camber is good. And this last molly? Her chest is all red, like the stomach of a mosquito, but I’m somewhat worried about how that might be taken; whether cats may interpret that as being somewhat negative, being weak or annoying or something.”
    xxxBugleclaw shook his head. “No, Mosquito- is a good name.”
Commands wrote:
[ Argusheart gives birth to Pheasantkit, Mosquitokit, Lobsterkit and Camberkit ]
[ Boulderdash and Harrierpelt try for kits ]
[ Osierfang and Merlinpaw, Chubtail and Firepaw, Shellcloud and Langoustinepaw, Droseratail and Vendacepaw, Myrtleclaw and Ploverpaw and Heronstar and Cicelypaw go training ]
[ Boulderdash, Pearstone, Sparrowfoot, Nettleflower, Lobeliafur and Moraine go hunting ]
[ Harrierpelt stays in camp to mind his patients ]
[ Argusheart stays in camp to look after the kits; Pheasantkit, Mosquitokit, Lobsterkit and Camberkit ]
[ Bugleclaw and Barnfish stay in camp ]
[ Gustclan consumes 1 frog and 2 squirrels- 5 portions ]

Katrione wrote:
[ Boulderdash is expecting kits! They are due in two moons ]
[ Firepaw and Merlinpaw learned the Diplomacy skill while training ]
[ Langoustinepaw and Vendacepaw learned the Agility skill while training ]
[ Cicelypaw and Ploverpaw learned the Fishing skill while training ]
[ Boulderdash, Pearstone, Sparrowfoot, Nettleflower, Lobeliafur and Moraine caught three rabbits while hunting ]
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Gustclan post 32

Postby Chamrosh » Wed May 16, 2018 10:53 am

Gustclan

xxxx"Droseratail, please, now is not an appropriate time! I have to go hunting. Chubtail already decided the patrols, and I’m not going to just ditch my duties as a warrior so we can have sl-“
    xxxxLobeliafur stopped her tirade as she became aware of the presence of another cat nearby, largely due to Chubtail – who was leading the patrol – choosing that moment to loudly cough. He hadn’t even been trying to be subtle, but the younger cats had been too engaged in their argument to notice.
    xxxxNow two sets of blue eyes turned to look at him in startled surprise. Droseratail tried not to look guilty but his father knew him well enough to know any of his guilty looks. Droseratail watched his father accompany his mate off to start the patrol, and huffed. He slumped down, practically dropping himself onto the ground. Why was having a mate so much harder for him than his parents made it look?
    ---

xxxxFirepaw curled his tail around his feet, drawing himself into a smaller huddle as Heronstar approached the spot where he sat, staring down at the ground. Sure, the human wall was her place during announcements, but she’d never made a rule of no-one else going up there as long as it was well away from the time for meetings. It was a good spot to sit to look out for intruders into the camp, although there never seemed to be any that came particularly close to the entrance anyway.
    xxxxFirepaw looked away from the leader, hoping that she wouldn’t notice him sitting there, anyway.
    xxxx But apparently she already had.
    xxxx"Greetings, Firepaw.” Heronstar jumped up onto the fence – not as neatly as some other cats could manage it, due both to her never being the best jumper, and to her being one of the older cats that the clan had now. But that had to be expected of any cat who had run a clan since it was founded. “I hope you are well?” Firepaw slowly nodded, trying not to make eye contact. “I believe you’re ready to be a warrior, having had enough training by now.”
    xxxxFirepaw tried not to pull a guilty look. He didn’t think he’d be a suitable warrior.
    xxxx"Really, truly. I thought you might want to have at least some part in choosing your suffix. I try my best to make sure that any cats I don’t know what would suit best I ask first.”
    xxxx"I don’t deserve a suffix.” Firepaw mumbled.
    xxxx"Why ever not?!” Heronstar was genuinely surprised at Firepaw’s guilty statement. Firepaw shook his head. “Come on, whatever it is that you have doubts about must be important!”
    xxxxFirepaw sighed. As he started to speak, every word he spoke came out choked, restricted, and the longer he talked, the worse it got, until he was actually crying himself. “When my old clan broke up, I went with my sister to try to find somewhere safe to live in a new clan. We travelled for a while, before we found a clan which reject Starclan. My sisters decided to join, and I tried to stop them, but I… I didn’t try hard enough. They’ve rejected Starclan, they’re… they’re cursed, and in turn they’ll be rejected too. I didn’t even start to train how to be a warrior until I was old enough to be one myself. Sparrowfoot and Nettleflower are both younger than me and warriors! I’m just rubbish. I’m not mature enough to start training with everyone else and I can’t even stop my sisters… can’t stop them tossing their souls away.”
    xxxxHeronstar was silent for a moment. “None of that was your fault. You can’t control what anyone else wants to do, or what they will do. All you can do is help guide them, and you tried to do that. You always try hard during training – honestly, I’d like for two of our apprentices to behave a little more like you occasionally.” It was pretty clear that Heronstar was talking about Vendacepaw and Langoustinepaw, who had somehow managed to bring a whole bundle of ants into the warrior’s den a few nights ago. “But I think I have a good idea what suffix you could fit now. You more than deserve to be a warrior, Firepaw.”
    ---

xxxx The cats of Gustclan sat gathered in the courtyard beneath where Firepaw and Heronstar had sat earlier that day.
    xxxx “Firepaw, come over!” Firepaw trotted forward, in a manner that suggested he was veiling some uncertainties of himself, and jumped neatly up onto the wall. Far more neatly than Heronstar had before.
    xxxx “How come Firepaw gets to be a warrior already?” Merlinpaw whispered.
    xxxx"Because he’s actually better than he thinks he is – the exact opposite of you, really.” Langoustinepaw whispered back. Osierfang smiled from her spot right behind her mentee.
    xxxx“I, Heronstar, leader of Gustclan, call upon our warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of your code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn.
    xxxx“Firepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?” Heronstar recounted the words of the ceremony.
    xxxx"I wouldn’t need to do anything at the cost of my life, I’d just go in, wham, bam, slash, done, enemies’ butts whuped, only at the expense of me getting a cool scar to show just how tough and awesome I am.”
    xxxx"Better hope your new cool scar’s not across your throat, though.” Vendacepaw said, copying his sister’s teasing tone. Heronstar fixed the three apprentices with a stern look for a moment as she continued. Or rather, Firepaw did.
    xxxx"I do.”
    xxxx"Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. Firepaw, from this moment you will be known as Firepath. Starclan honours your sense of responsibility to lead others to what would be best for them, as well as the promise you show in being a mentor yourself some moon soon. We welcome you as a full warrior of Gustclan.”
    xxxx"Maybe I’ll be… Merlinblaze! Merlinstrike! Merlin-is-the-best!” Merlinpaw whispered as Firepath was welcomed by Heronstar, and his new name was called.
    xxxx"I don’t think it’ll be any of those. The ‘best’ wouldn’t get stuck in a tree for a whole day, would they now?” Osierfang said in a mockingly thoughtful tone.
    xxxxFirepath wasn’t exactly surprised that Merlinpaw had spent his entire warrior ceremony bragging when he found out later. He was a lot more confident thanks to Heronstar's comments during his warrior ceremony, and this was Merlinpaw.
Commands wrote:
[ Firepaw has grown into a warrior skilled in leading and teaching; Firepath ]
[ Osierfang and Merlinpaw, Shellcloud and Langoustinepaw, Droseratail and Vendacepaw, Myrtleclaw and Ploverpaw and Heronstar and Cicelypaw go training ]
[ Argusheart stays in camp to mind the kits; Pheasantkit, Mosquitokit, Lobsterkit and Camberkit ]
[ Boulderdash, Harrierpelt, Sparrowfoot, Nettleflower, Firepath and Martinwhisker go hunting ]
[ Chubtail, Pearstone, Moraine and Lobeliafur go on patrol ]
[ Bugleclaw and Barnfish stay in camp ]
[ Gustclan consumes 1 squirrel and 1 big fish – 5 portions ]

Katrione wrote:
[ Firepaw is now a warrior: Firepath! ]
[ Merlinpaw, Langoustinepaw and Vendacepaw learned the Basic Healing skill while training ]
[ Ploverpaw and Cicelypaw learned the Hunting skill while training ]
[ Boulderdash, Harrierpelt, Sparrowfoot, Nettleflower, Firepath and Martinwhisker caught two squirrels and a big fish while hunting ]
[ Chubtail, Pearstone, Moraine and Lobeliafur caught scent of a nursing loner and her kits ]
Last edited by Chamrosh on Thu May 17, 2018 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Gustclan post 33

Postby Chamrosh » Wed May 16, 2018 11:23 am

Gustclan

xxxxOnce word of the new queen reached Heronstar’s ears, it took barely a moment for her mind to be resolved. It was her instinct to think cautiously, that was true, but she severely doubted that a lone female whose priorities would almost certainly be minding her kits would be any significant threat to her warriors, even if she was aggressive. More importantly, her cautious mind was playing ahead to issues that would only come to plague Gustclan as the next generation took over leadership. But she didn’t want to phrase her concerns. Phrasing them aloud would only inform other cats of Gustclan’s vulnerability; either encouraging panic or treachery.
    xxxxShe spared a quick look at her mate and deputy, and the quick nod in return confirmed her thinking. Moons of being mates, and of being the leaders of the clan (leaders, for she had spent long enough in the nursery during her leadership that Chubtail really did deserve some credit for being able to step in) had allowed them both a very accurate model of how the other thought, and so they really could have conersations just by meeting each other’s eyes if they wanted.
    xxxx"Treat it as high priority to meet them. Make sure there are enough warriors going so as to be able to ensure a victory if a battle starts, but also to ensure that any kits can be safely transported. Make sure that you only take those with a peaceful temperament; we don’t want any aggression to feel justified, or worse yet, necessary. It is better to have too few going than to force a fight. Don’t take Bugleclaw or Myrtleclaw.”
    xxxxShe knew that Chubtail would nod understandingly before leading the others out of the leaders den, she knew him too well to not know that. As they left, she tucked her paws under her chest, hoping that this wouldn’t result in a kit dying in the thick snow. Hopefully sending no –claw cats would help signal she meant no harm.
    xxxxIt was easy for them to make decisions for this queen, here in the warm, both literally and by being surrounded by family, but out there, on your own, having to care for young kits in the freezing cold… How can one who’s warm understand one who’s cold? Who could know how this would go? Heronstar just hoped the queen wouldn’t reject their offer for clan life.
    ---
    xxxxMosquitokit had watched how her mother groomed for as long as she had lived, and had also learned that absent mindedly grooming between your toes seemed to be a good way to show mild disdain for whatever was going on around you. Presently she was grooming between her toes (despite what her mother said about her just ruffling the fur up the wrong way with what she was doing; she did know how to groom herself, and she was doing it properly).
    xxxx"I am the mighty Lobsterclaw! No wait, Lobsterstar, leaders are always –stars right? I’m Lobsterstar, and I will defeat you!”
    xxxx"No, I’m leader, I’m Pheasantstar. You’re the apprentice.”
    xxxx"Why do I need to be defeated?” Camberkit had noticed how silly his siblings’ bickerings were, but hadn’t commented on it, so in Mosquitokit’s eyes, he was participating just as fully.
    xxxx"Because you’re being one of those things Moraine told us about. Gul… Gulah... Gla-?”
    xxxx"Glaciers.” Mosquitokit corrected her sister, in a somewhat know-it-all tone.
    xxxx"Yes, one of those, a gulasser-"
    xxxx"Glacier.”
    xxxxPheasantkit shot Mosquitokit a look for correcting her. "Guhlaysser, and Moraine said they eat kits, so we need to kill them so that we can protect Gustclan’s kits.” Moraine had indeed taught them about glaciers. Despite Heronstar’s early promise about never putting Moraine in charge of kit minding, it had happened, somehow. Moraine had not mentioned anything about eating kits, needing to kill glaciers, or even how glaciers could be killed, but she had mentioned that they did not live anywhere near Gustclan. Somehow three of the kits had entirely the wrong take-aways from Moraine’s folklore.
    xxxxMosquitokit rolled her eyes. “You three weren’t listening at all, were you? Glaciers are meant to be enormous, the size of most clan territories at the very least, and the actual monster is more a swarm of small monsters, with an enormous self-made shell of ice around themselves. Two cats – even a -claw cat and a leader” (the tone of Mosquitokit’s voice made it clear that she didn’t think those really made any significant difference to fighting ability when compared to a creature thousands of times the size of even their father) “Aren’t going to be able to stand a chance against something that can wear down a whole rock as big as this bit of camp to be smooth in a fight.”
    xxxxLobsterkit and Pheasantkit looked at her sceptically. “I don’t think you were paying enough attention.” Mosquitokit tried her best to look even more disdainful, but it’s a hard look for a kitten, especially her age, to pull off.
    xxxx"Yeah, Moraine said Guhlayshee-heres only attack cats that wonder away from the clan, so if the whole clan is fighting, then they won’t attack, duh.”
    xxxx"You really weren’t paying any attention were you? If that plan went wrong – and it would – that would just mean the whole clan dies out! A good leader doesn’t go out to deliberately pick fights with the most impressive opponent, do they? Any cat willing to throw away 9 Starclan-given lives, purely for their own honour, quite frankly deserves to have them taken away, whether or not that makes them look “lame” or “dull”.”
    xxxx"Moskito, honey, how about you stop flea-picking for your siblings and just suggest something you actually want to play?” Argusheart suggested, hoping that at some point one of her children’s games wouldn’t result in Mosquitokit giving her a ton more grooming of her to do. She could tell from the looks Boulderdash gave her kits, that she was dreading how Mosquitokit would criticise all the games of any younger kits within the nursery. It wasn’t hard to guess how this loner female would feel about them, too.
    xxxxMosquitokit wasn’t helped by the contrast between her appreciation of accuracy, and her more ambitious siblings just wanting to learn to be the best warrior so they could someday be leader, although Camberkit would probably have preferred Mosquitokit’s ideas of games to always being the target. And this would go on for at least another 4 moons. Argusheart was not looking forward to all the fights she would inevitably have to break up between her kits.
    ---
    xxxxThere is a point where you will suddenly realise something about yourself if you are exposed to the right stimuli. Shellcloud and Nettleflower were spending yet more time working out how Nettleflower was going to communicate now (Shellcloud had always considered her a friend, at the very least, and he was one of the few cats with the patience to sit with her and work everything out before they were ready to announce how their form of silent communication would work. It would be useful to the whole clan in order to be more sneaky, so of course, they’d decided to turn it into a full mode of communication of its own right).
    xxxxEverything was going as usual, sitting up on the flat surface the humans had had while they’d still occupied the dens, with thin, white fur, spread and draped on top. Of course, it now had a good variety of cat hairs and muddy paw prints, but to a human observer, it was reminiscent of the sheets used to cover the furniture of the deceased. To the cats, it had no such meaning.
    xxxxTheir attentions were briefly wrested due to the noise of the kits barely a few fox-lengths away, and Shellcloud saw her heart melting in just memory of their cuteness, felt it himself from her… Shellcloud looked into the nursery from the angle he was at, to see Argusheart nuzzling Bugleclaw as he came to make a fuss of his kits again for what felt like the thousandth time.
    xxxxNettleflower tapped the table quickly, flicked her tail, and wiggled her ears in exactly the right way to say; We are like them. Not “Are we like them?” There was no hint of uncertainty. And it was fact, wasn’t it? Shellcloud was terrible at expressing himself emotionally, or really, at all, to most cats, and terrible at deciding how he felt about others, but as soon as Nettleflower said (signed?) it, he knew she was right.
    ---
    xxxx Nettleflower shivered as she stepped out into the snow. The white layers came up to her knees, almost to her stomach as she stepped out onto it. Moving quickly kept it below her, but it was still icy cold against her paw pads. As Firepath followed her out onto the snow through the fin to access the dens, he winced, pulled his paws up and complained about how fire and ice shouldn’t go together. Unlike him, though, she couldn’t. She suffered silently as the ice bit into the skin of her pads.
    xxxxPearstone came next, his thick fur keeping him warm everywhere but his eyes, nose and feet, and Nettleflower could see that he had at least the manners not to complain with the thickest fur of the patrol. In truth, he had the manners not to complain about most things.
    xxxxChubtail came last, shivering violently in his short, thin coat, and seeming to have delayed in a failed attempt to brace himself for the cold. He didn’t hide how cold he felt, unlike Pearstone, but as a deputy, he had to maintain a certain dignity under discomfort, and so, much like Nettleflower, didn’t breathe a word.
    xxxxChubtail lead the way for the patrol, having been on the patrol that found this queen first, and knowing the route, but Nettleflower was going to take the lead as they approached. They’d brought a small food offering, so that Nettleflower wouldn’t need her non-present words to declare herself a friend. The plan was that a lone queen would be more trusting of a cat who was willing to help her look after her kits; but also, that as a queen minding kits in these conditions, she’d probably be needing the food, both for strength and to ensure she didn’t need to leave her kits for long to hunt so soon.
    xxxxNettleflower, hadn’t voiced her doubts, nor complained; she couldn’t. And even if she could, she almost certainly wouldn’t, because she loved kits, and was happy to be given the opportunity to make a fuss of them.
    ---
    xxxxMoraine looked longingly after her friend (and hopefully soon, something else as well), Pearstone, as he vanished behind the fin, and it swung wildly after him. Chubtail eyed her knowingly.
    xxxx"You really should just ask him to be your mate, Moraine. I know he looks blind to these things, but he’s probably just too nervous you’ll reject him to show otherwise, and too polite to want to force you into a compromising situation of rejecting him. It’s just the way of his type.”
    xxxx"Are you wro- I mean, you’re wr-" Chubtail cocked his eyebrows, calling out her attempted lie. Moraine sighed “You think he actually wants that?”
    xxxx"I can’t read minds, but I can read faces. He’s very fond of you. I can’t guarantee anything, but I know he won’t be mad for asking. Trust me. It benefits us all for you two to get on with becoming mates as you’ve clearly been wanting to do since you first met.” And as soon as he’d said that, the deputy vanished through the entrance, biting back a loud gasp at the freezing cold.
    xxxxMoraine was a little embarrassed about how obvious her affections must be to everyone else. It really would be better off to get on with it, wouldn’t it, if only so that that embarrassment could end sooner. Yes. Okay. She would do this as soon as possible after the patrol returned, before things became too hectic to do it.
Commands wrote:
[ Chubtail, Pearstone, Nettleflower and Firepath go on patrol; to invite the queen and her kits into Gustclan (and then to help transport the kits safely) ]
[ Sparrowfoot, Lobeliafur, Moraine and Martinwhisker go hunting ]
[ Shellcloud and Nettleflower become mates; no kits yet ]
[ Boulderdash, Bugleclaw and Barnfish stay in camp ]
[ Harrierpelt stays in camp to mind his patients ]
[ Argusheart stays in camp to mind the kits; Pheasantkit, Mosquitokit, Lobsterkit, and Camberkit ]
[ Osierfang and Merlinpaw, Shellcloud and Langoustinepaw, Droseratail and Vendacepaw, Myrtleclaw and Ploverpaw and Heronstar and Cicelypaw go training ]
[ Gustclan consumes 1 squirrel and 1 big fish – 5 portions ]

Katrione wrote:
[ Chubtail, Pearstone, Nettleflower and Firepath found the queen and her three kits ]
[ Sparrowfoot, Lobeliafur, Moraine and Martinwhisker caught two fish and a mouse while hunting ]
[ Merlinpaw learned the Stealth skill while training ]
[ Langoustinepaw and Vendacepaw learned the Diplomacy skill while training ]
[ Cicelypaw and Ploverpaw learned the Fighting skill while training ]
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Gustclan post 34

Postby Chamrosh » Wed May 16, 2018 12:06 pm

Gustclan

Last Moon
    xxxxTabitha’s head rose suddenly away from her kits as she smelt an unfamiliar cat’s presence. The newcomer didn’t smell threatening, but she was painfully aware she didn’t have much warning of that. Honestly, the idea that these were her kits was as scary as being found by a dangerous stranger, even if it really shouldn’t be.
    xxxxShe’d found a sheltered spot under a space where a tree had uprooted, leaving a large and a roof made of soil. Another bush circled around the exposed side. It was sheltered, yes, settled at the base of one of the tall hills, so that the wind swept straight over without coming near to where she had kitted, but it was hardly warm.
    xxxxTabitha didn’t dare move from where she was, shivering, and trying not to sneeze, curled as tightly around her kits to insulate them as she could without cutting off their air. She really didn’t know how tight that was- her attempts to be protective were met with an unhappy mewling from between her legs and stomach.
    xxxxThe cold bit at her ears, and ice tried to form over her eyes, pads long since numbed by contact with the ground.
    xxxxAt least her kits (her kits!) were clustered in the warmest point she could find for them.
    xxxxThis hadn’t been anywhere near so bad before the river froze, or the snowstorm came.
    xxxxSure, it had been cold, but she could walk to collect food without freezing her paws. Her attempts to collect food weren’t exactly great, considering her human had loyally fed her for the first year of her life.
    xxxxTabitha flicked her ears in concern.
    xxxxShe could see the other cat now, grey fur and blue eyes standing out against the field of whiteness and blackness all around her, and with white dots hitting her eyes. Everything beyond a few fox-lengths out of the burrow she had found (possibly not helped by the dim daylight anyway) was just white, apart from the clear grey shape of a cat.
    xxxxThose blue eyes were clearly looking at her. Tabitha shut her eyes tightly, pulling her chin in towards the tiny mewling things she curled around. They were the only warmth to be found, she couldn’t leave them. Without them, she’d freeze, and without her they’d die. It was a terrifying responsibility. She hadn’t been able to hunt for 3 days, and she was getting hungry.
    xxxxThe cold was messing with her senses, she was sure, but was that mouse?
    xxxxTabitha opened her mouth slightly, scent-tasting, and, yes, yes, that was definitely mouse! Oh, what she’d give for a mouse right now, just something to eat, something to do other than contemplate at what point she would just have to accept the cold claiming her, something more fulfilling than just laying he-
    xxxxA dead mouse doesn’t exactly fall with any describable noise, especially not to human ears, but it was recognisable to Tabitha from when her old friend did it for her, and for her human. And there was a patch on her back which was suddenly feeling no wind against it at all.
    xxxxTabitha turned her head, preparing to his, to fight away the cat that had come, but found she didn’t have the energy for anything else than the bare minimum – a breathy noise that a kit could easily emulate, as she now (to her bewilderment) knew. She weakly stared at the newcomer, trying to work out whether even resisting if this new cat was dangerous was worthwhile. The other cat stared back, but with a caring expression that had Tabitha concerned itself.
    xxxxThe cat opened her mouth, seemed to think better of it, then lay down on her belly, so her paws would be under her chest, if she weren’t pushing the mouse she had caught herself towards Tabitha.
    xxxxAnd before Tabitha had a moment to think about why this other cat was doing this, or how this cat had found her, the mouse was gone, into an unending void which had gone empty for far too long.
    xxxxAnd it wasn’t nearly enough.
    xxxxIf only she’d taken a second to just enjoy the food when it was there, to enjoy that brief nourishment… That second of hope…
    xxxxBut it was gone.
    xxxx “There has-s t-to be more.”
    xxxxThe molly before her made a series of strange movements, unnatural ones, tail flicking in precise ways in some form Tabitha didn’t have a hope to understand.
    xxxx “Come o-on, I haven’t-t-t eat-t-ten in d-days! There’s got t-t-to be more.”
    xxxxThe molly sighed, stood, dipped her head slightly, and darted into the undergrowth. Tabitha realised her mistake a moment too late, and curled her head in to her fur, closing her eyes against her fate. She’d just sent away her only hope at surviving, and now she knew what was going to happen to her.
    xxxx “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry you’ll never get to be fully grown, I tried, I did, I’m sorry … I had no idea how to look after you-“ Suddenly tears burst out her eyes, and Tabitha could tell the only reason they didn’t freeze was because her eyes were pressed tight against the warm fur of the nearest kit. “I’m sorry! You didn’t deserve me, you deserved to have a proper mother who… who could… could… have a… a single… a sing… single clue about h- how to look after you. Who… who’d…” And then even tears weren’t enough, a steady stream of them, trickling down previously underused paths of her face, and unused routes through her kit’s fur. She felt stupid, talking to these things that couldn’t possibly understand her, but they were all she had, the tiny, mind-shattering, reality-bending (at least to Tabitha’s world view) bundles of wriggling fluff.
    xxxx I love you Would have been a much better set of last words for a mother without having to be suffixed by I think. But she was sure she did at least care for these things she’d found herself with. The only warmth she had in this snowy waste.
    xxxxThere was a wet slopping sound next to her, a smell of fish- but not just fish, of hope, which was as distant to her as summer- and she had her jaws around it, forcing out all the nutrients from it that she could. It wasn’t a big thing, it was pathetic, actually, but after living after a tree for days, any food was simply marvellous, and when you had to provide for three kits, without the heart to leave any without, there was nothing better, not in anything Tabitha could imagine.
    xxxxThe molly moved closer towards Tabitha, and this time, Tabitha didn’t try to resist her new guardian. Warm fur touched hers, and heat spread through her skin, and if Tabitha knew of anything that felt more pleasant, she couldn’t remember it in that moment.
    xxxx “I h-honest-t-tly don’t-t-t think I c-can tha-ank you enough. What-t’s your name?” Tabitha asked, wanting to know whether she could trust this molly to help with her kits long term. She was sure they were about the same age, and this molly was clearly concerned enough to give her precious food, without taking any herself, it seemed likely, but still, trusting someone with minimal knowledge of them didn’t seem the right thing to do when your human had lost you. You wanted to be sure that you only trusted cats if they’d help your human find you.
    xxxxThe molly performed an entirely different set of motions, this time including bearing her teeth in an oddly precise manner for a moment.
    xxxx “Uh-huh.” Tabitha responded. As if being a mother and her human somehow losing her and having to look after three kits all of a sudden weren’t world-shattering enough, she’d just managed to stumble on a cat who couldn’t speak, by chance. “Well, I’m T-tabitha.” Tabitha’s voice was still shaking from her shivers, and she still quickly pressed her nose back into the warmth surrounding her stomach as soon as she’d eaten what her reduced stomach size could manage, but she still felt warmer, and the shivering and chatter of her teeth was much less than a few moments before.
    xxxxThere was a nuzzling against her back, and Tabitha nearly nipped at the nose against her, before realising it was her helper, and turning to look at her questioningly instead. Or rather, slightly raising her head to see what she was doing. Any more than that would take more energy than she had.
    xxxxThe other molly was looking out into the bush, where three toms were sitting, one solely marked by his bright eyes, one unmistakable by his ginger coat, and the third looking like a rock with snow poured on it unevenly.
    xxxxTabitha tried to dip her head down further into the recesses of her hollow. She could hear a faint murmuring between the toms, but couldn’t pick any words. And then, the grey and white tom fixed her suddenly with a look, and the other two toms stopped muttering so he could speak.
    xxxx “It’s okay, I swear by Starclan we won’t intend to harm you or your kits.”
    xxxxTabitha shook her head slightly. She didn’t know what Starclan was, and her friend had told her to not trust promises to things she didn’t know.
    xxxx “Do you know anything of Starclan or the warriors’ code?” the grey and white tom asked. Tabitha shook her head slightly again. The tom sighed. “I’m Chubtail, this is Firepath, and Pearstone, and that is Nettleflower. Our clan – that’s a big family of us all together – lives close to here, and we don’t want to let a queen and her kits starve in our territory. We can fuss about anything else later, but we really do want to help. We promise to provide you and your kits with food and shelter for now at least, if you’ll let us.”
    xxxxRight now there was no way she was refusing that offer, even though it meant a long pause before Tabitha could finally be persuaded to let the toms carry her kits (and the molly support her) on the long walk back to their camp, occasionally stopping when the cold got too much for her mewling bewilderment bundles. They didn’t ask her name, they didn’t ask the kits names (or complete lack thereof in her case), just focusing purely on trying to convince her that they were trustworthy paws for tiny lives to find themselves in.
    -----
    xxxxIt took several days for the kits names to be announced, in which Mosquitokit (for Argusheart decided to delegate the job to her as soon as the kit proved that yes, she had already somehow memorised almost all there was to know about clan culture, and Boulderdash had proven on her first go to be terrible at explaining things) had repeated her explanation a thousand times.
    xxxxGiven both the total lack of knowledge that Tabitha had about clan life, and that her kits had been weakened by sleeping out in the cold since birth (forming suspicions about at least one of them dying), the delay to them was nothing but reasonable.
    xxxxSomehow it was beginning to become a new tradition to wait a few days to name kits. And this time, the clan made a big deal of the names being announced, to show their mother that they really were being accepted into the clan as real members now. And when Lobsterkit asked that he and his siblings could have the same as the newly named Ospreykit, Noctulekit and Saffronkit, Heronstar obliged. She hadn’t memorised the wording she had used, or even worked it out fully for the second litter, but she was sure it would become a Gustclan rite in time.
    -----
    xxxxMerlinpaw had, of course, had plenty of contact with the new queen. Everyone had had to, before she’d been convinced that Gustclan was actually safe, and that they really were going to help her with her kits despite her not having any clues how to do it herself. He’d had enough exposure, to work out that she came from over the Southern Border. And he was sure that there’d been a clan bordering them in that direction.
    xxxxChubtail had met them on patrol once. Wrenclan, or something.
    xxxxIf there was a clan there, they had a duty to answer why they’d let a just-kitted queen cross their borders without taking her in even temporarily. Kits could have died because of their negligence.
    xxxxOf course, only a crack team of Gustclan’s best warriors were suited. And, having fully realistic expectations of his own stellar brilliance, Merlinpaw knew this just meant him.
    xxxxMerlinpaw actually had made a plan (his cunning was without limits), so that when he went to join the apprentices to sleep, he deliberately got himself into an uncomfortable position, so that he didn’t fall asleep. Then, when all the warriors had fallen asleep, and he could hear the gentle breaths (and not so gentle ones too, in a couple of cases) of them all, he sprang up, darting as quietly and as quickly as his legs could carry him, all the way out of camp. The kits were long asleep, and Heronstar rarely stationed anyone to watch the second flipper into the walled area.
    xxxxMerlinpaw bounded through the nursery, and vanished through the flipper there, into the night. Heronstar was not a very good jumper, so, of course, she had no idea how easy it was for a cat to leave by the garden, and positioned no guards there. Merlinpaw jumped up onto the back wall (neatly of course, he definitely didn’t need to use his forelimbs to hold his weight while his back limbs struggled to manoeuvre his rear up to the right height, that would have been ridiculous, and displayed incompetence far below what could be expected from Merlinpaw the Magnificent), dropped down onto the ground (and no undignified “umph” was heard) and snuck around the side of the camp, keeping to the shadows and out of sight, until he met the dirt path that lead to the thunder path, and followed it down its length.
    -----
    xxxx"Heronstar, Wrenclan’s missing. I wanted to see if they had an nearby patrols to ask them why they’d just let a queen pass through without protecting her kits, but I couldn’t smell anything from them, and I went up to their border to be sure, and they hadn’t done any scent marking in moons. I explored the territory, and there’s no sign of cats there at all. Something really dangerous must have happened.”
    xxxxHeronstar sighed, keeping big blue eyes fixed on the oldest apprentice.
    xxxx"It was foolish to go out to confront them on your own. If they’d taken offence, on your own, you’d have had no chance against a full patrol in combat.” Merlinpaw shook his head slightly, and Heronstar knew his attitude wouldn’t allow him to accept the shocking idea of his own defeat. “It was worth checking, and still worth checking further, but you need to promise you won’t ever go out to confront any member of any other clan without at least asking me first.”
    xxxxMerlinpaw nodded. “Of course.” Maybe he’d be like the next Myrtleclaw, the most respected warrior, as he knew he had the skills to be. Merlinpaw turned to leave the leader’s den, and was almost out of the door when Heronstar spoke again.
    xxxx"Merlinpaw? It was foolish to go. But it was more wise than foolish to be able to admit your wrong doing and tell me vital information even if it meant tarnishing your honour – which I know you value - after having done that. Well done.”
    -----
    xxxxWhy did the simplest of things take so much courage? Despite being close friends with Pearstone, and them being alone together many times, she still hadn’t worked up the nerve, despite her promises to herself a moon before.
    xxxxAnd she could see that Chubtail expected her to actually try to suggest being mates to Pearstone while hunting from the special look he gave while assigning who would be on which patrol. The look he gave was far more forgiving of her than she was for taking so long.
Commands wrote:
[ Tabbyfur, Ospreykit, Noctulekit and Saffronkit join Gustclan ]
[ Merlinpaw has grown into a confident and decisive warrior; Merlindash ]
[ Osierfang, Sparrowfoot, Nettleflower, Firepath, Merlindash, and Martinwhisker go hunting ]
[ Pearstone and Moraine go hunting ]
[ Harrierpelt stays in camp to look after his patients ]
[ Argusheart stays in camp to look after the kits; Pheasantkit, Mosquitokit, Lobsterkit and Camberkit. Tabitha stays in camp to look after the kits; Ospreykit, Noctulekit and Saffronkit ]
[ Shellcloud and Langoustinepaw, Droseratail and Vendacepaw, Myrtleclaw and Ploverpaw and Heronstar and Cicelypaw go training ]
[ Chubtail, Boulderdash, Bugleclaw, Lobeliafur, and Barnfish stay in camp ]
[ Gustclan consumes 1 hare, 1 rabbit and 1 frog – 6 portions ]

Katrione wrote:
[ Merlinpaw is now a warrior: Merlindash! ]
[ Osierfang, Sparrowfoot, Nettleflower, Firepath, Merlindash and Martinwhisker caught three hares and a squirrel while hunting ]
[ Pearstone and Moraine caught two frogs and a big fish while hunting ]
[ Langoustinepaw and Vendacepaw learned the Orate skill while training ]
[ Cicelypaw and Ploverpaw learned the Stealth skill while training ]
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Gustclan post 35

Postby Chamrosh » Wed May 16, 2018 12:29 pm

Gustclan

xxxxIt was a sad sight that met Barn-Owl when he jumped outside that morning. He stopped where he stood, not just because of the stiffness of his hip joints. Instead of the beautiful, warm light that filtered through the leaves from outside camp and landed gently on the flat rocks and newly regrowing plants outside…
    xxxxInstead of the familiar warmth of the sun that eased the pain in his joints…
    xxxxInstead of the gentle breeze he had come to expect as his normal greeting from the outside world each morning…
    xxxx…everything grey…
    xxxx…not just the ground, but the sky itself, a putrid grey that reeked of danger…
    xxxx…a biting force behind the wind, whispering death…
    xxxx…and a dim brown sun that barely warmed his eyes as he glanced past it, and in fact, his eyes could stay fixed on it for as long as he wanted.
    xxxxBarn-Owl shivered.
    xxxxOf course, the cold was a part, and the wind ruffling deep into his now-thinning fur didn’t help that, but primarily, it was his memory from before that brought the shiver. It was so long ago that he couldn’t remember the elders of the clowder he had been born to had told it to him.
    xxxxSome stories you were told as a kit were so terrifying that they ingrained themselves in your head as securely – more so, sometimes – than your own memories. And thus had been what the elders before Barn-Owl was born, let alone an elder himself, had known of what this meant.
    xxxxWho knew if they themselves had had the knowledge passed down to them?
    xxxxOf course, he had seen similar things himself in his many long moons, but never to this extent. He’d never seen the sun that colour, or the sky looking that putrid. And events like these… they weren’t just random.
    xxxxBarn-Owl scoured his time-worn memories for stories he’d been told about what the dead-sky meant when he was just a kit, but he couldn’t remember any stories which involved a sky like this. The ones there were were bad enough. He could scarcely imagine what this sky had to be an omen of.
    xxxxTHUMP. THUMP thump-thump. And then a scream from behind him. Any other time, Barn-Owl would have turned his head to look at the kit that had followed him outside, but the sun was almost hypnotic, even if only in the sense of a grim dread building in his chest. He couldn’t wrench his eyes away.
    xxxxAnd apparently, neither could Pheasantkit. The shrill screaming of a kit, bewildered and terrified, burned its way into Barn-Owl’s mind more harshly than he feared the dying sun was bound to.
    -----

xxxxOn the first day of bleeding skies, Barn-Owl told the whole camp of how this had to be a bad omen of some sort. Ospreykit asked if the “leader of Starclan” had turned to join the Darkforest and if his star was dying because of it – it became increasingly clear as Barn-Owl continued, that Ospreykit had the very strange notion that the sun was just a large star that was so much better than the others that he could do all of the others’ jobs by himself and better during the day, and that the cat who made that star must have been the first cat, from whom all other cats are descended (making them the best and the leader), and Barn-Owl blamed Tabbyfur’s kitty-pet upbringing for the bizarre belief of her kit.
    xxxxBirds circled over the territory, but none came to land – bar one angry looking kite which none of the hunting patrol dared approach.
    xxxxThe humans with their fish tails were back again, scaring away both the waterfood and the cats from the lake shore.
    xxxxAnd the roaming sheep that frequented the territory were disturbing all the ground-based prey, wondering around in panic, clearly just as worried about the darkened sky as the Gustclan cats were; not to mention that the sheer size of them would make even one a potentially lethal threat for an unwary hunting patrol.
    xxxxThe patrol returned to camp empty-pawed. They wouldn’t go out again until the weather returned to normal, leaving the cats to rely on the fresh-kill pile; a shocking situation when it should have been Green-leaf by now.
    -----

xxxxOn the second day of blasting wind, believing the weather to be linked to whatever had taken their Southern neighbours, and being unwilling to risk any other cat, Heronstar secretly crossed the border where Wrenlan had been. She came back limping, with dried blood matting the thick fur around her throat. Harrierpelt tended to her injuries, and all that any other cat knew was the announcement two days later. No cat was to go there alone, and ideally none at all, until whatever had hurt her was gone.
    -----

xxxxOn the third day of violent rain, Heronstar called Myrtleclaw privately to herself.
    xxxx"It’s vitally important that we make sure the next generation can survive such events; we don’t want to be wiped out ourselves. Make sure Ploverpaw is being trained in swimming this moon.” They could afford for not every warrior to learn how to swim; plenty of the territory was far above anywhere prone to flooding, but to have no means of contacting areas split apart by floods seemed foolish at best. A few apprentices in each batch had to learn to swim, and, frankly, Cicelypaw and Ploverpaw, though they were her kits and she adored them to pieces, were hardly ideal apprentices, and really needed every asset they could find to actually be useful to Gustclan as warriors.
    -----

xxxxA fourth day of biting cold, thankfully, did not come. The sky cleared, back to its normal pale grey, the rain subsided to normal drizzle, and the wind went from numbing to just chilled. (The next day was actually warm and sunny, the first day of what could really be considered Summer; but Green-leaf had a habit of coming and going for Gustclan, so that could hardly be expected to last.)
    xxxxAnd Moraine sat on her favourite spot on the wall, again. Looking at her best friend, again. Wondering how to ask him to be her mate, again.
    xxxxShe took a massive breath in. A huge breath, and she held it for a second, and then words tumbled out of her.
    xxxx"I’ll understand it if you say no, or if you feel betrayed and abandon me or whatever else, but, I’ve been wanting to ask this for moons, probably from within a few moons of me having met you, actually, and I have to know, it’s been way too long. You’re gorgeous, right? You’re clever, even if I have no idea how you have your smarts, you’re a good hunter, just a good warrior generally, and I can’t imagine anyway you’d be a bad dad, so would you maybe, in any way, want to be my mate?” She was met with a genuinely shocked look. “Oh stars, I’m sorry, I… I thought you’d probably have already worked out I like you,I mean like like you, starclan help me.
    xxxxThere was a slightly uncomfortable silence. It grew. Not just in length but the sheer agonising awkwardness of it.
    xxxx"I am not sure ‘ow to put this.” The silence restarted, briefly. Pearstone’s tone was incredibly gentle as he started, but in a horrible way, that only made it worse. “It is not that I do not like you, or anything of this sort, but that I do not like anycats in that way, if I am understanding you.”
    xxxx"Oh. Moraine curled up into herself, making a tiny ball as much composed of shame as cat. “You’re not even interested in being a dad without doing… any stuff that isn’t just what dads and friends do, then? I’d be… fine with that.” There was a feeling like a rock being pushed through her guts.
    xxxxThe silence reached the point where Moraine was considering which way to run to avoid having to face up to this situation having happened later.
    xxxx"You are okay with that? To be mates in the sense of – is it the same term? – co-parents? not anything else?”
    xxxxMoraine nodded, and the rock of emotion in her gut twisted. But at least the tightness in her chest (and longing to be literally anywhere else) had finally gone away. And it was good to know why he’d never asked her either.
Commands wrote:
[ Heronstar loses 1 life ]
[ Boulderdash is on her fourth moon of gestation ]
[ Moraine and Pearstone are now mates ]
[ Bugleclaw, Martinwhisker, and Merlindash go on patrol ]
[ Chubtail, Osierfang, Sparrowfoot, Nettleflower, Lobeliafur and Firepath go hunting ]
[ Shellcloud and Langoustinepaw, and Droseratail and Vendacepaw train; fighting ]
[ Myrtleclaw and Ploverpaw, and Heronstar and Cicelypaw train; swimming ]
[ Harrierpelt stays in camp to look after his patients ]
[ Argusheart stays in camp to look after the kits; Pheasantkit, Mosquitokit, Lobsterkit and Camberkit. Tabitha stays in camp to look after the kits; Ospreykit, Noctulekit and Saffronkit. ]
[ Boulderdash, Pearstone, Moraine, and Barnfish stay in camp ]
[ Gustclan consumes 1 big fish and 1 hare – 6 portions ]

Katrione wrote:
[ Boulderdash gave birth to five kits ]
[ Bugleclaw, Martinwhisker and Merlindash found a battle-worn warrior while on patrol ]
[ Chubtail, Osierfang, Sparrowfoot, Nettleflower, Lobeliafur and Firepath caught two rabbits and a squirrel while hunting ]
[ Langoustinepaw and Vendacepaw learned the Fighting skill while training ]
[ Ploverpaw and Cicelypaw learned the Swimming skill while training ]
[ I'm so curious about what was going on with the sky and everything!! I also don't know if you wanted Boulder to have her kits or not ]
Last edited by Chamrosh on Thu May 17, 2018 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Gustclan post 36

Postby Chamrosh » Wed May 16, 2018 9:45 pm

Gustclan

xxxxThe last kit was the easiest kitting for Boulderdash, by some margin. Maybe she was de-sensitised by that point.
    -----
    xxxx"Constant vigilance!” came a booming voice as the warriors continued their patrol. Martinwhisker was about ready to burst out of his skin (of course Merlindash didn’t react so poorly).
    xxxxBugleclaw whipped around, thick long fur swinging off his muscular frame. Of course, the only cat in the clan who came close to rivalling him was Merlindash, but for the sake of Bugleclaw’s dignity, Merlindash had never challenged him to a fight. The dark tom bunched up, puffing himself out to look as intimidating as possible, and with his full range of ferocious facial expressions, that wasn’t hard. Merlindash imitated. Martinwhisker didn’t, he hadn’t the patience for shows of might.
    xxxx"You weren’t even looking for me! If I were a hostile human you would all be dead! If I were a badger dead! Hawks would not give you warning, they would be down and picking off the tastiest of you in an instant! Eagles – though rare – are even faster, you would not have time to register what was happening before your neck was severed! Constant vigilance. Threats do not simply announce themselves.”
    xxxx"Except you, clearly. Or are you not a threat?” Martinwhisker asked. His calm tone came as a surprise to the other two warriors.
    xxxxThere was a quick, high pitched bark of laughter, and suddenly a dark-grey cat emerged from the undergrowth.
    xxxx"Depends.” The grey cat said, before his body was even full visible, which was about the least reassuring thing he could have. Scars were visible on various areas of his body, and it was obvious from the uneven weighting upon his feet that he’d faced various injuries in his past. He flicked his tail gently, holding it high up in the air.
    xxxx"It’s in my interests to not allow you clan cats to all die off. I’d rather appreciate being able to have a talk with your leader about your shocking and disgusting negligence to the vigilance! (the three Gustclan toms flinched, but the grey tom didn’t even pause) “that could just have easily led you to meet me as a badger. If you had met one of them, instead of me, the calm you had would have been wiped off a lot more forcefully then.”
    xxxxMartinwhisker recoiled a half-step from where he’d been standing.
    xxxx"Or alternatively, you can keep up the pathetic representation of warriors you are, and I can see the look on your lack of faces next time you meet something unexpected.” Judging by his tone, the tom knew he’d find it interesting to see from past experience.
    xxxxMartinwhisker looked sideways at Bugleclaw. The black tom had somehow ended up in charge of the patrol unofficially.
    xxxx"Merlindash, run back to camp. Tell whoever’s on guard where we are, and for as many warriors as possible to come here to keep an eye on him-"
    xxxx"-without leaving camp undefended, of course.” Martinwhisker interjected.
    xxxx"Find Heronstar.” Bugleclaw continued. “Bring her here. Whatever he has to say, we can hear him here.”
    xxxxMerlindash kept his gaze fixed on the dark grey loner, fury and fear mixing in his expression. The grey cat gazed back, amused, clearly not showing if he thought the advice an over-reaction or not, but certainly showing the humour he found in the situation.
    xxxx"Go!” And Merlindash did.
    -----
    xxxxBoulderdash wearily groomed the five new kits.
    xxxxBoulderdash was a wild cat, she knew nothing of genetics. But still… she couldn’t help but be concerned about her kits. About them showing their father. Two of them were far too darkly furred to be Myrtleclaw’s, she was sure.
    -----
    xxxxHeronstar turned to face the other Gustclan warriors, twisting her head owl-like.
    xxxx"I want to talk to him privately.” She said, firmly. The leader’s word was law; so sayeth the code. The warriors stepped back. Heronstar’s gaze fiercened. They collected to one side of where the patrol had met the grey cat, just outside of earshot. Every set of eyes focused on their leader, waiting to spring into action if the stranger did so first.
    xxxxIf Merlindash had willingly admitted his fear… this cat had to have something to back that up.
    -----
    xxxx"I’ve come to agree with you over these many long moons in some ways.” Came a low voice, in the depth of dreams. The words slid in some way between each other, so that it felt whole sentences could have been lost between each word. The dripping malice and shaking rage in the voice didn’t help. It was obvious to a conscious mind that those words had to be directed elsewhere, but in slumber such reasoning is difficult. “Honour’s a luxury we can’t all afford.”
    xxxxThere was nothing to see, but suddenly there was something hitting Heronstar’s coat, and a terrible pain, and then she woke up, breathing hard, the bedding she slept in thrown wildly around her.
    -----
    xxxx"I’m not inclined to trust you, which I’m sure you’ll understand.” The dark grey tom nodded after Heronstar’s comment. “But I’m prepared to allow you to live here for a few moons until you’ve proven yourself trustworthy or you’re done here. What’s your name?”
    xxxx"Clarystorm.” The dark tom answered almost instantly.
    xxxx"-storm? I’d have thought you’d be a –claw, from how you spoke to my patrol.”
    xxxx"I could, but I’d rather strangers not anticipate exactly what I could do.”
    xxxxIf he really was serious about the importance of vigilance, it made sense for him to abuse a stranger’s lack of it. Heronstar nodded slowly.
    -----
    xxxxBoulderdash was woken in the middle of the night by a constant motion hitting her square in the chest. She tried to fidget away from whatever was beneath her, taking her kits with her, but the hitting just followed her. She buried her nose in the soft pile of tiny bodies she was curled around, to find the youngest, the dark grey kit, kicking his rear leg in a nearly-even rhythm, his toes catching her chest at each motion.
    xxxxReturning to sleep was impossible with that going on, partially due to discomfort physically, and partially due to her concern of what her tiny kit might be dreaming already that would lead him to lash out physically. Boulderdash watched intently, waiting for it to stop, and when it did, she felt like two pains against her heart had been removed. She licked her smallest kit thoroughly, placed her head back down and quickly fell asleep again.
    xxxxNaming Elmkit after she had died had been genuinely painful. Boulderdash was following Argusheart’s example now, even though it annoyed the other cats no-end. “Don’t you care about them? Don’t they deserve names?” “You named the others within a day.”
    xxxxBut they’d had so few deaths so far! Misfortune had to be just around the corner (especially with the freak storm last moon, that had to mean something), and Argusheart’s thinking of not putting yourself through more grief than necessary was making a lot more sense to her now. Giving up a nameless bundle was probably easier than giving up your child.
    -----
    xxxxNearly a moon after turning up, Clarystorm was somewhat pleased that he still wasn't entirely being trusted. It meant they'd taken what he'd said seriously. Meanwhile, the five new kits that Boulderdash had born (now named) had been well welcomed by everyone the queen trusted already; especially by Nettleflower, who had outright refused to talk to Clarystorm (or that was how he read it anyway; no one else seemed to think it unusual for her).
Commands wrote:
[ Clarystorm joins Gustclan ]
[ Teaselkit, Ringkit, Zinniakit, Dipperkit, and Sealkit are born]
[ Argusheart, Pearstone, Sparrowfoot, Nettleflower, Moraine and Firepath go hunting ]
[ Bugleclaw, Osierfang and Lobeliafur go hunting ]
[ Merlindash and Clarystorm go on a patrol ]
[ Shellcloud and Langoustinepaw, Droseratail and Vendacepaw, Myrtleclaw and Ploverpaw, and Heronstar and Cicelypaw train ]
[ Harrierpelt stay in camp to mind his patients ]
[ Tabbyfur stays in camp to mind the kits; Ospreykit, Noctulekit and Saffronkit; Boulderdash stays in camp to mind the kits; Teaselkit, Ringkit, Zinniakit, Dipperkit and Sealkit; together they mind Pheasantkit, Mosquitokit, Lobsterkit and Camberkit ]
[ Chubtail, Martinwhisker and Barnfish stay in camp ]
[ Gustclan consumes 2 squirrels and 1 big fish – 7 portions ]

Katrione wrote:
[ Argusheart, Pearstone, Sparrowfoot, Nettleflower, Moraine and Firepath caught two squirrels and a big fish while hunting ]
[ Bugleclaw, Osierfang and Obeliafur caught a big fish and two mice while hunting ]
[ Merlindash and Clarystorm found Trout and Lion of Hyenaclan while on patrol ]
[ Langoustinepaw and Vendacepaw learned the Strategize skill while training ]
[ Ploverpaw and Cicelypaw learned the Observe skill while training ]

Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Gustclan post 37

Postby Chamrosh » Wed May 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Gustclan

xxxxClarystorm froze while walking. Merlindash had tried to slip behind him, not wanting to let the new male out of his sight when he didn’t entirely trust him. This had proven impossible, the new male just turning his path so that they were parallel, or else faking noticing something in the bushes, or any other wide measure of excuses to not expose his rear.
    xxxxBut this pause caught the younger cat’s attention.
    xxxxAs had the last five that he hadn’t caused, but this time… it wasn’t just catching his attention because he was wondering why on Earth Clarystorm had stopped. He could hear it, too.
    xxxxTwo muffled voices. The scent of hostility and of fear, and boldness and aggression and desperation… mingling in the air that slipped into his mouth in silenced breaths.
    xxxxTo Merlindash’s astonishment, Clarystorm didn’t immediately attack or yell his notice, but took what he was sure was the most sensible option too. Apparently Merlindash’s magnificent intellect was being underestimated, judging by the firm and patronising look that he received, and the mouthing of "Keep your gob shut.”
    xxxxMerlindash lowered himself into a stalking position, and moved forward smoothly in synchrony with Clarystorm. And earned another glare.
    xxxxClarystorm continued silently forward, each paw placed deliberately down with a speed that Merlindash felt probably rivalled him while maintaining absolute silence.
    xxxxOr maintaining it until he sprang suddenly forward at least. There were two high pitched squeals, clearly from kits. Merlindash bounded forward afterwards, ignoring what Clarystorm had intended from him before.
    xxxxThere was a kit trapped underneath each of Clarystorm’s front paws, one ginger pinned by the base of his tail, the grey by her chest. The ginger tried to roll, but stopped in response to the feeling of claws exerting themselves on his skin. The grey kit was noticeably older, flailing with claws extended towards the warrior’s chest.
    xxxx"Your lack of stealth skills allowed me to take you both out of the pathetic fight you would have put up in one go, do you really think you stand any chance now that you’re in my sight and pinned under my paw? A clever warrior would at least pretend to lose.” Clarystorm hissed. The kit grumbled, stiffening, and then very slowly relaxed her position. Clarystorm’s foot exerted slightly more force, with a whimper-
    xxxx"Clarystorm, you can’t kill them. They’re kits, and although of course some kits may have shown the promise to be able to defend themselves-" Clarystorm scoffed. “-These two clearly don’t.”
    xxxx"Is that an excuse for a complete lack of the vigilance your clan so desperately needs?”
    xxxx"If our clan can’t defend ourselves from two kits we have bigger issues than that.” Clarystorm nodded slowly.
    xxxx"So you’re letting the strangers directly into your camp? That’s even less than the affable security you showed towards me.”
    xxxx"They’re kits, Clarystorm, and more warriors than just you can take out kits.” He kept walking for a few steps, and realising that his point wasn’t as clear as he’d like it to be… “like me.”
    -----

xxxxDipperkit sprang on strong legs, and pinned her brother squarely to the floor. “Pinned ya down!” she said, slurring her words heavily together like her mum in such a way that they were nearly unrecognisable.
    xxxxRingkit wheezed as the air was forced out of his lungs, and struggling to breathe, he batted at his sister’s affronting limb, two swipes without claws, and the third, with, setting him free.
    xxxx"Mummy, my legs are tingly!” Sealkit declared from the corner, where he’d been investigating the hanging cloth from the top of the nursery (which Boulderdash could testify was not going to be good for the climbing it looked like he wanted to perform).
    xxxxBoulderdash was nosing through the bedding again, and as expected found more stickyweed that someone Cough cough, Teaselkit, cough cough had somehow persuaded someone Vendacepaw and Langoustinepaw came to mind to sneak into the nursery again. And as the highly mature mother she was…
    xxxx"Teaselkit, yer turn for groomin’!”
    xxxx"But ma! I don’t want to!” Zinniakit chortled amusedly.
    xxxx"Tough lu’k, I do and until yer a warrior-“
    xxxx"I’m not gonna be a warrior.”
    xxxx"Oh? Why no’? Ya can’ jus’ be a ki’ all yer life.”
    xxxx"I’m gonna be Harrierpehl’s apprentice.” Zinniakit frowned and angrily butted in.
    xxxx"No he’s NOT.”
    xxxx"Mummy, my tail’s tingly too!”
    xxxx"Ma, Ringkit’s not letting me pin him!”/"Owww! Mamau!”
    xxxx"Am too! I chose to be med-sin cat first.”
    xxxxBoulderdash sighed. “Being med’cine cat’s hard. Ya shouldn’t dismiss bein’ a warrior 5 ‘ole moons bifor ya become apprentices.” She picked up Teaselkit by the scruff of his neck. “Bath time, c’mon.”
    xxxx"Mummy, my tail’s dancing!”
    xxxxMinding five kits was a lot harder than minding two.
    -----

xxxxLion held his head high and proud. Clarystorm stood but a step behind. His cheek lay parallel to Trout’s shoulder, and Merlindash lead. And they essentially had immunity. Trespassing warriors had stood little chance in Hyenaclan if they made a poor impression, but here they were guaranteed to survive, at least for a few moons.
    xxxxMerlindash seemed to be leading them to a two-leg nest, which had to be wrong. But then maybe wrong fit him, with his name, and his insistence that they couldn’t be killed, and his outward confidence when Lion could see insecurity in his eyes. Maybe his sense of direction was just wrong too.
    xxxxBut Clarystorm didn’t seem to be correcting, and Clarystorm didn’t seem so wrong (except in his name).
    xxxxAnd… as they came within eyeshot of the two-leg nest, not just nose-shot, Lion could see a little wall in front of the nest, with two cats perched up on it. Merlindash nodded to both, who gave a questioning look. The grey tabby readjusted her front paws where they sat, shooting an interrogatory look between the two kits and Merlindash. But the point molly sprang off the wall and took a few quietly assured steps forward.
    xxxx"It’s rare to find lone kits on a patrol.” The molly looked between the two toms. Her voice was even stranger than the toms were. “Greetings.” Her tired eyes turned fixedly to the two kits. “I am Heronstar. Gustclan will always welcome those who need it – at least for as long as I am leader. And that extends to you two, too…” Heronstar trailed off, seemingly waiting for something, and Trout responded first.
    xxxx"I’m Trout, and this is Lion.”
    xxxxAnother cat’s scent caught Lion’s attention. It was old, and fishy – not mysterious, but thoroughly intermingled with marine life over many moons.
    xxxx"Were you not originally clan cats? Moraine claims to have been born in a ‘tribe’, and many of our number were originally rogues.” Her tail flicked, dismissing the issue even as she broached it. “But if you’re starting training from scratch, it hardly matters. You’ll need to learn the code just the same in any case.”
    xxxxThe smell had intensified as Heronstar spoke, until a ginger and white cat sprang up onto the wall next to where the grey tabby molly was, and placed himself awkwardly upon it. The back of his legs seemed sore somehow. But that wasn’t what had really caught Lion’s attention.
    xxxxThat cat was ancient. He had wrinkles in his wrinkles. An eye was missing, as were half his whiskers, and his claws looked blunt where they sat unretracted.
    xxxxWhy in Silverpelt was he still alive?
    -----

xxxxShellcloud and Nettleflower had long since reached the stage where her signs had become as natural as speech for them, and he’d started to reply back silently in turn. It suited him better, actually, it wasn’t much quieter than his normal voice.
    xxxx"They’re so cute!” Nettleflower signalled across to him, after her latest visit of her younger siblings. “I know we shouldn’t add to it until the nursery’s less busy again, but I can’t wait. Every time I go to see them, I want our own too.”
    xxxxShellcloud flicked his tail in response, a simple, gentle yes.
    xxxxAnd it was at that moment that Lobeliafur stalked past them furiously. The point tom and grey tabby tracked her with her eyes, before a cinnamon tom scuttled after her.
    xxxx"I told you, ages ago, I told you, clear as the stream, and for Starclan’s sake, I thought I’d made it obvious, just because you want that now doesn’t mean that everybody else and their fleas do! At some point, definitely, and given you asked me, I assumed you’d be willing to fit to that, but right now, I’m young, I want to make my own contributions as a warrior, and I’m not ready to be a quee…” Lobeliafur’s voice trailed off with her distance. It was obvious what they were arguing about. Again.
    -----

xxxxBarnfish had just finished his fourth drink of the morning when Lionkit spotted him while playing with Lobsterkit and Camberkit outside. They were planning a game for Boulderdash’s kits to learn from them later.
    xxxxLionkit’s tail twitched and his head swung around. He charged and sprung, claws outstretched...
    xxxx
    xxxx… and fell still a tail’s distance away from Barnfish, as Camberkit landed on top of him.
    xxxx"Ooh, that’s a good idea!” Lobsterkit said. “Barnfish, sir, would you like to play with us?”
Commands wrote:
[ Trout Troutpaw and Lion Lionkit join Gustclan ]

[ Langoustinepaw has grown into a warrior skilful at fishing and fighting; Langoustinefang ]
[ Vendacepaw has grown into a loquaxic and charismatic warrior; Vendacethroat ]
[ Lion becomes Lionkit ]
[ Trout is apprenticed to Martinwhisker and becomes Troutpaw; Pheasantkit is apprenticed to Bugleclaw and becomes Pheasantpaw; Mosquitokit is apprenticed to Shellcloud and becomes Mosquitopaw; Lobsterkit is apprenticed to Lobeliafur and becomes Lobsterpaw, and Camberkit is apprenticed to Merlindash and becomes Camberpaw ]

[ Pearstone, Moraine, Langoustinefang and Vendacethroat go hunting ]
[ Argusheart, Droseratail, Sparrowfoot, Nettleflower and Firepath go hunting ]
[ Myrtleclaw and Ploverpaw, Heronstar and Cicelypaw, Martinwhisker and Troutpaw, Bugleclaw and Pheasantpaw, Shellcloud and Mosquitopaw, Lobeliafur and Lobsterpaw, and Merlindash and Camberpaw train ]
[ Tabitha stays in camp to look after the kits; Ospreykit, Noctulekit and Saffronkit; Boulderdash stays in camp to look after the kits; Teaselkit, Ringkit, Zinniakit, Dipperkit and Sealkit; both of them mind Lionkit ]
[ Chubtail, Barnfish and Clarystorm stay in camp ]

[Gustclan consumes a big fish, a squirrel and two mice – 7 portions]
[Horsetail from advent calendar; I haven’t added days since because I wasn’t entirely sure I’ve done it right, but day 2: Big Fish, day 3: Lavendar, day 4: Mallow Leaves, day 5: Squirrel]

Katrione wrote:
[ Langoustinepaw and Vendacepaw are now warriors: Langoustinefang and Vendacethroat! ]
[ Harrierpelt gathered x1 thyme and x1 willow bark while herb hunting ]
[ Pearstone, Moraine, Langoustinefang and Vendacethroat caught a hare and big fish while hunting ]
[ Argusheart, Droseratail, Sparrowfoot, Nettleflower and Firepath caught a mouse and squirrel while hunting ]
[ Cicelypaw and Ploverpaw learned the Running skill while training ]
[ Troutpaw, Pheasantpaw, Mosquitopaw, Lobsterpaw and Camberpaw learned the Climbing skill while training ]
[ With the Advent Calendar, you can just add in the items that you receive ]

Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me