Viscet #2336 Tryout - DNP

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Viscet #2336 Tryout - DNP

Postby DragonCave » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:13 am

By roccdog, click for full size →

Please do not post c:
Last edited by DragonCave on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DragonCave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Duncan's Basics

Postby DragonCave » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:33 pm

Username: DragonCave
Name: Duncan
Gender for breeding purposes: Male
Gif with Teeth: Here
Art: By Fangdrip, click for full size →
Acquaintances at a Glance:
  • Maverick - gang leader who took Duncan in as muscle, owns the main property.
  • Finn - friend of the gang, informs them of local affairs, lives a few streets down from the house.
  • Orion - handles gang's finances, lives in room down the hall from Duncan.
  • Vasuki - Duncan's patrol partner and roommate, sort of a pretty boy but generally fun to be around.
Short Bio:
    Duncan is an enigmatic viscet who makes it hard for those around him to decipher how he's actually feeling. Granted, he isn't a very emotional being to begin with- his simple life giving him few worries that he can't resolve face to face. A well-established member of Maverick's gang, he lives on the gang's main property with about a dozen of his fellow members. While he enjoy's the company of the others and the security the heavily armed home gives him, he has no strong emotional attachments to it. Duncan is more muscle than brain and his appearance only reaffirms this. Duncan grew up in a poor home with less-than-spectacular parents and began to run with the wrong crowd at an early age. He began fighting, encouraged by others due to his impressive maw and naturally wild hair. It wasn't soon before his skills caught Maverick's attention. Duncan jumped on the opportunity once he was offered a place to stay with utilities and food. He soon became one of the gang's top fighters and guards, deciding to throw himself into the "organization" that gave him a home, lest he be thrown out again. Most viscets just see Duncan as a punk, a vandal who runs around stealing things for his own profit. They aren't really wrong- he isn't exactly working for charity, but Duncan doesn't particularly care. Aloof, unremorseful, confident, smug, and cocky Duncan really wouldn't change a thing about himself. He knows he isn't good and he's pretty sound with that; what others think of him doesn't affect him anyways. He just fights to live and lives to fight- the fact that he's made some friends along the way just makes things more enjoyable.
DragonCave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Snap

Postby DragonCave » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:28 am

xxxx

xxxx Duncan groaned a little has he rolled, waking up slowly as he opened his eyes to boughs of pine above his head. Six weeks. It had been six weeks since Duncan had been kicked out of his home by his mother. If he was being honest with himself, he couldn't even be mad. It had been coming for a long time- Duncan had been staying out longer and longer with almost no contact with her and rarely put in an effort to help her around the house. He did feel bad to an extent, but couldn't stir up enough regret in himself to go back an apologize. Duncan had been staying with friends in the meantime, but was running out of places to stay. Last night he had to settle for a nest he made under a pine tree. He was running out of ideas as to how he was going to keep himself fed and clean, and had been relying on local gyms for showers and underground fights for money.

xxxx Brushing pine needles off of his fur, Duncan though back on his last few fights. He was becoming reluctant to go to them as of late- a new viscet had been hangout around the lot. When Duncan asked about the stranger most of the others reported that he only came by on the nights that Duncan was fighting. It didn't sit well with him that a strange viscet was taking a liking to watching him fight. No matter what the new male's intentions were, Duncan knew deep down that he had no choice but to attend his scheduled fights. They were his only source of income and the more he fought, the more he could win, and the better he could keep himself fed. He'd deal with any trouble the newcomer gave him as it happened- worrying about it wouldn't help him.

xxxx For the next few weeks Duncan threw himself into his fights, forgetting everything else when facing an opponent. Winning the larger portion of his fights, he made enough money to keep his stomach full and have a little extra on hand. The only thing that continued to bother him was the newcomer. He'd learned that the male's name was Vasuki, and that that he ran with a local gang that was known for scouting viscets who would give their services in turn for favors. What the favors were was unknown to him, but Duncan was interested either way. After another three weeks, Duncan had the chance to talk to Vasuki a number of times, and was sorely disappointed. The serpentine viscet seemed very full of himself, and Duncan suspected that he was purposely saying things to aggravate him. Something that confused him, however, was that Vasuki constantly alluded to the fact that his boss was looking for new recruits. So in spite of Vasuki's repellent front, Duncan kept in touch.

xxxx The night came that Duncan had had enough. Vasuki was becoming more rude and dismissive of him as time went on, and even went so far as to make a few snide comments about both his fighting and his looks. When questioned he spoke in riddles and Duncan was sick of it. His patience was at it's end and Duncan decided he had to confront him about it. Duncan spotted him leaving the fight lot on the night of one of his winning fights, and took the chance to confront him about his recent behavior towards him. Duncan crept up behind the snake-like male and caught his attention.

xxxx "Hey, Vasuki. You need to tell me what you're trying to do. I'm not going to let you toy around with me."

xxxx Vasuki turned around, putting some thought into what he was going to say before speaking, "I was afraid you'd get tricky. Don't worry though, a decision will be made soon enough,"

xxxx Duncan could feel the fur of the mane on his back stand on end as he started growling, "That doesn't answer anything! How could you say so much yet so little at the same time?"

xxxx Vasuki smirked a bit before his reply, "Oh my, with you in this mood I might be able to make up my mind sooner than I thou-" He didn't have time to finish his sentence. Duncan's lingering patience had evidently run out and the muscular male had launched himself at the leaner male, yelling obscenities. Vasuki was pinned under Duncan, who was clawing at his chest in a rage. Frustrated at his inability to do any damage due to Vasuki's armored stomach, Duncan raised a paw and ripped at Vasuki's face, giving him a few stinging scratches. Vasuki had a chance to wrestle his way out from under Duncan while the latter was catching his ragged breath. The fight went on for nearly five minutes before Vasuki finally found himself pinned down, unwilling to put in the effort to fight any longer. When he stopped struggling Duncan let him free, clearly expecting an explanation.

xxxx "Alright, toothy, I'll tell you what's going on," Vasuki gasped, sitting down to tend to his bleeding cuts.

xxxx "Go on, then." Duncan coldly ordered.

xxxx The story told was more intricate than Duncan could have imagined, and his irritation slowly faded into fascination, and even hope, as the story went on. Vasuki turned out to be a patrol and scout viscet for his gang. He had been told some time ago to start looking for good fighters, due to the fact that the gang's territory was expanding. When he had first encountered Duncan, it was only a coincidence that he was at the lot on the night of one of his fights. Upon seeing how well the male fought he asked around to find his other fight dates. From there he began attending all of his fights in order to better assess how the muscular punk fought. He was pleased, to say the least, and reported back to his boss on the prospect of contacting him. He was told to test Duncan's strength, to push him just far enough to snap and fight Vasuki. He was glad that Duncan snapped when he did, because he was getting impatient with the whole process anyways. Unbeknownst to him, Duncan had passed the final "test" of winning against Vasulki and won himself an invite into the gang. Much to Duncan's delight, Vasuki mentioned that he lived in a house owned by the gang, and because of Duncan's position he would be allowed to live there as well.

xxxx "... You're telling me that your boss wants me to join you, and in return I he'll give housing and food?" Duncan started drooling at the thought of warm food

xxxx "That's the gist of it. I do apologize, by the way, for how rude I had to be. I wasn't sure how else to go about getting you mad enough to want to hurt me."

xxxx "That's.. understandable I guess. Can't hold a grudge for that." There was a long pause while he thought about the invitation offer, "I think I'll accept. I'm could use the, uh, resources. Thank you for the offer."

xxxx Vasuki took Duncan's acceptance as permission to stand up again. He nodded to the larger male.

xxxx "Hope you mean what you said about no grudge, 'cause I'm going to be your room mate. Follow me back to the house."

xxxx With a snort from Duncan at his last remark, Vasuki set out it lead him to the house. Everything else aside, he was just glad that the poor kid would be off the streets. He had to admit though that he was excited to fight with Duncan on his side in the future.

(1279 words - note; side bar X's appear as emojis in chrome)
DragonCave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Snap

Postby DragonCave » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:09 pm

Maverick -
      Being the gang leader who took him in, Duncan feels as though he is in his debt. Though they have only met a number of times, the two have a good rapport. Duncan works hard to contribute what he can to the gang and prove his worth, and Maverick appreciates his dedication to the gang.
    Finn -
      Finn and Duncan get along quite well. Finn dropping by the house often to inform them of local affairs means that the two are in frequent contact. Finn finds that Duncan's nonjudgmental, think-on-the-go personality makes him an interesting yet easy to be around viscet. Finn's parties are Duncan's favorites to go to- Finn's affinity for the culinary arts is much appreciated by him, as it is by many other members of the gang.
    Orion -
      The gang's financial master, Orion handles any monetary transactions and loans that the gang makes. Upon Duncan's arrival to the house, Orion's businesslike manner of speech and tendency to stick to himself lead him to think that the starry-furred male held some sort of dislike for him. As time went on, however, Duncan realized that he was simply a reserved viscet. Orion likes to poke fun at Vasuki and Duncan's antics, remarking that they might get more done if they could stop trying to show off to each other. Of course, Duncan never listens, so Orion's sibling-like chiding falls on deaf ears. Duncan is thankful for the fact that Orion is around though, because he himself isn't so good with numbers he heavily relies on him to handle his money. Orion could rob him blind and he'd be none the wiser- luckily Orion is far too honest to do that to anyone in the gang.
    Vasuki -
      Duncan's room mate and best friend, Vasuki and Duncan are in each other's presence more often than not. It's both a wonder and a given that they got along so well. While both of them are very proud, stubborn, and cocky, they are both also the kind of viscet who loves to have somebody to bounce their ideas and jokes off of. They compliment each other in almost everything they do. Their fighting styles are drastically different, making them a perfect combination in the field. Dustin is relies on his brute strength, landing his punches as hard as he can wherever he thinks will hurt the most. Vasuki is far more strategic- due to his leaner build he can't approach opponents with the reckless abandon Duncan can. He aims to immobilize; going for the eyes, knees, and legs often means that his foe has a hard time moving quickly, lending him an advantage. Duncan and Vasuki are exalted among the gang as the most efficient patrol and fighting duo. Not all of what they do is work, though. When they have free time they can be seen hanging around local clubs and gyms, sometimes hitting on anyone who catches their eye. Over all, Vasuki and Duncan compliment each other in ways that both benefit the gang and themselves, much to the grief of their housemates, who rarely get a break from their antics.

(520 words)
DragonCave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Snap

Postby DragonCave » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:54 pm

Quirks / Habbits
    • Tends to lose his belongings in his messy shared room, has no problem loudly letting everyone know he can't find said item.
    • Eats ice almost religiously in the summer.
    • Has no problem reminding Orien that he forgot something when he went shopping.
    • Sleeps curled up in a ball, which Vasuki likes to make fun of.
    • Has a very expressive face- you can almost tell what he thinks of something or someone without asking.
    • Takes growling less seriously than most, which leads to him scaring others sometimes when he growls over something minor like a mock fight or being woken up

Playlist
    • Beat It - Fall Out Boy (cover)
    • Heaven Knows - The Pretty Reckless
    • Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time - Panic! At the Disco
    • Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
    • You're Going Down - Sick Puppies
    • You're Gonna Go Far Kid - The Offspring
    • I Don't Care - Fall Out Boy
DragonCave

My pets
My items
My wishlist