HighWinds ~ Story Of A Horse

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

HighWinds ~ Story Of A Horse

Postby please delete~ » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:00 am

HighWinds

Spirit narrowed his eyes,trouble was all he needed right now.He stamped and billowed out a long hoarse breath.The opponent stamped a hoof and forced it's ears back.All Spirit knew was that it was a Mare.Owned.By humans.It had the pampered aroma,as well as the stinking human one.Which was especially strong..As one was on her.Spirit lifted his head high,the human was not going to scare him.Atleast,not this time.
Spirit felt the wind whipping him.It was his enemy today,on the humans side.It wouldn't flow with him,being one.It would ride with the human,urging it closer.Spirit heard the delicate breath of the mare close by,but wouldn't let himself turn round to admire her.Spirit turned his attention away from the wind.The fresh grass underneath him was soft and springy,perfect for a light,bounding,wild horse like him.Although,for a tamed horse like the mare,it would just be grass and it would trample on it as if it was nothing.Spirit knew he had some luck on his side,as the horse chasing him wasn't Darren.Darren was Spirit's enemy.Enemy from the human side.All horses owned by humans where his enemies...But Darren..He was worse.Spirit let his senses take over and he remembered how he hated Darren.
~
Spirit gulped,sweat was pouring down him as the other horse entered the ring.Spirit immediatley knew it was the champ.It had few bites but quite a few bruises.One thing Spirit couldn't see or sense,was fear.The horse was too big for it's boots,but Spirit could see why.The horse inspected him,then assumed he would beat him.Spirit gave a throaty snort.The horse looked surprise,then sighed.
''Hey I'm Darren and you a- Wait doesn't matter,you'll be gone soon,no need to know your name.''Darren said cockily,smirking.
''Spirit.''Spirit said,stamping a hoof,letting off a ring of sand.
''Ahhh.''Darren said smugly.''Spirit.You certainly have a strong one.Didn't your mum teach you to respect those elders and betters?''Darren added,watching Spirits face turn from hate,to repel and disgust.
''You have no right to talk of my mum like that.''Spirit whispered quietly.''And anyway!''He added,louder.''You're no better then a stupid snail.''Darren blinked but gave a haughty snort.
''Hmm,you are fiesty and- Ooh! Lets test your theory then,time to fight!''Darren said,correctly.He stepped towards Spirit,Spirit did so also.
~

-
Left you on a cliff hanger! What will happen with Darren and Spirit?!
Please comment.Just to say,there is going to be a whole series xD

please delete~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me