snart's ramble journal

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

69. mapping purities and impurities of emotion

Postby wishbone! » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:18 am

Dirty rage is loud and overwhelming. It is the pot boiling over and the shaky breaths of indignation. It is messy and lashes out even if contained as tightly as possible. It leaves rubble in its violent wake.

Pure rage is smooth and travels throughout the body fluidly. It has resounding clarity and comes as naturally as breathing in the right moments. Pure rage is the most effective because it is untainted by notions of want, carried out only by rational instinct.

Dirty rage is more common in my experience because I am always thinking. Even in situations where I am in harm’s way and need to act quickly, I keep myself at a level of cognizance where I may have flashes of raw instinctual action, but aside from that it’s greatly tainted by thought.
asterisk*; nicknames encouraged
adult
they/them
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

70. how can i

Postby wishbone! » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:56 am

how can I be what you want when i cant even be what I want

All day I have had this lingering feeling of exhaustion. I should've just gone back to sleep, or made some food. Tomorrow will be better starting today. There's this weird pattern that I've also noticed lately: I seem to be deteriorating? My speech and my thoughts are no longer fluid like the way I've seen them be in recent times. My sentences have been choppy and the ideas contained within them are fumbling, unorganized, unconvincing. I'm not really sure how to make it better.

I think I need more green.
adult
they/them
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

71. my mom is sick and I can't help her

Postby wishbone! » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:21 pm

How many boundaries can I cross
with these bumbling, gangly legs o' mine?

How much power can I presume
to be between my scrawny fingers?

words just like reins that twist a situation whichever way I please;
if you don't obey my ignorant authority then I will make you suffer

When did I become so vindictive?
Since when have I been so tired?

Mother, won't you listen to my voice of rancor?
I don't want to cry. Please just let me lead you.

No? Of course you can't. You still don't get it.
The broken fool who needs lashes to learn.

absolutely infuriating. how could you possibly continue to insist
that it will change? how???? do you have no self respect at all??

am I truly being brought to the decision to just watch as you do this again?
thus far I have not been like the others, but then again, I am tethered directly.

Nothing here is healthy. I can still feel us all
shriveling up in dying, even in this new home.

We are the same dysfunctional whelps suffering
in the same dysfunctional conditions as before.

I don't know what to do Mother. Can I blame you?
You said it yourself that it's wrong. I'm sure I can.

This is a race of who can disregard boundaries most effectively.
I will win with my graceless, choleric body. The reins are mine.
adult
they/them
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

72. Marcy and Mai

Postby wishbone! » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:05 pm

All taken from a Discord exchange! Most of these are mine but some of them are from the other Us.

-------------------------------------------

marcy come back
come back home

marcy do you know something?

are you?
are you sorry
please apologize

Perhaps... a 𝓰𝓪𝓶𝓮?

im still here

your attempts are futile-

come back home

𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚙𝚞𝚝 𝚊 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚝 𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚢. 𝙲𝚊𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞? 𝙾𝚛 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚎𝚠𝚕 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚞𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚘 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗?

Will you save her?

𝚂𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘? 𝚆𝚑𝚘 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎?

Who is up to the challenge?
Save me? Save you?

n o-
it doesnt- no-

I am fine, thank you

𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗. 𝚂𝚞𝚌𝚌𝚞𝚖𝚋.

never succumb

Why would you ever resist? Succumb
𝚂𝚞𝚌𝚌𝚞𝚖𝚋
𝕊𝕦𝕔𝕔𝕦𝕞𝕓
Sᴜᴄᴄᴜᴍʙ
Succumb

𝙾𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚝, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘 𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚝𝚢. 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚞𝚜. 𝙼𝚎. 𝙸. 𝙼𝚊𝚒. 𝚆𝚎, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝙾𝚗𝚎, 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚖𝚞𝚕𝚝𝚒𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚘𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜. 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚞𝚜.

w̸̽͝h̶̍̕o̸͊͝ ̴̎̔w̸͆͆i̶̊̚l̵̃̆l̸͌̉ ̶͗͘s̴̆̚a̶͗̐v̵̾́e̴̋̂ ̵̉̈́h̵̏̈è̵̔r̶̿̾?̴͎͋

𝙸𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚎.
𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓂ℯ.

never succumb

𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚎𝚏𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏? 𝚆𝚎 𝚠𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎. 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚢 𝚋𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐? 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚋𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐.

𝙳𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝙸 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜. 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏. 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚑𝚒𝚖, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛. 𝙸𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖. 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚎.

I̶͛͛f̵̺͊ ̴͒͛y̸̯͂ơ̸͋ủ̸͕ ̵̌̌d̶̍͘ó̶̑ ̴̇̈́n̴͌͒ò̶̅t̶͆͒ ̵͒͝c̵͌̚h̵͆̚o̸̡͠o̵͒̚s̴͋͠e̶̋͝,̴́͝ ̷͕̆I̴̋̍ ̶̋̓ŵ̶̚i̵͗͋l̷̈́̽l̴͊̓ ̴͗̚r̵̓̚e̵͂͒m̷̊̆a̸͒͆i̷͗͝n̷̏̇

Here we are.

𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕔𝕙𝕠𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕚𝕗 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕡𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕪 𝕠𝕗 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕕?

𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚞𝚌𝚌𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚒𝚗𝚐. 𝙼𝚊𝚒 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚘.

are you there?
How could she be? How could she?
𝙸𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚞𝚜? 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚘 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚏𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚒𝚝𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏.
adult
they/them
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

73. pop goes the weasel

Postby wishbone! » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:13 am

7:07pm april 7
down the road, i can hear it. penetrating the spring quietness with cheers of artificial cheer and merriment
the are birds twittering confusedly outside the window
i know there are voices but i cannot make them out
all of the doors are locked. the kitchen door is still obstructed. the side door is barred; forever barred - it’s been like that since we moved here
the music descends somewhere down the street but i can still feel it
barrenness in my gut
panic somewhere deep in my mind
golden light washing over me
this life…
i could not describe it without fear and curiosity, forced stillness of my thoughts
is this living? could it truly be?
the birds keep chirping, the dogs begin to bark, and here i still am
steel light 4 feet away, slatted windows 3
nothing worth real comfort
we'll just have to wait and see.
adult
they/them
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

74. Elias

Postby wishbone! » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:21 am

fear

a blinding need to see all escapes

all the outcomes
                        of what could happen
                                to you

your throat is dry and you are choking on your breath
where, where, where?

there? maybe? no, farther, you have to go farther

nothing. there is nothing

except the catastrophic writhing of your heart
                          and the adrenaline
                          and branches smacking you
                          and holes tripping you

there are so many lacerations on your skin
                          fresh and young and stinging
                          birthed from the trees. cursed to die by the trees
nothing but the thing behind you

it was birthed from the trees, too
      your legs are numb.
            you can't stop.
            listen only to your breaths and your heart and your eyes

yet still; the pounding noise, the rush of leaves is not coming from your own hungry feet
              something much greater than yourself

nothing

. . .

with laborious heaves of your lungs, vibrating with the swift bloodflow your heart delivers, you find a frazzled kind of clarity.

something is not right even though you so desperately wish this could be it.
                    that this newfound silence was good, and innocent.
                  you pay attention. closely. carefully.
        where has it gone? the thing
      where did it go? where did it go?
@@@@@@@@@@@@@
bird chatter, far away in the trees
grass blowing, the breeze is nice
worms coiling and unfurling beneath the ground
Last edited by wishbone! on Sun May 26, 2019 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

75. Rhapsodic, fierce, and bruised.

Postby wishbone! » Sat May 04, 2019 2:51 pm

In the night, when something stirs against my gut, I am again reminded of you:
Eager to demonstrate your prowess, uncertain and uncaring of where the boundaries lay;
Tender, wounded, protective of things held dear that should've been released long ago.
We are both ruled by the moon
But my interest in you has waned. I hope someday you find your peace.

this poem is about an edgy werewolf character that I used to have a crush on
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

76. Secret peaks

Postby wishbone! » Fri May 10, 2019 3:09 pm

You don't know it, but I've added you to a conglomeration of cherished people.

We've communicated two times, I believe. I hope you still like what I showed you, but if you didn't, that's ok too! Your existence is enough. I'm not dependent on you so I hope none of my words come off that way, but I surely do love to give you little visits. Sometimes I feel like a spectator in your life because you share so much!

I've never been good with having secret admirations for people, I always drop too many hints because I like treating it like a game.

This time, I'll just nod my head in acknowledgment and smile as I stumble upon your creations every so often. Thank you for leaving them here in our care, your confidence in sharing is quite inspiring.
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

77. A violent overtaking of disappointment and confusion

Postby wishbone! » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:02 am

Everything was fine, my steps were casual and measured. I was climbing my way up a hill, flowers and little shrubs speckled about; I would brush my hands against them as the breeze carried my body forwards to finally surmount this little height. Believe me, I trudged at times and clambered gleefully at others. Trepidations of all kinds. The footsteps of others rustled in the grass, but it was only me. The wind liked to make it seem like I was a little less alone; for that I am thankful.

When I arrived at the crest, I can't say I was overwhelmed with glory. The travel upwards had been eventful and fun but now that I was there, at the end, it felt stifling. On this blooming green hill I stood and searched. I looked frantically for something else and there was nothing. All around it was the same monotonous landscape of shrubbery and flowers and wind that tried to be a person but had no substance and so all it could do was blow along the grass in sad acceptance of its fate. In the sky, there were slow dottings of clouds. I couldn't tell you their purpose; it seemed like all they did was hang there. Everything lazy, everything practically still.

It was unbearable. Finally I had finished my task and I was so ready for more. So much energy built from my journey! So many hopes! Still, I continued to look fervently and so I stepped forward with impatience. Blind and holding so many expectations. Ah, to live the life of a fool and to finally reach a precipice so high; ah, to have been pushed up by forces not my own; ah, to not know how to walk and tumble downwards. A mockery of Sisyphus.

There is a sinking feeling of absence and suddenly I am upside-down in a world that hasn't changed at all.

The wind propels me into the sloped earth and there are rocks in my skin, blades of grass and bodies of flowers whipping me for my insolence. My tense body hits even harder ground over, and over, and over, and over. The pain is immersive and yet I still find myself thinking about how I got here. The sudden turmoil I felt at the unassuming expanse of the exact same things I had already seen. Do I feel guilty or betrayed? By whom? Who did this to me if not myself? Had it been my glistening idealism that sent me tumbling or was it the weight of an ego too big for its inexperience?

Idiot. Idiots. The world is smeared wth red as I am ground down smaller and smaller; a layer of flesh tears away with each shuttering jolt of the resounding earth as my body bounces farther downwards. The burning I could feel could be the sting of tears at the back of my throat, it could be the insurmountable anger I feel as I am forced to look onwards, it could be the planet on fire around me as the luminescence of suspicion chars all of these sickly things to ash.

Suddenly the hill transforms into a mountainous assembly of crags and death. There are scores along the rocks from bones much older than mine all around; I am not the first to have found this place. Not at all. Even as I clatter along, my voice silent and yet my body weeps with agony, the lonely wind does not leave me. In fact, it has bestowed to me a community of screaming people; they, too, are tumbling right along with me. We journey onwards; angry, crying, mournful, lost, desperate, hopeless, defeated, clinging, freefalling.

Together we suffer our mistakes
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

78. Desert

Postby wishbone! » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:19 am

"The global situation may seem beyond us, but the local never is."