Kalon Entry Writings (No posting please and thank you!)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Extra Notes

Postby ThatPinkThing » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:36 pm

Anya's name is both a nod to Overwatch's Ana Amari and a play on the Australian slang "on'ya" (Short for "good on ya" basically meaning "good job".)

Prudens' name is Latin for "wise", and is meant to be paired with Melius' own "enhanced". Together, their "enhanced wisdom" is what saves the day.

Papa is a repair doctor (cyborg equivalent of like an army medic???) which is why he's not around; the war keeps him away. Papa is the one who found Melius as a kit, and he is the one called to repair Melius after the overload of the broadcast.

The following trivia about the universe is ideas I had but couldn't incorporate into the writing. I like the way they add some culture to the life of cyborgs, though, so I thought I'd share them still.

- Shine-scanners are used in computer identification and clearance among cyborgs. Famous cyborgs' shines are revered and to be born with a similar one is an honor and a good omen. Defacing art of famous shines is considered criminal.
    - Melius' tail would have been fully replaced (or his shine at least covered) if the cyborgs hadn't had faith in his ability to climb the ranks and earn a name for himself.

- Cyborg ships have the ability to travel to various climates and worlds, but combat-ready kalon suits are still being produced. Some cyborgs are designed specifically to be able to handle certain elements in order to learn about strange alien planets' weaknesses.
    - Most cyborgs are designed to fill one specific role. Melius' is recon, of course, but other categories include:
    • heavy soldier (heavily modified, armored, and have lots of firepower)
    • swift soldier (faster and with longer stamina)
    • analyst (enhanced intelligence and connected to bases mentally)
    • leader (armored, fast thinking, and very dedicated to their purpose)
    • mechanic (scanners, tool arms coming from back/shoulders)
    • assassin/spy (almost silent, don't do a lot of thinking for themselves/very controlled by higher-ups, and connected to bases mentally)

- Cyborgs take unwanted, orphaned, willing, and runaway kalons for modification. Legal modification is done only with consent, but illegal experiments have been performed against subjects' wills.
    - The government is suspected of allowing illegal mods to happen, but nothing has ever been able to be proven/no one has ever spoken out.
    - Illegal mods usually experiment past current legally ethical mods, and not a lot of heavily illegally-modded kalons survive.

- Cyborgs still capable of having kits are always given the choice of not having their kits modified, but a vast majority of parents allow kit modifications once they are old enough.
    - Cyborg kits are raised to believe the best of cyborgs, and many whose parents didn't approve of young mods will later choose final modifications for themselves.
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bliss Entry Stuff

Postby ThatPinkThing » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:20 pm

thread I want to format before I post -- I am aware there's no off thread entries allowed, this is just a space for me to test things visually! <3
Everything you see here is by me. The poem, playlist, art, writing, coding, and decorative bits. The winner is welcome to have all art as long as I'm credited ofc! <3

Username: ThatPinkThing
Kalon Name: Aria Novella Sinclair
[url=link]YouTube Playlist (listen in order, not shuffle <3)[/url]

╔═════════════════════════════════╗
It was lonely at the top, so
I took the plunge.
Eyes closed, heart broken
I longed to feel whole again.

The world realized too late that I had fallen, and
I cried as I heard their warnings.
It was too late to pull up.
I accepted my fate.
Taking my last breath,

I crashed.
╚═════════════════════════════════╝

Part 1: The Set-Up
xxxxx
    Part 2: The Tear-Down
xxxxxAria sobbed into her pillow. Grabbing more from those which surrounded her on her plush bed, she tried her best to silence her cries, but made no attempt to actually stop crying. She screamed into the pillows in pain. Her sides hurt from crying so hard; her mouth and throat were scratchy and dry from yelling. She couldn't stop herself. She shrieked endlessly, painfully aware of the destruction she'd just done to herself, her image, and her life as a whole. Her agent would be furious. Her mother would be nosy. Her fans, oh, God, her fans would be so disappointed. She'd let everyone down. She'd ruined everything. Not only was it over, things would just be continuously going downhill from here.
xxxxxThe young star groaned in despair, her cries finally subsiding and body ceasing to shake. Up until this point, she had felt trapped in a moment in time. Her mistakes, the outburst most of all, had been playing in her head on repeat. Now it was like a storm had passed, and Aria was left staring at the wake of destruction. She unburied herself from her bed, sitting slouched and staring at the floor. She looked at her clothes and rubbed at where her earrings had poked into neck when she flung herself down. She got up from the bed, actively ignoring her watch as she took it and her other clothes and jewelry off. She didn't want to know what time it was. She didn't care.
xxxxxAria wandered into her connected bathroom, drawing a bath. She plucked clips and pins and ties from her hair one by one, watching in the mirror as her hair fell loose each time. When finally done, she ran her fingers through her hair and shook it out, reveling in how absolutely free it was. It took ages for the massive bath to fill up, but Aria passed the time by watching bubbles form from the soap she poured in.
xxxxxThe starlet stepped into the tub, sinking down into the hot water and spreading her wings out to drape over the sides. It was a pain to dry her feathers, so as usual, she just soaked her fur. She laid there for ages, simply letting her mind go blank and her body relax.
xxxxxAria woke to a fist pounding on her bathroom door. Her eyes fluttered, and then she jolted up. Cold water sloshed over the tub sides, and she cringed as long-dead bubbles stuck to her fur. The knock came again. "What?" Aria called, pulling the plug on the tub and standing.
xxxxx"We need to talk!" Her mother's voice replied.
xxxxx"Obviously." Aria rolled her eyes and moved to the shower to rinse off. "Give me ten minutes."
    Part 3: Rebuilding
    Part 4: Rebirth
x
x
x
x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

you can call me Kels or Pink - she/her - adult

my kalons
🏡 toyhou.se🏡
✏️ commissions✏️

ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon Entry Writings (No posting please and thank you!)

Postby ThatPinkThing » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:14 am

The first day of school was always a busy one. Places to be, people to see. Izzy’s mind was full as she crossed the campus. Most of the other kids had made it to their classes now, and Izzy had her nose in her schedule as she turned the corner, knowing the school’s layout by heart since this was her third year here. Seeing as she wasn’t looking where she was going, she bumped right into another student. The collision shook her from her own little world and she hurried to help the other kalon pick up their books and pencils. “I’m so sorry! I wasn’t paying attention-“

“It’s alright,” the other answered softly, smiling to show Izzy they meant it. Izzy picked up a pencil bag and handed it back as the pair stood up. She tilted her head.

“Are you new here? I don’t think we’ve met before and I know, like, everyone.” Izzy giggled and the other kalon, a girl with pretty grey and pink fur nodded.

“I just moved to the area a few weeks ago.”

“Well welcome! You’ll be walking around here without having to look in no time. See you around- wait, what’s your name?”

“Kelly.”

“Kelly! I’m Izzy, nice to meet you. Have a good one!” Izzy waved over her shoulder as she headed off towards her first class, and Kelly smiled a little and waved back.

“Kelly!”

Kelly looked up and around, surprised to be addressed seeing as she was still the new girl. The soccer team was chatting before try-outs and Kelly had found herself stretching off to the side, nervous to approach the other girls who had clearly been playing together for a while. But Izzy was jogging across the pitch, waving enthusiastically.

“I didn’t know you liked soccer,” they said as Izzy set her stuff down and joined in the stretching. Izzy nodded.

“Been playing since I was in like third grade, what about you?”

“Same, actually,” Kelly replied.

Izzy perked up. “That’s awesome! I’m sure we’ll both make the team then!”

“Go Kelly go!” Izzy screamed from the sidelines, her heart racing. The clock was dangerously close to finishing, and Kelly was still a long way from the goal. They didn’t crack under the pressure though.

Izzy watched in awe and excitement as Kelly weaved through the defense, keeping the ball where she knew she’d be next at all times. The crowd roared as Kelly glanced at the clock before taking the shot. The seconds timed out right as the ball flew past the goalie’s fingertips and hit the net.

Izzy and the rest of the team flew from the bench to crowd and congratulate Kelly on the winning shot. Kelly was a bit overwhelmed at first, but smiled when Izzy lifted them up onto her shoulders so they could see the rest of the team’s smiles.

“You were incredible, Kel!” Izzy beamed up to look at her friend. Kelly giggled.

“You too, Iz!”
x
x
x
x

you can call me Kels or Pink - she/her - adult

my kalons
🏡 toyhou.se🏡
✏️ commissions✏️

ThatPinkThing