( ` kalon development zone | a thread 4 kal tips ! )

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

do you play an instrument ?

i used to !
24%
yes , and i love it !
25%
yes , but i don't really anymore .
11%
yes , and i hate it .
1%
no , but i really wish i did ! !
22%
no , not at all , never want to .
8%
i'm learning , not the best .
9%

Total votes : 85

Re: ( ` kalon development zone | a thread 4 kal tips ! )

Postby happysparrow » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:15 pm

Cervidae wrote:
happysparrow wrote:
Since he looks like a pastry, I definitely want to stray away from jobs like baking, just because I feel that would fall into the stereotype category, lol! I do think he might do well in an artsy job - maybe an author?

And I originally tried to make him cool and calm but that just turned to arrogant and snarky, lol. I'm not good at having characters that are not nice? Or at least giving them those kinds of personalities? I want him to be kind but not like over the top sweet, y'know?

//thank you so much, by the way!!

author sounds rlly fitting imo, it's an interesting way to direct from it! maybe go into detail with what kind of books they end up writing?

but i gotcha! meaner kals can be a little difficult if you're not too keen on that kind of angle. h m
you could keep that thought but mellow it down a bit? calm and a bit nonchalant, a rlly cool-headed demeanor. seen as kind-hearted, but often lost in their own work. they enjoy their work, and are kinda distant because of the whimsy the position entails. i seriously just came up with this so it's messy  , but is that going a bit in the territory of stuff you're lookin for?

(yo it's no problem <33)

Ah, definitely! I feel like he would right a bit of everything but really have the most fun with fantasy! Mostly because he gets to make up all the rules, with that!

Also

i don'T KNOW HOW YOU DID THAT BUT IT'S ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. Oh my goodness, I read that and it just?? Completely clicked?? I can see it, definitely!! He doesn't mean to be kinda absent and cool, but he just gets so lost in his own fictional worlds that he forgets reality 0:
happysparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FluffyBirdie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:05 pm

@Sanara Since I'm the worst with names, let me help you. Umm, she looks like a Sylve (Sil-vee), or Eva, Lika, Eudora? As for Mr.Tall, maybe Karma? Legit that's the only idea I have so

So I've had Aodhfin for a while now, and he's got heaps of stuff and random junk floating around the void that is my laptop and yet so far he doesn't have a job.
Why don't you have a job kiddo
Uh, I'll sum him up to make it easier:
  • Can control fire, but as he lives in a modern age I can't see him as a traveling magician
  • Is super competitive, so a job that lets him compete with others (not even an official competition that has prize money, just having other kalons around is good enough for him) would be perfect! I considered him to be traveler before, since he likes meeting new kalons, but I think he's happier around people, instead of making temporary friends
  • He likes learning new stuff, esp. if it helps him achieve his aim in life: beat everyone at everything (never going to make it but let him dream)
  • Pays attention to detail and has a strong memory - IDK how this helps
  • Doesn't mind helping others (Not to show off or anything, nooo)
  • He can cook like nobody's business - his power to control fire helps. He doesn't want anyone to know though, so he can't be a chef or work in a bakery (I mean, 'awesome top-of-the-world champion' and 'great cook' doesn't exactly go well together - goes his reasoning) and again I have no idea how this helps
Did I confuse you all? Cool. The bold points is the main one, the others are me just rambling and trying to give an overview of his personality
Hi there I'm just nervous about nothing again (thus the rambling)

BTW!! This thread is awesome, good on you umbrella emoji ^o^b

──── ────
|| Kalons || TH ||
★★★
Selling OCs, lf art/c$!
Pixel animation shop

──── ────

click on art for credit! avatar credit
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby mikey » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:11 pm

☂ . wrote:sketchimutt : he's a beautiful kal , and i love his teeth edits as a side note : oo
could you give me a small personality description ? ( i could provide a few names based on his design as well ! )

As for his personality. He's a very quiet kalon, doesn't like to talk much. Much like his mother he doesn't like to voice his opinion.
And tends to be repressed. He's rather sensitive and can get upset or worked up over things easily. But he's pretty good at hiding his emotions too. He can be pretty caring, but is also not good at expressing himself.
(thank you, all name suggestions are good <3 )

hal/mikey ; he/him ; lesbian
      kinda inactive - rentry
      ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
mikey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hazilnut » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:28 pm

@FluffyBirdy

Ooooh isn't he a cutie! Lemme see if I can come up with any better job ideas than fireman its a sad day for me when the only suitable career I can envision for a fire bender is a firefighter.

Most careers can have competitive aspects, especially sports so like maybe something along a sporty line? He could have traveled on a team or something idk. Another idea could be a scientific researcher?? They're pretty competitive over discoveries and the like, those who publish fastest tend to get credit no matter who else was pursuing the concept. Obviously these two careers depend on whether Aodhfin is more physically or mentally adept.
Now I have a myo that I'm still a bit stuck on the idea for, and I'd like to have a clearer concept of a character in my head before working out a design. So far I've been entertaining the idea of a kalon who grows roots out of their feet (idk if that makes sense? I haven't seen it before but I know growing things like flowers has been seen as a legendary edit before so I think this would be applicable) Basically they'd be rooted down to the spot, prolly started growing the roots at puberty or something and eventually it got to the point that they grew so fast and deep it hurt a lot to uproot. So I'd first off like some opinions on this just as an idea?

And then second I'm torn for a personality. On one hand they'd make a great wizened old mentor, especially if rooted near a town which they watched over. But I'm not too keen on that idea because it feels a bit obvious? I'm wondering if a kind of a cowardly trickster would work better? The kind that would give kalons in the woods bad directions because they were sour over their situation or something. But because they couldn't exactly run they'd have developed a sort of passive aggressive style of mischief or have become a really good smooth talker? These are super rough ideas so I'd love some insight!
hazilnut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby happysparrow » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:50 am

@FluffyBirdie - Oo, a job that came to my mind was cooking :0c Maybe he enters those Gordon Ramsay competitions now and again too, lol!
happysparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wileyfangs » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:11 am

Okay so
    I want to expand on some new AUs I've got planned
    namely my 'Welcome to Salt Kal City' one, which is where most of my modernized kalons are put into but I'm not quite sure what to do with it as it's a bit like New York with everyone being everywhere and doing everything and just the only thing they all have in common is living there, and my 1950s "Cool Kats Gang", which is literally just cat kalons in the 1950s going to high school and being in a gang. I just have so many ideas and such that my AUs tend to get muddled and I'm not sure how best to organize them. So any tips on that would be extremely helpful

And well I suppose I need some help with Hollis and Hunni too ; o ;
    ImageImage

See Hunni is Hollis' adopted daughter, but I'm trying to come up with a good background story of how the two even met and such since Hollis is a famous actress and would essentially be a single mother. Hollis herself is broody and so this kinda isn't something she'd just normally up and do so I want to have a good idea as to why Hollis would decide to adopt and where Hunni fits into her life and likewise how Hunni and Hollis even met. These two are also in WSKC. I just kinda wanted to see some ideas to make it a it unique but fit better into their story. The whole thing is a bit left field for Hollis to do and idk I kinda wanna see how to go about this.
Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mikey » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:38 am

@Wileyfangs
    I suggest organising information on your own thread in this forum. It really helps me to organise my information for different AU's. Or you could try writing them in a word document or notepad.

And as for how they'd meet or how Hollis adopted them.. Maybe Hunni could've been homeless? Or possibly been in an orphanage ;;

hal/mikey ; he/him ; lesbian
      kinda inactive - rentry
      ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
mikey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wileyfangs » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:09 am

@Sketchiimutt: Ah that makes sense! I suppose that's a good place to start and I could always work on any story ideas for the AUs. At least to organize my ideas a bit better. Thanks! I'll probably start there for things!

Okay so yeah that works because Hunni was from an orphanage so that works out there. Hunni was from a very full and run-down orphanage so maybe Hollis's agent/boss decided it'd look good for Hollis to actually show a little charity for the place, but Hollis ends
    up adopting Hunni because idk maybe they bonded or something? Hunni for reference is like a busy little girl who's always getting into trouble for being nosey. So maybe she got in trouble with Hollis or something that way? Does that make sense?
Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zakuro. » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:58 am

mark !!
sig & pfp by chimingcloud on discord
zak | she | adult | my kals
zakuro.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:01 am

Mark! C:
╔══════════════════════════════════╗
☾ Hello! I'm Cocogerber13, °˖✧

but feel free to call me Coco.
toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
DA|FR|art fight|Character shop
♢I write, draw, and rp!♢

Current interests: Fionna & Cake/Adventure Time, Genshin Impact, HSR, Baldur’s Gate 3, botw, fe3h, Ev.e, MILGRAM, ORV & Twisted Wonderland

Image Image Image

╚══════════════════════════════════╝
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me