SeaClan [WIP] ☆ do not post

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: SeaClan [WIP] ☆ do not post

Postby winter solstice. » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:46 pm

(above posts are void. New iteration of this clan to start here~)

SeaClan
      Number of Cats: 1 (1 M | 0 F)

The sun shone as a sandy-brown tom stirred from the Moonpool. His green eyes opened with a start as he looked wildly about himself. Seeing no one else around, the tom shakily got to his paws. This was Leafstar of SeaClan.

He remembered his ancestor Thornstar's words whispering about in the air again: The sea will rise higher than ever before. But beware the eyes of the night feathers. Only swift paws and the call of owls will be able to aid you.

Shivering in anticipation, the tom stretched and headed out. He had promised to his warrior ancestors that he would rebuild their clan.

SeaClan would live again!

[Leafstar hunts in the Pine Copse.]
      [Leafstar patrols.]

(Prey are fish, squirrels, sparrows, mice, and rarely, hares. Fish are most common (sea urchin/sea stars would be grouped into fish I guess?)

Leader:
              Leafstar | 30 moons | Tom | X
              Lives: ★★★★★★★★★

Deputy:
              Name | Age | Gender | [url=link]X[/url]

Medicine Cat:

Warriors:

Apprentices:

Queens:

Kits:

Elders:
        Ally Clans:
        Clan Name | Username
        Clan Name | Username[/quote]

Enemy Clans
        Clan Name | Username
        Clan Name | Username

Borders
        North | Clan Name | Username
        East | Clan Name | Username
        South | Clan Name | Username
        West | Clan Name | Username

Medicine Store
        Herb | Usage
        Herb | Usage

Fresh-Kill Pile:
        Fish | x0 | 0 servings
        Squirrel | x0 | 0 servings
        Sparrow | x0 | 0 servings
        Mouse | x0 | 0 servings
        Hare | x0 | 0 servings
        Shrew | x0 | 0 servings

Mentors:
        Mentor | Apprentice | No. of training sessions | Moves

Deceased Cats:
        Cat Name | Cause of Death

Family:
        Name and Name | Kits
        Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale
She/Her | Korea | UTC+9hrs.

Links of Interest
My Offsite Trading Thread
How Much is This Worth in C$?
Character Storage

Other Sites
Flight Rising | Pokefarm Q

FRsona by KKorven
(of Flight Rising)

╚═════════════╝

Hello! I'm winter! Hope you all have a great day or night, wherever you are ♡
winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:53 am

SeaClan
Number of Cats: 2 (1 M | 1 F)
Next Moonpool Visit: November 20, 2017
Archive Thread: boop
Territory: boop

Leafstar poked inside the recently cleaned out warriors' chamber and smiled. It was early morning, long before most cats would be awake, but the young she-cat he had found on his patrol a few sunrises ago was already awake and alert. The tortoiseshell she-cat stretched, turned around, perhaps getting ready to come out of the cave chamber to go out to hunt, and stopped. She looked obviously startled as the young warrior squeamed, "Leafstar!" She seemed to regain her composure as she continued, "You are awame early this morning!" The leader of SeaClan chuckled, "Well, yes, I am. I was about to wame you up myself, Emberwhisker. You," he added, addressing his Clanmate, "are the one up early this morning, miss."

Emberwhisker mewed with a soft purr, "I was about to go out hunting, Leafstar. I was thinking, maybe I'd be able to go catch something better when I can actually see what I can catch in the sea." Leafstar meowed sternly, "Be careful while going through the Walkway. That place is treacherous, even for myself. And don't forget to stretch yourself well and test the waves before going for a swim!" He moved out of the way to allow the newest addition to SeaClan leave the chamber, adding, "And don't overwork yourself!" Emberwhisker chuckled and turned to face her leader and meowed, amusement obvious in her mew, "Leafstar; you sound exactly like a worried queen! Stop being so much of a worry wart and do what you are supposed to do!" Before Leafstar could retort, the younger cat meowed, "Oh yeah, um, Leafstar, please say my name when you are addressing me, I need to get used to being Emberwhisker; and not Ember." With that, the tortoiseshell she-cat bounded out of the chamber, and out of camp soon after.

Leafstar blinked and followed the energetic she-cat out, thinking of hunting in the Pine Grove again. Once he was done, he'd go to the Moonpool and ask StarClan, his warrior ancestors, to send a cat to his Clan. Who? he asked himself silently, as he made his way down carefully down the narrow Walkway, a deputy to help me decide things? Or a medicine cat to help our Clan with advice and healing? Or a warrior who can stock up on fresh-kill reliably and also protect our Clan?

(Sometime later)

The moon was shining brightly overhead as Leafstar made his way to the Moonpool. Once at the sparkling pool behind the waterfall, he lapped up some water and closed his eyes, waiting for sleep to take him. As he did so, he thought, StarClan, please send SeaClan a medicine cat, so that we may be able to hear your guidance much quicker than now, and so that we may have a healer who will take care of us in times of need.

[The Clan consumes 1x Shrew.]
[Ember became Emberwhisker!]
[Leafstar hunts in the Pine Grove.]
[Emberwhisker hunts in the sea.]
[Leafstar and Emberwhisker patrols.]
[Leafstar asks for a medicine cat at the Moonpool.]

Leader:
          Leafstar | 31 moons | Tom | X

Deputy:

Medicine Cat:

Warriors:
          Emberwhisker | 16 moons | she-cat | X

Apprentices:

Queens:

Kits:

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders

Medicine Store
    Herb | Usage
    Herb | Usage

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Fish | x0 | 0 servings
    Mouse | x0 | 0 servings
    Hare | x0 | 0 servings
    Shrew | x0 | 0 servings

Mentors:

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
    Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale

Links of Interest
Character Storage

Other Sites

FRsona by KKorven
(of Flight Rising)

╚═════════════╝

winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:24 am

SeaClan
Number of Cats: 3 (2 M | 1 F)
Next Moonpool Visit: November 20, 2017

Leafstar was so glad that StarClan had granted his wish of a medicine cat for his Clan. Looking over at the tabby tom, who was quietly sorting through the herbs he had found earlier, the SeaClan leader asked, "Hey, Honeytuft?" The SeaClan medicine cat's ears perked up as the tom turned to face his leader. Dipping his head toward the brown tom, Honeytuft meowed, "What can I do for you today, Leafstar?" Leafstar smiled softly and meowed, "I was thinking, I've worked Emberwhisker a little hard lately, with both hunting and patrols. Can I get you to patrol our borders today with her? You might find a few herbs in the Pine Grove portion of our borders." Thinking for a few moments, the thoughtful tabby tom meowed, "That might not be a bad idea."

Honeytuft added quietly, lowering his voice, "Thornstar came to me last night." Leafstar tensed, speaking quietly, "What did he say?" The honey-colored tabby shook his head and meowed, as if he were a little frustrated, "I couldn't hear much, due to the sound of the waves crashing on the shore, but he seemed to be warning us. Something to do with 'beware the night feathers', I think," the medicine cat finished; Leafstar blinked thoughtfully before replying slowly, "When I was made leader, Thornstar told me that the sea would rise higher than before, but it would be wise to beware the night feathers. Thornstar must be telling us not to put our guards down." Honeytuft's ears twitched as he mewed honestly, "I don't like the ambiguity of our ancestors..." Leafstar sighed, "I don't either. We all came from completely different walks of life before we joined this Clan, all because of their guidance. So far they have kept us safe; I think it's good enough reason to believe they are on our side. Besides," the SeaClan leader added, "they knew we were all descendants of the old SeaClan." Honeytuft nodded thoughtfully and replied, "Aye. I wasn't so keen when I first started to receive dreams from StarClan, but I am so glad they led me to you and the Clan. We may be only three in number, now" he added, "but I don't need to be a medicine cat to know that our Clan is going to prosper and grow for many seasons to come, knowing we have the protection and guidance of our ancestors." Both toms nodded in agreement, and padded out of the medicine cat's chamber together. Leafstar dipped his head to Honeytuft and he left, going to hunt in the sea. He needed a swim anyway, to put his mind off what he'd heard from the honey-colored tom.

(On patrol)

"So," Emberwhisker asked, her tortoiseshell coat seemingly shining in the sun's rays, "Leafstar asked you to patrol with me?" Honeytuft chuckled and mewed, "Yes, Emberwhisker. Just because I'm the medicine cat," he added, a twinkle in his yellow eyes, "doesn't mean I'm a defenseless cat. Just like you and Leafstar, I was a rogue. I fought tooth and claw to protect myself back then, and I'll do the same for the Clan now, if need be. Now," the honey-colored tom concluded merrily, "Let's go on and finish this patrol. I still need to find some of those herbs I need..." Emberwhisker nodded and sprinted ahead, calling behind her, "All righty! Let's go find those herbs, patrol, and be back to impress Leafstar!" Chuckling, Honeytuft followed her.

[The Clan consumes Fish x1]
[Honey joined SeaClan as a medicine cat!]
[Honey became Honeytuft!]
[Leafstar hunts in the sea.]
[Emberwhisker and Honeytuft patrols.]
[While patrolling, Honeytuft looks for herbs.]

Leader:
          Leafstar | 32 moons | Tom | X

Deputy:

Medicine Cat:
          Honeytuft | 35 moons | Tom | X

Warriors:
          Emberwhisker | 17 moons | she-cat | X

Apprentices:

Queens:

Kits:

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders

Medicine Store
    Herb | Usage
    Herb | Usage

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Fish | x0 | 0 servings
    Mouse | x1 | 0 servings
    Hare | x0 | 0 servings
    Shrew | x0 | 0 servings

Mentors:

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
    Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale

Links of Interest
Character Storage

Other Sites

FRsona by KKorven
(of Flight Rising)

╚═════════════╝

winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:08 am

SeaClan
Number of Cats: 4 (2 M | 2 F)
Next Moonpool Visit: Anytime

Leafstar dipped his head toward the older she-cat Emberwhisker and Honeytuft had found at the border. She had introduced herself as Lucy, a former kittypet who had turned to the life of a rogue after she ran away from her Twolegs. She had been staying around the area the Clan called the Pine Grove for sometime, but only had come across them recently. Lucy dipped her head in greeting to the SeaClan leader as well, meowing, "I would like to join the Clan then; I'd heard of the Clans, and I like the idea of cats working together to survive." Leafstar mewed gratefully, "SeaClan is honored to have you as one of our warriors. But," he added, "you must be okay with having to change your name?" The white she-cat blinked in surprise and looked toward Emberwhisker and Honeytuft in slight bewilderment. Honeytuft exolained, "You see, in a Clan, we have different kinds of names." Emberwhisker nodded, adding, "Don't worry! I'm sure Leafstar will give you a name that fits you perfectly!" Lucy turned to Leafstar and meowed steadily, "All right then, that is fine with me."

Leafstar began, looking up into the sky, "I, Leafstar, leader of SeaClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this cat. She seeks to learn and understand the ways of your noble code and join us as a member, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn." Turning his gaze to Lucy, who was sitting in front of him, the sandy brown tom asked, "Do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" The white she-cat shivered at the question and glanced at Honeytuft, who was sitting nearby with Emberwhisker; the SeaClan medicine cat nodded in encouragement and mewed quietly, "Say 'I do'." The former kittypet nodded and faced Leafstar. She meowed firmly, her steady gaze meeting the leader's green gaze, "I do." Leafstar replied, "Then, by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Lucy, from this moment on, you will be known as Whiterose. StarClan honors your courage and thirst for knowledge, and we welcome you as a full warrior of SeaClan." He then stepped close to the newly-named Whiterose and rested his muzzle on her head, whispering, "Now you will lick my shoulder." The warrior did as told, at which Emberwhisker and Honeytuft began chanting, "Whiterose! Whiterose! Whiterose!"

(A few days later)

Leafstar meowed, "Now that you have had time to learn the territory and the camp better, I'd like to take you to the borders. We patrol the bordersdaily and redo our scent markers, so that other cats know that this territory belongs to the cats of SeaClan," he explained. Whiterose nodded and got to her paws, meowing, "Well then Leafstar, what are we waiting for?" The sandy brown tom purred, "All right then!" He padded out to the main chamber, with the white warrior right at his heels; the SeaClan leader spotted Emberwhisker coming from a morning swim and meowed, "How's it going, Emberwhisker? Is the water too cold?" The young tortoiseshell she-cat replied, "Well, I think I got my swimming skill improved a lot! And the water is a lot colder," the warrior admitted, "but not too bad yet." The leader smiled and meowed, "That's certainly good news indeed! If you aren't too tired or cold," he added, "can I get you to go hunt for us in the Pine Grove? We should keep the fresh-kill pile stocked up." The young warrior nodded and started out, mewing, "You can count on me, Leafstar!"

[Leafstar and Whiterose patrols.]
[Emberwhisker hunts in the Pine Grove.]

Leader:
          Leafstar | 33 moons | Tom | X

Deputy:

Medicine Cat:
          Honeytuft | 36 moons | Tom | X

Warriors:
          Emberwhisker | 18 moons | she-cat | X
          Whiterose | 45 moons | she-cat | X

Apprentices:

Queens:

Kits:

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders

Medicine Store
    Borage Leaves x1 | produces more and better milk (used by queens); brings down fevers
    Burdock Root x1 | used to treat ratbites
    Catmint x1 | best remedy for greencough
    Cobwebs x1 | stops bleeding, binds wounds
    Comfrey Root x1 | used to soothe wounds, stop inflammation, and bind broken limbs
    Juniper Berries x1 | cures bellyache, soothes a cat's nerves
    Poppy Seeds x1 | helps a cat sleep; soothes shock or distress; eases pain; not recommended for nursing queens

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Fish | x2 | 0 servings
    Mouse | x1 | 0 servings
    Hare | x0 | 0 servings
    Shrew | x0 | 0 servings

Mentors:

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
    Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale

Links of Interest
Character Storage

Other Sites

FRsona by KKorven
(of Flight Rising)

╚═════════════╝

winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:34 pm

SeaClan
Number of Cats: 5 (3 M | 2 F)
Next Moonpool Visit: December 9

It had been a few sunrises since another cat, a gray tom, had joined SeaClan. Leafstar purred as he thought about it, knowing he was keeping his promise to Thornstar. The leader then looked up as the white-furred form of Whiterose came into the chamber he made home. The sandy brown tom meowed pleasantly, "Whiterose, how may I help you this morning? You are up quite early," he added, as Whiterose flicked her tail in greeting. The white warrior meowed, "It's been a moon since I've joined this Clan, Leafstar. And it's been great," she emphasized, "but I feel like we are missing... something..." The SeaClan leader replied, admitting, "We have yet to see a queen or a young cat, I know, apart from Emberwhisker. But StarClan will guide them to our Clan soon," he added, determination in his green eyes, "but I will ask for a deputy when I go to ask StarClan at the Moonpool. We will need a cat who can organize things and help with Clan activities." The older she-cat nodded, "That sounds good, Leafstar." After a little while, she added, "I'll be going hunting in the sea, I don't want to have Emberwhisker catch a cough." Leafstar meowed, "Be careful, Whiterose. You'll get a cough too if you aren't." With just a flicker of her tail, the warrior disappeared back into the tunnel. Sighing, Leafstar headed out as well.

Emberwhisker was stretching in the leaf-fall sunlight outside as her new denmate, Stormfang, and Leafstar, the leader, came out of the camp entrance. The young tortoiseshell she-cat dipped her head to the older cats as the sandy brown tom meowed, "Emberwhisker, Whiterose went to the sea to hunt. Can you hunt in the Pine Grove today?" After a moment, he added, "We should be stockpiling for the leaf-bare." The warrior nodded and made her way inside the camp, heading to the back entrance, to the Pine Grove. Turning to the gray tom next to him, Leafstar explained, "We will go on a border patrol. I showed you the Pine Grove side of our boundaries yesterday, so I will show you the seaside today. Look," he added, pointing to the narrow path with his tail, "The Walkway is a narrow, treacherous place. Thornstar, the leader who came before me countless moons ago, told me of the many cats who fell to their deaths traversing the path." Stormfang replied, studying the path carefully, "Aye, I can see what you mean. The way the path slopes, and how narrow it is... It's going to be a challenge." The tom licked a paw daintily and mewed, "I'm ready." Stormfang made his way down cautiously, followed by Leafstar.

Honeytuft was busy in his chamber, sorting through the herbs he had in store. The honey-colored tom murmured to himself, "Best to go hunt for herbs before leaf-bare. Tansy and catmint for coughs..." he trailed off as the medicine cat realized something. He shook his head and said to himself, "Honeytuft, you mouse-brain!" The SeaClan medicine cat looked about in the storage and said, "forgetting about the juniper berries eh?" Sighing and shaking his head, Honeytuft made his way toward the Pine Grove.

(That night)
Leafstar picked his way carefully toward the Moonpool, beyond the slippery path and the waterfall. A sigh of relief came from him as the sandy brown tom spied the precious pool. Sitting comfortably at its shore, Leafstar lapped up some of the water and mewed, "StarClan, please send us a deputy, a cat who is determined and knowledgeable about the world, so that he or she may help me making important decisions when the need arises."

[Leafstar and Stormfang patrols. (The seaside)]
[Honeytuft goes herb hunting.]
[Emberwhisker hunts in the Pine Grove.]
[Whiterose hunts in the sea.]
[Leafstar requests for a deputy.]

Leader:
          Leafstar | 34 moons | Tom | X

Deputy:

Medicine Cat:
          Honeytuft | 37 moons | Tom | X

Warriors:
          Emberwhisker | 19 moons | she-cat | X
          Whiterose | 46 moons | she-cat | X
          Stormfang | 35 moons | tom | X

Apprentices:

Queens:

Kits:

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders

Medicine Store
    Borage Leaves x1 | produces more and better milk (used by queens); brings down fevers
    Comfrey Root x1 | used to soothe wounds, stop inflammation, and bind broken limbs
    Poppy Seeds x1 | helps a cat sleep; soothes shock or distress; eases pain; not recommended for nursing queens

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Fish | x1 | 0 servings
    Mouse | x2 | 0 servings
    Hare | x1 | 0 servings
    Shrew | x0 | 0 servings

Mentors:

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
    Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale

Links of Interest
Character Storage

Other Sites

FRsona by KKorven
(of Flight Rising)

╚═════════════╝

winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:56 pm

SeaClan
Number of Cats: 8 (4 M | 4 F)

Serving Size: 3

(Received Ripplepaw as part of the Advent Calendar)

(One moon ago)
As Stormfang meowed, "All clear!" his brown tabby companion stopped him from moving another step with a tail. As the newest warrior of SeaClan looked at his leader questioningly, Leafstar indicated with a paw over by the Tidal Pools, where a small shape was hunched over a tidal pool, shivering in fright at the sight of the two grown cats. As Stormfang blinked, the SeaClan leader slowly crossed the distance between him and the frightened young cat. When Leafstar was within speaking distance, the brown tabby tom sat down, his paws in front of him and tucked behind his tail to give the young cat the impression he wasn't going to hurt him; Leafstar meowed calmly, "Hello there, young 'un! How did you make it down here?" The young cat's ears flattened as he muttered, "Mama told me not to say nuthin' to strangers." the sandy brown leader glanced at his dark-furred companion before indicating for him to join him. Still with a somewhat questioning look, Stormfang did as told, and sat in the same way Leafstar had. Leafstar insisted, "Oh come on, young 'un, we aren't going to hurt you. I'm Leafstar-" he nodded at himself, "and this cat is Stormfang," indicating the gray tom with another nod. The young brown-and-white tom hesitated before meowing softly, "I'm... Ivy. I was playing with my mama and my siblings but then they left me behind when they caught your scent." Blinking in surprise, Stormfang asked, "Your mama and siblings just left you?" Ivy shook his head and muttered, "They called for me, but I wanted to get my paws on a sea urchin and ignored them." He looked away, ashamed of himself; Leafstar glanced at his gray companion before mewing, "I'll tell you what, we live up on the cliffs this way," he pointed with his tail to the Walkway, "and if you want to come with us to live, you will learn how to properly live in a group and hunt, battle... You name it!" The brown-and-white tom glanced back and forth between the two SeaClan cats before nodding timidly; the two toms accompanied the young tom up the Walkway, and into the camp, where Emberwhisker was waiting for them with a young gray tabby she-cat, her yellow-green gaze bright with curiosity. Blinking in pleasant surprise, Leafstar indicated for Ivy to present himself to the she-cat.

Behind the cats came Whiterose, her jaw laden with two fish. She dropped the fresh-kill to the pile quickly and headed over to where the majority of the Clan were already. Honeytuft emerged from his chamber, having heard the commotion. The mild-mannered honey-colored tom purred in delight at the arrival of the two young cats; Leafstar cleared his throat and leapt onto the Meeting Ledge. He decided not to use the meeting call, as all had been gathered already; the sandy brown tom meowed, his leaf-green gaze sweeping around his Clan cats, "Today, StarClan has blessed us with two young cats who stumbled onto our territory." Turning to Ivy, the tom ordered, "Please, introduce yourself." The brown-and-white tom hesitated for a moment before meowing, "My name is Ivy, and my mother and two siblings, along with myself, are loners who live near the river. We were playing on the beach when Stormfang and Leacstar surprised us. Mother and my sisters fled, but I remained behind because I was preoccupied with a sea urchin in the tidal pool." The rest of the Clan mewed warm words of welcome; when the noise died down, Leafstar turned to the gray tabby she-cat and asked her to introduce herself as well. The she-cat meowed confidently, "My name is Lyra. My father was a rogue, my mother a kittypet. My father took me to travel when I became old enough, and I loved it! But when I learned how to hunt I strayed far from him." Her gaze faltered as she sniffed, "I've been on my own for a few sunrises, my father may have already moved on." She changed the topic quickly, however, as she asked, "May I join your Clan? I heard so many stories from my father about you guys!" Glancing at Honeytuft, who had a small smile on his face, Leafstar nodded. "You two," he ordered the young cats, "come stand in front of me." The young cats did as told, looking up at the sandy-furred SeaClan leader with wonder.

"I," Leafstar began, "leader of SeaClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these two young cats. They have come stumbling into my Clan and want to learn to become our own." Pausing to take breath, the tom thought of names to give to the cats, and spoke carefully, "By the power of StarClan I give you your names. Until you have earned your warrior names, you will be known as Ivypaw and Ripplepaw." Turning to the fray tabby first, Leafstar meowed, "I will take you as my apprentice, Ripplepaw. You will learn to hunt, swim, battle, and behave as a SeaClan cat from now on." He came down to meet his new apprentice; once close, the tom mewed quietly, "Touch noses with me." The newly-named Ripplepaw did as told as a purr escaped her throat. Jumping up onto the Meeting Ledge, Leafstar continued, looking at Ivypaw, "Emberwhisker, though you are our youngest warrior, you have had the most experience of being a Clan cat, aside from myself. I trust you to pass all you know of SeaClan to Ivypaw." The tortoiseshell-and-white she-cat looked excited as she touched noses with the still-hesitant Ivypaw. Leafstar meowed, "We should get them some rest and start training tomorrow." This was a signal for dismissal; the warriors gathered around the new cats to welcome them to the Clan, and Leafstar was soon left alone with Whiterose, who had stayed behind after the young cats had been shown to the apprentices' chamber by Emberwhisker.

Whiterose meowed, once Leafstar and she had come into the leader's chamber, "Tonight you will be asking for the deputy?" The sandy brown leader nodded, "Yes, in this leaf-bare we need all the hunting cats we can get, plus his or her knowledge will help me decide things." The white she-cat nodded and then asked softly, "Leafstar?" The SeaClan leader nodded, "Mmm?" the elder warrior mewed softly, "I have been thinking..." Leafstar interrupted the she-cat with his tail; he mewed, equally soft, "Whiterose, I know what you are thinking. We've gotten so much closer in the past two moons we were Clanmates for." The she-cat mewed softly, "Leafstar, don't you think that we should let the other cats know?" The sandy brown tom sighed, "Honeytuft already knows, you could never hide anything from him." Whiterose sighed, "Then why not tell anyone else? That we-" Leafstar whispered, his tail brushing against her flank, "I know. After I come back from the Moonpool," he promised. With a wistful glance at the she-cat he loved, the tabby headed out for the Moonpool.

(A moon later)
Leafstar woke up to the sound of a she-cat giving out instructions to cats. A purr rumbled from the tom's throat as he realzied it was Brightstream, his deputy, giving orders for patrols. The she-cat was crouched by the entrance of the cave that housed the Moonpool when he had come out after requesting one. Claiming to have been sent by StarClan, the ginger-and-white she-cat had quickly adapted to SeaClan's way of life. The SeaClan leader quickly made his way to the main camp, just as the first hunting patrol, made of Stormfang and Emberwhisker, were about to leave, with Ivypaw trotting beside his mentor. Calling to Ivypaw and Ripplepaw, who was stretching near the entrance, Leafstar meowed, "Brightstream, Emberwhisker, I will take the apprentices to the Pine Grove to learn about the borders there today. They will learn to hunt later today," he concluded, glancing at Emberwhisker, who nodded. His light-pelted deputy nodded thoughtfully and allowed Stormfang and Emberwhisker to leave; the ginger-and-white she-cat meowed quietly, waving the apprentices away for a moment, "May I take Whiterose up the river today? Ivypaw has been a little sad lately, and we were thinking maybe, if we were to find some of his family, he would be happier." Leafstar blinked thoughtfully before nodding slowly. He meowed, "Go ahead, Brightstream. I wager you will be able to deal with that." His deputy purred and disappeared into the warriors' chamber; soon after, she came out again, Whiterose close behind her. Leafstar's green gaze rested on his mate softly before he allowed the she-cats to leave. Suppressing a sigh, Leafstar called to the apprentices; the two followed their leader up the path to the Pine Grove.

[The Clan consumes Hare x1]
[Ivypaw and Ripplepaw join; they are now apprentices (Leafstar-Ripplepaw, Emberwhisker-Ivypaw)]
[Brightstream joins; she is now the deputy of SeaClan.]
[Leafstar and the apprentices patrol (Pine Grove) {no cats please}]
[Brightstream and Whiterose patrol (the riverside), looking for Ivypaw's mother and/or his siblings (two mollies)]
[Honeytuft looks for kitting herbs, especially chervil and stick.]
[Leafstar and Whiterose are now mates (yes kits)]
[Emberwhisker and Stormfang hunt in the river.]
[Leafstar, Ivypaw, and Ripplepaw hunt in the Pine Grove.]
[Leafstar trains Ripplepaw: hunting]
[Emberwhisker trains Ivypaw: hunting]

Leader:
          Leafstar | 35 moons | Tom | X

Deputy:
          Brightstream | 35 moons | she-cat | X

Medicine Cat:
          Honeytuft | 38 moons | Tom | X

Warriors:
          Emberwhisker | 20 moons | she-cat | X
          Whiterose | 47 moons | she-cat | X
          Stormfang | 36 moons | tom | X

Apprentices:
          Ripplepaw | 7 moons | she-cat | X
          Ivypaw | 7 moons | tom | X

Queens:

Kits:

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders
    South | Sea (none)
    Northeast | PineClan | deimos
    Northwest | Clan Name | Username
    Southeast | Sea (none)
    Southwest | Sea (none)

Medicine Store
    Feverfew x1 | used to cure fever.
    Honey x1 | helps to soothe a cat's throat, helps with smoke inhalation, used to sweeten medicine for younger cats

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Fish | x3 | 6 servings
    Squirrel | x2 | 4 servings
    Sparrow | x1 | 3 servings
    Mouse | x2 | 2 servings
    Hare | x0 | 0 servings
    Shrew | x0 | 0 servings

Mentors:
    Leafstar | Ripplepaw | 0 | Moves
    Emberwhisker | Ivypaw | 0 | Moves

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
    Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale

Links of Interest
Character Storage

Other Sites

FRsona by KKorven
(of Flight Rising)

╚═════════════╝

winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:53 am

SeaClan
Number of Cats: 10 (4 M | 6 F)

Serving Size: 3

(Received Horsetail x1, Thyme x1, Ragwort Leaves x1, Celandine x1, Comfrey Root x1, Raspberry Leaves x1, Chamomile x1, Daisy Leaf x1, Yarrow x1, Burnet x1, Catmint x1, Coltsfoot x1, Cobwebs x1, Alder Bark x1, Heather Nectar x1, Lavender x1, Tansy x2, Hare x1, and Squirrel x1 as part of the Advent Calendar)

(One moon ago)
"I told you to be careful!" Stormfang huffed as he watched Emberwhisker as she hovered over the edge of the icy river. "I'll be fine." She mumbled as she stared into the water. Stormfang frowned a little and shook his head. "It's quite icy, the edges of the river have ice around them and ice landings. It is all too easy to slip or for the ice to break." Emberwhisker smirked as her paw slapped against the water and a fish came flying out. The fish were quite slow due to the cold, she was surprised she even got that one. "See no harm no-" Before she could speak much more the ice underneath her made a loud crack. The tortoiseshell warrior let out a startled yowl before she went under. Stormfang hissed at Ivypaw, who had a look of terror on his face, "Don't just stand there! Get help!" The terrified apprentice snapped out of his stupefied daze at the words. The brown-and-white tom bolted, spraying snow all around him as his paws flew over the snow-covered terrain. The last thing he heard was a loud splash as he assumed Stormfang had gone after Emberwhisker.

By the time Ivypaw got back to the scene, with Brightstream and Whiterose, who had been nearby with two other cats he hadn't glimpsed due to his urgency, Stormfang and Emberwhisker were out of the water. The brown-and-white apprentice raced to his mentor and asked, eyes wide with worry, "Are you all right?" The young tortoiseshell she-cat nodded, shaking water out of her fur, "Yes! But brrr, that water is cold!" She sneezed as Stormfang huffed beside her, "What did I tell you?" Not looking apologetic at all, Emberwhisker replied, "Sorry Stormfang." Whiterose asked, "And you Stormfang?" The gray tom shook his head, "I'm fine, nothing's wrong with me." Brightstream nodded and mewed, "All right, let's get back to camp." Turning to Whiterose, the deputy mewed, "If you would do the honors of giving Ivypaw the news, that would be great." The white she:cat nodded and indicated for Ivypaw to stay with her.

Ivypaw turned to Whiterose, confused, as the white she-cat called, "All right, Thea, Daisy, you guys can come out now." The apprentice's eyes widened with shock as he realized, "Mama! Sister!" The chocolate tabby she-cat that stepped out from the bushes nearby looked immensely relieved as she allowed the young tom to bury his nose into hers. She murmured, "My dear darling..." as Ivypaw sobbed in happiness at her side. The younger she-cat next to her had a relieved look about her as well as she waited patiently for her brother to turn his attention to her. Sometime after, the young tom turned his attention to Daisy; the tom asked, frowning, "Mama, Daisy, where's Lily?" The two she-cats exchanged sorrowful looks before Thea began, "Ivy..." The apprentice blinked, sensing the change come in his family, "Huh...?" Daisy meowed, tears in her light amber eyes, "Lily... She... Oh Ivy..." She let out a thin wail as Whiterose comforted the young she-cat; Thea finished her daughter's sentence heavily, "The river that almost took your friend away... took Lily. She drowned when the ice under her broke..." The family of three huddled beside the frozen river as all three cats mourned the loss of their loved one, with Whiterose sitting nearby in silence, not knowing how to comfort the cats. After what seemed like ages had passed, Ivypaw sniffed as he turned to the white warrior, "Whiterose, let's go to camp. My mama and sister need to be warm after spending so much out here in the cold." The white she-cat nodded and wordlessly started the trek back, indicating for the three cats to follow her.

Back at camp, Honeytuft huffed as he nosed some tansy toward Emberwhisker, "You should have listened to Stormfang. You could have drowned!" Emberwhisker only shrugged her shoulders as she lapped up the herbs, only to grimace as she complained, "Honeytuft, did you just poison me?" The SeaClan medicine cat let out a dramatic sigh as he replied, "No, Emberwhisker. That was tansy for your coughs. It should help ease them soon, and it's good to prevent greencough." Turning to Stormfang, the honey-colored tom dipped his head, "I'm sure if you hadn't been there to think quickly, she could have drowned." As the gray tom looked away in embarrassment at the praise, they were interrupted by Leafstar's yowl from the main chamber: "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey meet here, around the Meeting Ledge, for a Clan meeting!" Honeytuft nudged Brightstream and Stormfang out, meowing, "Go on, you two. Emberwhisker and I will be watching from this corner of the camp." As the SeaClan deputy and Stormfang left the medicine cat's den, Emberwhisker asked incredulously, "Wait what?"

Leafstar meowed, sweeping his leaf-green gaze across the camp, "We have two important pieces of information to share today. One: Cats are forbidden to go near the river unless for border patrols. Do not go onto the ice. Emberwhisker was almost lost due to falling into the river when she stepped onto thin ice today. Thanks to Stormfang' s quick thinking and Ivypaw's timely warning, she is safe, albeit in the medicine cat's den for some time for recovering from her exposure to the cold water. Two," the tom continued, glancing at where Thea and Daisy were sitting below, "I am happy to announce that Whiterose and Brightstream found Thea, Ivypaw's mother, and Daisy, his sister. Unfortunately," he added heavily, lowering his eyes in sorrow, "Lily, his other sister, is not here with us today, as she drowned in the very river that nearly took Emberwhisker from us today." Brightstream assured the assembled cats, "But SeaClan will honor Lily as one of our own. She will be safe in StarClan, and she will look over us from up there." Leafstar nodded at his deputy's words and meowed, "Yes. Now," turning to Thea and Daisy once more, we will hold a warrior ceremony for Thea, and an apprentice ceremony for Daisy."

Leafstar began, looking up into the sky, "I, Leafstar, leader of SeaClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this cat. She seeks to learn and understand the ways of your noble code and join us as a member, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn." He faced Thea and asked, "Do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" The chocolate tabby she-cat shivered at the question, but nodded, "Yes." The brown tabby tom continued, "Then, by the power of StarClan I give you your warrior name. From this day forth you will be known as Dustflower. StarClan recognizes your willingness to learn and patience, and we welcome you as a full warrior of SeaClan." The Clan erupted into happy chants of "Dustflower!" as Leafstar leapt down to rest his muzzle on the new warrior, who licked his shoulder in return. Leafstar jumped up to the Meeting Ledge and continued, once the shouts died down, "Daisy, until you have earned your warrior name you will be known as Daisypaw." Turning to Brightstream, he mewed, "Brightstream, you have proved yourself as a loyal warrior and deputy of our Clan for the past moon. You will mentor Daisypaw. Please teach her everything you know," he added as the ginger-and-white she-cat went to touch noses with her. With that, the brown tabby leader jumped down from the ledge and came to Stormfang, who had a slight frown on his face. The gray warrior dipped his head to his leader as Leafstar asked, "Can you take Ivypaw while Emberwhisker is recovering?" After a few moments of uncomfortable silence Stormfang nodded, "Sure, Leafstar. I'll train him." "Thank you," the SeaClan leader replied, and he was gone.

Stormfang growled softly as he muttered to himself, "Daisypaw should have been given to me! I had more experience in Clan life than that Brightstream! Just because she's deputy-" he stopped abruptly as he saw Ivypaw came trotting over to him. Stormfang forced a neutral mask to come to his face before he mewed pleasantly, "Let's go to the Pine Grove, I'm going to teach you some tracking skills." The brown-and-white tom flinched under the solid gray tom's gaze, but he nodded and followed Stormfang toward the entrance of the forest.

(Now)
A moon had passed, and Honeytuft had confirmed Emberwhisker had caught a cough, though it wasn't as serious as whitecough or greencough. He had made sure that the warrior get plenty of rest, which she resented greatly; Emberwhisker complained to a visiting Ivypaw, "I swear to StarClan, Ivypaw, Honeytuft is trying to kill me, not letting me go out of his den!" Her apprentice soothed her, "At least you will be fine once you rest! He's helping you, not killing you." He then sat down heavily, recounting miserably, "But I do wish you could mentor me again! All Stormfang does is make me work! You let me play with Ripplepaw once in a while!" The tortoiseshell's whiskers twitched with indignation as she huffed, "The nerve of him! Just because he's older than me, he thinks it's okay to boss around my apprentice!" Emberwhisker promised, resting her tailtip on the brown-and-white tom's head, "I'll have a mouthful to say to him when I'm back!" Stormfang's loud meow was enough to make Ivypaw jump to his paws fearfully, "Ivypaw!" Glancing back to his actual mentor, Ivypaw mumbled, "I'll come back soon!" and raced out to meet the gray tom.

Leafstar meowed, "Stormfang, I want you to take Ivypaw and Dustflower to the pine forest beyond our territory. There must be more prey out there, and if we can, we could further our territory." Stormfang narrowed his eyes in thought as he asked, "You mean the vast treeline beyond our grove?" Ivypaw added, "Us?" Leafstar nodded, "Stormfang is a calm, levelheaded warrior who was named for his fighting skills. If you are challenged he will hold his own." Turning to Dustflower, he added, "But sometimes, the softness of a mother cat is needed more than tooth and claw if there is a group of cats. Dustflower, I trust you to act as an emissary for our Clan." The chocolate tabby she-cat stared at the sandy brown tom in shock, lost for words. After some time she meowed softly, "I will do my best." Nodding, Leafstar meowed, turning to Ivypaw, "and perhaps with a young cat as yourself they will hesitate to attack without reason. And besides," the SeaClan leader added gently, as Ivypaw blinked at him, bewildered, "you are the fastest in our Clan. When there is trouble you can come running to tell us." Stormfang nodded, "I will go then, Leafstar. We will report back what we have found." Honeytuft appeared from the tunnel to the nursery, meowing, "Leafstar, Wh-" He heard the last words of Stormfang and he came over and mewed firmly, "Go with StarClan's blessing." The three cats dipped their heads at his words, then they were gone, hurrying into the path to the clifftop.

Honeytuft turned to Leafstar and meowed, "Whiterose is settling down well. Her kits are safe and sound in her belly. She still has a moon," the medicine cat added, as Leafstar's eyes shone in delight at the mention of his kits, "but be careful near her." The SeaClan leader gave a nod and ducked into the tunnel path to the nursery.

Whiterose asked from the dim recesses of the cavernous chamber, "Leafstar? Is that you?" The sandy brown tabby tom made his way to his mate's side in an instant. He purred as his tail gently swept over the pregnant she-cat's swollen belly. He meowed, "Who thought I'd be a father, Whiterose?" The white she-cat purred, replying, "These kits will be the future of our Clan, Leafstar. You and our legacy," she murmured, burying her nose into her mate's side.

[The Clan consumes Sparrow x1]
[Daisypaw joins (Brightstream - Daisypaw)]
[Dustflower joins; she is now warrior of SeaClan.]
[Kitting: Whiterose will kit in 1 moon.]
[Leafstar sends Stormfang, Dustflower, and Ivypaw to the pine forest beyond their northeast border and "accidentally" discovered PineClan (deimos's clan)]
[Honeytuft looks for herbs.]
[Brightstream and Daisypaw patrol the Pine Grove (northern border).]
[Emberwhisker caught a cold due to her misadventure at the river, and rests in camp.]
[Honeytuft uses tansy x1 on Emberwhisker.]
[Training: Leafstar teaches Ripplepaw basic combat.]
[Training: Stormfang teaches Ivypaw tracking.]
[Training: Brightstream teaches Daisypaw stalking.]

Leader:
          Leafstar | 36 moons | Tom | X

Deputy:
          Brightstream | 36 moons | she-cat | X

Medicine Cat:
          Honeytuft | 39 moons | Tom | X

Warriors:
          Emberwhisker | 21 moons | she-cat | X
          Stormfang | 37 moons | tom | X
          Dustflower | 35 moons | She-cat | X

Apprentices:
          Ripplepaw | 8 moons | she-cat | X
          Ivypaw | 8 moons | tom | X
          Daisypaw | 8 moons | She-cat | X

Queens:
          Whiterose | 48 moons | she-cat | X

Kits:

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders
    South | Sea (none)
    Southeast | Sea (none)
    Southwest | Sea (none)

Medicine Store
    Alder Bark: For tooth pain (eases toothache). x1
    Beech Leaves: For carrying other herbs. x0
    Bindweed: Fastens sticks to broken legs to keep them in place (unknown effect). x0
    Blackberry Leaves: These leaves are chewed into a pulp (eases the swelling of bee stings). x0
    Borage Leaves: It is chewed and eaten by nursing queens (produces more and better milk, also brings down fevers). x1
    Broom: It is used to make poultices for broken legs and wounds (effect unknown). x0
    Burdock Root: The root is dug up, the soil is washed off, and then it is chewed into a pulp (lessens and heals the pain of infected rat bites; used to prevent infection of rat bites). x1
    Burnet: A traveling herb (Said to help stop minor bleeding on Twolegs; keeps a cat's strength up). x0
    Catchweed: The burrs are put on the pelt where poultices are (stops poultices from being rubbed off without hurting the skin). x0
    Catmint/Catnip: Eaten (best remedy for the deadly greencough, which kits and elders usually catch in the season of leaf-bare; can also be used for whitecough).x2
    Celandine: Juice is trickled into the eye (soothes damaged eyes). x1
    Chamomile: Eaten (strengthens the heart and soothes the mind; also given to traveling cats for strength). x1
    Chervil: Chewed to extract the juice of the leaves or the root (for infected wounds and bellyache, respectively; can also be used during kitting). x1
    Chickweed: Eaten (treats greencough, though catmint is often preferred). x0
    Cob Nuts: Made into ointments (effect unknown). x0
    Cobwebs: Press over wound (to soak up and stop/slow the bleeding; may also be used to bind broken bones). x2
    Coltsfoot: Leaves chewed into a pulp (eases breathing or kitten-cough; eases cracked or sore pads). x1
    Comfrey Root: Roots are chewed into a poultice; can also be lined in one's nest (repairs broken bones or soothes wounds; also used for wrenched claws; can be used for itching or inflammation on stiff joints; also eases stiffness on wrenched shoulders when lined in a nest; can be used for burns). x2
    Daisy Leaf: Chewed into a paste (eases the pain of aching joints; also a traveling herb). x1
    Dandelion: The white liquid is thought to be applied to bee stings; leaves can be chewed (thought to soothe and heal bee stings; its leaves can also be chewed to act like a painkiller). x0
    Dock: Chewed up and applied to scratches, similar to sorrel; also can be put in one's nest during sleep (soothes scratches, though can sting when applied; soothes sore pads; if placed in nests, it can ease the pain of wounds). x0
    Elder Leaves: Turned into a poultice (Soothes sprains). x0
    Fennel: Stalks are broken and juice is squeezed into the receiver's mouth (helps pain in the hips). x0
    Feverfew: Eaten (reduces body temperature for cats with fevers or chills; also heals aches and pains; especially good for headaches). x1
    Goatweed: Given daily (eases anxiety and grief). x0
    Hawkweed: Unknown usage (like catmint, but not as strong).x0
    Heather Nectar: Included in herbal mixtures (makes swallowing easier and sweetens mixtures). x1
    Honey: Eaten, or given by moss soaked in it (soothes infections; a great remedy for smoke-damaged or sore throats; helps cats swallow other concoctions; helps soothe coughing; gives energy). x1
    Horsetail: Chewed to a poultice, and applied to wounds (treats infections; stops bleeding). x1
    Ivy Leaf: To store other herbs. x0
    Juniper Berries: Chewed and eaten (soothes bellyaches; gives strength; helps troubled breathing; also used to help calm cats). x1
    Lamb's Ear: Unknown usage (gives a cat strength). x0
    Lavender: Placed under a cat's nose and is to be inhaled constantly, or rubbed/placed on an animal's body to hide the scent of death (cures fevers and chills; also used to hide the scent of death). x1
    Lungwort: Eaten (cures yellowcough).x0
    Mallow Leaves: Eaten (soothes bellyaches). x0
    Marigold: Petals or leaves chewed in a poultice; juice can be used as well (stops infections; stops bleeding; used for inflammation in the joints). x0
    Mint: Rubbed on a dead body (used to hide the scent of death). x0
    Mouse Bile: the liquid is stored in moss and dabbed onto ticks embedded in pelt (the ticks fall off).x0
    Dried Oak Leaf: the dried leaves are to be stored in a dry location until the time of usage, when they are chewed into a thick poultice and spread on a wound (stops infection from setting in). x0
    Parsley: Eaten (stops a queen from producing milk if her kits die, don't need milk anymore, or are producing too much milk; also used to cure bellyache). x0
    Poppy Seeds: Chewed on (helps a cat sleep; soothes shock or distress; eases pain; not recommended for nursing queens).x1
    Ragwort Leaves: Crushed and chewed; mixed with juniper leaves, it can help aching joints (treats aching joints; keeps a cat's strength up). x1
    Ragweed: Thought to give cats extra strength (like lamb's ear, ragweed gives a cat extra strength and energy).
    Raspberry Leaves: Could be a painkiller, or helps stop bleeding during kitting (could possibly ease pain, or stop bleeding) x1
    Rosemary: Put on the pelt of a dead cat and prepare it for burial (hides the scent of death). x0
    Rush: Used to bind broken bones (helps hold a broken limb into place, like casts for Twolegs). x0
    Sorrel: Eaten (traveling herb; can also build up appetite). x0
    Sticks: Cats in pain bite it when other medicine is either unavailable or not recommended; also used to help broken legs heal (distracts cat from pain; recommended for queens giving birth). x1
    Stinging Nettle: The seeds are eaten by a cat who's swallowed poison, or the leaves are chewed into a poultice for a wound; the stems can also be chewed (induces vomiting, or brings down swelling, respectively; can be mixed with comfrey to help heal broken bones; helps with wounds; chewing the stems helps fight against infection). x0
    Sweet-Sedge: One must swallow the sap (eases infection). x0
    Tansy: To be consumed, but only in small doses (cures coughs; can be also used to cure wounds and poisons; stops cats from getting greencough; soothes throats). x1
    Tormentil: Chewed and put on the wound (its root is good for treating all wounds and extracting poisons). x0
    Thyme: Leaves can be chewed on (calms nervousness, anxiety, and cats who are in shock). x1
    Traveling Herbs: Eaten (used to give a cat more energy and strength, and keeps the cat from getting hungry for a long time). x0
    Watermint: It is usually chewed into a pulp, and then eaten (eases the suffering that originates from a bellyache).x0
    Wild Garlic: One must roll in it (prevents infection, especially rat bites). x0
    Wild Bark: Usage unknown (eases pain). x0
    Willow Leaves: Eaten (stops vomiting). x0
    Wintergreen: Usage unknown (treats wounds and some poisons). x0
    Yarrow: Its leaves are chewed into a poultice that can be given to cats or applied to a wound, depending on the situation (extracts poisons from wounds; will make a cat vomit up toxins; the ointment will soften and help heal cracked pads).x1
    Deathberries: Sometimes used to kill other cats by making them eat the berry (kills a cat within minutes when consumed). Also known as yew berries or night seeds. x0
    Foxglove Seeds: They are used to treat the heart (can easily cause paralysis and heart failure). x0
    Holly Berries: Usage unknown (effect unknown). x0
    Deadly Nightshade: To quickly kill a cat who cannot be saved (poisonous). x0
    Water Hemlock: Usage unknown (causes writhing, pain, and foaming of the mouth). x0

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Fish | x4 | 8 servings
    Squirrel | x3 | 6 servings
    Mouse | x2 | 2 servings
    Hare | x1 | 3 servings
    Shrew | x0 | 0 servings

Mentors:
    Leafstar | Ripplepaw | 1 | Hunting
    Emberwhisker | Ivypaw | 1 | Hunting
    Brightstream | Daisypaw | 0 | Moves

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Leafstar and Whiterose | Unborn kits
    ??? and Dustflower | Daisypaw, Lily (deceased), Ivypaw
    Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale

Links of Interest
Character Storage

Other Sites

FRsona by KKorven
(of Flight Rising)

╚═════════════╝

winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:46 am

SeaClan
Number of Cats: 14 (6 M | 8 F)

Serving Size: 4

(Received Nightwing (Rookbelly) from AdderClan. Received Shorefall (Maplewhisker) and Oakshadow (unnamed) from readopts. Received Mintnose from Advent Calendar (25th). Received Tansy x1, Chervil x1, Stick x1, and Feverfew x1 from the Advent Calendar.)

(One moon ago)
Leafstar's eyes narrowed as he spotted three cats in the distance. The sandy brown tabby tom signaled for Ripplepaw, Brightstream, and Daisypaw to stop with his tail. A black she-cat was telling a golden brown tabby tom, "Maplewhisker, please, we've got to be close to them now!" A dark brown tabby tom stiffened as he scented the air, "Careful! I think-" At that time, Leafstar gave the order to strike. The SeaClan leader pounced on the larger of the three, the golden brown tabby, knocking him over. Ripplepaw was wrestling with the black she-cat, while Daisypaw was trying to help her friend, her fur bristling with both fear and hostility. Brightstream managed to pin the dark brown tabby tom, who bared his fangs in defiance. The golden brown tabby tom shouted, "Peace! We mean no harm!" Leafstar signaled with his tail, and his Clanmates stepped away from the winded intruders.

Leafstar demanded, "Who are you, and what are you doing on SeaClan territory?" The three cats exchanged glances of surprise before the black she-cat meowed, "Forgive us for trespassing. We didn't know this was Clan territory." The dark brown tabby tom spoke, "We only met together to help each other as we moved away to find a new home away from our old clans." The golden brown tabby tom nodded, adding, "My name is Maplewhisker, of SedgeClan. My Clan was disbanded when I was the lone survivor of a badger attack. I was its deputy," he sighed, a faraway look in his eyes. The golden brown tom mewed, "I'm Oakshadow, of LightClan, and I escaped from my clan before I would have caught the same mysterious illness everyone else had." He looked down on his paws, "I was a coward, I guess..." The black she-cat took a deep breath before meowing, "And I'm Rookbelly, of AdderClan. I left my clan because I did not agree with Houndstar's way of life." Her pale green gaze clouded as she added softly, "I left my only kit Swiftkit there... But he'll fare better there as he is so young..." Leafstar glanced at his deputy before meowing, "My name is Leafstar, leader of SeaClan, and this-" he indicated Brightstream with his tail, "is Brightstream, my deputy." Turning to Ripplepaw and Daisypaw, he added, "And these are Ripplepaw and Daisypaw, our apprentices." The sandy brown tabby tom meowed, asking, "Would you three want to join our Clan?" Brightstream nodded, adding, "Yes! We are still somewhat of a small Clan as of now, and it would be wonderful to have three cats with Clan experience to join us." The three cats turned to each other and, after a short discussion, the one called Maplewhisker meowed, "Yes, Leafstar, we will join." Rookbelly asked, "But may I request to have my name changed, to signify a new life?" Maplewhisker nodded, "So do I." Oakshadow said nothing, but nodded. Leafstar ordered, "Ripplepaw, Daisypaw, take the fresh-kill we caught back to camp first, and inform Honeytuft three new Clanmates are coming back with us." The two apprentices dipped their heads in acknowledgement and quickly made their way toward camp. The SeaClan leader meowed, turning to the three new members of his Clan, "Welcome to SeaClan, the Clan by the Great Waters, as many cats would call it."

(Now)
Honeytuft told Leafstar urgently, calling him into his chamber, "Leafstar, Emberwhisker has developed a fever." Glancing at the tortoiseshell she-cat laying on the moss bed nearby, the sandy brown tabby leader of SeaClan asked, worry cropping onto his voice, "Will she be okay?" Honeytuft replied, as the two toms listened to Emberwhisker's feverish moaning, "I've given her feverfew. She is strong, I know she will make it." Leafstar sighed with relief, meowing, "I know she is." He then asked, worry back in his mew, "And Whiterose?" The honey-colored tabby medicine cat meowed firmly, "Her kits will come when they decide it is time, Leafstar. Be patient." The sandy brown tabby tom sighed and mewed, "All right, I will be on patrol with Ripplepaw and Oakshadow." At the mention of the new SeaClan warrior, Honeytuft nodded in satisfaction, "Good. Oakshadow is a good tracker, if I heard it right from Brightstream. He'll learn the borders quickly." Glancing at Emberwhisker, the SeaClan medicine cat asked worriedly, "Who can I ask to help watch her and Whiterose while I'm out to gather herbs?" Leafstar's whiskers twitched as he asked, "In this weather?" The honey-colored tabby retorted, "I need to find more herbs to prepare against disease." The SeaClan leader sighed, "Dustflower and Shorefall should be free." Honeytuft thanked him and left, prompting Leafstar to sigh and head out, taking one last glance at the tortoiseshell she-cat lying on the floor.

Leafstar saw Ripplepaw and Oakshadow waiting for them; the fluffy gray apprentice mewed excitedly, "Where are we heading today?" Chuckling, her mentor replied, "The eastern border, by the large boulder. Oakshadow will need to learn our borders, right?" "Right," the dark brown tabby tom nodded, clearly looking forward to his outing. Leafstar mewed, as Stormfang's border patrol was preparing to leave the camp, "Stormfang!" The solid gray tom turned and signaled for his patrol, consisting of Ivypaw and Mintnose, to stop. "Yes?" the gray warrior asked; Leafstar meowed, "Be sure to show Mintnose the Sky Pine and everywhere on our side of the border." Stormfang nodded, "Will do, Leafstar." Turning to the gray Maine coon she-cat, who had joined just a few sunrises ago, he mewed, "Let's get going." He flicked his tail at Ivypaw, who glanced at his leader before following the two warriors out toward the clifftop. Nodding toward his own patrol, Leafstar led the two cats toward the Walkway.

(Sometime later)
Honeytuft returned early to check up on his two patients. Just as the honey-colored tabby tom was about to head into his chamber to check up on Emberwhisker, he heard the unmistakable shriek of Whiterose from the nursery. Dustflower came running out of the medicine cat's chamber and meowed, "Honeytuft! Thank StarClan! Did you-?" Honeytuft meowed urgently, "Do me a favor, Dustflower. Go back to my chamber and get the stick you see and the chervil." After a moment, Honeytuft explained, seeing confusion on the chocolate tabby she-cat's face, "Chervil leaves are large, like fern leaves, and have a sweet scent." With a brisk nod, Dustflower disappeared down into the medicine cat's chamber. Honeytuft rushed into the nursery, meowing loudly, "Coming Whiterose!" Shorefall, who had been standing guard outside the nursery, stood aside to allow the medicine cat in, eyes wide with worry.

(That night)
Brightstream glanced at the cats gathered near the nursery. Her Clanmates seemed not to notice what she was doing as she padded quietly toward the Walkway. The white-and-ginger quickly padded out, and began to make her way down to the beach, guided by her knowledge of the narrow path and by the glow of the moon's pale light above. The SeaClan deputy mewed softly to herself, "Brightstream, this is for the good of the Clan. More kits means more cats for SeaClan." She kept repeating this to herself over and pver again until she was at the bottom. As she made her way toward the eastern border, where she told Vinescratch to come to, Brightstream did not notice that two sets of eyes were watching her.

Daisypaw was watching her from the top of the Walkway, just out of sight from below. The white-and-tabby she-cat whispered softly as she saw her mentor's form disappear from view, "May StarClan guide your paws..." With a sigh, Daisypaw stepped inside, deciding not to tell Leafstar or anyone else about it as she paded toward the group waiting news from inside the nursery.

Stormfang, meanwhile, had been outside for some time. The solid gray tom had suspected Brightstream had fallen for Vinescratch, the gray-and-white tabby tom from SkyClan, ever since the gathering. The SeaClan warrior had been returning from a late evening stroll earlier when he had noticed the SeaClan deputy coming down. Stormfang had quickly hidden behind some rocks; the gray warrior growled, once he was sure Brightstream had disappeared from listening distance, "You will not get away with this, Brightstream! Just you wait! First, you take my chance of becoming a mentor away from me, and then now break the warrior code by going to meet another Clan's warrior?" The solid gray tom's claws slid out as he promised grimly, "If and when you have kits, and when they are apprenticed, I promise to deal you swift punishment for being disloyal to both SeaClan and to StarClan by daring to try to become mates with another Clan's warrior!" Calming himself down, Stormfang sheathed his claws again before he forced his paws to carry him back to camp.

Once back in camp, the solid gray tom apologized to Shorefall, who had noticed his entrance, "Sorry, I was out for a stroll. What's all the fuss?" Shorefall replied, his gaze traveling to the nursery, "Whiterose is kitting." The gray warrior exclaimed, his attention suddenly going to the nursery, "Really?" The former SedgeClan deputy nodded in the positive and pointed out Leafstar's restlessly-pacing figure right outside. Nodding, Stormfang watched as time seemed to come to a standstill as another earsplitting yowl came from the nursery. Shorefall murmured, "I recommend taking Leafstar outside to put his mind off things." Nodding, Stormfang came up to his leader and mewed gently, "We should take a walk in the Pine Grove to try to calm you down." The sandy brown tabby tom meowed worriedly, "But Whiterose-" Mintnose, closest to the two toms, meowed softly, "He's right, Leafstar. Go." Glancing back at the nursery with a worried look, Leafstar allowed Stormfang to lead him toward the path that led to the Pine Grove.

[ The Clan consumes Fish x2 ]
[ Honeytuft uses Feverfew x1 on Emberwhisker. ]
[ Brightstream and Vinescratch (SkyClan) try for kits. ]
[ Dustflower and Shorefall stay in camp to watch Whiterose for any sign of kitting, as well as watching Emberwhisker., while Honeytuft is out ]
[ Whiterose is kitting. Father ]
[ Honeytuft uses Chervil x1 and Stick x1 to aid in the kitting. ]
[ Nightwing, Brightstream, and Daisypaw hunt in the Pine Grove. ]
[ Leafstar, Ripplepaw, and Oakshadow patrol the eastern border. ]
[ Stormfang, Mintnose, and Ivypaw patrol the Pine Grove. ]
[ Honeytuft looks for herbs (have him not find anything since he came in early please). ]
[ Leafstar teaches Ripplepaw tracking. ]
[ Brightstream teaches Daisypaw combat. ]
[ Stormfang teaches Ivypaw combat. ]
[ Rookbelly of AdderClan joins SeaClan. She requests a name change and becomes Nightwing. ]
[ Maplewhisker of SedgeClan, a disbanded clan, joins SeaClan. He requests a name change and becomes Shorefall. ]
[ Oakshadow of LightClan, a disbanded clan, joins SeaClan. ]
[ Mint, a former rogue, joins SeaClan. She becomes Mintnose. ]
[ Nightwing, Shorefall, Oakshadow, and Mintnose become warriors. ]

Leader:
          Leafstar | 37 moons | Tom | X

Deputy:
          Brightstream | 37 moons | she-cat | X

Medicine Cat:
          Honeytuft | 40 moons | Tom | X

Warriors:
          Emberwhisker | 22 moons | she-cat | X
          Stormfang | 38 moons | tom | X
          Dustflower | 36 moons | She-cat | X
          Nightwing | 23 moons | she-cat | X
          Shorefall | 40 moons | tom | X
          Oakshadow | 25 moons | tom | X
          Mintnose | 40 moons | she-cat | X

Apprentices:
          Ripplepaw | 9 moons | she-cat | X
          Ivypaw | 9 moons | tom | X
          Daisypaw | 9 moons | She-cat | X

Queens:
          Whiterose | 49 moons | she-cat | X

Kits:

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders
    South | Sea (none)
    Southeast | Sea (none)
    Southwest | Sea (none)

Medicine Store
    Bindweed: Fastens sticks to broken legs to keep them in place (unknown effect). x0
    Blackberry Leaves: These leaves are chewed into a pulp (eases the swelling of bee stings). x1
    Borage Leaves: It is chewed and eaten by nursing queens (produces more and better milk, also brings down fevers). x1
    Broom: It is used to make poultices for broken legs and wounds (effect unknown). x0
    Burdock Root: The root is dug up, the soil is washed off, and then it is chewed into a pulp (lessens and heals the pain of infected rat bites; used to prevent infection of rat bites). x1
    Burnet: A traveling herb (Said to help stop minor bleeding on Twolegs; keeps a cat's strength up). x0
    Catchweed: The burrs are put on the pelt where poultices are (stops poultices from being rubbed off without hurting the skin). x0
    Catmint/Catnip: Eaten (best remedy for the deadly greencough, which kits and elders usually catch in the season of leaf-bare; can also be used for whitecough).x2
    Chamomile: Eaten (strengthens the heart and soothes the mind; also given to traveling cats for strength). x1
    Chervil: Chewed to extract the juice of the leaves or the root (for infected wounds and bellyache, respectively; can also be used during kitting). x1
    Cobwebs: Press over wound (to soak up and stop/slow the bleeding; may also be used to bind broken bones). x2
    Coltsfoot: Leaves chewed into a pulp (eases breathing or kitten-cough; eases cracked or sore pads). x1
    Comfrey Root: Roots are chewed into a poultice; can also be lined in one's nest (repairs broken bones or soothes wounds; also used for wrenched claws; can be used for itching or inflammation on stiff joints; also eases stiffness on wrenched shoulders when lined in a nest; can be used for burns). x2
    Daisy Leaf: Chewed into a paste (eases the pain of aching joints; also a traveling herb). x1
    Dandelion: The white liquid is thought to be applied to bee stings; leaves can be chewed (thought to soothe and heal bee stings; its leaves can also be chewed to act like a painkiller). x0
    Dock: Chewed up and applied to scratches, similar to sorrel; also can be put in one's nest during sleep (soothes scratches, though can sting when applied; soothes sore pads; if placed in nests, it can ease the pain of wounds). x0
    Fennel: Stalks are broken and juice is squeezed into the receiver's mouth (helps pain in the hips). x0
    Feverfew: Eaten (reduces body temperature for cats with fevers or chills; also heals aches and pains; especially good for headaches). x1
    Heather Nectar: Included in herbal mixtures (makes swallowing easier and sweetens mixtures). x1
    Honey: Eaten, or given by moss soaked in it (soothes infections; a great remedy for smoke-damaged or sore throats; helps cats swallow other concoctions; helps soothe coughing; gives energy). x2
    Horsetail: Chewed to a poultice, and applied to wounds (treats infections; stops bleeding). x1
    Juniper Berries: Chewed and eaten (soothes bellyaches; gives strength; helps troubled breathing; also used to help calm cats). x1
    Lavender: Placed under a cat's nose and is to be inhaled constantly, or rubbed/placed on an animal's body to hide the scent of death (cures fevers and chills; also used to hide the scent of death). x1
    Marigold: Petals or leaves chewed in a poultice; juice can be used as well (stops infections; stops bleeding; used for inflammation in the joints). x0
    Mouse Bile: the liquid is stored in moss and dabbed onto ticks embedded in pelt (the ticks fall off).x0
    Dried Oak Leaf: the dried leaves are to be stored in a dry location until the time of usage, when they are chewed into a thick poultice and spread on a wound (stops infection from setting in). x0
    Parsley: Eaten (stops a queen from producing milk if her kits die, don't need milk anymore, or are producing too much milk; also used to cure bellyache). x0
    Poppy Seeds: Chewed on (helps a cat sleep; soothes shock or distress; eases pain; not recommended for nursing queens).x1
    Ragwort Leaves: Crushed and chewed; mixed with juniper leaves, it can help aching joints (treats aching joints; keeps a cat's strength up). x1
    Ragweed: Thought to give cats extra strength (like lamb's ear, ragweed gives a cat extra strength and energy).
    Raspberry Leaves: Could be a painkiller, or helps stop bleeding during kitting (could possibly ease pain, or stop bleeding) x1
    Rosemary: Put on the pelt of a dead cat and prepare it for burial (hides the scent of death). x0
    Rush: Used to bind broken bones (helps hold a broken limb into place, like casts for Twolegs). x0
    Sticks: Cats in pain bite it when other medicine is either unavailable or not recommended; also used to help broken legs heal (distracts cat from pain; recommended for queens giving birth). x1
    Stinging Nettle: The seeds are eaten by a cat who's swallowed poison, or the leaves are chewed into a poultice for a wound; the stems can also be chewed (induces vomiting, or brings down swelling, respectively; can be mixed with comfrey to help heal broken bones; helps with wounds; chewing the stems helps fight against infection). x0
    Tansy: To be consumed, but only in small doses (cures coughs; can be also used to cure wounds and poisons; stops cats from getting greencough; soothes throats). x2
    Tormentil: Chewed and put on the wound (its root is good for treating all wounds and extracting poisons). x0
    Thyme: Leaves can be chewed on (calms nervousness, anxiety, and cats who are in shock). x1
    Traveling Herbs: Eaten (used to give a cat more energy and strength, and keeps the cat from getting hungry for a long time). x0
    Watermint: It is usually chewed into a pulp, and then eaten (eases the suffering that originates from a bellyache).x0
    Yarrow: Its leaves are chewed into a poultice that can be given to cats or applied to a wound, depending on the situation (extracts poisons from wounds; will make a cat vomit up toxins; the ointment will soften and help heal cracked pads).x1
    Deathberries: Sometimes used to kill other cats by making them eat the berry (kills a cat within minutes when consumed). Also known as yew berries or night seeds. x0
    Foxglove Seeds: They are used to treat the heart (can easily cause paralysis and heart failure). x0
    Water Hemlock: Usage unknown (causes writhing, pain, and foaming of the mouth). x0

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Fish | x2 | 4 servings
    Squirrel | x3 | 6 servings
    Mouse | x2 | 2 servings
    Hare | x1 | 3 servings
    Shrew | x0 | 0 servings

Mentors:
    Leafstar | Ripplepaw | 2 | Hunting, Combat
    Emberwhisker (Stormfang is substituting) | Ivypaw | 2 | Hunting, Tracking
    Brightstream | Daisypaw | 1 | Stalking

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Leafstar and Whiterose | Unborn kits
    Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale

Links of Interest
Character Storage

Other Sites

FRsona by KKorven
(of Flight Rising)

╚═════════════╝

winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:41 pm

SeaClan
Number of Cats: 19 (9 M | 10 F)
Next Moonpool Visit: January 14, 2018

Serving Size: 5

(Received Vinescratch from SkyClan. Received Tundra from Christmas raffle.)

(One moon ago)
It was almost dawn before Honeytuft came wearily out of the nursery. Leafstar, at the nursery entrance, jolted awake at the sound of paws on the cold stone floor of the cave. The brown tabby tom asked, "Whiterose?" Honeytuft nodded, "She is safe. And so is your kit." Leafstar echoed, "Kit?" The honey-colored medicine cat of SeaClan replied, "A strong, healthy tom." Leafstar thanked StarClan silently and made his way back to his own den, knowing Whiterose would need to rest.

<Early next morning>
The sun was slowly climbing from its sleeping place as Stormfang stirred. The solid gray tom thought he had heard voices outside, but he could not tell. The SeaClan warrior blinked sleep from his eyes as the meows outside started again. Stretching his limbs out, Stormfang stood. He recognized one voice belonging to Brightstream, SeaClan's deputy. The solid gray tom's green eyes narrowed as he quietly made his way out of the warriors' chamber. As he drew closer to the main camp, Stormfang could hear three distinctive voices.

Leafstar meowed, incredulity in his voice, "You what, Brightstream?" The white-and-ginger she-cat's meow was a bit apologetic as she said, "Forgive me, Leafstar, but I met him at our first Gathering, and we both fell in love with each other that night. I'm carrying his kits," she added, at which the third cat, whom Stormfang recognized as the voice of Vinescratch, a warrior of SkyClan, spoke up, "It wasn't intentional at first, I swear to StarClan. But we fell in love, and we became mates." Stormfang decided to come into the conversation, forcing his claws in, which had unsheathed over the course of the dialogue. Stormfang meowed loudly, causing the three cats to jump back in shock, "Morning, Leafstar, Brightstream!" The solid gray tom looked over at Vinescratch as he nodded curtly, "Morning." Turning to his leader, Stormfang asked, dipping his head, "Who is this?" Leafstar blinked and replied, "Vinescratch, a former warrior of SkyClan, who says is mates with Brightstream." Stormfang forced his face to look incredulous as he turned to look at the SeaClan deputy. He asked, "Mates, Brightstream? With a cat of another Clan?" The white-and-ginger queen flinched under his questioning glance as she replied, "Now that Vinescratch's Clan was disbanded and he came to live with us, I think it should be fine." Stormfang turned to his leader, not believing his ears, "What?" Leafstar stated calmly, "He was a warrior of SkyClan. They disbanded, so Vinescratch came to us. For Brightstream and his kits' sake," he added, "all right?" Stormfang's whiskers twitched, disgruntled, but he replied, dipping his head politely, "Of course, Leafstar."

<At the medicine cat's den>
Honeytuft meowed, "You can return to your duty, Emberwhisker. All free of coughs and fevers." The tortoiseshell she-cat meowed, happiness evident in her bright eyes, "Oh yes! Thank you Honeytuft!" She licked the tom's ear affectionately before bounding away, calling after her apprentice, "Ivypaw!" Chuckling at the antics of the younger cat, the honey-colored tom began to go through his herb stock. "Hmmmm," he murmured, seeing no more of the kitting herbs nor of borage leaves, "With a queen nursing and another expecting, I should go look for some more..."

<Somewhere at the river>
Nightwing was practicing her fishing skills with Oakshadow and Mintnose. The black she-cat concentrated, staring intently into the clear currents of the river below. She saw her chance and slapped the water with a paw and deftly forking a flailing fish with her other paw, before steadying the dying prey with both her forepaws. Nodding at the other warriors, Nightwing mewed, "I think that's how Leafstar fished, at least." Mintnose's nose wrinkled disdainfully at the scent of fish as she meowed, "I have yet to get used to that taste, honestly. I prefer mouse and shrew, thank you very much." Oakshadow shrugged, slapping the water with his paws, "I don't know, fish tastes great to me." The dark brown tabby tom growled as all he got were wet paws as he failed to get a fish; nearby, another voice startled the three as a long-haired brown tom walked out of the bushes, "I can't believe you can get any fish out like that." Dipping his head to Nightwing, the tom continued, "That, however, was a good execution. Bravo!" As the three SeaClan warriors looked at each other in bewilderment, the stranger sat at the river's edge, staring intently into its depths. Suddenly, he gave a mighty yowl and jabbed his paws into the water, like a scoop. With a triumphant cry, the tom threw a fish into the air and grabbed it firmly between his jaws, and then dropped it onto the floor. Having recovered first, Oakshadow asked, "Who are you, and what are you doing in SeaClan's territory?" The rogue blinked, "SeaClan?" He seemed to be lost in thought for some time before he meowed, "I've heard of you, from other rogues, as I traveled from far north, where cold and snow reign supreme." Mintnose asked, "Far north?" The tom nodded, "Aye. I left my family to travel far south, after starry cats appeared in my dream, telling me to search for the clan by the sea." Looking at each other, the three warriors held a hurried conversation; after a bit, Nightwing spoke, "I think you'd better follow us."

<At camp>
Leafstar meowed to the silver-furred queen, "You may stay here, if you wish. We are SeaClan." The she-cat dipped her head and drew her only kit, a gray-and-white she-cat, close to her with her tail, meowing softly, "Thank you. I lost my mate and two of my kits to a badger a moon ago. I don't want to lose her either." Leafstar dipped his head and ordered Ripplepaw, who was nearby, "Go fetch Honeytuft for us." The flufy gray apprentice nodded and disappeared into the medicine cat's chamber. A short time later, she reemerged, followed by Honeytuft. The honey-colored tom took one look at the queen and kit and meowed, "Follow me please." The queen coaxed her kit forward as the two followed Honeytuft to the nursery. Leafstar turned to Ripplepaw and meowed, "So, about that training session-" only to be interrupted by Oakshadow's loud cry, "Leafstar!" The sandy brown tabby tom's ears perked up as the hunting patrol from the river returned, only to flatten at the sight of a long-haired brown tom with them. Leafstar demanded, "Who is this?" Mintnose explained hastily, "We found him on our side of the river, watching us fish." Nightwing added, "He mentioned he had a dream from 'starry cats'." The leader of SeaClan blinked and turned to the newcomer, who calmly meowed, "I'm called Tundra. I come from the far north known to my kind as Siberia. I have come in search of the clan by the sea spoken to me by starry cats in my sleep." Dipping his head, Tundra mewed, "You must be leader of this Clan then, for you carry the -star name." Leafstar mewed, "Yes, I am." Tundra meowed, "I wish to join your Clan." Leafstar replied, "You are welcome to join us, Tundra."

<That night>
Brightstream made her way to Leafstar's chamber and called, Leafstar!" The sandy brown tabby tom came out, mewing, "Brightstream?" His deputy meowed, "Whiterose wants to see you. She wants you to name your kit," she explained. Nodding mutely, the SeaClan leader followed the expectant queen to the nursery.

Whiterose asked, "Leafstar?" Her mate was at her side instantly as soon as she did; the tabby tom purred, gazing at the brown-and-white furball that was his son with wonder, "He is such a handsome kit!" Whiterose purred, "He looks just like you, except for his belly." Nearby, Silverstorm, the new queen, murmured, "Such a beautiful kit! Congratulations, Leafstar!" Leafstar mewed his thanks, then turned to his son. Laying his tail gently on his son's head, he murmured, "You will be Carrotkit."

(Now)
Leafstar called, "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey meet here, around the Meeting Ledge, for a Clan meeting!"All activity ceased in the SeaClan camp as the cats gathered at the Meeting Ledge to listen to their leader's announcements. The SeaClan leader took a deep breath before meowing, "Last moon, Stormfang's patrol came across the scent of badger." Silverstorm and Brightstream exchanged worried glances as the latter spoke up, "Badger?" Leafstar nodded, "It was near the border. I've since been checking up on the scent everyday, and lately, it has been picked up closer than ever before." Silverstorm hurriedly disappeared into the nursery, her fur fluffing up in fear, causing the cats in the clearing to mutter amongst themselves. Stormfang, in one corner of the camp, shouted, "Quiet!" The cats quieted down at once, and Leafstar felt confidence and determination coming from the solid gray warrior. Nodding slowly, the sandy brown tabby tom meowed, "And so, today, I want to organize a battle patrol, no apprentices," he added, strictly gazing at the three apprentices, who looked crestfallen at the idea, "a patrol made of seasoned warriors ready to take out the badger." Nodding toward Stormfang, he mewed, "Stormfang, I want you to head the patrol." Turning to the rest of the cats, Leafstar ordered, "Vinescratch, Oakshadow, Mintnose, Nightwing, you will follow him." The named warriors nodded in grim understanding as Leafstar thought he saw a hint of disapproval from Stormfang; it was gone fast, however, and so the sandy brown tabby tom paid little mind to it.

Leafstar meowed, "As Brightstream has now moved into the nursery, we need a cat to mentor Daisypaw in the meantime." Looking through the cats, he spotted the one cat he had been looking for. "Shorefall," he declared, "will mentor Daisypaw." Surprised, the golden brown tom came to the center of the clearing to touch noses with the young tabby-and-white she-cat. Leafstar meowed, once the SeaClan cats had settled down again, "Hunting patrols will be organized by myself in the meantime. That is all." He leapt down, and disappeared into the cave path down to the nursery, undoubtedly going to see his mate and kit.

Stormfang met with the cats named on the badger patrol at the entrance to camp. Looking them over, he declared, "I believe we can take the badger down by ourselves if we have to." Shuddering, Mintnose murmured, "Hope we don't have to. Those things are huge!" Nightwing agreed, "I hope we can just chase it away from our territory." Vinescratch eyed Stormfang warily as he meowed, "But Stormfang is right. If the badger is aggressive we may have to attack it into retreating." Stormfang gave an impressed look at the gray-and-white tom and allowed, "Nice observations." He then added curtly, "We move now." Nodding, the four warriors of the badger patrol followed their lead, Stormfang, over to where Leafstar had last scented badger.

<That night>
Leafstar approached the Moonpool with some apprehension. It had been a long time since he had been here. Taking a deep breath, the tom meowed, "StarClan, please send us a warrior, so that we may become stronger." He lapped up some of the water and fell asleep soon after, as a low whisper rang in his ears, "Beware the night feathers!"

[ The Clan consumes Squirrel x2, Mouse x1 ]
[ Leafstar goes to the Moonpool to request a warrior. ]
[ Vinescratch, a former warrior of SkyClan, joins SeaClan. ]
[ Tundra, a rogue who has traveled from far north, joins SeaClan. ]
[ Silver, a rogue queen, and Bell, her kit, join SeaCan as Silverstorm and Bellkit, respectively. ]
[ Stormfang, Vinescratch, Oakshadow, Mintnose, and Nightwing go check the badger scent. They are prepared to fight and chase the badger away. ]
[ Due to Brightstream carrying kits, Daisypaw is mentored by Shorefall. ]
[ Shorefall, Daisypaw, Emberwhisker, and Ivypaw go hunt in the Pine Grove. ]
[ Leafstar, Ripplepaw, Dustflower, and Tundra go hunt in the river. ]
[ Leafstar teaches Ripplepaw the swimming skill. ]
[ Shorefall teaches Daisypaw the hunting skill. ]
[ Emberwhisker teaches Ivypaw the stalking skill. ]
[ Honeytuft searches for borage leaves and kitting herbs. ]
[ Brightstream will kit in one moon. ]

Leader:
          Leafstar | 38 moons | Tom | X

Deputy:
          Brightstream | 38 moons | she-cat | X (currently a queen)

Medicine Cat:
          Honeytuft | 41 moons | Tom | X

Warriors:
          Emberwhisker | 23 moons | she-cat | X
          Stormfang | 39 moons | tom | X
          Dustflower | 37 moons | She-cat | X
          Nightwing | 24 moons | she-cat | X
          Shorefall | 41 moons | tom | X
          Oakshadow | 26 moons | tom | X
          Mintnose | 41 moons | she-cat | X
          Vinescratch | 35 moons | tom | X
          Tundra | 35 moons | tom | X

Apprentices:
          Ripplepaw | 10 moons | she-cat | X
          Ivypaw | 10 moons | tom | X
          Daisypaw | 10 moons | She-cat | X

Queens:
          Whiterose | 50 moons | she-cat | X
          Silverstorm | 35 moons | she-cat | X

Kits:
          Carrotkit | 1 moon | tom | X
          Bellkit | 3 moons | she-cat | X

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders
    South | Sea (none)
    Southeast | Sea (none)
    Southwest | Sea (none)

Medicine Store
    Blackberry Leaves: These leaves are chewed into a pulp (eases the swelling of bee stings). x1
    Honey: Eaten, or given by moss soaked in it (soothes infections; a great remedy for smoke-damaged or sore throats; helps cats swallow other concoctions; helps soothe coughing; gives energy). x2
    Tansy: To be consumed, but only in small doses (cures coughs; can be also used to cure wounds and poisons; stops cats from getting greencough; soothes throats). x2

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Fish | x2 | 4 servings
    Squirrel | x1 | 2 servings
    Sparrow | x1 | 2 servings
    Mouse | x1 | 1 servings
    Hare | x1 | 3 servings
    Shrew | x0 | 0 servings

Mentors:
    Leafstar | Ripplepaw | 3 | Hunting, Combat, Tracking
    Emberwhisker | Ivypaw | 3 | Hunting, Tracking, Combat
    Shorefall | Daisypaw | 2 | Stalking, Combat

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Leafstar and Whiterose | Carrotkit
    ??? and Silverstorm | Bellkit
    Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale

Links of Interest
Character Storage

Other Sites

FRsona by KKorven
(of Flight Rising)

╚═════════════╝

winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:47 pm

SeaClan
Number of Cats: 20 (10 M | 10 F)

Serving Size: 5

(One moon ago)
Stormfang signaled with his tail to stop. The four cats in his patrol did as told, looking around the area warily. The solid gray warrior meowed quietly, "This is the place." Oakshadow's eyes narrowed as the tabby tom remarked drily, "I think we can all tell that from here." Stormfang ignored the sarcasm from the tom as he ordered, "Vinescratch, Mintnose, go left. Stay close to each other. Nightwing, Oakshadow, to the right." The SeaClan warriors nodded and went off, leaving the solid gray tom alone. Stormfang began to press forward, the reek of badger in the air threatening to burn his nostrils. Suddenly, cats' yowls filled the air as the growls of a badger sounded. Stormfang's hairs stood on end as he recognized Mintnose and Vinescratch's yowls. Even if he didn't like the gray-and-white warrior, he'd have to save him, as he didn't want to displease Leafstar. Stormfang saw a flash of black and brown as he saw Nightwing and Oakshadow, much younger cats than he, dashing past him toward the fight scene. A low hiss escaped his jaws as the solid gray tom pushed on.

The badger was bigger than any of the cats had expected. Its massive black-and-white pelt was criscrossed already with red streaks of blood when Stormfang had arrived. Foaming at the mouth with rage, the large creature lunged at Mintnose, who already was limping badly from what looked like a broken paw; Stormfang saw Vinescratch fling himself at the maddened badger, claws unsheathed. The solid gray tom saw that the badger turn its attention to the new cat and bared its massive fangs at the gray-and-white warrior. It arched its back and shook violently, eventually flinging Vinescratch into a bramble bush, where the warrior struggled to get off from. Stormfang had seen enough. The solid gray tom let out a bloodcurdling warcry and slashed out at the badger. The black-and-white creature roared with rage and pain as it attempted to flatten the gray tom; at the same time, however, Nightwing and Oakshadow came in from another side and slashed at the beast with their own claws. With a roar, the badger disengaged; the beast took one last look at the cats and, with another roar, it lumbered away, toward the PineClan border. Stormfang and Oakshadow gave chase until it disappeared over the boundaries of SeaClan's territory.

The patrol did not say anything until the badger had gone; when it had, and the two toms had returned, Nightwing spoke up, "We should let Leafstar know the badger went to PineClan." Nodding, Stormfang meowed, "All right. We should get going." Turning to Vinescratch, who had managed to free himself from the thorny branches with minor scratches, the gray tom asked, "You all right?" The gray-and-white tom nodded, meowing embarrassedly, "I can't believe I let that badger throw me around like that!" Whiskers twitching slightly with amusement, Stormfang turned to Mintnose, who was limping heavily. The gray Maine coon she-cat meowed reassuredly, "It's a broken paw, I'll live through it." Nightwing meowed, "We'd better get that looked over when we go back." Stormfang nodded, "Then let's go."

<Back at camp>
Leafstar was pacing back and forth in front of the Clan camp's back exit. The sandy brown tabby tom could only hope nothing bad had happened to any of his warriors. Ivypaw, acting as scout, came running in. Leafstar stopped the young tabby-and-white tom, meowing, "The patrol?" Ivypaw replied breathlessly, "All five are coming back, but Mintnose is limping and Vinescratch has some scratches on him." Leafstar nodded and ordered, "Get Honeytuft for me." Ivypaw nodded and disappeared into the medicine cat's chamber, only to emerge again with the honey-colored tom right behind him. Honeytuft meowed, a slight scowl on his otherwise-passive face, "I'd need bindweed and sticks if any of her limbs are broken..." Sighing softly, the medicine cat and the leader of SeaClan awaited the arrival of the patrol.

Stormfang was the first to arrive. He dipped his head to Leafstar and Honeytuft, meowing, "Mintnose's paw is broken, doubtlessly the badger's doing. Vinescratch was flung into a bramble bush, but he should be okay." Honeytuft nodded slowly as he looked over Stormfang, finally remarking, "Well, looks like you don't have any wounds." Nodding gratefully, Stormfang stood to the side as Nightwing and Vinescratch came in, flanking Mintnose, who was limping heavily. The gray Maine coon she-cat growled softly, "I almost barreled into the thing! If I'd known better I'd not have a broken paw." Honeytuft soothed, leading the injured she-cat to his chamber, "It'll be fine. Poppy seeds will help you not feel too much pain while I look for the herbs for you." Vinescratch mewed softly, "May I go see Brightstream please?" Leafstar gave the gray-and-white tom a long look before nodding at last. With a grateful dip of the head, the warrior disappeared into the tunnel leading down to the nursery. Nightwing meowed, glancing at Stormfang for a bit, "We sent the badger packing, but it went straight toward PineClan." Leafstar sighed, meowing, "We should let the PineClan cats know..." Oakshadow, who came in just now, meowed, "We should rest first, I think." The sandy brown tom nodded wearily, "At least the badger couldn't have gone too far in."

At that moment, a hesitant voice from the outside of the front camp entrance piped up, "Uhhh hello?" Turning around, Leafstar, Stormfang, Nightwing, Vinescratch, Ivypaw, and Oakshadow saw that it was a black-and-white tom who was standing timidly. Leafstar cautioned for his cats not to attack as he replied, "Yes?" The tom mewed, a bit more confident that no one had attacked him thus far, "Starry cats came to me saying that I should search for 'SeaClan'. Is this the place?" The SeaClan leader nodded gratefully, "You are the warrior StarClan has sent to us, then. What is your name?" "Patch," the black-and-white tom replied, "but I heard I'd get my name changed somewhat if I stay here." Nodding, Leafstar mewed, "All right then. I will call to the rest of my Clan."

The rest of the cats who had gone on patrols were coming back as Leafstar declared, "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey meet here, around the Meeting Ledge, for a Clan meeting!" The apprentices and warriors gathered as Silverstorm came out of the nursery, preventing the curious kits from bounding out. Leafstar began, "Cats of the Clan! Today, we drove out the badger that had moved into our territory! Although Mintnose sustained a broken paw, and Vinescratch came with some scratches, none of our cats have received heavil injuries!" The cats that had been part of the battle patrol held their heads up proudly as the Clan cheered.

Leafstar then continued, "Now, we have been visited by Patch, a cat sent to us by StarClan, tonight. I wished for a warrior to join our ranks, and they have granted us the wish by sending him. Please," he added, "come to the front." Patch came to the front of the clearing as the SeaClan leader meowed, "I, Leafstar, leader of SeaClan, call upon StarClan to look down on this cat. He has expressed his desire to join our Clan and learn of your noble code. Patch," he continued, "do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and to protect and defend the Clan, even at the cost of your life?" The black-and-white tom did not flinch as he meowed, "I do." Leafstar nodded and replied, "Then, by the power of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. From this day forth, you shall be known as Patchcloud. StarClan honors your determination and confidence, and we welcome you as a full member of SeaClan." The sandy brown tom leapt down from his ledge just as the newly-named warrior bowed his head. Leafstar laid his nose on Patchcloud, at which the black-and-white tom respectfully licked his shoulder in return. The camp erupted at once with shouts of "Patchcloud!" as all of SeaClan welcomed their newest member.

(Now)
Tundra came back from a morning swim in the sea to see Stormfang waiting for him. Blinking in surprise, the former rogue went up to the solid gray tom. Stormfang looked up and dipped his head in greeting to the brown-pelted tom, meowing, "Leafstar told me to ask you to join our hunting patrol to the Pine Grove. He said he's taking the mentors and apprentices to the river to teach the youngsters how to fish properly." Tundra mewed wistfully, "I wish I could go to fish at the river myself to hunt." The solid gray tom soothed, "Perhaps next time, Tundra." The Siberian tom nodded and mewed briskly, nodding toward Oakshadow and Dustflower, who were waiting for him as well, "Then let's go." Nodding, the cats headed out toward the Pine Grove.

Unbeknownst to the cats, a pair of beady eyes watched from the air. A black-feathered bird pinpointed the location of the hunting patrol as the four cats disappeared into the thick foliage of the forest. Letting out a caw, the sleek bird banked to the right and disappeared into the thickest part of the Pine Grove. The cats below had only heard its call from below.

It isn't time yet, it had warned to its kind, when we become stronger.

[ The Clan consumes hare x1 and sparrow x1. ]
[ Honeytuft looks for bindweed and sticks. ]
[ Mintnose rests for a moon. ]
[ Honeytuft gives poppy seeds x1 to help reduce pain for Mintnose. ]
[ Brightstream is kitting! Father ]
[ Leafstar, Ripplepaw, Shorefall, Daisypaw, Emberwhisker, and Ivypaw hunt by the river. ]
[ Oakshadow, Dustflower, Stormfang, and Tundra hunt in the Pine Grove. ]
[ Vinescratch, Nightwing, and Patchcloud patrol the eastern border. ]
[ Leafstar teaches Ripplepaw fishing. ]
[ Shorefall teaches Daisypaw fishing. ]
[ Emberwhisker teaches Ivypaw fishing. ]

Leader:
          Leafstar | 39 moons | Tom | X

Deputy:
          Brightstream | 39 moons | she-cat | X (currently a queen)

Medicine Cat:
          Honeytuft | 42 moons | Tom | X

Warriors:
          Emberwhisker | 24 moons | she-cat | X
          Stormfang | 40 moons | tom | X
          Dustflower | 38 moons | She-cat | X
          Nightwing | 25 moons | she-cat | X
          Shorefall | 42 moons | tom | X
          Oakshadow | 27 moons | tom | X
          Mintnose | 42 moons | she-cat | X
          Vinescratch | 36 moons | tom | X
          Tundra | 36 moons | tom | X
          Patchcloud | 25 moons | tom | X

Apprentices:
          Ripplepaw | 11 moons | she-cat | X
          Ivypaw | 11 moons | tom | X
          Daisypaw | 11 moons | She-cat | X

Queens:
          Whiterose | 51 moons | she-cat | X
          Silverstorm | 36 moons | she-cat | X

Kits:
          Carrotkit | 2 moons | tom | X
          Bellkit | 4 moons | she-cat | X

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders
    South | Sea (none)
    Southeast | Sea (none)
    Southwest | Sea (none)

Medicine Store
    Borage Leaves: It is chewed and eaten by nursing queens (produces more and better milk, also brings down fevers). x2
    Juniper Berries: Chewed and eaten (soothes bellyaches; gives strength; helps troubled breathing; also used to help calm cats). x2

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Fish | x2 | 2 servings
    Squirrel | x1 | 2 servings
    Sparrow | x1 | 2 servings
    Mouse | x1 | 1 servings
    Hare | x0 | 3 servings
    Shrew | x1 | 1 servings

Mentors:
    Leafstar | Ripplepaw | 4 | Hunting, Combat, Tracking, Swimming
    Emberwhisker | Ivypaw | 4 | Hunting, Tracking, Combat, Stalking
    Shorefall | Daisypaw | 3 | Stalking, Combat, Hunting

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Leafstar and Whiterose | Carrotkit
    ??? and Silverstorm | Bellkit
    Vinescratch and Brightstream | unborn kit(s)
    Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale

Links of Interest
Character Storage

Other Sites

FRsona by KKorven