❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Blazingcharizard » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:17 am

What kind of characters do you like to write for? Why?

I like writing laid back characters tbh, and childish/tsundere like characters mostly because I find them amusing. and they are just what im use to.

Speaking of characters, who from media inspires you?

I mean... some of the youtubers i watch remind me of a character i write? some of the animes i watch also insipres me as well.

Who do you base your characters off of?

I mean for blaze , I dont really base her off of anyone, per say, sense i have change her personally a lot, so... but the person that you could say i base her off of, is Sparrowrayne on youtube. but that was by accident tbh.

for Jack, I base him off of sterotypes in the state of georgia sense, he is literally the human georgia (Jack was created when i was in the hetalia fandom)

What is your way of curing writers block?

just watch videos, or do something that would motivate you to write. think of the sitaution you can throw your character in, in the story and just write it. then soon motivate will come to you.

if that doesnt work.try doing different things that isnt story related and just take a break .
username: Blazingcharizard

current character theme: Seto kaiba

current fandom: Yu-ig-oh
wip

Blazingcharizard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:20 am

I love to write all different ones, but I suppose the ones I like best are the ones least like me. The broken, dark, characters with that fire that could burn to either side. The anti-heros, I suppose, the ones with very little moral conflict and huge amounts of hidden emotional conflict.

Well, I do sometimes take bits and pieces from real people, but thb a lot of my characters are based off ideas and/or characters from other books or shows. Sometimes they're based off writing prompts or even my other characters.

I wouldn't say it's people who inspire me so much as their work. That being clarified Owl City is a big inspiration as well as Lindsey Stirling. Kathryn Lasky and Brian Jacques hugely influenced my early writing career, I still enjoy reading their books.

Do you have a notebook where you write down thoughts and ideas?
I used to, but not anymore I also had a Google doc, but it was too much effort.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ticked tabby » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Last edited by ticked tabby on Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ticked tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:43 pm

Do you find that writing provides a distraction from your life, or that it makes you painfully more aware of it?
Mainly, I really use it as a distraction. I write fantasy, and I'm not all that into the "Every book should pose a question about the shared human condition" like my teacher seems to be, but my nonfiction pieces are kinda hard to do that for. I mean, nonfiction makes you choose what truth you're going to present, and if that happens to be the truth of personal experience, writing like that definitely forces you to take a hard look at who you used to be.

What is your way of curing writers block?
Mainly music, prompts, pictures, and other artistic mediums. If I can get my brain to try to make a story in the same world as a comic I've been reading, I find it's easier to make up other stories as well. ((Also, side note: doing this can lead to some pretty interesting dreams. Especially if you turn them into a mental bed time story.)) Other than that, sometimes I' just go back as a reader of my own work and try to think of what I want to know once I hit the blockage. If that doesn't work, I tend to literally write out a series of questions like the seventy-some-odd from my last post, just to get the gears crunching again. It works as a way to de-stress and figure out how to let your mind wander from topic to topic, but it doesn't always work. Mostly it's the kinda fanfic exercise thing I do. Maybe it's just me, though. I know I'm weird >^.^<

Female characters, because I had a harder time getting in the brain of a dude when I started. I've got way more practice with them than with the boys. Most of the time, they start out as a kind of damsel in distress, cuz life is hectic and I can relate. Other times, they're controlling and really on top of it all, which I want to be. Most of the time, they're trusting/compassionate/optimistic ((Hardly all three anymore)) because that kinda describes me. A lot. Other than that, I like writing ambiguous antagonists, mainly for the suspense it creates and the images the reader makes in their mind as they read. Revealing them without letting everyone down is extremely difficult, though. Also, characters who see the same people differently. That's fun, mainly because the change in perspective can give more insight into the observed character, and sometimes the character flaws of the observer.

I'm assuming visual media for a second here. Okay, now I'm moving into motion picture stuff. If any of you have seen Fairy Tail the anime, I live Natsu. Really want a charrie as high energy as him. Thor ((and whoever his actor is)) is pretty coolio, though I gotta stick with Groot and Rocket for Marvel awesomeness. Gotta love all the personality that can be fit into three words. Non-motion picture stuff is pretty much Girl Genius and the main heroine, Agatha Heterodyne! She's super understanding, really fun, surrounded by crazy people, and extremely intelligent on top of it. She's, like, the most amazing comic heroine I can currently think of. Non-visual characters would definitely include FitzChivalry from the Farseer Trilogy. He's such a complicated character, and I really want to get good enough to write someone like him. ((Side note: I really really really want to write someone to off the antagonist. He's written so well that I absolutely hate his guts. Def a good read)) I know, it's a very strange list, and if anyone's heard of the last two, I will be supremely surprised.

I think I may be an outlier on this one, but I don't actually base my characters off of anyone. The main charrie may start out as an exaggerated version of one of my characteristics, but that gets nulled in the character development stage, and all the other characters are just "What would happen if they met this kind of person?" So I guess I work with extremes and then develop those into actual characters, if that makes any sense.

Do you have a notebook where you write down thoughts and ideas?
No, not really. It sounds like it would be a good idea, though. Maybe. Not sure if any of my ideas really get past the inciting event, though. I have a hard time with everything past the introduction >.< Is that just a me thing? I get the feeling it's a me thing...

Oh, hey! A fun starter sentence prompt thing if you guys want it. >^.^<
Code: Select all
For the longest time, I had no idea what I was doing.

also...
Code: Select all
I've always been good at dreaming. Sometimes too good.

@None of this makes sense: I'm so glad somebody knows of the Great Valdezenator. I approve ;) Out of curiosity, do you have a favorite series by him? I really liked the roman set, mainly cuz it played off of the similarities in the Greek and Roman gods. I kinda hope he does a Native American set after Apollo or Magnus, though it'll probably a Kenya or Africa based mythology next, based off of the broad opening in the most recent Apollo book. That or something from the Middle East.

@Mai: you are way more honest about that than I am. I don't think I could pull off using people I'm close with without feeling like I messed something up or running out of people to make characters with. Props to you for being able to do what you do >^.^<

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ticked tabby » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:03 pm

Last edited by ticked tabby on Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ticked tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yubel Fated » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:51 pm

I did the starters, they can be found here

BucketORandomness wrote:Do you have a notebook where you write down thoughts and ideas?
No, not really. It sounds like it would be a good idea, though. Maybe. Not sure if any of my ideas really get past the inciting event, though. I have a hard time with everything past the introduction >.< Is that just a me thing? I get the feeling it's a me thing...

It's not just a you thing. I have a hard time too to be honest lmao. I skip around a lot due to it.

I'm not your protagonist I'm not even my own
I don't know anything I don't even know what I don't know

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

╔══════════════╗
Name: Shadow
Profile: Judai/Jaden Yuki
Previous: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~
╚══════════════╝

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

The artificial way the sunlight bounces off of
g̸̢̮̥̏͝l̷͔̘͍̑̍͝ì̶̛̠̖̒t̸̢̰̩̀̔̾̕c̴̨̘͌̄̈́̿h̶̡͙͔̫̆͜͝í̴̝̎͛̀n̵̡̘̰̈́̔ḡ̷̢̨̫̬̓̀ leaves

────────────────

Yubel Fated

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:03 pm

so many q u e s t i o n s
Who needs to keep working on a story when you can answer writing questions instead?! XD

Do you find that writing provides a distraction from your life, or that it makes you painfully more aware of it? Hmm. Kinda both. But mostly, it's a fun distraction. I love playing around with my characters, you can decide what happens to them, will they lose, will they triumph, will they fall in love, learn an important lesson.. really the possibilities are endless and that's why I love writing! ^.^

What is your way of curing writers block? I've actually asked this question as well, and honestly, force yourself to write. Find something that sounds interesting, or better yet, find a prompt that you like on a random species here on CS and go crazy, it really helps ;u;

What kind of characters do you like to write for? Why? I guess you could say I like writing good guys / girls. I never write about a truly evil character. There's always that little something that pulls them back from the edge, and I like doing that ;)

Speaking of characters, who from media inspires you? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm well, they don't necessarily affect my writing much, but I'm inspired by people like Ben Shapiro to actually research the things I say and speak your mind. And a lot of my characters do speak their mind, so maybe my writing is inspired by them?

Who do you base your characters off of? Hehe, well, for starters, Arathorn is based on a character in LotR .. just the name though, I really like it lol xD And also Murlé Burns is sommmeeewhat based off of a character in a show called M*A*S*H, expect he isn't as stupid as Frank Burns lmao XD But in the way how they are both very dedicated to their duty, that is based from the M*A*S*H character.

Do you have a notebook where you write down thoughts and ideas? No ;/ But I probs need one tbh

@BucketORandomness OOOOOOOOOOOOH Those story starters are so intriguing o.o Might give them a shot sometime.
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby L.V.L » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:18 pm

Alright, so in english class we had to write a poem about something personal in your life.
    I'm going to be honest... I cried while preforming this. :] don't judge
    I decided to share with ya'll ... because like .... why not. ._.
    Honest opinions are appreciated. :)
    "This time it will not be Goodbye."

I didn't like this life. I knew I needed a new life.
    But my veins were filled with poison.
    Went through my body like it was a race.
    I needed to get it out.
    Watched the blade come closer to the veins filled with poison.
    It was close - so close.

But the memory of the girl that loves me popped into my mind.
    I knew that I could never leave her alone in the world.
    I knew that killing myself didn't just involve me.
    Killing myself also involved killing everyone that loves me.

Body shakes under the steaming water raining down on me.
    Sliding down against my skin, dropping onto the floor rushing down to get away - get away, get away, get away - get away from everything.

It's been 106 days now.
    But I remember it like it was just yesterday.
    The numbing pain, the blood swelling.
    The way my skin split in half.
    It wasn't the first time.

My hand shook with fear but I had had this feeling that I had to do it. That my depression didn't give me a choice. My depression never gives me a choice.
    Holds me a hostage inside of my head. Inside of my body.
    I've been screaming for years wanting ... no needing to get out.
    No one understands - they will never understand.
L.V.L

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:07 pm

BucketORandomness wrote:Do you have a notebook where you write down thoughts and ideas?
Ha. No. That's where most of my stories die :p
Ooh, those starters look really cool btw. The second one reminds me of Anne of Green Gables

Anyone else have trouble switching from one kind of PoV to another after an extended period of time? I was working on a first-person book for a g e s , and now I'm having a lot of trouble writing in third-person :'c': I don't like describing my characters' actions dramatically/properly in first-person, because it reflects on the character speaking; and I don't like describing them at all, because how often do people go off on spiels of what they look like to themselves? lol. And now my story's all messed-up :'c': I'll get the hang again eventually... but please... tell me I'm not alone in this XD':

Shivers, Mexi. Far out. That is deep, and really beautiful. I love how it's so painfully, beautifully, wonderfully honest, and obvious that it came from your heart <3

Does life seem a whole lot brighter when you've been writing regularly? I didn't notice anything different while I wasn't, but now I'm full o' beans, and really looking forward to writing later in the day, even if I'm mildly dissatisfied while doing it ;p It's really refreshing
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:33 pm

Ranger of the North wrote:
Ha. No. That's where most of my stories die :p
Ooh, those starters look really cool btw. The second one reminds me of Anne of Green Gables

Anyone else have trouble switching from one kind of PoV to another after an extended period of time? I was working on a first-person book for a g e s , and now I'm having a lot of trouble writing in third-person :'c': I don't like describing my characters' actions dramatically/properly in first-person, because it reflects on the character speaking; and I don't like describing them at all, because how often do people go off on spiels of what they look like to themselves? lol. And now my story's all messed-up :'c': I'll get the hang again eventually... but please... tell me I'm not alone in this XD':

Shivers, Mexi. Far out. That is deep, and really beautiful. I love how it's so painfully, beautifully, wonderfully honest, and obvious that it came from your heart <3

Does life seem a whole lot brighter when you've been writing regularly? I didn't notice anything different while I wasn't, but now I'm full o' beans, and really looking forward to writing later in the day, even if I'm mildly dissatisfied while doing it ;p It's really refreshing

I don't even know what to call what I do when writing. ;p Most of the time, it's only through the character I'm writing about's eyes. But I also do narrative weirdness at the same time. I just donut knowww D;

-- and to other thing you said, I totally get the feeling of writing everyday :0 I've been working on the same story for 3 days now and I feel so accomplished for some reason XD Even though it's not that long or anything.
not to mention PSG, I was writing for what? 2 months straight? *cowers*
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me