❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue May 14, 2019 5:23 am

Senbeat wrote:oof, hello!!!!! name’s Sen nwn
i’m currently working on an au rewrite of the warrior cats series, so i’m curious if y’all have any fandom works?

I'm currently posting a Transformers fanfic on Wattpad! Also, I'm doing Rise, which is a warriors based ARPG, so I guess that counts as some one-shots, but I'm not really a fan of the books

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pdf » Tue May 14, 2019 5:30 am

Senbeat wrote:oof, hello!!!!! name’s Sen nwn
      i’m currently working on an au rewrite of the warrior cats series, so i’m curious if y’all have any fandom works?

hi !! over the past year i wrote a lot of h/mestuck fanfic, but i'm transitioning into writing my own work now. fandom works can be so rewarding, though - they have that sort of instant muse and gratification that can be hard to find elsewhere. i loved writing fanfiction.

Ðestiel wrote:I can't count how many times I have tried to write down the story/history behind my first oc, Neo.
      - I won't be posting it on here though o.o it's a bit too dark for that...
      But I think I have started over five times already, I just can't seem to get the idea I have in my head out on paper or in this case, on the screen... :c
      Does anybody have any tips on how I can get started and stay motivated? I really want him to have a story, and it should be a good one as well - because, after all of the things I have put him through, he deserves at least that x'D

a good tip that a writing supervisor i had once was to "write what you want to write first". treat your work like a movie in that respect - a movie isn't filmed in order. write your story starting from what you know you can write, or what you're excited to write - and then build around it.

another thing i'd recommend is doing research on some of the things involving your character. it's easier to write about what you know than filling in the blanks with what you think, y'know?

other than that, maybe read a bit & see if it gives you some motivation :)

the best of luck to you !!
pdf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby χaphan » Tue May 14, 2019 5:44 am

@Aliria ; Thank you for the tip c: I'll try and get started on a word count per day thing~

@cleric ; And that's such a good idea o: omg~ sadly I can't read much myself, my illness is kind of in the way of that ;w; but I am trying to get back on track with my reading once again~ it's just hard :c
──-────────────────────
Dress-up-aholik - always looking for
wishlist items, so send a trade!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
She/her - adult : Feel free to dm/pm.
Always looking for wl items
My art shop & My Tarot Reading shop

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit

───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
χaphan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Totally_A_Human » Tue May 14, 2019 12:09 pm

Yatta yeet my dudes! I has discovered something and I want ya'lls opinion on it.

Sorry for my failure in language up there, but basically, I have decided to write a novel and I am at about 20,000 words. I am trying to write about 55,000, which is the average for YA fiction, I was looking at my outline, and with another 30 or so 'chapters' I think I might overshoot that goal. Which is kinda funny, because when I started I was worried that it would be to short, but I was kinda wondering if you guys think that I should try to cram in it one long YA book, or write two books (With maybe a third that is the same world with different characters.)

What do you think would be the best way for me to do it?

Also, for all those curious, I am posting that on CS: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=4006033
Hello there! I guess I should introduce myself:
You can call me whatever you want, but I call myself Ri.
I am in high school
I love writing and drawing
My favorite colors are blue and grey
My favorite animal is my chorgi (Chihuahua/Corgi), Ms. Honey.
My favorite song is Light it Up by Keely Elise
Totally_A_Human

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby atlas; » Tue May 14, 2019 6:14 pm

How the HECKIN HECK

I recommend not putting it all in one book so as to not overwhelm readers. Plus, it always creates a more fantastical community when people have to wait for another book. People can also discuss what they think will happen in the next one, and that’s always cool.

also hi I’m new and weird
don’t mind me just casually stalking writing threads
nope nothing to see here
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 5 people.
I have received 18 gifts.
atlas;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Tue May 14, 2019 6:42 pm

Ranger of the North wrote:
xdlhbdhfglkhdlfgh

-snip-

*growls*

XP

i wish i could share my story here for feedback but it's not cs-appropriate anymore.

does anyone have any angsty one-shot prompts i could possibly use?

edit: i made a thread for my writing! (just one-shots/short things) here
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ultimate writer. » Tue May 14, 2019 8:44 pm

@anxious ghost I have some angst-based prompts!
What do you want it like? There are some unused ones which I can PM ya!
( and I really like your writings! I'll be sure to bookmark so that I can read those one-shots later )

Also, hey I'm back to this thread now ≥﹏≤

ultimate writer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue May 14, 2019 9:39 pm

Totally_A_Human wrote:Yatta yeet my dudes! I has discovered something and I want ya'lls opinion on it.

Sorry for my failure in language up there, but basically, I have decided to write a novel and I am at about 20,000 words. I am trying to write about 55,000, which is the average for YA fiction, I was looking at my outline, and with another 30 or so 'chapters' I think I might overshoot that goal. Which is kinda funny, because when I started I was worried that it would be to short, but I was kinda wondering if you guys think that I should try to cram in it one long YA book, or write two books (With maybe a third that is the same world with different characters.)

Also, for all those curious, I am posting that on CS: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=4006033
Heyyy I've been following that for a wee while now!

➶➶➶➶➶ ℓυмιησυs ➷➷➷➷➷ wrote:How the HECKIN HECK

I recommend not putting it all in one book so as to not overwhelm readers. Plus, it always creates a more fantastical community when people have to wait for another book. People can also discuss what they think will happen in the next one, and that’s always cool.

nope nothing to see here
NEW PERSON HI BEWARE OF CARROTS *drags you in* There is no escape

Stevie: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow; » Tue May 14, 2019 11:07 pm

I don't go on this thread enough haha

Totally_A_Human wrote:Yatta yeet my dudes! I has discovered something and I want ya'lls opinion on it.

I don't think 55k is as long as you think it is? It'd probably be fine to go pretty far over that imo. On the other hand, it's online so people probably want shorter things. Also, nice work! That's a lot of words...

➶➶➶➶➶ ℓυмιησυs ➷➷➷➷➷ wrote:How the HECKIN HECK

nope nothing to see here

Welcome to this place, whatever this place is. Have a fun time and try to not murder all your characters.

anxious ghost wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:
xdlhbdhfglkhdlfgh

-snip-

*growls*

XP

i wish i could share my story here for feedback but it's not cs-appropriate anymore.

does anyone have any angsty one-shot prompts i could possibly use?

edit: i made a thread for my writing! (just one-shots/short things) here

You seem to be good for prompts now but PM me if ya need some more. Hope they go well!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
link goes here | link goes here
link goes here | link goes here
signature credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sparrow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby decembuary; » Wed May 15, 2019 8:59 am

hi!! as usual, i’m here randomly crawl out of the woodworks to put another question on this topic:

Code: Select all
[b]what’s your favorite kind of story to write?[/b]

to be honest, i ironically almost can’t answer this question myself, since i...don’t write as much as i would like to be able tell very clearly (i mean, this isn’t the lazy writers for nothing), but i like stories that don’t really need romantic subplots, since i am really bad at writing anything romance-related.
not going to lie, i have a great ability to endlessly drone and be very not-concise, so i guess i do like writing stories where i can insert a lot of monologues, which sounds awful but i promise you i can (sometimes) make it work.
i also really like stories involving the universe, space, or Forces Out Of Our Control in some way. real original, i know. to be honest, i just really like sci-fi and fantasy.
🌟 burst forth! — they/them

my listography!

hello!! i’m athena (or decem!) and i like my cat and spacing out.
feel free to drop me a PM if you have questions about anything on
the site or just want to say hi. i always appreciate a good conversation!

my research data!! 🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱
🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱 🌱

@Image — i love you!!
decembuary;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me