❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby BucketORandomness » Mon May 13, 2019 4:29 am

Moonblaze-Angel wrote:
@anybody;; I'm currently working on a new series and would like some opinions before I start to write it? If anyone feels like being a worldbuilder extraordinaire, have I got the mess for you. It's a fantasy/sci-fi/dystopia of sorts, surrounding magic. Thanks. <3

Ranger of the North wrote:
Oof, good luck with the worldbuilding Angel XD I can barely do my own stories! Randy thou art needed xD

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED How can I help? Throw me what you got >^.^<

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonblaze-Angel » Mon May 13, 2019 5:55 am

BucketORandomness wrote:
I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED How can I help? Throw me what you got >^.^<

The all mighty Bucket has been summoned. Perhaps we should have thought this through a bit better . . . perhaps an appeasement with questions will lull them back into the depths of smoothie.

Code: Select all
[b]Do you write in the style of any particular author? If so, who?[/b]
answer answer answer

[b]Have you ever written something in a completely different style than normal? All dialogue, or none, or just imagery, or along those lines.[/b]

answer answer answer
Moonblaze-Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Mon May 13, 2019 8:32 am

╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Mon May 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Do you write in the style of any particular author? If so, who?
Well, I guess the closest matches might be Rick Riordan, Patrick Rothfus, and J R R Tolkein. Maybe. It's not intentional, but those are the three most similar to what I think I write.

Have you ever written something in a completely different style than normal? All dialogue, or none, or just imagery, or along those lines.
oooo! These are fun exercises! If you're strong with dialogue, describe the interior of a taxi cab after a hard breakup or the coffee shop table after a nailed interview or a new house after a miscarriage. The only rule is you're not allowed to use words explicitly linked to any of the circumstances while describing the scene, and there's no dialogue. If you're great at description but find dialogue difficult, copy a conversation during lunch and go back later and change words choice or order and try to get a completely different tone without changing exactly what was said. You can try describing senses using a candy and just spend five solid minutes describing one sense at a time until you've finally eaten the candy ((Eat it slow, though. You need to describe how it tastes for five minutes ;) )) I've occasionally done projects where you pick an inanimate object and use that as your narrator, which I've discovered I enjoy. Just, lots of cool things. 10/10 would recommend.

((The summoning is complete. Please hold for PM response))

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Mon May 13, 2019 2:17 pm

Nah, I'm not really good enough or distinct enough to compare myself to anyone

Have you ever written something in a completely different style than normal? All dialogue, or none, or just imagery, or along those lines.
Yeah, I write different junk all the time I guess

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pdf » Mon May 13, 2019 4:01 pm

i don't think i could claim to match the quality of any of these authors, but it take a lot of influence from terry pratchett, douglas adams, walter moers, & tracy chevalier.

i love to do no-dialogue stories. i think those are neat. i also like to do stories out of order & try to do it in a way that is comprehensible.
pdf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eyeris » Mon May 13, 2019 6:06 pm

oof, hello!!!!! name’s Sen nwn
i’m currently working on an au rewrite of the warrior cats series, so i’m curious if y’all have any fandom works?
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
WE ARE RATS AND WE LIVE IN A SEWER; THE SEWER RATS!
beer rat; smoking rat; shoe rat; musical rat; taco rat; invalid rat; soft rat; dagger rat; ninja rat; princess rat
Eyeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon May 13, 2019 10:59 pm

anxious ghost wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:
I'm always happy to find out Stevie is still alive XD

-

how dare you hurt spencer in this manner
it's not canon so technically i can kill him if i want
xdlhbdhfglkhdlfgh

Definitely! I count as an author, right? XD
Naw I don't really, or at least not intentionally xD But I have been told my characters have a Brandon Sanderson feel. My heart diedddd that made me very happy lol

If there's one thing I love the idea of, it's doing things weirdly XD I'm not sure if I've ever followed through on style? But I've definitely put a lot of thought into it, even if I haven't done it, and I've for sure made my ideas or execution strange cx (Intentionally XD) If it's a short, usually emotional piece, I sometimes change tenses or even switch first/second/third povs to addle my readers. It's great

Senbeat wrote:oof, hello!!!!! name’s Sen nwn
i’m currently working on an au rewrite of the warrior cats series, so i’m curious if y’all have any fandom works?
Not me, but fanfics are Wren's jam. Idk if she's on here often enough to see this convo but I can probably poke her on XD

anxious ghost wrote:i wrote more~~~
#angstparttwo
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JbGOpSnzqebPvg1MvQ03eWNkVFE-CsT0u5wxA4V0D-Q/edit?usp=sharing
(lyrics from ben platt's "better")
*growls*
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby χaphan » Tue May 14, 2019 1:01 am

I can't count how many times I have tried to write down the story/history behind my first oc, Neo.
- I won't be posting it on here though o.o it's a bit too dark for that...
But I think I have started over five times already, I just can't seem to get the idea I have in my head out on paper or in this case, on the screen... :c
Does anybody have any tips on how I can get started and stay motivated? I really want him to have a story, and it should be a good one as well - because, after all of the things I have put him through, he deserves at least that x'D
──-────────────────────
Dress-up-aholik - always looking for
wishlist items, so send a trade!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
She/her - adult : Feel free to dm/pm.
Always looking for wl items
My art shop & My Tarot Reading shop

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit

───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
χaphan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Tue May 14, 2019 3:30 am

My style tends to shift depending on what I've been reading lately, so yes, kind of. I don't usually do it intentionally, though if I want to write something in a certain style I can use it to my advantage by reading something in that style first.

I've done a couple things like that, but I don't do it often. It can be pretty fun though!

Ðestiel wrote:I can't count how many times I have tried to write down the story/history behind my first oc, Neo.
- I won't be posting it on here though o.o it's a bit too dark for that...
But I think I have started over five times already, I just can't seem to get the idea I have in my head out on paper or in this case, on the screen... :c
Does anybody have any tips on how I can get started and stay motivated? I really want him to have a story, and it should be a good one as well - because, after all of the things I have put him through, he deserves at least that x'D

The best way to get writing done is simply to sit down and write. Everyone wants to skip that step, but it is, frustratingly, a requirement. Don't worry about quality, just get the words down. You can always edit later. I've heard the first draft described as telling the story to yourself, and that's generally a better mindset than trying to put together a finished product on the first try.
If you're really having trouble with the "just sitting down and writing" part, I've found it useful to set a daily word goal. Mine is pretty low - I usually go for 350 words per day - but getting a words down every day, even if it's just a few, eventually adds up to a lot!

Senbeat wrote:oof, hello!!!!! name’s Sen nwn

Fanfic usually isn't my thing - I hate writing other people's characters - but lately I've been writing a lot of stuff set in the world of a webcomic I'm a fan of.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me