❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby polysaccharide » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:19 pm

what is up my dudes?
    i'm currently stressing about a poem i turned in (on impulse) to my creative writing teacher. i'm really hope she doesn't realize it's basically me ranting about how hard it is to find a fitting name when you're trans and all the ones you like are feminine or androgynous.
    it's been so long since i actually wrote something on my personal time, but i went on a fanfiction-reading binge after discovering a new show and i actually started a short little fic! it's not that great and i don't know how i'm gonna end it, but at least i'm writing something!

i have a couple questions for yall that i though up on the bus:
    Code: Select all
    [b]Have you ever written fanfiction? If yes, what was it of? If no, would you consider it?[/b]

[b]What is your favorite genre to write? Read?[/b]

[b]What is your least favorite genre to write? Read?[/b]

[b]What are your thoughts on werewolves and vampires always being "hot" or "sexy" in YA novels?[/b]

i'll go ahead and answer them right away:
    have you ever written fanfiction? if yes, what was it of? if no, would you consider it?
    > yes, i have, though i've never actually finished one, whoops. i'm never invested enough yo continue what i'm writing, since i feel like every trope possible has been written. however, i know that's not true, because i have seen fandoms with a mere ten fics and honestly? i need to help them out, maybe give them one or two more. small fandoms are desperate, man.
    > the fandom's i've written for are the avengers, the flash, gotham, and amc's preacher. i started the preacher one just last week, and i really need to work on it. one of these days i'll finish a fic. one of these days.

what is your favorite genre to write? read?
    > oh, i love writing horror. i love writing really dark torture scenes and psychologically terrifying stories. they are my absolute favorite and i have no idea why. there's just so much you can do with it, so many fears and phobias you can expand on and worse. i love it. now that i think about it, i should look up a list of phobias and try to write a story or each one that catches my eye.
    > i love reading about politics (current and past) and sci-fi. give me a book about nazi spies? i'll love you forever. give me a book on what's going on in the white house right now? i'll die for you. give me any science fiction book that isn't about romance? i'll actually cry.

what is your least favorite genre to write? read?
    > i hate writing nonfiction. ick. i can't write anything factual without sounding like a robot reciting lines to you. i also hate writing mystery stories. how am i supposed to keep up with out lord and savior agatha christie? i can't. ever. so that's out the window.
    > my least favorite genre to read is... any YA novel? ever? why are they all about romance and sexy werewolves and overthrowing the government All By Yourself? I just don't understand the appeal. I'm not trying to cause a scene, and please don't be up in arms about this, but why are stories like these so popular? i guess i just feel like it takes more than three (3) angsty teenagers to overthrow a large influential government system, love triangles are not that hard to resolve (communication is important, people!!).

what are your thoughts on werewolves and vampires always being "hot" or "sexy" in YA novels?
    > werewolves and vampires? it's such an overused cliche and totally unrealistic. let me tell you, i i were either of those things, i'd look it. werewolf? there goes my sleeping schedule, so i'd be tired all the time, eating all the time, and look pretty out of it for about a week every month. vampire? say hello to a corpse that eats rats so he doesn't have to eat you. doesn't sound overly hot to me. maybe it's a personal preference? i don't know.

that was my rant for today. have fun answering those questions, kiddos. i look forward to your answers!
polysaccharide

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:29 pm

Have you ever written fanfiction? If yes, what was it of? If no, would you consider it?
Yup! Done quite a few, mostly one shot. The main fandom I write for is Doctor Who, but I've also done some RWBY, Harry Potter, Dragon Riders of Pern, Merlin and Supernatural stuff. [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/Spannah339]*cough*linktomyA03account*cough*[url]

What is your favorite genre to write? Read?
Fantasy/sci fi. For both reading and writing. Though I have been enjoying more modern fiction to read tbh.

What is your least favorite genre to write? Read?
Umm...horror probably, never been a fan of that tbh. Or erotica. ugh.

What are your thoughts on werewolves and vampires always being "hot" or "sexy" in YA novels?
Idk. I kinda feel like it's overused tbh, but I haven't really read any books that use that trope tbh.
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:48 pm

Have you ever written fanfiction? If yes, what was it of? If no, would you consider it?
Weell, I'm planning on writing some Redwall fanfic. Eventually.
My favorite to read and write is fantasy, not just like dragons and fairies, though those are fun, but I also like to read (and write) fantasy stories with unrealistic words and characters, but without magic. I've never been a fan of magic for some reason. I also like mixing it with adventure. Sci-fi and dystopian are also a ton of fun.
Romance. Blech. No thank you. A tad bit slipped in as a well thought out subplot is fine, but the stuff raw? Wouldn't touch it wouldn't write it. Also, YA isn't a whole lot of fun to read, though if it was tweaked from "apocalyptic love triangles" or "Lost orphan princess/prince with amazing power" it could be written
What are your thoughts on werewolves and vampires always being "hot" or "sexy" in YA novels?
Neh. I've never read a book with those tropes, don't really like vampires at all, the idea is pretty gross, but shapeshifters are fun and I feel like werewolves could be used in some more inventive ways.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yubel Fated » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:09 pm

Yes. I've written too many to actually list off here and i'm planning more. (Someone stop me)

Action adventure and Poetry. ..... And I like to read the same.

Romance. Just.. Would not touch with a 55 and a half foot pole. Like Song, I can write subplot but pure Romance do not want. Sure ive read a few romance novels, but i wouldn't particularly call it my cuppa joe yanno? I just need plot overtones to conceal the relationship growing. Unless its an OTP story and I already like the characters :T

And plus, I like to fangirl over non-canon ships. Surprise. I'm a fangirl. Not my point though you probably already knew that. I like reading pairings under context. I dont like the in your face romance. it makes it too easy to ship. I want to think that they could be something with that person... But then have you question; "Would this thing really work?!" Does that make me picky? Probably xD (Also I read my own post with Graveyard Girl's voice. Whoops)

Bleh. Is all I have to say about that.

Pfft my internet pooped out on me while I was writing this. Thank you so much.

I'm not your protagonist I'm not even my own
I don't know anything I don't even know what I don't know

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

╔══════════════╗
Name: Shadow
Profile: Judai/Jaden Yuki
Previous: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~
╚══════════════╝

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

The artificial way the sunlight bounces off of
g̸̢̮̥̏͝l̷͔̘͍̑̍͝ì̶̛̠̖̒t̸̢̰̩̀̔̾̕c̴̨̘͌̄̈́̿h̶̡͙͔̫̆͜͝í̴̝̎͛̀n̵̡̘̰̈́̔ḡ̷̢̨̫̬̓̀ leaves

────────────────

Yubel Fated

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:35 pm

Guys! I got a laptop!

No and no.

Like fantasy/sci-fi/adventure, for both reading and writing.

Romance, horror, and mystery, for both.

I think it's stupid, personally. Unless it's like a glamor or chameleon kinda thing? Then it can be explained.
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:05 am

No, I'm not fully back. Pro-tip for everyone out there, if you want to kill your muse, get a job! I haven't written anything significant ever since I got a job, it sucks and that is why I haven't been on here. I'm not writing, so there really isn't anything to talk about. But then I noticed werewolf question, and I must answer werewolf question.

Yes, it was a fanfiction of Five Nights at Freddy's. It's actually one of my favorite works, and the main character (an OC of mine) has even been revived in another story. I'm also considering a Godzilla fanfic, whenever my muse returns.

Fantasy. Just fantasy. In my opinion it allows the most freedom, because there are really no real rules.

Horror. Haven't read it, can't write it. I've tried and failed, so I've just given up.

Repressed sexual desires can bring about horrible things. My thoughts are that it's okay. In fact, when I first started writing, werewolf love stories seemed to be the only thing I could really write, after all, I was a teenager and was obsessed with werewolves. Put the two together, and you get werewolf love stories. One of my most favorite stories of mine, "Reality Not Fantasy", is just that, a love story between both a werewolf and a vampire. Even though I did rewrite it a few years ago, I must admit that I've grown out of such things, and no longer read or write about it. So in that sense, for teenagers to young adults, I really have no problem with that representation, just as long as they grow out of it.
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:34 am

Yaaass more questions!!

I used tow write a lot of fanfiction - mainly phan because I suck. Literally I read a few of my old fanfics the other day and I have never cringed harder in my life.

Funny story regarding fanfiction actually - a while back my English teacher (who is a complete nerd but in the best way) admitted that he'd written fanfiction when he was in his teens and I just wanted to cry. He wouldn't tell us what it was about but we were taking the piss so much :lol:

What is your favourite genre to write? Read?
I love to write really psychological stories and poems, which would probably fall under the horror genre. I also tend to dip into the dystopian genre because it just naturally fits into the stories I write. I've been playing with the idea of writing a dystopian narrative poem recently, but it's going nowhere in a rush.
As for reading, I'll read almost anything as long as it's well written and has decent character development. My favourite genre though is probably horror, but as short stories, like Poe and Lovecraft. I'm reading Dracula at the moment and I'm really struggling to connect with it because it jumps around so much and is unnecessarily long.

What is your least favourite genre to write? Read?
I hate writing romance as a genre. I've never been in a real relationship so all the lovey-dovey stuff just makes me really cringey and uncomfortable and I just cannot write anything cheesy like that. I kind of hate reading it as well for the same reasons. Even when I was younger and used to read fanfiction, I would kind of reel back from my phone because I hated reading about it.

As a rule, I just don't like YA novels, and the whole hot vampire/werewolf thing is such a cliché, I hate it. I mean, no disrespect those to do enjoy it, I just don't like the idea of it. I always hated Twilight, I've never seen the TV show Teen Wolf and never plan to because it's just such a poor trope. Where are my weird nerdy vampires who just want to be able to eat garlic bread again - I need them in my life :lol:
That being said, the movie Teen Wolf with Michael J Fox is one of my favourite films, and part of that is that as attractive as MJF is, they don't try to emulate that when he turns into a werewolf which, let's face it, is way more realistic to what would happen if werewolves were real (I haven't seen it in so long, I've got to watch it again).
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Antipathy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:48 am

Man, it's been forever since I've posted here. Time to get back into it.

Yes, I have. Mainly short stories of Warriors with my own clans/characters.

I love writing mild horror. I love reading action + historical fiction.

I don't think I have anything I dislike to write. I can't stand reading romance-based stories.

I'm biased because I hate werewolves/vampires, but I think it's weird. I can only imagine a werewolf as a human being scraggly and nippy.

I have two short fan stories I wrote + published on a different site (it's my account). Anyone care to read them?
faithful, now and always
mister lonely

Please note that mister lonely is not finished.

iiiinothing's gonna hurt you, baby
she/her | asd/adhd | mostly inactive
Antipathy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:56 am

Do you have a notebook where you write down thoughts and ideas?
Nope. Probably would be a good idea though.

Who do you base your characters off of?
Not really anything. My characters just kinda happen. Occasionally I'll loosely base a character off of some other fictional character I like, but most my characters are entirely mine.

What kind of characters do you like to write for? Why?
Sarcastic lil' butts. Usually extremely anxious ones.

What is your way of curing writers block?
Generally, rereading one of my favorite books helps inspire me to write, though usually it gives me a new idea for a story rather than motivation to continue an old one -_-

Do you find that writing provides a distraction from your life, or that it makes you painfully more aware of it?
It's a distraction, definitely. Often when I'm thinking about something I don't want to be thinking about, I'll start asking myself questions about my characters as a go-to thing to distract myself.

Yep, though it's been forever. I don't really write fanfiction anymore, since I tend to have trouble writing other people's characters.

Adventure or spec fic, for both. I enjoy writing historical fiction too, though not reading it quite so much.

Romance, just like everyone else.

It's... kind or weird?? Why does everyone want to date monsters? What about your boyfriend turning into a mindless monster/being an undead monster who lives on blood sounds at all appealing? What makes violence seem attractive? Why is this a thing????
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:26 pm

Have you ever written fanfiction? If yes, what was it of? If no, would you consider it? No, but sure, I'd consider it. I just don't think I'd be good at it tbh.. I like writing my own characters, not someone else's.

What is your favorite genre to write? Read? I love to write fantasy ;D And not even kidding: 90% of the books I've read are in some way related to horses. And I've never even written a story about horses ;p But I love horses lmao

What is your least favorite genre to write? Read? Straight up romance on both accounts..

What are your thoughts on werewolves and vampires always being "hot" or "sexy" in YA novels? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I hate it XD
case closed.
---

Dudez, somehow I have actually managed to find music I can listen to while writing! Music always bothers me when writing but somehow.. this doesn't? The guy who does it calls himself Pogo, and the music is just so easy to listen to :0 I think it's because there are very few words in his songs. Anyone who needs music for writing should totally check them out!

Smol question:

Code: Select all
[b]Can you listen to music with lyrics, or can you only listen to instrumental music while writing?[/b]
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me