❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:46 pm

anxious ghost wrote:sooo my laptop died
like, bricked
so i haven't been writing
but i don't wanna fall out of the swing of things again but i also have a hard time typing on my phone

hopefully you peeps have had better luck than i have
oh, crap. You haven't lost it all though right?

Eyyy thanks Dec! ^-^
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby harmonizing » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:02 pm

how do y'all usually avoid tropes? i've been going through trope websites, and i use a lot of them without trying to, so I'm trying to spice it up
ImageImageImage
.hi, im harmonizing,
.but i go by shiny! ✩
things i enjoy [in no
..particular order]:
..binging tv shows
strawberry lemonade
writing & vis. design
.human psychology
.......sleeping in
discord;
shiny#3376
tfm/a801;
shinymoo#0000

harmonizing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sciencin' » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:32 pm

harmonizing wrote:how do y'all usually avoid tropes? i've been going through trope websites, and i use a lot of them without trying to, so I'm trying to spice it up

I don't think using tropes is necessarily a bad thing? Tropes aren't necessarily 'overused cliches', just story elements and I'm pretty sure it's impossible to write a really good story without using at least a few tropes. Some of them should be avoided but others are just genres/themes/character types/dynamics/basic plots and stuff like that so it's kinda tough to avoid them entirely. :v
i have rats. i will forfeit all my digital possessions to own digital rats. give me your rats. trade me your rats. i will treasure them.
Sciencin'

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:39 am

Yeah! What Sci said! If you’re unsure how to use a trope well, you can find your favorite book and compare it. See what it did well and stuff. OverlySarcasticProductions also has a series on youtube called “trope talks” where they go over the mechanics of various tropes, where they’re used, and sometimes why they’re so popular.

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShinyMisty » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:04 pm

I was going around in the forum and stumbled on this place. It is my HOME!

I have the ideas to write, and I have everything thought out and even, at some point, the "skeleton" of these ideas are written...

I get ready to write. Get out my writing program...
and find a new thing to watch on Crunchyroll or Youtube and forget I ever had a story to write. (I guess I eat a carrot along with it now, seeing the post on the first page). XD

I guess the main reason I can't write anymore it seems is because, about 5 or so years ago, when I was looking for someone to read through my stories for errors, they attacked me on what they thought the story was about, never let me explain myself, and went into my reviews and attacked me on my grammar and spelling and it just ruined me. I am afraid to post my writing because I worry it'll happen again and I worry to look for proof-readers and such because I worry the same thing'll happen again.

So I hold these ideas, write down things to not forget about said ideas and then hide under my rock like a lazy slug.

S-sorry if this isn't the place for this...
Imagexxx
x
x

ShinyMisty | She¤Her |
ImageImageImage
ShinyMisty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:37 pm

Hiiiiii welcome-welcome!! And yes watch out fo them carrots XD

U g h that suuuucks. Jerks. Even if the writing is bad in your opinion (which I'm sure it wasn't!) you shouldn't treat people like that :./ Does writing work for you if you don't post it?

If you want a cheerleader at some point, I don't critique at all unless specifically asked to, so I'm usually pretty safe if you're ever feeling brave enough XD

ETA: anyone looking for a Camp NaNo cabin? c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:53 am

Oof, I do.
Does anyone have any suggestions for dragon names? I have a story but no names for any of the characters. I'm distinguishing between the various important characters with misspellings of the word character

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dashie26 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:39 am

Haha, at some point instead of thinking up tricky or meaningful names- I'll just look at a character ( or their description/personality) and go " You look like an Aaron." and be done with it. Anyone else like this right now? I'm wondering if it's a common phase or if I'm simply weird.

( My old naming way came up with stuff that might suit a dragon, by the way. In case you like one: Draconium, Nefiri, Ephrim, Spirius, Demius, Arcanim, Aerina)
She/They
Pansexual
[center]-Art shop
Dashie26

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:54 am

ShinyMisty wrote:I have the ideas to write, and I have everything thought out and even, at some point, the "skeleton" of these ideas are written...

I get ready to write. Get out my writing program...
and find a new thing to watch on Crunchyroll or Youtube and forget I ever had a story to write. (I guess I eat a carrot along with it now, seeing the post on the first page). XD

Okay, first up, Mood. I either get stuck worldbuilding on my own or distracted like so. It's a miracle anything gets written over here.

On the topic of proofers and cheer squads, Ranger's great. They read everyone's stuff. I know what it feels like to have a written idea attacked on what it looks like it should be, which, no matter how you look at it, isn't really "constructive criticism" because at that point, there's not much "constructive" going on. If you want someone to look for mechanics and grammar stuff, I can take a look and tell you what's going well and what might need some ironing out >^.^<

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Does anyone have any suggestions for dragon names? I have a story but no names for any of the characters. I'm distinguishing between the various important characters with misspellings of the word character

You got five things for each character? If you give me five words either related to or describing each character you need a name for, I can generate some fake words for you. How many do you want? Lucifix came up with some good ones.

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:13 am

Lucifix, I do that sometimes, but I do like using real names, idk why, but I think they're usually just easier to remember

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me