❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:41 pm

(I'm actually writing right now, Lol.)
But I'm tired and sick and I might fail today. nuuu.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:43 pm

Fairy Prince wrote:I didn't even finish one advent day, so y'all who gave up partway through still did infinitely better than me.

In more positive news, I just found the site Notebook.ai, which is place to organize worldbuilding stuff. I haven't been using it long, but it seems really cool and well-designed!!

That looks awesome! The only problem is that it is moving very slowly for me... I will probably use it a bit. :)
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NyxxofStars » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:28 pm

Fairy Prince wrote:I didn't even finish one advent day, so y'all who gave up partway through still did infinitely better than me.

In more positive news, I just found the site Notebook.ai, which is place to organize worldbuilding stuff. I haven't been using it long, but it seems really cool and well-designed!!

Ooh, it seems like it's still super new from the looks of the forum! I really enjoy the layout of it though, it seems more organized than scrivener! I don't really like that it has "premium features" that you have to pay for though.
Surviving
ImageImageImage

Gabriel aka the most problematic fav
NyxxofStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:52 pm

Don't worry guys, I didn't even commit; and it's the thought that counts, right? XD

Fairy Prince wrote:In more positive news, I just found the site Notebook.ai, which is place to organize worldbuilding stuff. I haven't been using it long, but it seems really cool and well-designed!!
Oh, how does it work? c:

Hey, Nyxx! You're back!!
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NyxxofStars » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:54 pm

Ranger of the North wrote:
Don't worry guys, I didn't even commit; and it's the thought that counts, right? XD

Fairy Prince wrote:In more positive news, I just found the site Notebook.ai, which is place to organize worldbuilding stuff. I haven't been using it long, but it seems really cool and well-designed!!
Oh, how does it work? c:

Hey, Nyxx! You're back!!

Haha I've sort of been lurking. I'm on the discord pretty regularly, I just don't usually say much :)
Surviving
ImageImageImage

Gabriel aka the most problematic fav
NyxxofStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yubel Fated » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:12 pm

So far the beginning of Tempting Fate has been violent. Showing Lukas to be.... Well I can't say here. But he's prone to strike out when angry. Which is 99 percent of the time.

Should I keep going with this route or have Ari have a happier beginning? Lukas could probably be out on a trip while Autumn and Ari kinda just nope outta there.

Ive had one draft where Ari was at least a bit normal. I think it started with him filling out paperwork for Team Rocket or something to get out of it as someone, Archer, accidentally burnt the place down whilst Giovanni was gone. Actually yeah that was how it started out. He and his mother having a bit of an argument because he wanted to go away again. (At this point he's been through ****** and Rocket)

Changing this also requires changing chapter 1 because Ari wouldn't be scratched by a Liepard.

Though he'll have enough trouble with Team Plasma already. So maybe no drama would be better? That kind of Parent trope is kinda overused but meh. :T Ju-just meh.

Ranger, from what you've seen do you like Lukas as a beginning antagonist? (Yes he and Autumn are mine too. I forgot to say that in PM bc i momentarily forgot about his parents xD) I mean he never shows up past the Prologue because I have no clue how to shoehorn him in with the rest of my plot and the plot of pokemans. So at this point he's a short ended plot point that basically serves no purpose and never really shows up again.

I'd thought about integrating him into the story as the main boss, but that'd make no sense. It would also make -spoiler- his brother... Well adopted brother for original story reasons. Spoiler reasons. You should probably Play Black or White reasons. Not much context is really needed but it's highly encouraged.

Chuggaaconroy's Lping the game if you do want context but don't want to play it for yourself

Also Autumn cant cook. Which is funny.

I'm not your protagonist I'm not even my own
I don't know anything I don't even know what I don't know

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

╔══════════════╗
Name: Shadow
Profile: Judai/Jaden Yuki
Previous: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~
╚══════════════╝

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

The artificial way the sunlight bounces off of
g̸̢̮̥̏͝l̷͔̘͍̑̍͝ì̶̛̠̖̒t̸̢̰̩̀̔̾̕c̴̨̘͌̄̈́̿h̶̡͙͔̫̆͜͝í̴̝̎͛̀n̵̡̘̰̈́̔ḡ̷̢̨̫̬̓̀ leaves

────────────────

Yubel Fated

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:10 pm

Merry Christmas guys! Hope y'all had a great day, I did.
Also! I finished the Advent Challenge, yay!

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:29 pm

A bit of a late merry Christmas/happy holidays/happy December 25th to everyone and congrats to everyone who actually did the advent challenge and completed it!

(I might be taking a bit of a break from the thread for a while, I'll be lurking sometimes but I probably won't be posting for a while)
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:41 pm

Merpy Christmidays! Random challenge/prompt thing. Using word choice and tone in your writing, write a scene that gives this sentence emotion:

"You don't fight well with others," she said.

A quote out of context for the greater good. My creative writing teacher absolutely hates words like announced or cried or exclaimed as a substitute for said. His reasons are that the way the person should have said it should be evident by their actions before and after, the words they used, and the tone of the scene in general. I've personally taken it as a challenge in my writing and thought I'd share something that came up in conversation today >^.^<

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:47 pm

I highly disagree with your teacher, I find it so boring if you just use said over and over, especially if someone is asking a question it sounds so wrong in my mind and sometimes a sentence needs help from the tag to define what exactly it was meant to accomplish.

TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me