{ INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: { INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:52 am

Pyjaks wrote:well HELLO everyone long time no speak!! I have...barely written over the last 2-ish years. Like Merlin I've been completely consumed with academic writing and just haven't had the time or desire to write for pleasure :< But with the pandemic I've been slooooowly getting back into it.

Describe the story you're currently working on - badly.

Young boy decides famine, plague and war can be defeated with the combined powers of optimism and friendship
Py returns as well! This is like a family reunion XD Your badly-described plot legit just sounds like 2020. Here's to hoping the end pans out the same, eh? XD (...he is correct, right?)

blackbird. wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:
Merlin returns! Hiiii - how have you been, it's been so long! Are you doing Camp NaNo at all this month? c:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      i'm a week late but i suddenly remembered it's july and camp nano month and i want to join even if i'm late! do we have a cs cabin this time? c:
We do, of a sort! I'm sorry, I'm absolutely awful at remembering other peoples' usernames across sites - what was yours again?? 😂 (And have you updated your profile since the site update?)

.Kira Nightblade. wrote:does anybody have any name suggestions for what to call a group of people with superpowers? My first thought was prodigy's but.. that's taken lol
Um... Superheroes? XD Hybrids?
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Kira Nightblade. » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:56 am

Actually that'll work, thanks XD I would've done superheroes but not all of them are superheroes, or even villains if that makes sense XD
vibin
Sae the Fae#6926 on discord
.Kira Nightblade.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:46 pm

.Kira Nightblade. wrote:Actually that'll work, thanks XD I would've done superheroes but not all of them are superheroes, or even villains if that makes sense XD
Glad I could help 😂
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackbird. » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:41 am

blackbird. wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:
Merlin returns! Hiiii - how have you been, it's been so long! Are you doing Camp NaNo at all this month? c:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      i'm a week late but i suddenly remembered it's july and camp nano month and i want to join even if i'm late! do we have a cs cabin this time? c:
We do, of a sort! I'm sorry, I'm absolutely awful at remembering other peoples' usernames across sites - what was yours again?? 😂 (And have you updated your profile since the site update?)

i feel like a dinosaur but i have no idea what's happening with the site update hahahah my username is blackbird_xx c:

blackbird.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:13 pm

blackbird. wrote:
      i feel like a dinosaur but i have no idea what's happening with the site update hahahah my username is blackbird_xx c:
Invite sent!..O h..heck yeah the new site is kind of a meessss XD’:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonblaze-Angel » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:07 pm

Describe the story you're currently working on - badly

Girl gets a bad case of Stockholm Syndrome with her new powers after her 'rescuers' feed her

Look at y'all actually doing camp nano. You'll kick some booty I believe
Moonblaze-Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:48 pm

I'm only doing Camp NaNo badly XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackbird. » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:59 pm

for a control freak and massive planner like me, going into camp nano completely blind is really...interesting. whether it's good or bad will have to see!

also, where do you guys publish your original fiction? i know wattpad exists, but i feel like i've sort of outgrown the demographic. any other sites/communities that you use/suggest? c:

blackbird.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:00 pm

blackbird. wrote:
      for a control freak and massive planner like me, going into camp nano completely blind is really...interesting. whether it's good or bad will have to see!

also, where do you guys publish your original fiction? i know wattpad exists, but i feel like i've sort of outgrown the demographic. any other sites/communities that you use/suggest? c:
That does sound like an interesting experience XD

I... honestly don't anymore, heh. I just keep them in google documents now, usually, and share that. The gratification from publishing stuff and getting feedback on it always makes me drop stories (it's like it flips a switch in my brain that decides 'people have paid attention to this and like it? yay! must be finished!' which apparently is an actual thing, and explained so much when I first heard about it from a source outside of myself), and just gives me one more thing to delete at some point when I regret publicising it - and I haven't actually finished anything for years - so I kinda just. stopped doing that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Piefan » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:58 am

blackbird. wrote:

If you write long-form fiction, your best bet is to post it on WordPress or Blogspot and apply to have it added to webfictionguide. Web serials have a good market, though you'll have to maintain a very consistent schedule on top of good writing if you want to get popular, and there are certain conventions and concessions to the genre. I'd recommend looking into some of the more popular works (see topwebfiction) to get a good idea of things.

Reddit has a decent readerbase too, but it's hard to get attention if you're writing completely original fiction. Mostly the authors on there write responses to prompts, and sometimes they form enough of a fanbase to make their own subreddit where they might post their own stuff.
I'm socially awkward and sometimes terse - don't mind me.
Piefan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me