{ INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: { INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Postby blackbird. » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:24 am

@ranger
      thank you!! ^^ glad to be back!
      wrt: logue's story - gahh you are like the bestest at writing nature?? like the way you describe everything is so vivid and poetic and you're so amazing! you're so so good at descriptions c: teach me your ways
      wrt: war girl - why. why must you do this to me. as if i really really wanted to cry? rude! okay but for real it's so beautifully heart-breaking, and the protag is so real and the way you describe her emotions is so raw that it evokes such a strong imagey and response. also "The thing is, when you kill yourself to grief, you kill yourself to healing." is just so true and so wise and i love that you mentioned it and brought it to her loss because that makes it 100x more real and 100x more poignant. <3

@kira_nightblade
      omggg the ending! that cliffhanger! i mean i get that it's meant to be a bit vague and that's what makes it to enjoyably frustrating! and in the short amount of time there's already such complexity to the characters, like Kaza's betrayal isn't black/white and as a reader i love that i can both criticise and empathise with her! great job!!

@songofthestars
      i like it a lot!! got me cringing a bit at the horrific imagery and the torture part but that only means that it was well-written! Diocore is honestly not sympathetic even though he comes from a good place - making him understandable but not excusable. honestly poor Kwet!! i really really feel for him :c okay so are you going to continue this because i really want to know what happens next!
blackbird.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Kira Nightblade. » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:51 am

@Blackbird.

Thank you so so much! <3 (I may possibly write a prequel or sequel, idk)
vibin
Sae the Fae#6926 on discord
.Kira Nightblade.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:32 pm

blackbird. wrote:
      @ranger
      thank you!! ^^ glad to be back!
      wrt: logue's story - gahh you are like the bestest at writing nature?? like the way you describe everything is so vivid and poetic and you're so amazing! you're so so good at descriptions c: teach me your ways
      wrt: war girl - why. why must you do this to me. as if i really really wanted to cry? rude! okay but for real it's so beautifully heart-breaking, and the protag is so real and the way you describe her emotions is so raw that it evokes such a strong imagey and response. also "The thing is, when you kill yourself to grief, you kill yourself to healing." is just so true and so wise and i love that you mentioned it and brought it to her loss because that makes it 100x more real and 100x more poignant. <3
Aaaah, I don't even know how to say thank you, that means so much hhh <3 <3
I'm so glad you enjoyed my descriptions; I really enjoy writing them, but have been feeling like I haven't been doing a great job lately; so that's really amazing to hear :D
lkgfgsfshfhkhfyhfhf thank you so dang much I can't even express how much your words mean to me?? Thank you so, so much <3 That's so kind of you to see and to say and I just ah I just can ' t *hugs tightly*
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raey » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:59 am

Hey there,
    I currently own the Writer's Index in the Writing Board (this topic in case you do not know which one I am talking about: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3600342 ).
    However; already for a while, I am not able to really take care of it, keep it updated and make it into an actual database for writing topics as it was thought to be.
    Therefore I want to change ownership to someone with more time and interest in keeping it running.
    If you are interested in doing this, please sent me a message :3
raey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby connoisseur » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:18 am

Wow, it's been a while since I last visited and posted on this thread.
        I guess it's not as popular and active as it used to be. Perhaps we've all gotten busy with our lives. I hope everyone is doing well.

Last night, while I was writing my literary analysis, I had sudden ideas/plots for writing, and honestly... I enjoy knowing that what I want to write is no longer naive or typical cliche plots. I guess maybe after writing about the literature in my paper, I've realized that it's much more interesting to leave the reader questioning what happened.

But I have such a headache from the literary analysis essay...

I'm going to revisit my previous and old writings I have on this site.
        Maybe I'll start up my personal writing thread again.
listography || my writings
"Tell me something about my existence. Whether profound or ruse."
- David Adjaye
connoisseur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:37 pm

Yeah, the writing conversations kinda died, ha. But that sounds great! What was your idea, can you say anything about it? c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greenleaf » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:37 pm

Hey folks! I hope the writing is going well for you all. :)

I read a discussion on another writer’s group that I follow, and that made me want to ask you all:

Code: Select all
[b]What is your editing process like? Do you edit online or offline?[/b]

Personally, I do the majority of my writing on google docs, and I usually find myself editing online and making new drafts/documents as necessary. However, I do occasionally enjoy printing my work and going over it with pen. It feels oddly satisfying that way, lol.

I feel like my editing process is otherwise pretty scattered. I usually write short stories with fairly straightforward plotlines, so I don’t really have any experience with serious plot overhauling or anything. However, sometimes I’ll pull up two windows, a blank document alongside the original draft, and just rewrite the whole thing word by word from scratch, making any necessary edits or additions/removals as I go along. I feel like that helps me get unblocked if I’m ever stuck, or just gives me a fresh perspective on a piece that’s otherwise “finished”. Sometimes I just do line edits, though, and my different ‘drafts’ are just the exact same writing with super minor variations, lol. It really depends on the piece I’m working on.

-------'-'------
Chinese ● queer
bi ace ● musician

------------''--
--------------------
#BlackLivesMatter
click here.

--------------------
-----'--'-------
Li 立 ● she/ze ●
student ● writer

-------'----'---
Greenleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:10 pm

What is your editing process like? Do you edit online or offline?
Send help, I'm still trying to write the thing XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Kira Nightblade. » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:13 pm

Ranger of the North wrote:

Completely me tbh
vibin
Sae the Fae#6926 on discord
.Kira Nightblade.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:17 pm

Kira_Nightblade wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:
Completely me tbh
Ahahaha XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me