{ INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: { INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Postby leachface » Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:24 am

Hi I just joined the group from the main page, just wanted to share my writing journey and hope it inspires others that might be in similar situations as myself.

So I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember, as a young teen it was my biggest passion growing up. I would create all kinds of stories. I remember my first one start to finish was about a yellow striped cat his name was TabbyClaw 😂 I honestly don’t know. He had a friend a Yorkshire terrier sadly I forgot his name. Anyways TabbyClaw ventures out of his home into the backyard and travels into the forest curious to see the world beyond his owners home. But also because he and his friend got into a big fight and he ran away. Eventually (I forgot what happened) the two reunite reconciling their everlasting friendship.
That was the only story I ever finished writing and I was a young teen, I never published it and honestly it’s long lost I wrote it on paper and stuck the pages together with string.

Not even a year later I planned my first story involving humans I just drew two characters that day a boy and a girl. And somehow that struck a very interesting story involving a paranormal mystery.

In grade eight or nine I had a substitute teacher, he gave my class about 3 days to write a Halloween Essay. No word limit, I was so excited! I spent all my time writing and wrote a comedy zombie adventure, keeping the gore and whatnot to a limit and if it was in the story I made it be funny rather than… you know? That story was the longest I had ever written 10 pages front and back. I got an A+ it made me so happy to finally have someone aside from my family read what I wrote and enjoy it.

When I became an adult… I had a long writing hiatus, this was due to a burn out from mental health issues and depression. It took me many many years before I felt that inspiration to write again.. and guess what I still love writing, I never stopped loving it. I’m still working on that paranormal mystery story, except I’ve revised the plot. And have learned many new writing techniques since then.

Moral of the story, no matter how long it takes no matter what you think you can or can’t do. Don’t you ever give up on your passions, they don’t give up on you. Create, inspire, have fun. You only have one life and if you love writing and love what you do. Don’t let others get in your way of your happiness and passions! Write on!

>< also, I may not be ready to share my writing yet as I’m typing it on my phone… I moved recently so my laptop is not with me. But I’d very much love to help anyone here or be a beta reader! Good luck fellow writers!

Bertholdt Hoover is the best <3
leachface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me