{ INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: { INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Postby blackbird. » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:57 pm

hello!
      it's been...a month(?) since this place was active but i'm wondering if anyone is doing nanowrimo?
      it'll be my first time doing it (i've only done the camps) so i'm pretty nervous/excited and it'd be so nice if we had a cs writing group/community the way camp nano does (even if i'm hardly ever on cs)! or you can just add me as a writing friend (i think that's a thing?) and we can try to support each other during nano~
blackbird.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThaliaGrace » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:10 am

ohhh that sounds cool! i think i tried a nanowrimo a while back but gave up because i was doing it alone. that sounds like an excellent idea!

xxxxxxxxxxx
"Imagination is the only weapon in
the war against reality"

Queer
She/her/hers
American

"Or perhaps in Slytherin; You'll make your real friends; These cunning folks use any means; To achieve their ends."
xxxxxxxxxxx
ThaliaGrace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose.bloom » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:21 pm

its been probably years since I've posted here but hiiii guys!

a little background I used to be super into writing and one a few competitions but it seems the older I get the less creative I get or something. for the life of me I can't sit down and come up with something to write. I'm not sure what is is, I think I get overly judgmental of any idea I get but even if I do kinda just say ef it and start writing, I get a page deep and scrap it. nothing works, even writing prompts like I can't write a story too because I just think that everything I come up with has been written before and ugh,

I know this is just typical writers block but its been going on several years like this and writing used to be one of my favorite hobbies and I used to be quite good. being on lockdown and what not i want to pick it up again but can't for the life of me. any suggestions? has anyone had this experience and were you able to get out of it? I'm just so frustrated I really miss loving writing and miss being creative :/
rose.bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NopesaurusRexx » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:11 am

rose.bloom wrote:its been probably years since I've posted here but hiiii guys!

a little background I used to be super into writing and one a few competitions but it seems the older I get the less creative I get or something. for the life of me I can't sit down and come up with something to write. I'm not sure what is is, I think I get overly judgmental of any idea I get but even if I do kinda just say ef it and start writing, I get a page deep and scrap it. nothing works, even writing prompts like I can't write a story too because I just think that everything I come up with has been written before and ugh,

I know this is just typical writers block but its been going on several years like this and writing used to be one of my favorite hobbies and I used to be quite good. being on lockdown and what not i want to pick it up again but can't for the life of me. any suggestions? has anyone had this experience and were you able to get out of it? I'm just so frustrated I really miss loving writing and miss being creative :/

Definitely have had this experience! I often do the "I want to publish this it HAS to be perfect" and just lose interest in whatever I'm working on. I find in these times I need to step away and just let whatever my brain wants to write, write, no matter how good it is. Lately, all it wants to do is fanfiction, so I've been letting it and it restarts a spark that gets me going again. When you feel bogged down just let whatever wants out, out. No matter how good or bad it is. You could try some challenges or prompts, but sometimes I feel like those don't do anything for me. I hope this helps! I know not all advice works for some people, so I'm hoping you find a way to get writing again.

"You wanna make yourself useful?"
"Not particularly."

ALL PETS IN THE GROUPS MARKED TRADE GROUP ARE CURRENTLY FREE
NopesaurusRexx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Kira Nightblade. » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:55 am

How is writing going for everyone rn?
Honestly it's been REALLY slow for me, rn I'm working out the details of a retelling mashup of The Wild Swans X The Little Mermaid for a writing contest (assuming I can finish it in time haha)
vibin
Sae the Fae#6926 on discord
.Kira Nightblade.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minimire » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:33 am

wow this thread has been dead for more than half a year! let's try to bring it back to life
    anyone writing anything recently?
minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NopesaurusRexx » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:10 am

minimire wrote:
    wow this thread has been dead for more than half a year! let's try to bring it back to life

I've been writing what I call my "secret project." I'm writing some books under a pen name and there are certain people I don't want to know it is me. Hence the secret part. It's actually been going pretty good when I find the time to write! This year has been hectic!

"You wanna make yourself useful?"
"Not particularly."

ALL PETS IN THE GROUPS MARKED TRADE GROUP ARE CURRENTLY FREE
NopesaurusRexx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:07 am

minimire wrote:

working on a scifi novel and then also just some general little prompts,

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JustDucky » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:59 pm

Hello! I was wondering if I could join? With NaNoWrMo coming up I was hoping to ask if anyone has any plans for it?
ʆɩȵӄ credit
x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Don't let your dreams stay memes."

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 36 people.
I have received 31 gifts.

She/Her
JustDucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cswolf. » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:06 pm

I am going to attempt to do NaNoWriMo this year but it's not going to be a typical year for me. I am probably going to do a collection of unrelated short stories in one book or a collection of personal memories and treasures in one book.
The aim of my journey this year is to just write for extended periods of time and complete...something.
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me