Fit for a Queen (pet diary) | 1/3

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Fit for a Queen (pet diary) | 1/3

Postby Daffana » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:44 am

Greetings, fellow subjects. My name is Celuna. I rule Daffana. My artist, Blaze:

Has kindly drawn a portrait of me.

Yes, I'm beautiful, I know. No need to remind me. Anyway, my daughter, Princess Snowtail (Also drawn by Blaze):
has purchased a sparkly new diary for me. I shall address it as... hmm... Ah, my old brain isn't working as it used to. Old brain! Yes, that's what it shall be called. Dear Old Brain...

And also, my sister, Princess Valentine (drawn by Blaze, again, must remember to give extra seeds today):
Gave me a nice green pen to write in.

So I shall write in Old Brain every day!

I'd really appreciate it if you took the time to reply to this, even if it's just to say your favourite character or what a character reminds you of or what you had for tea! I just really like that people are taking the time out of their day to read my story, and I'd love to know your thoughts as well.

All OOS things are
quoted.
Last edited by Daffana on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
I won't be as active on CS as before - sorry!
Hi! My name's Emerald,
but I go by the name Em
or Daff.

lemony snicket
whooo ignore my signature it's ugly

Image Image Image

ImageImageImage
Daffana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

An Eventful Day!

Postby Daffana » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:00 am

Dear Old Brain,
Today I woke up to yelling. Honestly, I sometimes never have any control over Daffana. So I got up from my luxurious snooze, and stalked down the stairs. Jasmine, the Manager of Cats,
was waiting patiently for me at the bottom. "What is it Jasmine?" I demanded.
"Look!" she meowed frantically, pointing with her tail to the window.
'Stupid cats,' I thought to myself. Then looked at the window in shock. There were millions, hundreds, gazillions, of animals. I flew over to the door, asking the guards to open it.
^^The guards at the door
I flew outside, and met Emerald, the ancient goat. She was queen; once. I think she's the oldest animal in Daffana now though.
Anyway, I asked her what was going on. "The orphanage be protestin' dearie. They're annoyed 'bout not bein' adopted when all them other orphans gots a home."
"Well, they're staying put! I'm not letting any other empire take OUR children!" I declared, loud enough for the orphans to hear. Their tails drooped, and a few courageous ones looked up to glare at me. I raised my tail for silence. "You are staying with Daffana. Nobody's adopting anybody." And with that, the castle grounds were cleared.

Well, what an eventful morning!

Now, onto lunch. Some hours later at noon, I fluttered into the Great Dining Hall of Dining Hallness, and took a seat. I could not believe my old eyes.
Hi! My name's Emerald,
but I go by the name Em
or Daff.

lemony snicket

Image Image Image

ImageImageImage
Daffana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

How Improper!

Postby Daffana » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:40 am

Everyone was wearing PARTY HATS! How rude! How improper! How common! "Care to join us?" Choco, Jasmine's adopted son invited.
"No, I actually DON'T care to join you," I snapped impatiently, "and wipe that smirk off your face before I claw it off. And take off those hats! So INFORMAL, UNPROFESSIONAL, IMPROPER, and COMMON! We're the royal household, for Tess' sake! I watched with delight as everyone obeyed me, shrinking back and tipping their hats off. Gosh! "Now, would someone please explain WHAT the zebras is going on?
"W-w-we th-thought we might c-celebrate g-getting rid-d of th-the orphans," Princess Snowtail stammered.
"Well I don't think we might celebrate getting rid of the orphans, do you?" I demanded.
"No," everyone chorused.
"Good. Now eat your food and stop fussing."

Honestly! Some animals. So I took my seat at the throne, and began munching on my gravy-coated cat-in-the-hole. I didn't tell Jasmine that, of course. Anyway, it's not like it's me who killed the cat! My chefs did!
ImageImageImageImage
Anyway, that's it for lunch. This is Queen Celuna, signing off!
Last edited by Daffana on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! My name's Emerald,
but I go by the name Em
or Daff.

lemony snicket

Image Image Image

ImageImageImage
Daffana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A More Eventful Afternoon

Postby Daffana » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:57 am

In the afternoon, everyone just got on with their thing. So I decided to talk to Dressia.
"Dressia."
"Dressia here. What is it, your highness?"
"You're a great chef. But you don't cook much, do you?"
"No."
"But you manage and boss around a lot, don't you?"
"Yes..."
"And you like it, and you're good at it, right?"
"Yaa..."
"How would you like a new job in running an entire restraunt?"
"But who will pay me?"
"Your customers silly!"
"So are you firing me?"
"No! Most certainly not. But I'd pay to get your company set up, if you pay extra tax back once the place is on a roll."
"You're the queen, your majesty, you can pull out as much money as you want from anyone. Why me?"
"I thought it was a good deal, and anyway, with my help, you'd be earning loads more than you were paying in."
"No. I'm head chef, and always will be."

Well, that didn't go well, did it? Anyway, I went back and sat in my rooms (yes, rooms, not room) until dinner.

When I came into the Great Dining Hall of Dining Hallness, I saw Dressia giving me funny looks. The chefs and food didn't look as organised as they usually were.
"Sorry," I muttered.
Strangely, everyone was quiet at the table. They probably sensed the tension in the air. Soon, the silence became too much for me to bear, and I broke it.
"So how was your day?" I asked to nobody in particular. Still silence. Huh.
"How RUDE! You ANSWER me when I ask you a question!" There was a quiet hubbub. I gave up.
Hi! My name's Emerald,
but I go by the name Em
or Daff.

lemony snicket

Image Image Image

ImageImageImage
Daffana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

School!

Postby Daffana » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:01 am

Dear Old Brain,
Today I'm visiting the Orphanage to teach at their school about 'royal life'. Honestly, I don't see why they have to butt into my personal life! Come to think about it, I AM the queen, and could easily say no at any time, so could any other Daffanian. But hey, if those orphans need a bashing, I'll give them a bashing!

So I set off for the orphanage. It was on the other side of Daffana, so their stink wouldn't travel over to the castle grounds. I decided to fly for most of the journey and then walk the rest of the way when my wings were tired and aching. I asked Blaze to fly with me, to give them an art lesson and help me fly (after all, he's a bird; he does fly a lot).

On the way, I met a little rat. A baby, at most.
"What are you doing?" I demanded, putting on my most posh voice.
"Squea-fwuff!"
"WHAT‽"
"Squea-fwuff!"
"WHAT‽"
And so on and so forth. Eventually, though, I somehow got past.
Last edited by Daffana on Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hi! My name's Emerald,
but I go by the name Em
or Daff.

lemony snicket

Image Image Image

ImageImageImage
Daffana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Princess Harmonia

Postby Daffana » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:08 am

Dear Old Brain,
I'm at the orphanage! But the most strange thing happened today! I have no idea how or why!

So I finally arrived at the orphanage. As I walked in though, I saw the strangest wolf ever!
"Who on earth are you?" I spat, staring into her lifeless eyes. Her eyes, blank they may be, seemed to show emotion. In them, I saw a subtle, but fierce at the same time somehow, sadness and pain and suffering and desparacy.
"I'm your daughter." she said after a while. What nonsense! I looked wildly around for guards.
"Mother, if only you could remember. I've been looking after the Orphanage Side whilst you hold your stupid selfish nose up at the castle. The orphans look up to me as their real queen, not you. Because I actually care. I actually try to rule properly unlike you. It's not your fault. Everything has changed." I froze.
"I must go."
"No, you must not go. Listen. These candles, you see?"
"Yes?"
"Each of these flames represents a life. I have lost a life to look after the orphanage. I may not live this life any longer. Treat the orphanage properly. I think I know what my next life is for."
"So you have nine lives like a pathetic cat? Ha-ha! Ha-ha! Hehehehehe hahahaha hooohooohoo! Pathetic little girl." But something about her made her seem not so pathetic.
Last edited by Daffana on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hi! My name's Emerald,
but I go by the name Em
or Daff.

lemony snicket

Image Image Image

ImageImageImage
Daffana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fit for a Queen (pet diary)

Postby :.Unbroken.: » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:50 am

I like it :3
:.Unbroken.:

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fit for a Queen (pet diary)

Postby Daffana » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:17 am

brooooke1234 wrote:I like it :3

Thank you! ^w^
Hi! My name's Emerald,
but I go by the name Em
or Daff.

lemony snicket

Image Image Image

ImageImageImage
Daffana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Teaching the Orphans

Postby Daffana » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:33 pm

Dear Old Brain,
Okay. I'm going to the orphanage now to teach. Let's throw that mad girl out of my mind.

So I'm there! The orphans are cute, I must admit. They're all excited and obedient. I almost feel sorry for turning them down. Then I shook my fur. No. You are the queen. You must be stern, so everyone knows their place.

"Hello orphans. Welcome to my lesson. Today we are learning about royal life. Now, I expect you all to behave and be good."
"Yes Queen Celuna!" they chimed. How cute! I'll make sure I don't fall for it though; I won't let them intrude my personal life. I'll just make them jealous!
"So, at the castle, we wake up whenever we want. Our servants do everything for us, you know. So they get us dressed, brush our teeth, cook for us, entertain us, everything." I waited for them to look jealous and desperate. No? "We even get our on floors! I have the very top floor." Still nothing? "SPEAK YOU WORTHLESS BEINGS!" I yelled, fed up.
"Yes, Queen Celuna! We are speaking!"
"Haha. Very funny."

Eventually though, I got through the lesson. But the orphans aren't exactly as dull and stupid as I thought.
Last edited by Daffana on Mon May 18, 2015 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! My name's Emerald,
but I go by the name Em
or Daff.

lemony snicket

Image Image Image

ImageImageImage
Daffana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

On the Way Back

Postby Daffana » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:36 am

Dear Old Brain,
Okay, right now I'm on my way back from the Orphanage. I'm going through the forest. And guess who I met? Ugh. You guessed it.
Image<---This idiot
"What are you doing here?" I demanded, putting all four paws on the ground and puffing out my chest to look as dominating as possible. After all, she has to know who's boss.
"I could ask you the same question. What are you doing talking to a loser like me?" she snapped back. How terribly rude!
"How dare you speak to the queen like that! Blaze, let's get her!" Blaze, my artist owl, swooped in from above on the stupid little girl, whilst I pounced.

The wolf tucked her wings in, flattening them against her body and dived away, so me and Blaze landed in a heap, clawing dust. I grunted in frustration.
"You, yes you, you little... dimwit! You're not going to be alive very long here in Daffana!" I roared. The stupid little forest creatures didn't help. But what was this?
The silly old baby rat! I'll catch it for Jasmine; she'll enjoy a nice tasty rat for supper. I pounced but hit solid fur. The winged wolf had jumped in my path to save the annoying little prey!
"Don't."
"Why? What do you know, girl?"
"It's got a life too." And after that, I saw a mother come out and two other babies, identical to the one I was about to pounce on, and the whole family snuggled up together. It was the cutest thing I had ever seen. My jaw dropped.
"Aww! But what has this got to do with anything?"
"Keep watching." So I did. A fox cub came out, chasing another, playing a sort of game. A squirrel began digging up acorns and nibbled some.
"The forest is beautiful, don't you see your highness?"
"I do, I guess."
"The forest is part of Daffana too. It's a wonderful place, bursting with life."
Suddenly, I saw another flame disappear on the wolf's candle thing.
"My time here is over. My name is Harmonia by the way." Harmonia... That name. It brings back memories... Does it? It seems familiar, like I had come across it before...
Last edited by Daffana on Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! My name's Emerald,
but I go by the name Em
or Daff.

lemony snicket

Image Image Image

ImageImageImage
Daffana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery