Short story gallery

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Short story gallery

Postby fantasy girl » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:59 am

Short story gallery

The characters written down on this thread will all belong to me unless specified otherwise.

This will mainly involve my wild mountain equids, Cretoz unicorn, WOI, to my Crown Kirins and among whatever else I feel the inspiration to write down.
The dedication of this thread is all in the sake of developing my (adopted) characters even better, to collect their stories and thoughts down.

Any critique on my written work isn't asked for, but is welcome, but if you do have anything to point out do please PM me as I want this thread to be kept strictly to me and my writing.
fantasy girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Brynja - WME

Postby fantasy girl » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:12 am

Brynja - Wild Mountain Equid
Specie by horsy1050, design by .Ghost.

The howling wind passed through every corner it managed to squeeze itself through, rustling through the already withering leaves and shrubs. Everything was preparing itself for a cold couple of months, with trying times filled with struggle ready to pounce at any moment like a cat. Soundless at first, until it’s too late and you’re already trapped.
The creamy mane would’ve flown wildly around if it had grown out as that of a normal domesticated equine, but this mane stood its place, only being interrupted from its stand when it was swayed from side to side by the passing winds.
A series of low snorts where audible as hooves struck down onto the ground, kicking up the dying grass that held no nutrition in it no more. The emotion of frustration was easily read on the mare’s behaviour, the constant flicker of her ears and tail, and a sudden extra harsh stomp thrown into the ground that made creatures flee out of the way from the galloping mare. Not that she posed any threats in general to them; it was more of a natural instinct that kicked in. The mare with the night sky black coat and dull corn like yellow mane suddenly stopped dead in her tracks before spinning around madly kicking, squealing and lifting herself up unto her hinds. It made her look like she had lost her mind, there she snapped at the air. Though these expressions she performed weren’t that of anger, fury nor distress. No, the little mare was throwing herself wildly due to joy and to let herself go due to how she had to play ever so patient during the months where stallions roamed screaming out for any mares in heat, and the sudden flood of foals being foolish and putting themselves and others at risk. She was overjoyed, and didn’t knew how else to express it than to release the frustration that had built up inside of her.
And as soon as the tantrum had started, it ended with a long shrill whinny that was ripped along to be carried with the wind. Her icy glaze glanced around her dully, piercing into anyone who happened to fall into her view of sight. But she didn’t pay any attention to the creatures around her staring with surprise at her. Before they could take in what they had just witnessed she shook out her mane and headed down the hill she had climbed in a graceful extended trot, manoeuvring herself with sturdy hooves before she jumped down at the foot of the hill continuing her journey that would consist of roaming endlessly around the mountains and meadows she called her home. Without a glance behind her, she knew she had to be on a constant watch for danger now, the white flakes of chilling coldness would soon arrive. And she would never feel more alive.

fantasy girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Dyre - Cretoz

Postby fantasy girl » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:03 am

Dyre - Cretoz Unicorn
Specie by Ralonica Thorondor, design by LostGosling

The smoke was irrgual and short spaced, the crunch of leaves was audible between the heavy snorts if you listened carefully enough. And through the growing darkness one hauntingly green eye rolled around in it's socket, pupil narrowed, it scanned from left to right, right to left. A loud crack broke the stomping and snorts before a shrieking call was thrown out to all sides. Filled with desparation it travelled through the woodlands, attracting the wrong type of company. The rustling of leaves picked up, and it wasn't simply because of the stallion who moved restlessly around. Pants and snarls travelled through the cold air, it was like a whip had snapped on the tense body as muscles tightened and sweat rolled. His copper coloured coat glinted in the sparse light that the moon reflected down, but his neck was matted. The stallion with the striking green eye was trapped by vines who looped over his face forcefully shutting his right eye. Due to panic he had tangled himself more, and it was pressing down on his skin, rubbing the fur away and leaving the skin exposed. What had started as an innocent rub to try and get rid of some bugs had resulted with a nightmare. The snorts grew louder, and his long tail swished through the undergrowth while hooves stomped loudly. He was panicking there he threw his head back and forth, his most vital weapon useless. No one in their right minds with their instincts intact would come to the rescue. His thrasing movements kept the predators at bay. But he sensed their plan, waiting till he got too exhausted to put up a fight until they would strike. Snorts of despair and frustration continued until the brink of dawn. But even this paniced stallion who measured high off of the ground wasn't invincible. With the brink of dawn his eye was dully moving around, his breathing raspy and his coat soaked. The willpower in him was draining, and soon his body was slumped down and his eye closed, hiding the emerald. But he refused to lie down. He was not going to give them such an easy advantage.
His ears perked up at the sound of soft padding through the undergrowth, his body tensed up, the sound was coming from the right, the side he was blinded on. Even with feeling completely drained his heart sped up and his body made one last attempt at releasing the adrenaline his left eye going wild trying to catch a glimpse of whoever was coming closer, and closer.

Note:
The origin of Dyre's dextrophobia.
He survived in the end, but the fear he went through that night stayed with him, never letting go
fantasy girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rhapsody - WME

Postby fantasy girl » Wed May 06, 2015 9:28 am

Rhapsody - Wild Mountain Equid
Specie by horsy1050, design by Lilian Nightshade

The air was humid and growing unbearable, while the few rare breezes that passed through were ruthless with their tugs and pulls like a mischevious and impatient child gloating of the triumph that the sun was no where to be seen. Dusk had crawled up from the shadows and was lingering in the air until night would fall silently. A sharp snort followed with a shrill whine escaped the young colt, and his long tail swished with clear annoyance, his patience snapping for each persistent insect that bit after him, refusing to settle for the night. It was clear that he was tired and nervous having to fend for himself, his coat still damp from the rainstorm that had passed through. His eyes still shined with a clear white glint at the memory of the loud cracks and rolls that the thunder brung with it, along with the lightning shining up the sky like it was day and throwing the false promise that everything was over, everything was safe. Before it all turned dark again too quickly. His ears had ached by the loud sounds, and ached from being pinned down to his neck for hours on end while his heart galloped in his chest and his breath kept on catching in his throat as his Instincts pleaded and screamed at him to run away to safety. Back to his parents, but the blind panic's promises of safety had only lead him to travel the path of crossing unknown territories and evidently getting more and more lost.
With a shake of his head, he dropped his head and slowly started to graze at the late summer's grass while his tail swishes around him lazily, yet still holding the slight sign of irritation and frustration. His ears never caught a break there they were scouting for any potential dangers. It would be a few more long nights for this young stallion before he could once more breathe without fearing for his life's short coming.

Note;
The first few days/weeks as Rhapsody is roaming by himself after being separated from his dam and sire, and before he meets Hiccup and Charlie. Estimated age at the time, between 1 to 2 years old.
fantasy girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Satire (& Sango) - WME

Postby fantasy girl » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:58 am

Satire & Sango - Wild Mountain Equid
Specie by horsy1050, design by Folktale

Her eyes grew heavy and drooped by each second that passed while she lazed in the warming sunrays. The warmth seeped through her back into her skin and spread through her body, releasing each tension in her body. A content sigh escaped her accompanied by a lazy swish of her tail. It was a serene early afternoon, and the normally buzzing young mare, let herself fall down on her side with a heavy grunt before she stretched her legs and neck in the long grass that surrounded her. It tickled her face and body, leaving a dull feeling of restlessness and slight irritation. Half hearted stomps and swishes could be heard as her hooves hit the ground and her tail flicked around. Yet, she settled down quickly again. The serenity around her draining out the negative emotions that were building up, each breath became deeper than the last before she fell into a slumber.
Sadly, the young mare did not get the opportunity to laze around for long until a stallion approached her, the resemblance was clear between them, and promptly took a hold of her tail in his mouth before he started pulling. The mare woke up instantaneously, the anger shining clearly from her eyes, before they slitted down into a poisonous glare. She heaved herself at her brother with hoarse yet aggravated noises that startled a couple of resting sparrows. Though with the quick realization that she could not succesfully bite nor injure her younger sibling in any way as she was lying on her side, she quickly gathered her legs beneath her and lifted herself up. To both her brother's approval, and great dismay as now he had a cranky older sister of a mare chasing closely after him, demanding for him to pay for the horrible act of disturbing her peaceful slumber. With that, the serenity was broken in an instant as the two equids promptly chased and sparred each other while the sun kept on shining.
fantasy girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me