What this board is NOT for [Update 9/2018]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: What this board is NOT for

Postby Metallic Dragon » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:57 pm

Ma'at The SandWing wrote:Can we do a comic that we started outside of CS on this board? Post imgs of the pages?

That would go better in the art discussion board I think.

Canada wrote:Are we allowed to write fanfictions and post them on the board? [ With them being CS appropriate of course c; ]

Of course
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jet star » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:02 pm

Are we allowed to post something that might have an indirect reference to suicide? I wrote something, it doesn't actually mention suicide or self-harm, it leaves the ending up to the reader. I'm just not sure if that type of thing would be CS-appropriate. Thank you
jet star

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Suave » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:33 pm

Are interactive story's acceptable? Or should this sort of thing belong in the role-play section?
Wheres it's similar to a role-play or game where you follow the plot, only instead of posting a character and interacting with others you mainly interact with the characters of the story in stuff such as:
"You've tripped over a dragons nest, what will you do Doug the warrior?
•Steal an egg
•Wait for the dragon and attempt to slay it
•Leave it be and move on"
and that sort of thing, though I still have them develop a bit of there own character, such as choosing a name and class (mage, warrior, dwarf, elf, etc.)
I realize this is very specific for my story but I figured I should ask the question before posting because I've tripped over interactive story's before but they've only asked questions to the general group and a character they are calling the shots for is already developed.
xxxxImagex
─────────────────────────────────
xxxxxxImage

xxxxYo, I'm Suave (the verb not the shampoo).

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSagittarius
xxxxxxxxI like Jazz, 70s rock, and 90s hip hop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxQueer
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxADHD & Autism
xxxxxxxxxx Trade me, always LF bunnies

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx☚Lion by emblo

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx⌁They / Them
─────────────────────────────────
Suave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Barnes&Rogers » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:38 am

Are you allowed write little pieces of different stories on the same thread but each post a different story or each post a chapter or new part of a different story
(Sorry if that's confusing)
─────────────────────────────────────────

who the hell is bucky?

"ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇʏ ꜰɪɢᴜʀᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ʜᴏᴡ
ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛʜɪs sᴛᴜꜰꜰ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ
ʜᴇᴀᴅ, ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ
ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴛʜɪɴɢ...
ꜰᴏʀ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ."

────{it always ends in a fight}───
❝that little guy from.
brooklyn who was.
too dumb too run .
away from a fight....
i'm following him.❞.

{bucky?}───
───{...steve?}
Barnes&Rogers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Fri May 08, 2015 6:14 am

cecil. wrote:Are we allowed to post something that might have an indirect reference to suicide? I wrote something, it doesn't actually mention suicide or self-harm, it leaves the ending up to the reader. I'm just not sure if that type of thing would be CS-appropriate. Thank you

Suicidal references are not permitted here, so that's probably not okay.

‡ Tazer ‡ wrote:Are interactive story's acceptable? Or should this sort of thing belong in the role-play section?
Wheres it's similar to a role-play or game where you follow the plot, only instead of posting a character and interacting with others you mainly interact with the characters of the story in stuff such as:
"You've tripped over a dragons nest, what will you do Doug the warrior?
•Steal an egg
•Wait for the dragon and attempt to slay it
•Leave it be and move on"
and that sort of thing, though I still have them develop a bit of there own character, such as choosing a name and class (mage, warrior, dwarf, elf, etc.)
I realize this is very specific for my story but I figured I should ask the question before posting because I've tripped over interactive story's before but they've only asked questions to the general group and a character they are calling the shots for is already developed.

As long as you are the one writing the story based on their choices, not letting them make the choice then write their own side of things(because that would make it a roleplay). Though at the same time, this sounds more like a roleplay I heard of a while back where the owner was basically the game master and they would say what happened based on choices users made within the story. So I suppose it might be better as a roleplay depending on how you play it.

155ninjacatty wrote:Are you allowed write little pieces of different stories on the same thread but each post a different story or each post a chapter or new part of a different story
(Sorry if that's confusing)

Yes.

All future questions should be sent via help ticket as indicated on the first post.
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What this board is NOT for [Update 9/2018]

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:02 am

Rule update due to a new character try-out board
Metallic Dragon