~*fantasy's Crown Kirins~*

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

~*fantasy's Crown Kirins~*

Postby fantasy girl » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:35 am

fantasy girl's Crown Kirins
Specie owned and created by Reikistjarna

About the Specie:
.: The Crown Kirin :.

Physical.
The Crown Kirin is middle sized creature, where females are around 11-13hh and males 12-15hh at withers.
They have a rather short face with a smal nose, it's not built to pick up scents at a distance, their jaws are strong so they can crush roots and nuts which they often favor when it comes to eating. Ears are medium sized and can easily pick up sounds far away, sensitive for loud noises and their eyes are large with a horisontal pupil for a wide view, very smal blindspot both backwards and forward.
They have strong neck and very deep chest to hold their big heart and lungs, their legs are thick and strong-boned, the backside of the lower part of the legs have long feathering and they have three hoof-like toes on each foot for better grip when climbing or running.
The Kirin have a slightly arched back and ruffly hind, their tail is long with a big bushy end; used for balance when running or climbing.
Males have a beard underneath their chin and four horns growing from the back of their head. Two of them are long while the lower ones are shorter, while they are thin in relation to their body mass the horns are almost impossible to break off. These are used to display dominance, fight over territory or defend themselves or others from predators.
Their fur can come in all sorts of colors, often with dark points around face, neck and legs, not unusual to see white markings.
Male: bull, female: cow, child: calf.

Behavior.
The Crown Kirin is a herd animal, they live in herds with around 10-20 animals where there's a leader male, females and their calfs and non-dominant males. They mainly live on large grass areas but it's not unusual to find them in forests with more terrain.
People believe they originally come from Scotland or Ireland.
They spend a lot of time moving from grazing area to grazing area, they prefer fresh grass, roots, nuts and flower buds, during winter they keep to eating roots, nuts and tree bark. They don't drink very often, a lot of the water they take up comes from the food they're eating.
The Kirins can get up to a 100 years old, they mature around 5 years of age.
To communicate they mainly use body language, but it's been documented that they also use chitters, grunts and Elk-like calls, the last one is mainly used to communicate at distance or to attract cows during mating season.
During mating season herds can be seen mingling together, the females stay together while the males select a part of the grounds as a territory and try to attract females by calling, showing off their strength against other males or by excessively marking their spot by digging and rolling in it. Their scent becomes very strong around this time of the year just for the purpose to attract females.
They don't often take mates, their priority is simply just to pass on their genes. But it have been noted that males or females have favored others and stick around them like a shadow.

Last edited by fantasy girl on Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
fantasy girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~*Fenyetta~*

Postby fantasy girl » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:44 am

Fenyetta
The troublemaker

Name: Fenyetta
Height: 11.2hh
Mate: None
Breeding slots:
1. Sherlock x Fenyetta = Mia
2. Fenyetta x Nivis = Augusta (Au) for Sayna Jaye
3. Closed

Personality:
Fenyetta is a rebellous cow that loves to go around exploring, not really caring nor bothering about the consequences they may lead to before the very end, and it's nearly too late. Easily said she is one big troublemaker, she loves to go around and twist other Kirins around her finger or making bulls fall for her before she gets bored with them again.
She can be moody from time to time as she is the smallest Kirin in her herd and the fact her mom left her in her early years due to her passing away. Her past is often found haunting her, and to be on the safe side she always feels the need to really show herself worthy and to show off the best sides of her so no Kirin will ask her to leave the herd. She feels like she has to be miss perfect pants around Kirins who matters. But inside herself she is often biting down on her tongue to keep her thoughts and mind from wandering free, saying what it feels like saying without censoring anything.
Her reasoning of being like this, has escalated since she was a little stranger calf trying to find a place to stay. But she grew up too quickly.

But this dosen't stop Fenyetta in no way, of course she has her flashbacks that startle her and make her skittish, but her mouth is almost always quite loose and she has trouble to stop saying words that often shouldn't be asked. Barging out with questions or scold other Kirins with her words. She would have been a rather hard battle to defeat in a verbal fight. Which is one of her stronger sides, many Kirins didn't expect her to voice out her opinions like she did. And often threw them off guard with it.

Themesong:
Troublemaker - Olly Murs

Artwork:
Mia & Fenyetta
Last edited by fantasy girl on Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:07 am, edited 6 times in total.
fantasy girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~*Signý~*

Postby fantasy girl » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:33 am

Signý
The Brave Hearted