❛ the lazy writers ❜

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜

Postby Jerelyn » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:18 pm

So I was inspired to use a concept for a story written by a tumblr user which you can view here.

Can someone offer a bit of critique for the skeletal structure of a plot I have for right now? I made it vague intentionally, and I will be eventually writing a more descriptive and detailed plot.

The main character is a 17-year-old girl nearing the age of 18. Her name is Charlotte, but she goes by Chess. When a teenager turns 18, they receive the locket assigned to them when they were born by The Cupids (government branch, not divine). The lockets are a variety of completely unique shapes that fit perfectly with only one other person's locket. When someone commits a high-class crime (murder, grand theft, treason, adultery, etc.) their lockets are taken away and they are imprisoned for the rest of their life. These people are called The Heartless. Chess is paired up with someone who is an attractive guy she went to school with, but he is incredibly cruel. She signs up for a job in health care. One of the jobs she receives sends her to Heartless Prison where she must take care of the wounds that a few Heartless sustained during a fight. Her locket mysteriously has a warmness the entire time at the prison so she takes a job there again. She meets Leonidas (Leo), a prisoner. They become quick friends and she tells him about her locket. She figures out that the heat does in fact lead to the heavily locked and guarded room where the confiscated lockets are stored. He helps her with a diversion and she almost manages to get into the room but fails and Leo gets in trouble. Later, she finds a new way to take advantage of Leo’s situation and gets into the room. She finds the warm one but doesn’t know whose it is. She shows it to him and he looks at it and tells her he’ll ask around. Days pass and he says he can’t find them and gives it back to her and tells her it’s pointless, to give it back. She does asking around of her own until someone notices a tiny engraved in the metal. Leonidas.

I haven't decided which direction I want to go after that point yet, but this is what I have.

Note: I do not wish to take any credit for the concept and do not claim it as my own work. I am writing this story for fun and to learn--it will not be published anywhere.
Jerelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:39 pm

sparrow; wrote:I haven't been posting on here, mostly out of embarrassment that I haven't written for... some time. But I started to write again! My current story keeps on having plot changes and new characters, though... is it bad to do this when you're already halfway through? Although I'm not exactly halfway through anymore, as I've added in so much stuff. I think my ending makes more sense now, but... when should you have actually decided on an ending by, when writing?
Heyyy welcome back! :D i thought you'd died Naww, don't need to be embarassed! We're lazy writers! :D <3
Which story's this for? Clockwork? c:
I wouldn't view it as bad, that actually sounds exciting! >^.^< ...unless it's frustrating you; then it's probably bad :p

Malkyway, what on earth is banana paper?? O.O

Mexi, I liked your piece! Poor Luna... Why was she handcuffed, though, when Danny did the attempt of murder... ing...? It sounds like a very unhealthy relationship OoO
Yeah, Idk if barely bearable is a thing tbh XD XD

Jerelyn, that sounds really cool!! That's just a run-down of what you're planning to write, right?
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow; » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:26 pm

Malkyway - I don't know what banana paper is either... can I eat it? I hope I can eat it.

L.V.L - I don't know what this is from, but it looks pretty good so far! I really like how it makes sense, but you can tell that Luna doesn't understand what's going on because you don't properly understand it. Where are you writing this?

Storm~ - I don't have a Wattpad account (I should probably make one though) but good luck!

Backpack - Thank you for replying! Those characters sound really good (have you begun writing this yet?) although I'm not sure how you're going to be able to explain everything if it's only from Starla's perspective. Will you write chapters from Maddie' sand Sean's point of view as well?

Ranger Thanks! I'm just a little nervous because I'm worried I'm forgetting things. This is for Minds of Clockwork, which I suddenly have a renewed interest in (don't worry, that'll probably pass by the end of the holidays)

Jerelyn - This sounds really interesting, good luck with it! I know this is just a vague plot, but I was wondering what the motivation is for The Cupids? I'm not sure why they would want to do all of this, as it seems to be a very flawed system at the moment.

Also, I have a question for everyone:
Code: Select all
[b]Do you skim read? If so, do you ever try to write in a way that would still make sense for people who skim read?[/b]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
link goes here | link goes here
link goes here | link goes here
signature credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sparrow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Electric~Lime~Zebra » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:40 pm

Oh my gosh.. I've found my people ~(^◇^)/
.......Image
I was born to run, I don't belong to anyone
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
FR | Trade | link | link | ©
can't bite the devil on my tongue

She/her | Adult

CIS/IT degree
I'm a mom now
PM for any helpful links/tips
Looking for mass wl swaps

Electric~Lime~Zebra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:14 pm

Electric~Lime~Zebra wrote:Oh my gosh.. I've found my people ~(^◇^)/

Welcome! Watch out for carrots, they're deadly...

Do you skim read? If so, do you ever try to write in a way that would still make sense for people who skim read?

I don't tend to skim read unless it's for school. I prefer to savour every word of a new book/story ^^ I don't know how you would write in a way that would make sense for someone who skim reads, but that's probably because I don't so it myself.

In other news, I denounced my lazy branding and finally got a plot synopsis typed out in detail, which means that I'll be able to finally start getting the first draft written out. If anyone is open to reading through what I've got so far and giving me some opinions/critiques, it would really be appreciated!
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:49 am

Do you skim read? If so, do you ever try to write in a way that would still make sense for people who skim read?
I don't really ever skim read unless it's an form I have to fill out.
Honestly I don't think there's a way to write for people who skim. It would probably sound weird or messed up for anyone who tries to read every word.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:39 am

Yes. But a lot of the time it's because it's a certain scene that I either don't like, or I know it and I'm trying to get further. Would I try to write in a way that makes sense? Probably not, to be honest; I wouldn't know how to accomplish that.
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby L.V.L » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:01 am

Ranger of the North wrote:
Mexi, I liked your piece! Poor Luna... Why was she handcuffed, though, when Danny did the attempt of murder... ing...? It sounds like a very unhealthy relationship OoO
Yeah, Idk if barely bearable is a thing tbh XD XD

It's not in the story, but it's a silent left out part.
    The officers thought that the mother was the one who caused all of this, went insane and tried to kill her whole family. But Luna was handcuffed because the doctors didn't know unstable she would be when she woke up, and a good thing to, because she yelled for Danny and would have gotten up to go find him.
    And yeah, I just left barely bearable there. xD

sparrow; wrote:L.V.L - I don't know what this is from, but it looks pretty good so far! I really like how it makes sense, but you can tell that Luna doesn't understand what's going on because you don't properly understand it. Where are you writing this?

L.V.L

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Storm~ » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:02 am

Storm~ wrote:
DeMaizu wrote:Quick question, Storm; where'd you get the cover from?

To everyone who said "Yay" on the living drawing thing; Cool! I'll see what I get out of it :D

I made it myself. :3

@sparrow; Thank you!

@The Worst Username Thank you. It took me a while to make the cover ^^ I've gotten some pretty good ones so far, and I'm hoping my story continues on the up and up!

My Miscellanious Threads wrote: title of thread • description • [link]

--Ͽ WITH MY 𝕎 𝕀 𝔻 𝔼 EYES Ͼ--
--Ͽ I'VE SEEN 𝕎 𝕆 ℝ 𝕃 𝔻 𝕊 Ͼ--
--Ͽ THAT 𝔻 𝕆 ℕ ' 𝕋 BELONG Ͼ--
My Roleplays wrote:title of roleplay • character(s) • profile [link]
✴𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚢✴αεα ɳεѵαɳƭε/ кαуи

--Ͽ WE ARE 𝔹 ℝ 𝕆 𝕂 𝔼 ℕ Ͼ--
--ϿWHAT MUST WE 𝔻 𝕆 TO Ͼ--
--ϿRESTORE OUR 𝕀 ℕ ℕ 𝕆 ℂ 𝔼 ℕ ℂ 𝔼 Ͼ--
Storm~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:55 am

So I didn't read through everything, so apologies if I skip people. A lot of people oops. because lazy

@everyone who posted wattpad stuff; In sure your stories are great, but I unfortunately can't read them since I don't have wattpad anymore.

@sparrow you live! I really have to catch up on Minds of Clockwork

@New peeps welcome! Stay away from carrots.

Only for homework. And if there's a description in a book that's like really long. I tend to skip those, even though I shouldn't. I don't write for people who don't wanna read through my story. I write for myself.

Also I kinda haven't been doing Camp... I'll do it in June/July with my sister, I swear. I got locked outta my account again though, because I have way too many emails and I can't remember which one I was using.

I did some character development last night though; for a character that really needed it too.
His name is Cyrus, and he's really eccentric. He also can't remember anything before he was like twelve. He's one of those geniuses that everyone thinks is insane (see: eccentric) so his parents abandoned him. My antihero finds him when he's like twelve and takes him to another person to wipe his memory. But things go a little wrong and some of her powers get mixed in, but not enough to do a whole lot. Just like, his eyes don't have a set color anymore and every once in awhile his tea doesn't go cold.
At some point along the way, this half cat/half child shows up and wants food. She's like eight and Cyrus names her Sorren. She ends up living with him and taking care of the tower thing like Cyrus kinda commandeered, reminding him that he does in fact have to eat, and being generally annoying.
But other than Sorren and the antihero, Cyrus doesn't remember ever really meeting anyone, cuz he's a world class hermit.

That was long, and I apologize since I didn't really read the other posts :/
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items