❛ the lazy writers ❜

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜

Postby BucketORandomness » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:41 pm

This might turn into a long post. Sorry in advance.

Thing one) Just skimming through the last three pages of comments I missed, my psychology teacher would love this thread. Along with my biology teacher. That's a really weird combination, since they're almost nothing alike. To @Science, who mentioned that personality is not genetic, there are actually schools of psychological thought that are trying to prove that your thesis is correct, and others trying to prove it wrong. It might be interesting if you or one of the others who plan to use this in writing if they looked up the different schools and have different characters who followed different schools of thought, and maybe explore how that might affect the clones. If anyone actually does want to see what good science fiction looks like, watch Gattaca! It's amazing, and my biology teacher showed it to us while we were doing a unit on genes and the double helix chromosomes and stuff. My teacher said it was made when genetics was first becoming a thing, and most of the cool sciency bits they do in the movie were thought to be about as possible as Star Wars.Now, science can actually do a bunch of the things involved in the story, which I thought was a wonderful coincidence that wasn't entirely creepy. Pretty close, but not quite.

Thing two) I did a really not lazy thing today, and I don't know if I feel elated or exhausted. I got to spend an entire school day in an empty classroom for various reasons, and I discovered the only thing my school's wifi is good for over long periods of time is writing. So, guess what I did? I wrote all day. Sort of. I got most of the characters figured out for a story, and I also managed to write an entire story plot I can follow and use to help me actually finish the story! It took me forever to write the stuff that was going to come after the climax, cuz I kinda just stared at the screen, thinking "How do I control a fall from this high without endangering the reader while giving them a good ride?" I wrote it, though! It's all there! It's all a bunch of poorly constructed sentences with little description, but it's there! Yay! I feel like I achieved a lot today. Maybe I'll go back to being a lazy writer soon, but I'm willing to ride the wave while it's here >^.^<

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:55 pm

BucketORandomness wrote:Thing two) I did a really not lazy thing today, and I don't know if I feel elated or exhausted. I got to spend an entire school day in an empty classroom for various reasons, and I discovered the only thing my school's wifi is good for over long periods of time is writing. So, guess what I did? I wrote all day. Sort of. I got most of the characters figured out for a story, and I also managed to write an entire story plot I can follow and use to help me actually finish the story! It took me forever to write the stuff that was going to come after the climax, cuz I kinda just stared at the screen, thinking "How do I control a fall from this high without endangering the reader while giving them a good ride?" I wrote it, though! It's all there! It's all a bunch of poorly constructed sentences with little description, but it's there! Yay! I feel like I achieved a lot today. Maybe I'll go back to being a lazy writer soon, but I'm willing to ride the wave while it's here >^.^<

Congratulations on the blatant betrayal of your lazy comrades! Seriously though, that's fantastic. I hope you end up writing it instead of leaving it in a folder collecting dust, as we of the lazy variety are wont to do. My goodness, that sounds pretentious. I'm going to shut up now.

Ranger wrote:Does anyone have any tips on how to write a believable/realistic stutter? o.o

yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:58 pm

Wow Randy, that's awesome! :clap: :D
You must show us this story when you've written it, eh? c; cx

Thanks, Worst! I'lla go looka soona
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:58 pm

Ranger of the North wrote:
Does anyone have any tips on how to write a believable/realistic stutter? o.o

• Don't have them stutter all the time. If you make them stutter every word it'll just bother the readers.
  • For how to write the stutters, something like t-t-this usually works well.
  • You could just not write out the stutter, and have a character mention it at some point, which is less obvious but also less annoying.
  • Making the character only stutter in certain scenarios can be interesting, since actual stutters tend to work that way. Maybe make them only stutter when they're nervous or lying or something.
It looks like people already said most this stuff on Inklings, but I went to all this un-laziness to write this post and I don't want to delete it.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby floki, » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:00 pm

that moment when you are fast at work trying to finish reading the pages for the book
      that you have an oral speech on in the morning, but the school called off school for tomorrow, so you
      realize you do not have to do ANYTHING. bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesss

i have a little project in mind, that i need some help with. like help in whether or not i should write this...

so i had an idea where i make a historically based book on people living in salem during the witch scare.
      but each chapter was a letter or diary entry from a different person in town, telling the story of what
      was going on. then there is going to be a section of court records, and a journal entry by the judge who
      condemned the people to being a witch, and then then an entry of those he had killed who did not admit
      to being a witch. and all of this is through their points of views. and then also there will be letters and
      journal entries from the condemned men and women. i would be using historical figures and people in
      the story to help guide the story along, but also will be adding characters in the story to just give it a
      little more depth and a little more story to it.

━━━━━━━━━━━ "Dulcius Ex Asperis"
flo. || witch. || scorpio. || she/her.
floki,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:53 pm

Wow Randy, that's awesome! :clap: :D
You must show us this story when you've written it, eh? c; cx

I'll see if I can get permission. Another user came up with an extensive rp world they're very possessive over,and that's where the story is put. I mainly just wanted to post an update on what I've been writing lately, since I haven't in a while. I know I won't be able to post the story here ((possessive user and all)) but I might be able to convince them to let me link it. Thanks for the support, guys!

floki, wrote:
      so i had an idea where i make a historically based book on people living in salem during the witch scare, but each chapter was a letter or diary entry from a different person in town, telling the story of what
      was going on. then there is going to be a section of court records, and a journal entry by the judge who
      condemned the people to being a witch, and then then an entry of those he had killed who did not admit
      to being a witch. and all of this is through their points of views. and then also there will be letters and
      journal entries from the condemned men and women. i would be using historical figures and people in
      the story to help guide the story along, but also will be adding characters in the story to just give it a
      little more depth and a little more story to it.

Ok. I am totally spoilt by some amazing authors when I say this, but be careful not to just tell the same story over and over again if you end up doing this ((which you totally should. It sounds like it could be really interesting!)) Put some of the character's voice into their letters to make them sound more genuine, like using the term "gay" to mean "happy" not "someone who loves the same gender." Also, keep in mind the ages/positions of each of the people who are writing. Like for the judge's letter, son't make him (cuz it was probably a him) sound like a teenage girl stressing over boys. Overall, this project sounds like some research could make it ten times better when you write it than without, so keep that in mind as well. Congratulations on an interesting idea! :clap: :clap:

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....More by Bucket
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:51 pm

Aliria, thanks for the tips! :D

Flo, Idk much about the thing not american XP but it sounds interesting c:

Ooh, hopefully you can, Randy!
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:08 am

Flo, Idk much about the thing not american XP but it sounds interesting c:

Between the years of 1692 and 1693, many women (over 200) were accused of witchcraft, and 20 were executed. Personally, I think it's because the Christians living in the town at the time, being Puritans, wanted to be "the holiest of the holy", but if everyone is holy, then no one is. So, they needed to scapegoat someone to either confirm that they were the holiest or to remain in power, potentially both. Also, there were some strange things happening at the time, and they needed to be blamed on someone. Many young women were scapegoated, and that's that. Thank you for reading my ramble.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Klain » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:20 am

Code: Select all
[b]Can you write better at night or day? Or doesn't it matter?[/b]

I don't know but I can write better at night. I have more ideas then.
Klain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:51 am

Can you write better at night or day? Or doesn't it matter?
I definitely get more ideas at night, but trying to write them at that time is like trying to type through jello. I positively write better in the daytime >^.^<

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....More by Bucket
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets