The 4th Annual Smoothie Games // [Enter Your Pet!]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: The 4th Annual Smoothie Games // [Enter Your Pet!]

Postby eltonn » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:37 am

!! aa gj selene and geoff!
haha sky made a terrible mistake, no one can replace brandy c:
xxxxxImage
commissions open
working m-f 8:30 - 5pm est
call me pap - she/they - adult

i have chronic migraines and pcos. i often dont have energy.
i am rarely on site these days. i check my messages maybe once
every year. i doubt ill return more than that. have a lovely day!
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 67Phlox » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:32 am

ooh!
I know that kills are randomly picked, but it seems like geoff and selene might be the last two tibutes.
I am really interested in how these games turn out!

I didn't actually expect for Stanley to come this far.
Adult, "artist", currently studying digital art in college.
healthpoints on Flight Rising if you wanna add me, no other social media atm

Sorry for my anxiety getting in the way of things and for being strange at times. I promise I mean well.
67Phlox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the fallen: #21

Postby koushi. » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:02 pm

Tribute 41

This kill begins at the Capital in the training area where tributes learn to kill or be killed. A fox stands away from the others, his nose turned up at the activity around him. He watches his district partners spar and make alliances that he was more than sure would fall apart at the cannon. Even the cripple seemed to be making progress. His large ears flicked as he heard someone stand beside him. He kept his yellow eyes trained foreward but the cologne he smelled indicated that he was in the presence of a mutt. "Are you looking to make alliances?" The wolf asked. The fox just rolled his eyes. The wolf spoke again, "If you need allies, me and my partner would love to work with you." The fox chuckled. "I'm sure you would, mutt." He snapped and walked away, his tail thrashing behind him.

Then when the cannon blared, the fox unwillingly took an ally and saw the wolf once more the first night. Under the cover of darkness, the fox smiled slyly at the wolf and said, "I have a kill for you. I'll set the trap and you spring it." And the deal was made.

Xxxxxxx

"Do you ever think that the gamemakers will, I don't know, cut us some slack?" Horus asked mindlessly as he and Cooper walked through the forest. The gray deer was not accustomed to the silence of the arena. Growing up with six brothers and two sisters will do that to someone. Cooper, who was walking behind him, flattened his ears and gritted his teeth, clearly hoping that the gamemakers would have some mercy and drop a tree on him. Horus didn't seem to mind and kept shooting the breeze. "I mean, I know that it's very much impossible but Ra only knows that anything can happen."

With a snarl Cooper raced in front of him baring his teeth. Horus jumped back, his eyes wide and ears flattened. "Will you please shut up?" He snarled. "At this rate every tribute still alive in this whole arena will be on our tail to hear more of your useless garbage." Horus blinked, his mouth slack in surprise. He knew that Cooper didn't have the best temper, but he had never seen him so angry. He mumbled a small apology before letting Cooper take the lead. It was agonising-the silence-but Horus kept his mouth shut. He couldn't risk having his bodyguard turn on him.

The arena seemed to go on for ever and ever. Cooper led the way through the thick brush until they came along two gnarled trees that twisted and bent into an archway, their branches locked into each other like fighting deer. Horus actually stopped to appreciate the beauty while Cooper paused on the other side of the arch with an odd glint in his eye. This look made Horus uneasy and he frowned. "Is everything alright, Coop?" He asked, genuinely concerned and terrified at the same time. The fox just smiled and lifted his head, parting his jaws to scent the air. Then he smiled, raised his paw in a mock salute, and disappeared into the undergrowth. "Hey!" Horus cried and began to trot after his ally, "Wait!" He was almost to the undergrowth when he heard a ferocious growl. His ears shot straight up and he turned his head just in time to see a wolf lunge at him with her deadly claws outstretched. The deer let out a screech and tried to dodge the attack but tripped on his own limbs and was tackled mercilessly. The wolf wasted to no time in tearing into his flank and shoulders while Horus could do nothing but cry out for Cooper or his mother to come and save him. He would eventually pass out from the pain, and one swift flick of claws was all it took to end his game.

Selene looked up as the cannon boomed. Her chest heaved and her eyes were wide with an emotion that could not be expressed. She backed away from the deer's body and looked at the undergrowth. The fox had been telling the truth, but now he was fair game. Selene gulped down another breath of air before walking away from the scene, a trail of bloody pawprints following closely behind her. She walked back to the den that she had forced Geoff to rest in and found him asleep on the dirt floor. His expression was troubled and he was muttering in his sleep. She knew what-who he was dreaming of. A flash of jealousy burned her pelt and she sat down by him, gently draping her tail over his.

a/n wrote:Image
sorry but chemistry is slowly killing me
also I want to adopt Horus ;-;
selene and geoff are the #dreamteam
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eltonn » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:49 am

i recently found out that geoff is pronounced jeff and scream??
i pronounce his name gee-off r i p

also selene is a mUTT GASP?!!
xxxxxImage
commissions open

eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 20lait1 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:01 pm

RIP Horus. On the other hand, I love how you expressed his personality! I worry for Selene and Geoff - if they make it to the end, they’ll have to face off against each other! Anyways, that was amazing - keep up the good work!
20lait1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koushi. » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:19 pm

@ seed - while that wouldn've been one heck of a plot twist, Cooper was just insulting her (surprise, suprise). Also I guess I've been pronouncing his name wrong too!
    @ alt - Thank you!

Also, the next kill is a very important one! It knocks out a very big threat c;
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the fallen: #22

Postby koushi. » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:17 am

Tribute 1

One the second day, the queen was pushed off her throne by the prince and his princess, but that prince fell not long after.

Geoff was peeved. Not at the chickens, not at the games, but himself. He had gotten himself hurt. Sweet Lupis it hurt! The wolf let out a low moan and blinked open his eyes. The den he had been forced to lay down in was still abandoned, the scent of Selene still lingering. She must've left recently. He thought and adjusted his weak limbs so that he could lay on his front paws, the back two stretched out omfortbaly against the dirt wall. The wounds in his chest and flank had stopped bleeding but they still radiated pain. He would try and clean them but he couldn't find the strength to lift his head. With a few muffled coughs, his eyes began to slide closed while the infection slowly creeped through his body.

In his head, the world was dark. He stood on a plain of absolute silence. The ground was flat and damp beneath his paws and Geoff swallowed, looking around the emptiness. Suddenly, there was a light in front of him, so bright that it hurt his eyes and he had to cover them. A sweet perfume wafted into his nose and his heart began to race. He knew that scent. Slowly he looked up and let out a small gasp. It was Brandy in all of her beauty. That straw gold hair was combed and pinned back with the flower pin he had gotten for her before she was reaped. Her pools of blue stared sweetly at him, like a goddess in human shape. Geoff opened his mouth to speak but his mouth had become dry. "Brandy?" He croaked, overcome with emotion. His lover smiled and moved closer, rubbing her muzzle along his. Geoff squeezed his eyes shut as tears streamed down his cheeks. "Geoff." He felt her whisper in his ear, her breath warm. For a moment, Geoff almost believed she was real. Then he remembered the scene of her lying dead in a puddle of blood, watching her parents cling to each other in the Square, feeling the cannon explode in his heart. He pulled away, searching her face. "You...aren't real, are you?"

Brandy smiled again, sadly this time. "I am here, Geoff, to help you make peace with yourself." She spoke softly but her words slapped Geoff and he looked away. "Do not let your guilt hurt you, love." She tenderly lifted his chin with her paw. "You were loyal to me to the end. Please, let me give you peace." She whispered so gently, her voice like a lullaby.
"Would you forgive me?" He asked the ghost. Brandy's gaze softened and she pressed her flank against his. In his mind, Brandy's voice echoed. Always, my love.

When in the outside world Selene has returned to the den, Geoff was sitting with his lover on the banks of a majestic river in District One. It was the place where he had met his love and It was the place he had chosen to spend eternity with her. The sun set on the bank and the two's tails intertwined, finally at peace.

Selene looked up as the cannon boomed. Her chest heaved and her eyes were wide with an emotion that could not be expressed. She backed away from the deer's body and looked at the undergrowth. The fox had been telling the truth, but now he was fair game. Selene gulped down another breath of air before walking away from the scene, a trail of bloody pawprints following closely behind her. She walked back to the den that she had forced Geoff to rest in and found him asleep on the dirt floor. His expression was troubled and he was muttering in his sleep. She knew what-who he was dreaming of. A flash of jealousy burned her pelt and she sat down by him, gently draping her tail over his. However, she jumped away as his body suddenly began to jerk and flail, blood beginning to drip from his jaws. Selene's eyes widened and she began to scream. "Geoff! Geoff!" She presses her paws to his flank and tried to rouse him but it was too late. The once powerful warrior's body gave one final jerk of resistance before it became deathly still. Selene's head jerked towards the sky as the cannon blasted for the second time. "No." She growled, her ears pinned to her side. She raced out of the den and stared at the sky. "NO!" She bowled up at the holographic clouds. Inside the control room, the Gamemakers chuckled to themselves at a job well done.

DELETED SCENE:
"Let me give you peace for everything." Brandy whispered and then turned around. Geoff looked out after her and saw another ghost waiting for him. The sleek red fur and mask made a chill run up his spine. Two stood before him, just as quiet as he was when Geoff had killed him. He looked at Geoff, a hint of sadness in his eyes.
"Two." Geoff breathed, another wave of guilt drowning his heart. He glanced at Brandy, who nodded. "Two, I-I'm sorry." He whimpered, "I shouldn't have called you an Avox. I shouldn't have led them to you." He swallowed and pinned his ears to his head. "I know that I don't deserve forgiveness...especially from you...Terran." At the mention of his real name, Two's eyes flickered but not with hatred. Two then dipped his muzzle as an acceptance and then as quickly as he appeared, he was gone.
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eltonn » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:33 pm

mmmmmm m
the feels here man i cant

goodbye my sweet geoff :'(
xxxxxImage
commissions open

eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 67Phlox » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:33 am

Sad. :C
I hope he will be happy with Brandy, though. c:
Adult, "artist", currently studying digital art in college.
healthpoints on Flight Rising if you wanna add me, no other social media atm

Sorry for my anxiety getting in the way of things and for being strange at times. I promise I mean well.
67Phlox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koushi. » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:38 am

Hey y'all! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. I have rolled all of the kills and trust me, it's going to be a doosy. I might have one kill up later today <3
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me