{ INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: { INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Postby Pyjaks » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:41 pm

OK thanks for the thoughts guys, I think I'll take a gander at writing the scene :> It's not like I'm gonna be obligated to stick with it down the line if I don't wanna haha

and oh boy, I'm sorry Mega that sounds painful e_e
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

--

Postby watermelon. » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:24 pm

uh so as always, i have been busy and am sick, so i apologize for my absence :c

How do you make time for writing when you're busy with other things?
    seeing all of you saying "i just always put aside time to write!" makes me so jealous. my life is school and homework, that's about it (don't take hard classes. don't try to accelerate your education. IT'S A TRAP //sarcasm). and i tend to spend my free time doing close to nothing because i don't need the extra weight on my shoulders of starting a new project. i find it hard enough to gain motivation to do my homework, let alone creating a decent story plot. long story short, it's not my priority so it doesn't happen often.

and as you can guess from that, i'm not doing nano - i've attempted it maybe once and failed miserably. there's simply not enough time in the day and enough energy in my body for that kind of commitment.

how do you guys feel about writing things out of order?
    i personally don't really ever do it, and instead write kind of an outline for what i want to happen (along with a few sentences or words together that i think sound good). like you said, character development will happen before that point in the story, so a lot of things could change. i think my main reasoning for not doing it is that so many things can get confused within a story and it's so easy to forget your own details and write something wrong later on.

----
    i don't have any insightful questions to ask today, but i did put up a new poll (which is super non-insightful).
    but i do wanna say that a while ago i wrote like 50 pages worth of a story and i want to continue so badly but i haven't gotten any time and it's so frustrating gejawiogejw;adsidjri

watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:31 pm

Oh hai watermelon, long time no see. :)

Thanks for all the sympathies about the finger! Thankfully, I'm a relatively fast healer, and decided to risk typing with the band-aid off. My finger is hurting only a little bit (it really wasn't that big of a cut) and I was able to get my usual 1200 words down! Woop woop!
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:36 pm

Usual 1200?! As in you write 1200 a day? The discipline, omg
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:37 pm

Pyjaks wrote:Usual 1200?! As in you write 1200 a day? The discipline, omg

Well, not a day. Three nights a week, actually. I doubt I'd get to that point if I wrote every day. Sometimes it's more, though, 1200 is just the usual. Thanks for the compliment. :) I thought I didn't type enough.

Also, not to brag, but it usually takes me an hour/hour and a half to type 1200 words.
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:14 pm

Ahh okay, I see! That's still really awesome! 3000+ words a week is definitely nothing to scoff at :0
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:29 pm

Welcome back, Mel! (:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:36 am

Heyyy guys, I'm hosting a writing contest (with prizes!) for anyone who is interested. Here's the link. It's fall themed and ends on the 25th :>

I also have a new story I've started here if anyone wants to check it out. I got pretty busy and haven't updated since posting the prolouge, but I have fall break from class until Wednesday so I'm putting my writing pants on and will be posting ASAP!

Also a question-

Code: Select all
[b]Is there any time of the year where you feel more inspired to write/get more writing done?[/b]

I do! October-January is always like, my prime writing time. I don't know why. Something about this time just feels so cozy. I do so much reading, plotting, writing and just creating in general. It's a bit weird because it's my busiest time of the year in terms of school, work, and holidays, but also my most productive. I dunno!
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:40 am

Is there any time of the year where you feel more inspired to write/get more writing done?
November. When I have a humongo goal on my shoulders for each day and all I want to do is write one-shots instead of my book.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:56 pm

Is there any time of the year where you feel more inspired to write/get more writing done?
Sounds cliché, I know, but I get poetic when the seasons change~ c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me