{ INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: { INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Postby NopesaurusRexx » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:10 pm

How has your childhood influenced your writing?

My childhood was writing. I wrote all the time. I think it influenced my writing because I wrote all of the time. What really feels like the start of things influencing me was when I started writing on WolfQuest and reading what other people were writing. It was then I really was looking at styles and such. I was about 12 or 13 then.

I was told at one point that I was going to end up living in a cardboard box if I went into writing. So that has also encouraged me to prove people wrong.

"You wanna make yourself useful?"
"Not particularly."

ALL PETS IN THE GROUPS MARKED TRADE GROUP ARE CURRENTLY FREE
NopesaurusRexx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:54 pm

How has your childhood influenced your writing?
hahaha pretending i'm an adult like a pro I've actually realised I put a lot of my country, my home-environment, the personalities I interact with, and a lot more into my stories. so greatly o.o

Some of the answers have made me wonder: is there anyone here who has /never/ roleplayed, or am I the only one? XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:55 pm

I did a bit of roleplaying but honestly could never get into it. They just die so fast it was never worth my while to put a huge amount of effort into it.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:50 am

Meg wrote:I read a lot (still do) and my parents always read to me. That is a definite influence. However, I also used to spend most of my days playing with my plastic dinosaurs or animals (I hated dolls, I barely ever played with the Barbies my mom got me. I was content with the dollar plastic dinosaurs at WalMart. They were more violent, LOL.) I use this as my greatest influence, and the basis when I say that I was "born" a writer. I made worlds, characters and endless stories with my toys. Sometimes I long to remember some of the older stories (I started running out of ideas with the newer ones, so they're not as good), and rewrite them on paper. Thankfully, I still remember some of the stories and most of my characters, some of whom are now resurrected into a novel. Their toy counterparts are still on display in my room, and most likely will always be.

Oh my goodness, this is bringing back so many hilarious memories. I also got Barbies, however I had no access to dinosaurs, so I ended up pitting the Barbies against each other and making them go to war. Long story short, my older cousins gave me their Barbies; I had enough to divide them up into three "clans". The clans warred over territory rights. Each clan had a different magical power associated with it. I had three or four Ken dolls, which were used as leverage in peace treaties and the like--they were slaves. I had a good time.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:07 am

The Worst Username wrote:
Meg wrote:I read a lot (still do) and my parents always read to me. That is a definite influence. However, I also used to spend most of my days playing with my plastic dinosaurs or animals (I hated dolls, I barely ever played with the Barbies my mom got me. I was content with the dollar plastic dinosaurs at WalMart. They were more violent, LOL.) I use this as my greatest influence, and the basis when I say that I was "born" a writer. I made worlds, characters and endless stories with my toys. Sometimes I long to remember some of the older stories (I started running out of ideas with the newer ones, so they're not as good), and rewrite them on paper. Thankfully, I still remember some of the stories and most of my characters, some of whom are now resurrected into a novel. Their toy counterparts are still on display in my room, and most likely will always be.

Oh my goodness, this is bringing back so many hilarious memories. I also got Barbies, however I had no access to dinosaurs, so I ended up pitting the Barbies against each other and making them go to war. Long story short, my older cousins gave me their Barbies; I had enough to divide them up into three "clans". The clans warred over territory rights. Each clan had a different magical power associated with it. I had three or four Ken dolls, which were used as leverage in peace treaties and the like--they were slaves. I had a good time.

Haha, that sounds deliciously evil and something I'd most likely do. But, thankfully, I could have my dinosaurs be violent and not feel too odd for having them kill each other. Actually, gosh that reminds me of something my brother and I made up.

So if it isn't clear, I loved dinosaurs growing up, and not only had educational books, toys and games, but I also had coloring books. I colored in them all the time with my brother or sister. One day, we encountered a page that had to parasaurs on it, except they were smiling. So my genius brother decided to make it "Happy Land" a place where dinosaurs were always laughing and happy. Later, we decided to make the toy dinosaurs discover Happy Land, except it turned out that it was a type of hell, where you couldn't get out and could never stop laughing or smiling. Either they figured out a way to leave, or stayed there forever, I don't quite remember.

And I was the one who made it that way, my brother might have created it, but I made it into an inescapable hell.
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverhart » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:52 pm

The Worst Username wrote:

That might be the best thing I've read all day.

I seriously laughed out loud at that. That would actually make a great story. Those poor Ken dolls...
...and yet I can't help but image them singing 'If this be Slav'ry' from 'Jupiter's Darling' - yes, making a reference to a very bad musical from the '50s that none of you probably know. It's a very messed up song, from a very messed up, yet hilariously bad movie.
Silverhart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Musicality » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:55 pm

all of y'all talking about how your barbies killed each other and such. I had animal and people trafficking. I would literally put the barbies and lps into cages and have my parents and such "pay" to play with them.. I got lots of cookies that way XD
❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊
I adore cats, musicals (esp. If/Then),
singing, and chatting it up with new people!

Hey everyone! I'm Musicality!
I used to be "The Succulent Queen". <3

❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊
Musicality

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:23 am

The Succulent Queen wrote:all of y'all talking about how your barbies killed each other and such. I had animal and people trafficking. I would literally put the barbies and lps into cages and have my parents and such "pay" to play with them.. I got lots of cookies that way XD

What the heck? That's...that's nice.

Silverhart wrote:...and yet I can't help but image them singing 'If this be Slav'ry' from 'Jupiter's Darling' - yes, making a reference to a very bad musical from the '50s that none of you probably know. It's a very messed up song, from a very messed up, yet hilariously bad movie.

I think I've heard of that, probably because my dad is an old movie geek. He was actually pretty excited when I told him I was on an Internet thread in which one of the users had Ginger Rogers in their signature.

Anyways, that was the most irrelevant post I've ever made. Goodness.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

--

Postby watermelon. » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:35 pm

let's make sure to stay on topic. c:
    ---

When you make a character, do they become real to you?
    yes, but only if i use them for long enough. typically my characters are in roleplay because i can't commit to actually writing something but... yeah, anyway. at first it starts out with the character being the equivalent of a baby, basically. you don't know who they're going to be or how they'll act, but as you go on it all comes together. soon enough, they seem so real that it's kind of hard to ignore that fact. it's just the same idea of reading a sad book. you know the characters aren't real, but you kind of want them to be. (except for when they die cause that's just sad)
    ---

sorry for being so inactive here. school is... well, it's school. and i've been doing homework like none other and today i finally don't have much to do (praise the homework lords). aside from doing some stuff i don't want to do.. question - how to write a good resume? like, honestly. if you have any tips please pm me because i'm at a loss.

um m m question of the day time? (for the first time in forever):
    Code: Select all
    [b]First thing that pops into your head when you think of 'cliches'?[/b]

---
    also p.s. if you have any good ideas for a poll question pm me

watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:37 pm

First thing that pops into your head when you think of 'cliches'?

Weirdly, nothing pops into my head lol. Maybe it's because I've never really been bothered by cliches. In fact I adore stories that take cliches and put their own unique spin on it.
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me