Of Magic and Nature (Interactive Story)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Would you like a discussion thread?

No, sounds unnecessary
60%
Yes, so as to discuss further actions
40%

Total votes : 10

Postby Piefan » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:27 am

Author's note;;
Well, this post kinda sucks, but eh. Written in a rush.
Stats wrote:Inventory
$10
Saddle/saddlebags
Postcards
(but no stamps)
Multiple books
Other info
Hurt in leg
Cannot run

Relationships wrote:Earth Beat
Companion, friend.
Amaryllis
Roommate, acquaintance.
Shadow
Leader

In spite of your duties, you still have some morals, and Amaryllis doesn't seem like she knows what to do. Naturally, it falls to you to help her. You have learned, to some extent, medical stuff, though you are not entirely well-versed on this. Calling upon Earth, you hear her voice in your mind. Yes, K?

"I have a real name, you know," you reply, disgruntled. "And by any chance, do you know how to treat a nosebleed?"

I... I'm a horse, you realise. How would I know?

You make a brief, mental noise of acknowledgement, then cut off your telepathic link, turning back to Amaryllis, who is staring blankly, cross-eyed, as if unable to decide what exactly to be doing. Blood splatters the ground, and you sigh wearily. "Quick! Amaryllis! Nurse! Go!" you blurt out, unable to think of anything more dignified. You really need to get to classes.

Of course, she does not share your sense of franticness. In spite of herself, she seems amused. "Wow, Khairina. Are you monosyllabic now?" she asks cheerfully. You scowl in response.

"Just go."

After you lead her to the nurse (and you are still wondering why there would be a nurse in a field), you rush to class, all the while making sarcastic remarks on the school's layout to Earth. Unfortunately, you find that classes were, in fact, supposed to begin in an hour. Although you feel anger surge inside you, and you find a sudden urge to punch something, you ignore this.

Do you go to the rebel stuff or talk to Amaryllis?
I'm socially awkward and sometimes terse - don't mind me.
Piefan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Of Magic and Nature (Interactive Story)

Postby trickszy » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:19 am

Go do rebel stuff! Because Amaryllis was just like, "Wow," even though you helped her! >:C
ImageImage
⊱ ————- ❈ ————- ⊰
check out my adoption center in my trades; just make sure to follow the rules
trickszy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby retroaqua » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:46 am

Lel, REBEEEEEEEEEEEEELS UNIIIIIIIIIITE o3o

✦oh worm✦

✦i'm currently selling c$ wigs on my trade topic for cheaper!✦
✦please click on the link below for more info!✦

diary trading topic diary discussion
retroaqua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheFabulousHorse » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:00 am

rebel stuffff!!!!!!!!!!!

Player #593 on FFH - Come find me!

TheFabulousHorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Piefan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:53 pm

Author's note;;
... I'm back now.

I plan to make a reference sheet of sorts to replace the quotes at the side of each post, updating whenever needed. However, to do that I'd need an actually decent ref pic of Khairina. If you can make one, PM me. I'll gladly pay, though I don't have much. vnv
$10
Saddle/saddlebags
Postcards
(but no stamps)
Multiple books
Other info
Hurt in leg
Cannot run

Companion, friend.
Amaryllis
Roommate, acquaintance.
Shadow
Leader

... Nah, who are you kidding? You're going with the rebels. As you make this decision, you wordlessly ask Earth Beat for her opinion; she seems largely neutral, as she has always been. You do not bother to get yourself up to your dorm, instead walking directly out of the school. Your horse is grazing on the surrounding grass, raising her head once she notices your presence.

"Good morning."

You return her greeting before climbing atop her back as she begins to canter her way to the house. Luckily for you, she seems to have memorised most of the path from the library to the headquarters, making it an easy journey.

When you arrive, you knock unceremoniously on the door, which opens to reveal, once again, Shadow and his wolf, standing side-by-side. "Hello... Khairina, right?" The wolf makes a growl-like noise deep in his throat, which you choose to take as a greeting.

With a nod, you enter briskly. A girl, obviously older than you, sits on the sofa, examining the interior of the building. She seems to hold dull surprise at its simplicity, and you cannot blame her. Her reaction is one that you had shared when first visiting - you had expected something more dramatic, in contrast to a mostly humble home with a ridiculous amount of poisonous plants.

"Just in time. As I said yesterday, here's your new partner. Familiarise yourselves with each other; the two of us must leave for now."

Druid and companion walk briskly away, steps echoing audibly in the silence that follows. You shut the door before turning to your comrade - a fair-skinned girl with blonde hair reaching her shoulders. In spite of the stereotype, her gaze is sharp, albeit faraway, and her spine is straight.

How do you introduce yourself?
Piefan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheFabulousHorse » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Kindly, you don't want to make an enemy out of your new partner.

Player #593 on FFH - Come find me!

TheFabulousHorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xura » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:35 am

^-^ your story is really good!

Oh and ask her a bunch of random questions (I'm so awkward, that's what I would do)

Like: What's your blood type?
Salmon or Tuna fish?

Stuff like that lol
Xura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby retroaqua » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:41 am

Kindly :3

Also, What do you mean by a Ref Picture? A pet that looks like her or a drawing?

✦oh worm✦

✦i'm currently selling c$ wigs on my trade topic for cheaper!✦
✦please click on the link below for more info!✦

diary trading topic diary discussion
retroaqua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Piefan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:40 pm

Author's note;;
I don't really have much of a schedule here, but I'm aiming for one post a week from now on. Also, I mean a drawing, since she's human. ^^
$10
Saddle/saddlebags
Postcards
(but no stamps)
Multiple books
Other info
Hurt in leg
Cannot run

Companion, friend.
Amaryllis
Roommate, acquaintance.
Shadow
Leader
[/quote]

"Hello," you greet, reaching out a hand. "My name's Khairina, and yours is?"

The girl gives you a look of mild disdain, as if you have just broken some important social rule. For a brief moment, worry fills you, but she shakes your hand, however reluctantly. "I am Ophelia," she replies warily.

Upon hearing the name, you wince, guessing instantly that she has taken plenty of insults against her, from wizards and druids alike. Ophelia is a traditional magician name, after all - an ancient champion who discovered much about the craft - so to find it amongst the ones aligned with nature is rare. If there was a way to nod sympathetically, you would be using it right now. As there is none, you choose instead to smile.

Next, a barrage of questions escapes you- "How many pillows do you sleep with? What's your blood type? What areas of nature magic are you learning? Do you usually choose O or X? Who's your favourite sci-fi author?" You continue on as she stares at you, squinting.

"Khairina, while I love interrogation as much as any other horse, this is not the time." As you hear Earth's voice in your mind, you smile sheepishly, falling silent mid-question.

Seeming relieved, Ophelia answers each of your inquiries one-by-one, leaving you with all the information about her you could ever need. She sleeps with one pillow and a bolster, her blood type is O+, she studies weather, animals, and terrakinesis, she prefers O's to X's, she doesn't like most books, scarlet macaws are her favourite bird.

You talk for several minutes, discussing whatever subjects come to mind, though your conversation, at least on her part, seems stiff. After a while, you realise that classes will begin not long after. After a hasty goodbye, you leave with Earth Beat, heading back to school.

As you walk back to your dorm, you make small bursts of wind, finding amusement in your newfound ability to do so. You may not be strong enough to do much with it, but it should be good for novelty, or other minor tasks.

Speaking of which, you see Ajax and Amaryllis approaching now. The former flies aggressively (is that even possible?), while the latter skips cheerfully. "Hello, Amy," you say, choosing to ignore the hawk. He has not been particularly friendly towards you so far, and you doubt he has taken any liking to you while you were gone. "Are you fine now?"

Last you saw her, her face was partly stained with blood red - an unpleasant sight to remember. You mentally shake your head, trying to get the image out of your head.

"Yep! That really was unpleasant!" Her tone is peppy as usual; it seems infectious, causing you to smile with her. "Hey, have you heard about that rebellion thing?"

As you hear the question, you fight to keep your body language neutral. It may be a good idea to just deny it completely - it is unlikely she is supportive of it, considering her name - as druid-proud as they get. (Excluding, of course, the ancient Appleblossom Treehugger. But according to most sources, her father was likely inebriated while choosing it.) She must have been raised accordingly. But there are plenty who would rebel against their parents' beliefs.

What do you say?

(Edit: fixed the coding.)
Piefan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xura » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:09 pm

Just shrug and try to dodge the question or answer in a neutral way. You can never be too careful.
Xura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me