❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Snowlondon » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:37 am

Sorry it's been so long. Guess I really am lazy hehe.

Anyway, what are your opinions on working on an already started book for naniwrimo?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxHi, I'm Snowlondon!
xxxxxxxxYou can call me Snow. I use
xxxxxxxxshe/her pronouns, and I love
xxxxxxxxwriting, drawing, and baking.
xxxBest Friend x Art Instagram x My Art Shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Snowlondon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachycupcake525 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:53 am

Snowlondon wrote:Sorry it's been so long. Guess I really am lazy hehe.

Anyway, what are your opinions on working on an already started book for naniwrimo?

I say go for it. I view Nanowrimo as a time to challenge yourself and an excuse to work on your writing. I see no reason why you can't continue a book or write another draft or write a book of poems or even write some nonfiction during the time.
peachycupcake525

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:38 am

Snowlondon wrote:Sorry it's been so long. Guess I really am lazy hehe.

I'm rewriting the same story for like the third time so I'd just say whatever's got your interest, you ought to just go for it.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ScarDolphin » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:03 pm

do you have any fantasy/original races of your own? what are they like, and what makes that people what they are?
Most of the stuff I create are ideas I've taken from some place and blend it together to make my own. So not any that are really original, no

Are you participating in NaNoWriMo this year? If so, tell us a bit about what your planning to write!
School's just too busy and I'm stressed enough as it is, so no. But I might join next year!
─── Image ─────────────

I'm Scar // She/her // Cancer // GMT+1 //
─────────────────────────────────────
My interests: My horses // Utapri // Hypmic // Idolish7 // Genshin

───────────────────────────────────────────
⧽ --- ⧼ Trade Thread ⧽ --- ⧼

────────── Image ───
ScarDolphin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:23 pm

do you have any fantasy/original races of your own? what are they like, and what makes that people what they are?
I didn't see this question! Actually, I've got one I'm pretty proud of. I called them Civati, and I think they're one of the coolest things I can think of. They're spawned from solidified dreams, which kinda act like an ood's heart for those who get that ref. They're humanoids covered in short fur with two pairs of fennec ears that can hear wide ranges of sounds. Some are magically inclined, some aren't. They've got hair in various styles so far, and general color scheme matches the color of their dream. Think of color psychology, then find colors that mean the kind of dream you want, and BOOM! Civati pallet created. They be nocturnal, and they've got various important things. They regularly hold these things called Silence and Song. Silence is for, well, silent contemplation, and Song is meant for getting emotions out in a kind of natural choir thing. They've also got this pure silver horn that the Guide ((Leader)) carries around. Most elderly carry canes of night wood ((Think black wood, kinda like how cherry wood is red)). I haven't written about it yet, but they've also got a giant shrine made from a giant night tree and oak twining together over the body of a dragon. The body's decayed and gone now, so there's just a hollow, and it reverberates Song well while blocking outside sounds during Silence, so it's kinda considered holy ground. Yes, I've been thinking about it. No, I don't know how I'll write about it in a story. Also, more stuff and a better reveal and stuff here

I also made a couple of species for this thing I did once. They're humanoid-ish, and the world is kinda confusing, but it's a lot better as a final draft than a first idea. We got tree dwellers with scales and fur folk on the ground. The trees are sharp, but the ground is hollow, so the armored scale peeps can't walk where the lighter fur folk can. They're all named after characteristics, and they live in a forever dark giant cave filled with the sharp trees. The trees have fruit that glow, and the scale peeps gather the food and care for them while the fur folk plant new trees and water the old ones. Like earlier, it's better in the story than what I splurged here, but that's the general gist of what's happening.

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woes » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:07 am

Hhh.

I took a break from writing after finishing my novel thing and I'm finally back,, kinda.
I was putting off removing the story from CS because it just felt like the end, like I was finally done with it, which was sad (and also entirely untrue). But it's all been transferred to a google doc, and I posted a decent update so I feel pretty accomplished. Now I just have to decide whether I want to make it into an animated series or a novel... ',:^I

Would lesser gods count? I have a hierarchy of gods and rules and guidelines for them,, it sounds more complicated than it actually is though. There are vicious and virtuous lesser gods, greater/major gods, and the original goddess. They're categorized by the type of blood/ichor that they have in their veins and how their magic and abilities impact humanity. They can look like normal people or have strangely colored skin, eyes, hair, etc.
woes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dogbrain » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:03 am

When you wake up in the middle of the night from a dream and you say to yourself, "Hm, I should write that name/idea down...eh, I will remember it!" and you don't remember it at all. That really hurts. Or, it also happens during the day. And yet, you still do that same "method."

Do you have any fantasy/original races of your own? what are they like, and what makes that people what they are?
Yes, I have lots. Some are humanoid, some are canine, some are even aquatic. Then again, those are species. Uhh, right, humanoids! I have them, but I haven't fleshed them out since for some reason, I am more focused on the canine ones. Though, I have the very rough ideas! Faun-like creatures that share traits and features of Earth animals. Not entirely original, right? Maybe not now, but they will be. As I said, the idea of them is in its infancy. Hmm, maybe I should explore a little and come back with notes (if I remember to!) about them.
Here is a scrawled timeline...
Ya got a Human --> Humanoid/Alien --> Corrupted Creature
Wolfie ♡ | she/they | infp+t
dogbrain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:20 am

Guess who wrote a thing?

I did! >^.^<

Side note: imma go dark for the upcoming month. I know I'm not all that active here, but NaNo. You understand.

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:44 pm

Hey guys! I've started posting the stories I wrote for Inktober; I'd love if you could check them out, maybe leave me a comment or two :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dogbrain » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:29 am

I miss research papers. Seems like it would help to ignite motivation. My mind is always blank and it's torture...
Wolfie ♡ | she/they | infp+t
dogbrain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me