❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby PoisonArrow » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:56 am

What's your favorite and least favorite genre to write? And what's your favorite and least favorite to read?

In terms of writing, fantasy will always be my favourite because of the amount of freedom you get, I feel as though fantasy as a genre is a mix of everything with a little bit of wonderful thrown in. You don't need to purely focus on the fantasy aspect of the writing you can blend multiple genres together such as writing a crime novel where all of the main characters are vampires for example. Though the world building will always be my favourite part of fantasy writing, being able to create your own world is just something I love doing.

I've always had trouble writing romances mainly because I just can't relate to the emotions very well. I don't really like reading them too much for the same reason, I won't disregard a book because it has romance in it but I won't pick up a book where the romance is the main focus.
PoisonArrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:43 am

Hi everyone!
Guess what - I'm not dead! I've just been so busy!! Exams, waiting for results, results, moving to university, starting university, working etc. I have had absolutely no time for writing! (Literally had to do 3 espresso shots to function on Monday)

Anyways, hello to all new people! And hello again to people who I've missed :D

What's your favourite and least favourite genre to write? And what's your favourite and least favourite to read?

I love writing realistic sci-fi (i.e. set on earth) because you have the freedom to create anything but you always have a basis to work with in real life. Plus is gets rid of the pressure of worldbuilding which I (unpopular opinion coming up) really don't enjoy. I also love, love, love to write horror. It's a great way to get out angers and frustrations in a cathartic way, and it's always fun to come up with new ways to describe horrible situations.

As for my least favourite to write - period/historical. I just don't enjoy having to do all that research into history and getting called out for inaccuracies and such. I never used to like writing romance, but since having a couple of little love affaris myself I find it (again) a good way to cathart about things (especially with the girl I'm currently in love with). Trust me, the poetry I have beenn writing when I can has more often than before been cheesy love poems (oh dear, I'm turning into Byron)

My favourites to read are horror, fantasy and sci-fi. Horror/thriller mostly! Stephen King is an icon, and one of my favourite hobbies is to pick out issues in the film adaptations (or appreciate the ways they change them/reference other things in his universe)

My least favouite to read has got to be freakin teen-fiction/drama. It's all so cringey and cliche and ugh I just can't. Everyone loves John Green but you can see his plot points in any damn drama you read. Sorry if you disagree with me, but I just cannot stand them.
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mattrag » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:55 am

on liking what to write:
    fantasy!!! always fantasy!! I love creating new worlds, wild systems and concepts—the sheer amount of freedom it gives you is a power that doesn't come with responsibility ;D you have complete control over what you create—no rules to follow! also, i have so much fun creating fantasy lands, races, and societies and whatnot.

i also enjoy writing romance—not long-term or as a running theme, but i do like writing emotions and cutesy stuff, especially since i probably need to take a break from my usual dark themes. funny thing is, i'm ace, and i don't think i've ever had a sort of attraction to anyone romantically, ever—yet people tell me they think my romance writing is really cute! :0c

oohh, this might sound odd, but i also love writing essays. it's just so relaxing, and a lot easier than fictive writing.

least favorite to write? hmm...
    real-world fiction. like, you know, stuff that would take place in a high school/college or at someone's job. i can't really explain why, i guess it's because i'm such a fantasy girl that i can't take the real world. xD

I like reading fantasy, obviously, but I'm really picky. I love some good worldbuilding, and the characters always have to be top-notch, no exceptions. The problem is, in my opinion a lot of recent fantasy/fiction writing all feels like the same thing...you know?

As much as i like writing romance, I hate reading it. The issue is that mostly a lot of romance novels or romance in books isn't pulled off too well—it's hard to get invested in it; let me care about the characters first. then the relationship.i could go on about this for a while, better stop myself.

i don't want to load ya'll up with questions, but i just gotta know:
    do you have any fantasy/original races of your own? what are they like, and what makes that people what they are?
╔═════════════════════╗
✦ [matt] [he/him] [adult] ✦
mattrag

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ultimate writer. » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:22 pm

What's your favorite and least favorite genre to write? And what's your favorite and least favorite to read?

My most favorite genre will be Action, since I watch mostly murder mystery books and games (like Danganronpa). It's actually fun to write the situations for me. I always make the story happy at first, but then... Yeah. Yes I keep the situation safe for kids reading.
Sometimes I do Slice of Life too!
I still have three books that involve both Action and Adventure

My least favorite genre is...
Romance
I think cheesy and fast romance isn't my cup of tea...
ultimate writer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AriDeZu » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:14 pm

I have found recently, as Wren and Ranger and Schemer will tell you that I like writing angst stuff. I also like writing action and slow burn romance/found family/friendship.

I guess I haven't really found a genre I don't like reading yet. It mostly depends on how it was written. I like reading the same kinds of things I write though
Hi there! I love anime and manga. Mainly Fairy Tail, Psycho Pass, From Far Away, SNK, Akagami no Shirayuki-Hime, and Akatsuki no Yona.
I really like talking to other people so feel free to pm me :)
I'm open to most trades, so again, feel free to send me one :)
Image Image

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:04 pm

do you have any fantasy/original races of your own? what are they like, and what makes that people what they are?
I do indeed, although I haven't used them for awhile lol, oops. They're basically human, but have luminescent markings on their faces — almost like tattoos, but there naturally. They're a nomad-type culture, and they're super cool and I love them for no reason other than they're mine XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yubel Fated » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:28 pm

my favorite Genre to write is action probably. and I love reading Action. My least favorite is Romantic.

-laughing-

No. I dont. I'm not that creative.

I'm not your protagonist I'm not even my own
I don't know anything I don't even know what I don't know

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

╔══════════════╗
Name: Shadow
Profile: Judai/Jaden Yuki
Previous: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~
╚══════════════╝

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

The artificial way the sunlight bounces off of
g̸̢̮̥̏͝l̷͔̘͍̑̍͝ì̶̛̠̖̒t̸̢̰̩̀̔̾̕c̴̨̘͌̄̈́̿h̶̡͙͔̫̆͜͝í̴̝̎͛̀n̵̡̘̰̈́̔ḡ̷̢̨̫̬̓̀ leaves

────────────────

Yubel Fated

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:47 pm

For the most part when I write fantasy I use already created species/races like selkies, dragons, phoenixes, ect, and just put an my own spin on them. Though lately I've been doing sci-fi and a lot of aliens and allowing myself a lot of creative freedom with those

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bilaz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:53 am

Heeeey everyone! I haven't been here in a long time! I don't expect anyone to remember me, I might have been here under the name Lunar Kitty? Or Sasha? I posted some diary entries that I wrote, doesn't matter.

Anyway wooo time has passed and I've made SO much progress. I've been fleshing out all my characters like crazy, I've been developing their world, the plot, everything and it's finally turning into something I can be proud of! I couldn't be happier, I've been roleplaying some of my characters too to get to know them in other scenarios and I've been talking with other writers... It's just so great! I'm going to keep brainstorming until I'm truly happy with my outline of the plot and all the characters and once I've reached that stage I can begin actually writing it!
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
And so all things, time will mend
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝
x➤ My OC Erik, I love to write stories
x➤ Sasha - ISFJ - vegan - adult
x➤ Proud tea drinker and cat lover
x➤ Feel free to send me a message! ©

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loxo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi, I was thinking of joining this thread. I guess everyone answers these questions, so I’ll do that, too.

What's your favorite and least favorite genre to write?
And what's your favorite and least favorite to read?

My favorite genre is fiction and fantasy, because no one can tell me what to do. I can have magic, talking animals, pathetic villains, invented locations, and whatever else I want.
My least favorite is probably historical fiction; I tried one and never got into the actual writing; I was just so bored with all the research.

My favorite genres to read are fiction, fantasy, mystery, and suspense. I love solving mysteries alongside characters and enjoying all the cool worlds that authors create.
My least favorite is probably nonfiction. If there aren’t wizards, dragons, shapeshifters, superpowers, time travel, or talking animals, then I’m not interested. And no, parrots don’t count.
Hi, I’m Loxo, formerly Bageera. I love cats, rabbits, and writing.

I am an author and love to write. I prefer xenofiction (books from an animal or non-human perspective) and fantasy!

I work at an aquarium, so if I mention doing odd things (holding tarantulas, getting attacked by feral chickens, helping kids to feed sharks, cleaning up tortoise turds, chasing escaped ducks, etc.) then they probably happened at my job!

The book I’m reading today: The Return of the King (Book 3 in the Lord of the Rings trilogy)
Animal of the day: Jumping mouse
Extinct creature of the day: Quetzalcoatlus
My favorite colors: Emerald green and electric blue

I currently hoard rabbits of all kinds, spiders, tabby cats, and calico cats.
Feel free to PM or trade with me. I love to interact with other CS users!
Loxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me