❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Krenko » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:09 am

Soooooo, um, hi I suppose. You might remember me, but probably not. I don't really want to get into why I was gone for....a long time- mostly because real life stuff happened and I was too awkward to come back after I had gone for a while.

Sorry.

I don't even want to post this because I don't know what the replies will be, but I need to grow up and just do it.
doot doot
Krenko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Cas. » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:48 am

I would have said villian child kill said, killer.

I'm boring,
I’m leaving the site. Anything that is unlocked in my trades or items is up for grabs. PM me for locked pets or C$
.Cas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:49 am

Krenko wrote:Soooooo, um, hi I suppose. You might remember me, but probably not. I don't really want to get into why I was gone for....a long time- mostly because real life stuff happened and I was too awkward to come back after I had gone for a while.

Sorry.

I don't even want to post this because I don't know what the replies will be, but I need to grow up and just do it.

KRENKO!!!! You're back! *flings hugs at you* I'm sorry you felt like you might not be "welcome" -- that's a horrible feeling, I know. But I'm glad you are! Have you written anything? Or have you lived up to your name and stayed a Lazy Writer?
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Krenko » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:14 am

...what do you think? :lol: I've written some, I suppose, not a lot though.
doot doot
Krenko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:33 am

Krenko wrote:Soooooo, um, hi I suppose. You might remember me, but probably not. I don't really want to get into why I was gone for....a long time- mostly because real life stuff happened and I was too awkward to come back after I had gone for a while.

Sorry.

Hi! Welcome back! I'd love to see anything you have written while you've been gone! I could use the inspo, I'm fresh out :lol:

That being said, I am trying to write a poem/possibly-a-song for my friend (who I may or may not be falling for) and im wondering what you guys think of the tiny amount I've come up with so far?
untitled wrote:Our first concert was an All Time Low
Making friends in the queue for Panic! at the Disco
Nights in the Fleece for random punk cover bands
When all I really want is to take hold of your hands

That's literally all I have so far, and I'd like it to be at least song length (and done before June bc I was going to play it for her at some point before school ends) and I go off to university. It's very heavily inspired by All Time Low's earlier albums (So Wrong It's Right and Nothing Personal mainly) so I'm try to make it about being teenagers together and discovering who we are. Cheesy I know but I really want to make it mean something to me and, more importantly, her. If anyone has any song writing experience or advice, that would be much appreciated!
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Krenko » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:44 am

I have no experience in song writing, but, generally songs have a repeating bit. Do you plan to have something like that? Having an idea for how the instrumentals are going to go would be a good idea as well.

I've never heard of All Time Low, so I'll go listen to some of their songs and see if I can help more.

(And I plan to write some later, if I do I'll post it)
doot doot
Krenko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:47 am

Krenko wrote:I have no experience in song writing, but, generally songs have a repeating bit. Do you plan to have something like that? Having an idea for how the instrumentals are going to go would be a good idea as well.

I've never heard of All Time Low, so I'll go listen to some of their songs and see if I can help more.

(And I plan to write some later, if I do I'll post it)

It's going to be a ukulele song so instrumentals aren't really gonna happen unless I end up using a different strumming pattern to my usual one. I'll definitely have a chorus, the bit I posted is probably part of a verse. Thanks for the help!

Quick edit:: I'm sort of thinking the chorus will be something about us being awesome people when we're apart, but together being like one amazing person, if that makes sense?

(I definitely recommend listening to ATL if you don't, I'm seeing them live for a second time next Saturday!!)
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN

winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Krenko » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:57 am

Yeah, that makes sense.

Okay, emotion and story telling seem to be (according to youtube comments I've read) key factors in if someone likes a song or not. So make sure it's emotional, and it's a song that both of you can "get" if you know what I mean. Maybe include inside jokes, if you have them and they make sense. And it's okay to revise, no one can write a song and have it perfect the first time.

If you would like anymore bands to listen to for inspiration, I can PM you some.

So emotion and personal, is what I think I'm trying to say.
doot doot
Krenko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:04 am

Krenko wrote:Yeah, that makes sense.

Okay, emotion and story telling seem to be (according to youtube comments I've read) key factors in if someone likes a song or not. So make sure it's emotional, and it's a song that both of you can "get" if you know what I mean. Maybe include inside jokes, if you have them and they make sense. And it's okay to revise, no one can write a song and have it perfect the first time.

If you would like anymore bands to listen to for inspiration, I can PM you some.

So emotion and personal, is what I think I'm trying to say.

That's really useful! I mean, this is pretty early days writing this, given I literally only started writing it tonight. Maybe i should just branistorm ideas of what I want to include, then go from there.
Some other bands of inspiration would be great though! PM me :D
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN

winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KawaiiPanda58 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:56 pm

Alright,still don't know what to write about. I want something unique, but I don't know what.

And hi Krenko! I don't believe I've seen you before, as you said you where gone for a long time. I hope to help you with some writing some time!

Hi! I'm KawaiiPanda58, but you can call me Panda!
She/Her pronouns please.
I always enjoy trades so feel free to send me one!
INFP| ★ |♀️
[sig credit | pixel credit | characters | avatar credit]

KawaiiPanda58

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me