When Worlds Collide~An Original Story by Captain Plucky

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

I hope you're liking the story.

Yeah, I love it!
50%
It needs a bit of work, but otherwise I can enjoy it. c:
50%
Well, it's bad. Try to work harder. ^^;;;
No votes

Total votes : 2

Re: When Worlds Collide~An Original Story by Captain Plucky

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:24 pm

Hhhhhhh

dun dun DUN...

oh dear :shock:

Btw, if you create a new paragraph every time a new person speaks it makes your work easier to read and gives the added bonus of making it look more professional *adjusts imaginary tie* XD ;)

Great work on this!! :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Plucky » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:48 am

(May I just say that you are perfect at sound effects?
Really? Thanks! I'll try to apply that to this post! Just tell me if I do it wrong
*Starts drowning in the compliments* halp ur 2 nice.)

pooopChristine racked her brain for any memories she might have on a meeting place with Xander. She, in all honesty, was starting to panic. What if she suddenly, inexplicably forgot everything about Sephtis? What if she hit her head and could only remember her name? What if a magic fairy came and whisked her away to a cloud where she would do nothing but whistle and eat vapor all day???
pooopOkay, me, that last one was just silly. I could just turn into a dragon and fly away! Sheesh. She shook her head, her mind starting to feel cloudy and stuffy. Her night shift at 'The Shining Plate' was starting to get to her senses. Of all the things I forget, I forget the meeting place! Oh, why can't I remember? The girl shuffled her feet in a frantic circle, having no clue as to what to do next. As a few seconds passed, and there was no fairy to whisk her away, Christine started to calm down. Maybe I should just settle down, and think this through. She decided slowly, going to the small wall next to the castle and sitting down. As she observed the streets, it looked the the city was starting to wake up. Shopkeepers were setting up their items, and musicians got into place in the square and tuned their instruments. This, the dragonet fiddled with her bar dress, noting to change out of it asap. Is the calm before the storm. No one has an idea what's going on behind their backs. With a sigh, she picked up her armor and looked for a private place to change.
pooopThe town, for once, was quiet, and the mercenary hated the thought of that changing. Putting on her regular clothes and re-equipping her sword, she decided to go into the castle. After all, Xander was most likely in there. She kept her head to the floor, not wanting to see the horribly flashy and tempting walls ever again. It was hard enough since she adored jewels of any kind. I should go see Matthew. He might know where Xander is. Recalling as much as she could, the princess followed her instincts and went down the halls of the massive castle. With a careful knock, she hoped that she had picked the right door. Otherwise, there would be some very awkward problems to deal with.
pooop"Yes?" Matthew's voice called, Christine breathing out in relief.
pooop"It's-um, Xander's friend. Do you remember me? I have a question." she said blankly, a gasp of realization coming from inside. The door opened, and the Nobleman smiled at the female. "I've been expecting you, pit-of-fire. Your friend told you to meet at the outskirts of town. That was your question, wasn't it?" he asked, re-adjusting his grip on his cane. "Yes, actually, thank you so much!" she shook his hand thankfully, and turned to leave. "Oh, I actually have another question." the dragon stated suddenly before Matthew closed his door. "Of course, what is it?" he inquired. "Why do you call me 'pit-of-fire'? Is it the hair?" she gestured at her redhead, the curls landing on front of her shoulders gracefully. "Dear girl, it almost explains itself." he started,
pooop"You have fire in your very heart, I can tell. It's an unquenchable flame that will never die for its cause. It is...a secret fire, however. But, no matter what, it's always there, growing by the second. That is why I've named you that." he smiled at the now flabbergasted girl. "But you should be going now, I'm afraid. Xander told me that you had to get to him as quickly as you could. Goodbye." Matthew closed his door, leaving Christine in shock. Does--does he know I'm a dragon? That I can change into one? Was that just a wise observation? Somehow, the girl now found herself wishing that she had picked the wrong door. I honestly can't worry about it now. I need to get to Xander. In a serious case of Deja Vu, Christine ran out of the castle and to the borderline of the city.
Last edited by Captain Plucky on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hello there everyone,
I'm Captain Plucky!

---------------------
🐉 🥇🔥🐺

I love to write,
goof off, stargaze, and
generally have a good
time. If you ever
need anything, feel
free to talk to me!

---------------------
🎨 Credit
ImageImage

Captain Plucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:14 am

Hahaha thanks XD
Hey, no problem! :D

Hhhhh
Watch out for the naughty fairies, dragon :o
XD

I've decided I really like Matthew :D

*bites tongue to stop from saying how good this is*
don't want you to drown before you finish, do we? XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Plucky » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:39 pm

(She's flipping out because Matthew is way closer to the truth than he'll ever realize.
Ooh, it's nice to know my old man has a fan!
*Gurgles "I must agree with you there"* X3)

pooop"Oh, that's definitely our assassin." Xander told Christine in a confident tone after she informed him about her events at the inn.
pooop"Really? You're that positive?" she questioned, poking a stick at the fire her friend had started. "Sephtis means 'Eternal Death,' Christine, not to mention I've heard that name more than a few times. He's one of the most illusive, deadliest killers in Aldia, however almost no one knows about him." he turned the raw meat that was hanging over the fire, focused on not burning it. "When I became a professional at this job, that was the first time I heard his name. He's apparently very dangerous and feared by the people who have heard of him. One of the best, obviously. I used to have him as my role model before I discovered how cruel and evil he was."
pooop"So there are good murderers? Is that what you're saying?" the girl joked, throwing the twig she was holding into the fire. "You know what I mean." Xander responded with a short laugh. "Sephtis is the definition of 'corrupt'. He's a ruthless killer who can and will destroy anyone in his path of fortune and power. It's said that if he has to, he'll kill his victim in front of a group very conspicuously. Then the man will mass-murder any and all witnesses." he rubbed his arms, a chill coming up on the seemingly impenetrable man. "Oh, wow." the dragonet breathed, staring at the ground. "Even worse, time is against us, Christine. A ball celebrating King Faul's birthday is tomorrow."
"Tomorrow??" she echoed in disbelief, getting up from her place. "But-we have so much to do then! We gotta figure out his plans, when he wants to attack, how he'll do it, and-" "Calm down, calm down!" Xander intervened, standing up and holding the girl's shoulders firmly. "I'm the assassin here, remember? That's the stuff I do. It's literally what I live for. Not to mention I've already got as much information as I could from a stakeout I did while you were gone. Please don't fret, Christine; all we have to do now is plan our counterattack, alright? No need to freak out and panic. It really won't do us anything." he stared into the princess's eyes evenly, trying to give her some comfort. There was a moment of silence as the female processed all these thing. "Wow," she held Xander's wrists in a friendly manner. He didn't flinch or move his arms, even with this physical contact. "You were able to watch some of Sephtis's guys and not be detected? Wow! That's so amazing! I mean, you tricked the best of the best! You should be really, really proud of yourself!" she squealed happily and suddenly. In this short amount of time, Christine had gone from a worrisome adult to an awe-stricken five-year-old. The man seemed very flattered by this, and let go of the girl's shoulders now that she was feeling better. "Oh dear, you are going to drown me in these wonderful compliments one day, Christine." he said timidly, flushing. "Please don't drown! I would hate for you to do that!" she said, sarcasm in her tone. Xander chuckled lowly, smiling softly. "Alright then, I won't. But back to Sephtis. I'm afraid we'll have to start working on that plan now and stop joking around." he looked around for a moment, curious to what Matthew was doing at the moment. Hopefully he was safe. "Right, right." she trailed, glancing at her friend. With the way she was feeling, she was sure that she could take any challenge on!
Last edited by Captain Plucky on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello there everyone,
I'm Captain Plucky!

---------------------
🐉 🥇🔥🐺

I love to write,
goof off, stargaze, and
generally have a good
time. If you ever
need anything, feel
free to talk to me!

---------------------
🎨 Credit
ImageImage

Captain Plucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:37 am

Hhhhhh
I'm on the edge of my seeeaaat Image
PleaseBeSafePleaseBeSafePleaseBeSafePleaseBeSafe Image

lol now the assassin is drowning >X3
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Plucky » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:44 am

(I will my make little man and dragon princess as safe as I can. :3 Let's hope they catch the culprit!
Heh, I totally wasn't referencing our conversation!!!)

pooopThe day before King Faul's birthday had been the most hectic day of poor Christine's life. Her and Xander had to not only think up a plan that would defeat a Master Murderer like Sephtis; they had to do it fast. She felt like Xander did most of the work, but the girl really couldn't help it. The concept of traps, knowing what the enemy knows, and outsmarting each other made her head her worse than it ever had. The man tried to console her and say that it was a hard thing to grasp, but that didn't make her feel any better. She was a dragon! Dragons were suppose to be superior to humans in every way! Imagine what sort of a representative she would be, not understanding something a human male does! Nonetheless, they finished their plan and went straight to the castle so they could execute it. The two only had a few hours to stop a death.
pooop"Putting myself in his shoes, I would say he would try and wait for King Faul in the higher levels. We should check there before anything else." the assassin explained, beginning to go up the massive amount of swirling stairs. As the two investigated every corner, nook, and cranny, Christine allowed her mind to wander for the time being.
pooopHmm, what would it be like, having to wait and wait and wait for the right moment to kill someone? And what happens if you lose or waste that chance? I bet it causes a lot of havoc. Jeez, if I really try to think about it, I can see why Sephtis just eliminates everyone at the scene. In that case, I guess it's somehow easier than just going after one person and having the risk of getting noticed. "Christine, I have a plan." Xander said, looking behind a wardrobe. "I'll stay up here for the ball, but you should stay on the lower levels and keep an eye out. If you see anything suspicious, call me. I'll be there in a flash." he ushered the female down the steps as he said these things. "Quickly! We don't have much time before the party starts!" he urged, watching the princess go down the steps.
pooop"I won't let you down, Xander! See you later!" she said, going down the steps as fast as her legs could carry her. When she arrived at the main floor, guests started to arrive. Every single one gave her a strange look for not wearing a dress. She attempted to simply smile the harsh gazes off, but it was difficult. Especially when so many were coming at once. The girl scanned the area multiple times, desperate to find some evidence of the killers arrival. Alas, this was no avail.
Until something black flashed in the corner of her eye. Spinning around wildly, she turned to face the mysterious foe; but no one was there. Wiping her head, feeling delusional, she returned to looking and tried to shake off the confusion.
And then she saw it again. A chill ran up her spine. A cold, blood-freezing chill that did not subside like a normal, short cold front would. Turning again, her breathing heightened, yet she saw nothing. The mercenary didn't go back to her place this time, and instead started to check the furniture around her. No one was hiding behind anything, and she was being stared at tremendously now. "Who's there?" she called in a whisper, in a sense asking for trouble. There wasn't a response. Christine rubbed her arms together, still cold. But, she was sure that someone other than the party guests were watching her. She was determined to find them! pooopRemembering Xander's words, she tried to think like an assassin. If she was Sephtis, where would she hide? How would she be psyching out her enemy's? Well, by making herself seem more powerful and mysterious, of course. Okay, that's the first thing she would do. But how would she do that? By making it seem like she had more people by her side, and not being what she seemed.
Not being what she seemed...how ironic for her. Nonetheless, it gave her an idea. And if she was wrong about it, the girl didn't doubt that she'd be kicked out for being so weird. The dragon shuffled her feet closer and closer to the guard posted next to the entrance door, who was trying to ignore the approaching redhead. "Hey," she said quietly, "Are you Sephtis? Because, um, I remember you from the bar. And you aren't doing a very good job at your 'guard impression'." she stated bluntly, resting her hand on her sword hilt. The man didn't make eye contact with her and didn't respond. Instead, as quick as a whip, he pulled out his sword and cut Christine in the cheek. She hissed wretchedly at the sudden pain, her vision becoming blurry for a moment.
pooop"Xander!" she ran to the stairway as the guard escaped from her sight. "Xander! Emergency! Come on!" she yelled, a black flash suddenly appearing on the stairs. "Let's go! I'll follow you!" he replied, appearing at Christine's side. The girl started running where she thought Sephtis went, putting herself in the zone to chase someone. They scurried across the castle, startling visitors and cooks alike. In the chase, the "guard" would push stuff in their way that would make Christine and Xander need to act in a split second. The man did it with ease, but our girl could stand to do better. They went up levels and down, one time the mercenary even worried that they had lost the killer. But they kept on sprinting, keeping a close eye on the target. At last, he was cornered at the highest level on a balcony, with no place to go.
pooop"Realize," Sephtis warned, pointing at the duet with a strong hand. His voice was laid back like Xander's, but was still different. "I am the best Aldia has to offer with assassins. If you try to prevent me from doing my job, you're only like the dozens of people who dared oppose me. I can cut you two down without a sweat." he spat, grabbing his sides. His tone had a edge and was cold as ice, almost like it had grown to be that way after all of the demanding jobs he had finished.
pooop"You think we got this far by guessing where murderers hang out, and that we just do it for fun? No. We're smarter than that. You should know by now that we're no ordinary sell-swords." Xander responded harshly, a stand-offish and steely expression on his face. "Sephtis, I'm sure the name 'Xander' has come to you more than once. Faul wouldn't be where he is now without me."
"Indeed, I must give you that. I really wanted that job, but no. People have to choose the guy that's fresh out of school. But that was just a lucky break, fellow throat-slitter. In the real world, you make a reputation for yourself before you get jobs like that one. Xander," he chuckled evilly, a undercurrent of daggers in his voice. "You can't begin to compare with me. Not even after that infamous first assignment of yours. I still dominate your skill, as I will prove by tearing you apart." he pulled two long knives out, both with a black blade and lined with silver. Christine and her friend pulled out their swords, ready for the fight.
pooopI can't believe that Sephtis is comparing himself to me and Xander. Again, I'm a dragon, you foolish human! I could burn you to a crisp right now. I could crush you beneath my talons and eat you alive. I could bring down this entire palace on you and fly away with all of this building's treasure in my paws! She bit her lip, all of that sounding much too good at the moment. This wasn't the time to deal with the dragon part of her begging to come out. But, the urge was growing stronger every day, each time becoming harder to resist. It was frustrating, to say the least. However, she had to deal with that later. Right now, it would be fatal to get distracted. The three charged at each other with great force, Sephtis's daggers being very fast, and very deadly. Christine was confident that, since it was a two on one, that they would win. The music was so loud downstairs, no one noticed the clash of fate. If only they knew what was unfolding right above them. The fight was long and trying to every limb in the dragonet's body, but she continued on. Eventually, even the great King Faul Assassin became tired, and Xander pinned him to the ground in frustration. Sephtis coughed, struggling to get up. He had been badly wounded by the two, but they had gotten some cuts in return. Christine had a long one in her side, however she wasn't sure about her buddy. "H-heh..." Sephtis laughed, coughing up some blood. "Who would've thought...I'd get this much time to stall you two from the real me...." he dropped his head on the ground, unconscious. The two stared at each other, horror and disbelief in both of their faces. This had just been a huge distraction! How devious. With a rush of adrenaline, they went to the ballroom with no other ideas. When they had gotten to the center, they saw King Faul on his throne. Xander and Christine glanced around wildly, where was the real killer???
pooopSuddenly, the girl's acute ears heard a bowstring being pulled back. She tugged on the mysterious apologizers shoulder, pointing to the top balcony. There was another person who looked exactly like Sephtis, most likely it was the real one. Before she could act, before the body guards could act, the bow was released and a arrow was flying through the air. It seemed like time slowed down as the mercenary could only watch as it aimed for Faul's heart. Then, something appeared in it's way, and time sped up again.
pooopXander was in front of the King, a arrow in his stomach. A random woman's shriek echoed through the room, and the entire parts erupted with confusion and fear. Christine was legitimately frozen in place from what had happened, and let the people around her flee the room. With all of the moving heads and bodies in the place, she couldn't see King Faul or the assassin. After everyone had left, she shook herself vigorously, snapping herself into reality. "Xander!" she cried, the man in the same place that he was before. In a moment, he straightened up and squared his shoulders, looking at Christine evenly. "I'm fine." he assured, his tone pain-free. "Just get this stupid thing out of me." he walked up to her, grinning like the stick wasn't even hurting. The dragon princess was completely bewildered, how was that possible?? She took it out, and her friend looked pleased. "Ah, there we go. Now we can go see Matthew." he stared at the hole in his armor. "Wait." he corrected himself, staring at his buddy's face.
pooop"What. Is. That?" he asked, pointing at the scar on her cheek. "Oh, Sephtis gave me that before I called you. He was dressed as a guard, so I didn't expect it." she explained, neither of them noticing that King Faul had left his throne. Xander's eye's seemed to glint with some sort of unspeakable rage, and he clenched his fist behind his back. "Hmm. I guess I'll just hunt him down and cut him 1,000 times on his cheek. Then I'll kill him. That'll make up for it." he decided aloud, brushing off his clothes. "If you say so." she shrugged, then remembering something. "Oh right! Oh my gosh! We have to get you a doctor for your wounds!" Christine exclaimed, noticing many other cuts on his sides and shoulders. "Listen. That can wait, I promise. They aren't that deep, and the armor took most of it. I really want to go see Matthew now." he urged, strolling to the door casually. As the girl thought about it, Xander seemed fine, so why push it? That, and she wasn't even completely human, so what would she know about treatment? He probably was just fine.
pooopThey got the directions to The Fallen Tribe from Matthew, who wrote it on a map and gave them a nice hug for a goodbye. Not to mention the two also split a handsome reward for saving the King. They were now ready to face the Fallen Tribe and anything else on the way. A feeling of dread and worry started looming over Christine that she knew wouldn't go until her job was done.
pooopOh, how do I get the feeling that this isn't going to be easy?
Last edited by Captain Plucky on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello there everyone,
I'm Captain Plucky!

---------------------
🐉 🥇🔥🐺

I love to write,
goof off, stargaze, and
generally have a good
time. If you ever
need anything, feel
free to talk to me!

---------------------
🎨 Credit
ImageImage

Captain Plucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:26 pm

*splutters* OhGoshThatWasTOOClose!! *chokes*
*pants heavily*

XANDER DON'T YOU DARE DO THAT AGAIN!! *shakes*

Aren't they going to imprison Sephtis? Were they only looking to stop the one assassination attempt?
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Plucky » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:42 pm

(The funny thing is I think I know that feeling you're having right now all to well...
Xander can't promise anything. ;]
Yes, but Sephtis and his double ran away before the two could imprison him, sadly. But they're happy with what they got out of the plan.
P.S I adore your signature.)

pooopThe whole day Christine and Xander traveled, it was quiet. That was a good thing, though, because the girl had a lot in her head that needed to be sorted out. The man's wounds were very fresh, some still bleeding. But he wasn't fazed by it, and didn't even flinch if a twig or something from the trees got caught in it. Was this some sort of power that allowed him to defeat the rouge dragon?? Whatever it was, the girl was dying to know. If all humans had this sort of power...dragonkind could be in a but of trouble. If a war broke out, the bloodshed on both sides would be remarkable.
pooopArgh, but I can't just straight up ask him! That would be really rude and creepy. She wiped her brow, the Sphere of Revolution closer than ever. How am I supposed to get that stupid orb without Xander? How will I distract him? Grinning at her friend, concealing her thoughts, they walked past a village which seemed to have no problems. He doesn't even look like the heat is bothering him, and it's BOILING out here! Especially if your wearing black armor like that! What on Aldia is his secret??? The more questions she asked herself, the more confusing and intriguing it got. Ooh, the assassin had a secret, a secret of some unknown power!
Wait, that sounded familiar to Christine...oh yeah. She was a dragon. Suddenly, she found herself attempting to be in Xander's position. He was just like her; he had something that couldn't be told no matter how much he wanted. But, that just made her want to know it even more! What was it???
As night fell, the two were halfway to the boarder of The Fallen Tribe and the Humans world. Christine bit her lip, scared for her future. The darkness engulfing her everywhere didn't help at all. Nonetheless, she helped set up camp, and tried to go to sleep. It was a heartfelt, but sorry attempt. She tossed and turned, but couldn't get comfortable. Staring at the stars, she was horribly hot. This was probably the worst night's sleep of her life. At least Xander was sleeping. She closed her eyes, determined to sleep. This didn't help the matter, it just made her feel a little more pathetic. If I changed into my true form right now, would Xander even see me? It's very dark out, and I can be stealthy if I need to be. I could fly in the clouds and breathe in nice, cool air. I could stretch my wings as far as the sky would let me. I would do tricks in the air, just like old times at the kingdom... a burst of sadness came over as she thought of home and her family. She refused to cry, and instead tried to think of something that would soothe her,
pooop"You need to be strong, got it? You are a dragon, and dragons don't cry." Her fathers words rang through her head, and didn't cease to soothe and comfort. After a while of that, she felt like she could sleep. But then, she heard something. Is someone... she strained her ears, due to the fact that the sound was immensely quiet. Crying? Christine got up from her bed and followed her hearing, which led to a tree that she thought Xander was sleeping in. Apparently he was having a breakdown as well. But, what was his about?
pooop"Xander?" she whispered, climbing up the trunk slowly so she didn't alarm him. The sound of a head hitting a branch appeared above her, and the princess felt guilty. "What's wrong?" she inquired, sitting next to the man.
pooop"Nothing, you don't need to concern yourself with my problems. I can do this alone." he smirked pitifully, every word he said coming out slower and slower. He wiped tears from his face, but the stains remained. "Xander, I want to know what's upsetting you. Don't be foolish." she said sternly, looking at him with a persistent expression. He took a deep breath in and, when he let it out, a whole mountain of worry's and fear's seemed to go with it. "I owe you an explanation." he started. "That arrow, it didn't hurt. The cuts Sephtis gave me, well, some of them I didn't even notice until today. Christine," he turned to her, his bright blue eyes the only see-able thing to her in the dark night.
pooop"This isn't some sort of magic power. It isn't something a witch gave me. It's a curse. A disease. A love-hate relationship, to be blunt." he paused for a moment, trying to sort his words. "Leprosy. This is my infection. If you are not familiar, it makes me unable to feel pain. But here's my problem." he grabbed his brown hair stress-fully. "I became an assassin because I had the skill to become one. Because my family was poor and I needed to make gold. But.." he stared at his hands, tears re-appearing in his eyes. "To be a killer, you must separate yourself from emotion. You must refuse to feel anything about anyone. However, I already have a disease where I can't feel pain. So, to take away the only feelings I have left..." Xander dropped his head on the tree woefully, his face showing despair. "I-I just don't know if I'm really human anymore. But, I have to continue this job to support my parents, because I love them more than anything. But, am I allowed to feel anything anymore???" he cried, planting his head in his hands. Christine clicked her tongue, shocked at this outburst. Xander was always so laid back and untouchable, it was strange to see him like this. However, she couldn't think of that now. She had a friend to support. "There, there," she cooed, putting her hand on his shoulder. "You're worried you aren't human? I don't see why you are. Remember what you did for the king? Remember how you saved me from the Enchantress? I think you're looking at this the wrong way. To be an assassin, you have to still keep a little bit of humanity. If all of the murders were emotionless, it would be a terrible day. Xander, you are the most kind, caring, and wonderful person I've ever met. To be sad about these things is above you. You are the most human person I've ever seen, and I want you to remember that. You're special to me, and everyone you've ever helped. Just keep doing what you love to do, and if you feel anything, well good! Just let go and be who you were born to be; human."
pooopOh, how the words in her mouth tasted like deceit. Who was she to talk about humanity? Probably the most unqualified, really! Would this pep talk even help? How could it since she wasn't even totally human? Xander blushed deeply, but the mercenary couldn't see it. Wiping off more tears, he smiled a little, looking a lot better. "I can't begin to say how much that means to me, Christine. Thank you for helping me, and I'll be sure to follow your advice. I truly mean that. Thank you. he said. "I'm always here for you, Xander, it's no problem at all." The princess replied, patting him on his shoulder. "Come on, let's get to bed. We have a big day ahead of us."
Last edited by Captain Plucky on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello there everyone,
I'm Captain Plucky!

---------------------
🐉 🥇🔥🐺

I love to write,
goof off, stargaze, and
generally have a good
time. If you ever
need anything, feel
free to talk to me!

---------------------
🎨 Credit
ImageImage

Captain Plucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:26 pm

Ah, right, okay :D
Hehehe thanks >XD :lol:

:shock: wait. was Xander... crying?!?!?!?! *waves hands in the air* I can't believe he's crying!! That's actually rather cute! What's happening to the world?!?! *collapses*

Christine you're such a liar
i mean, it worked
but you're such a liar...
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Plucky » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:35 am

(He was crying, surprising I know! But I'm guessing he's been holding those worries of his in a little too long. And yes, it's actually super cute when he cries! still not good, but on the other hand it's adorable!!
Oh, she's well aware of that, believe me.)

pooopThe two headed out a little late in the morning, since it seemed like Xander needed to sleep in.
pooop"So, is it beneficial sometimes to have Leprosy?" Christine asked, wanting to get her mind off of The Fallen Tribe. But, sadly, at this time, when she was so close to it; it was merely impossible.
pooop"Yes, remember with the arrow and King Faul? If I had any feeling from those cuts Sephtis gave me, I probably wouldn't have physically fared well with it." he answered, brushing his fingers through his brown curly hair. "It's been even more useful in my career, since it makes me seem like I have a high pain tolerance. The only way I could see myself losing a battle is if my body literally shut down because of the pressure. And I doubt I'll ever be in such a situation." he stated confidently. "I agree with you there." the girl paused,
"Hey, I'm really glad you're feeling better. For a moment last night, I was really worried about you." she admitted, shaking her head. She didn't do this because of Xander, she did it because the King of the Tribe was looming in her head. She had no idea what he looked like. However, she did know that if she got caught by him, Christine would be in big trouble. She imagined him with big, sharp fangs and scales as black as a eternal abyss. His eyes were probably red, as the stereotype goes; and his claws could probably cut through the biggest diamond known to man. The dragonet stared at the ground, gulping nervously. If she truly wanted to get The Sphere of Revolution, she would have to be fast and sneaky. If the king got his paws on her, she was afraid for the outcome. This made it even more important for her to lie to Xander and make him not follow her. If something terrible happened to him, Christine would break. He had to stay out of her business, because if he didn't, she would never forgive herself. pooop"I'm just glad you helped me through that, Christine. I normally don't cry, but it was nice to talk to someone about this love/hate disease I have." he stated, making the girl's thoughts scatter. "Heh, don't worry about it. I'm happy to comfort you." she replied blankly, her brain set on thinking about her plan. First, she would have to figure out where the orb is. Then she'd have to study the castle and the guard rounds. After that, she would go in and steal it, then hide it from Xander.
And...and what then? Would the girl just end up leaving him? Without an explanation of why? That didn't sound like it would be easy.
pooopCome on, I know what father would tell me in this situation: "Dragons aren't supposed to like humans, my darling. Didn't you know? Christine, just leave and do your job. To progress in life, sometimes a lot of pain is required. I'm sorry, but that's just the truth. Forgive for my harsh words." The girl turned her head away from Xander and pretended like she was scanning the area. In honesty, she was afraid her homesickness and this pressure had gotten the best of her and she would suddenly tear up. "You need to be strong, got it? You are a dragon, and dragons don't cry." her head repeated, making her feel somewhat better. This was a hard decision for her. Xander had been with her for her whole mission. All of her experiences, every laugh she had, she had it with him. He was the kindest, most soothing, and most loving human she had and would ever meet. But, on the other paw, she had a job to do. A mission that was assigned to her by The King of The dragons himself. Not to mention her own father. What would she do with Xander? Bring him back to the kingdom with her? It wouldn't work. Xander hated dragons, as he said before. So imagine how he would react if his best buddy, who turned out to be a dragon, brought him to a whole city full of them.
pooopChristine's father was right. A lot of pain had to be made in the next couple of days if she wanted to help her kingdom. So, begrudgingly, she decided what she would do. Christine would have to leave Xander forever. "Hey, it looks like we'll be arriving at the Fallen Tribe tonight. Isn't that great? Now you can do those jobs you were talking about." the assassin said, giving Christine a surge of guilt in her chest. "That's great! Wow, I can't wait to see what it's like in there!" she responded, her voice in mock happiness. If only things didn't have to be this way with the friends. But what else could she do? There was no other way to finish her job. Surely, Xander would move on and find someone better to be his friend. Someone who wasn't lying to him and could secretly turn into the creature he hated. There had to be some other person that would care for him more, and make Xander forget about Christine.
pooop...Right?
Last edited by Captain Plucky on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello there everyone,
I'm Captain Plucky!

---------------------
🐉 🥇🔥🐺

I love to write,
goof off, stargaze, and
generally have a good
time. If you ever
need anything, feel
free to talk to me!

---------------------
🎨 Credit